- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter details many of the events from last chapter, but from Jake's point of view, as he contemplates his decision to "try again" with Kendra. Enjoy!

A few weeks had passed since my encounter with Lillian, the four inch tall girl... or rather Kelly, the full size normal girl. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about her at all but honestly, my mind was elsewhere. I was still trying to decide if I had wanted to take Kendra up on her offer and try things again. I was honestly beginning to feel like a wimp for not just going for it when the moment was ... well, a little more appropriate.

But would it even be right for me to pursue a relationship with her again when it was my mind that was wandering this time? I was not naive when it came to Kendra and her ex-lovers. In particular, I knew there were some that she was still close with and I constantly looked over my shoulder when it came to that sort of thing. So how could I just start again with Kendra and still be thinking of Kelly??

Pondering this, I typed up a text message. Geez, it was 11 am already and I had gotten pretty much nothing done. I had just been cooped up in this room for most of the morning wondering about the same old stuff. Kelly was probably getting tired of me texting her so much. She would never say it but I could only imagine her shegrin when I sent her this next message.

I sighed and closed my phone. I can't believe I had sent that... another message that made me look like a big wimp. She had already seen me as a little wimp, I thought to myself so I guess its only fitting if I keep up the demeanor. Seriously, though, I had just felt very frustrated because before all of this, I thought I had figured most of this stuff out. I wasn't the most calm guy but I was able to weather most crises and get on with it. I really thought I'd get past this. I thought the fact that I was no longer doll sized would be a boost enough to my morale to make these choices easier and to not stress things so much.

I received a text message shortly thereafter and got excited for a moment.

Oh, it was Kendra.

"Hey Jake... I was wondering if you'd like to go out tonight... no pressure. I just wanted to see you. My friend Tiffany can get us into Chez Carousella tonight for half price" the message read.

Ah, Chez Carousella... a sort of fancy restaurant (although not really) that Kendra and her model friends liked to go. The food wasn't terrible (although it wasn't for me) but it seemed like everytime Kendra and I went there, we'd get into some kind of fight. Yet she always insisted on going back. Worse, it was a very 'date-like' thing to do and I didn't like the pressure of it all.

"Is this a date?" I asked Kendra over the phone.

This was getting ridiculous. I either wanted her or I didn't. Part of me wanted her... but not in the same way I felt about Kelly or even other girls I had met in my life. Kendra used to provoke a certain love emotion in me, but over time, it just turned into sex because I found her so hard to trust.

Kendra texted back.

"Maybe... =) "

Her playfulness was always cute and this was no exception but I was just too confused right now.

Sure enough, another text found its way to me -- from Kelly this time.

"Jake, I'd love to talk to you sometime but I actually think it's best if we slowed down the talks of us hanging out. It's not that I don't want to, but it's getting Kevin angry and I think we should just stay 'pen pals' for now. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, Jake. I will always be here to listen and to help you out with what you need."

I closed my eyes and sighed. I should've seen this coming. Kelly didn't seem very interested in seeing me again. I had just wanted to make sure she was alright after everything but if she didn't want me hanging around, then I guess I needed to accept that. After a few moments pause, I knew what to do.

I texted Kendra back.

"Hey K, I think it's a great idea. I'd love to go out with you tonight."

I then re-directed my attention back to Kelly.

""Okay, Kelly, no problem. I was actually just going to tell you, I'm probably going to ask Kendra out tonight. I think we're going to be a couple again and I wanted to know what you thought. Am I doing the right thing? I'm sorry if I somehow screwed up things with you and Kevin"

As soon as I finished typing, I felt kind of guilty. Not for any one reason but for several. I really did want to see Kendra tonight but I felt pressured and while I knew I had been prompted to do what I did as a response to Kelly's text, I decided this was what was best. Kendra and I had been together for a while. There had to be some reason why we kept being destined to see each other again. I mean, nobody could've predicted any of this, and yet Kendra still wanted to be with me. As long as that opportunity was still on the table, I'd be a fool not to take it.

Before I left for the day, I got one more message, from Kelly.

"Jake, I want you to do whatever makes you happy. I wish you the best with Kendra... tonight's my 2 year anniversary with Kevin and we're going to get together to celebrate. You're a really sweet guy and I'm sure that even if things don't work out with her, that you'll find someone soon. Thanks again for everything"

That night, it was time to reprise my relationship with Kendra.

Once you've been somebody's real life sex toy, going on an ordinary date just seems... well, ordinary. Still, that's what we did as I met Kendra outside her door around 8 and we made our way to the restaurant. I smiled and let my emotions float out somewhere in the cosmos as she took my hand and we instinctively walked down the sidewalk in the direction we had always gone before.

"I don't get how you walk in those things..." I joked, referring to Kendra's sharp, pointy red heels with the costume jewelry studding the shiny back of the shoes.

"Just got used to it, hun" Kendra smiled, "kind of like you got used to the food here"

"Oh stop" I chuckled, sitting down, "I like the food here"

"Yeah, now you do" Kendra replied, setting her purse down under our table. "I'm not stupid, I know you always used to put up with this place for my sake and I always appreciated that"

I nodded, in acknowledgement because in many ways she was right.

Kendra's friend Tiffany soon came over to speak with us.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad you guys are back together!" Tiffany beamed. I smiled uncomfortably. "Kendra told me about everything..."

Hopefully not EVERYTHING, I thought to myself.

"I always thought you two made such a cute couple" Tiffany added. "I'll be right back with some free appetizers"

Then, the two girls squealed and hugged before Kendra sat back down. She chuckled nervously.

"What?" Kendra asked, with a guilty smile on her face.

"You told her we're back together?" I asked.

"Yeah! I mean... yeah" Kendra stuttered, not looking so comfortable herself, "I literally just told her now... like a few hours ago... no biggie, right?"

"Heh, yeah... no biggie..." I sighed. Another one of Kendra's sayings that rubbed me the wrong way sometimes. No biggie...

Maybe she was right though... I was here at this restaurant with a beautiful girl as we were getting served wine and I needed to loosen up.

"I'll take some" I chimed in, drifting my glass over in the direction of the wine bottle.

"Since when are you into wine?" Kendra chuckled, taking a hearty sip.

"Hey, just trying new things" I replied, taking a slow sip. The wine burned my throat but I wasn't completely against it. I was just not a big drinker.

It wasn't too far into our date that I began to remember some of my other troubles with Kendra. She was a nice girl but as I watched her mingle with her girl friends at the restaurant, only occasionally paying attention to me, I remembered the inconsistencies in her love for me. I also remembered those awkward moments where we barely said a word to each other only for one of us to talk about something that the other had no interest or clue about.

"So then we had to start the whole photo shoot over..." Kendra smirked, now that we finally had some "one on one" time at the restaurant without one of her model friends around. I nodded. "Crazy, right?"

"That's nuts" I said, faking interest as I took another sip of wine. It wasn't really loosening me up but I had a slight headache. I guess that's something.

Strangely, I was getting a text message during my date. Not just one either... but several. Could it have been my mom or sister? I told them I would be out late. How late remained to be seen but still... geez, who was texting me?

"Hey uh... hold on one second" I chuckled, removing the phone from my pocket. Now I was beginning to get worried. Kendra shot me a suspicious look.

"Text message?" Kendra asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I-I'll be right back" I stuttered, "just give me one second..."

As I stumbled up from the table (room was so cramped in this restaurant, it made everything difficult) I couldn't help but notice Kendra's angry eye following me as I retreated to the mens room. My walking speed increased with each step until I was safely behind the door. I looked down at my phone in shock.

There were over 16 text messages... all from Kelly.

There was also a voicemail. I clicked on "Listen" and waited for the message to start.

It was Kelly... her voice was weak and strained.

"JAKE! I need you!" she shrieked, "Please help me, for the love of God HELP ME!!"

My heart began racing as I heard her struggled pleas.

"...I can't believe it..." she whimpered, almost inaudible on the phone. "Jake... I... I'm shrunk again... I'm 4 inches high, maybe less... I'm such a loser, Jake .... I know you probably don't ever wanna hear from me again but please... please help me Jake..."

The line went silent for several seconds, my world in shock as I hung on to her every word. What the hell happened?? I had to do something... but what about Kendra?

Without hesitation I swung open the door to the bathroom and paced past Kendra. She got up in a fury.

"Hey!" Kendra shouted, "what's going on?"

"I...I gotta go" I stuttered.

"It's Kelly, isn't it?" Kendra groaned.

I looked at her, shocked and confused.

"Yeah. That's what I thought" Kendra growled, lowering herself into her seat and folding her arms as a scowl became affixed to her face.

"Kendra, I..." I said,

"No! I knew something was up when you went to check your phone..." Kendra said, "I'm going to make this really simple... if you leave this restaurant we are OVER... no going back..."

"Please Kendra... don't make me do this.." I said, feeling anxiety overtake me.

"It sounds like you've already made your choice..." Kendra sighed, sounding as if the air was taken out of her.

Without a word, I left the restaurant. Kendra was right. I had made my choice.
Chapter End Notes:

As expected, the two stories (between Jake & Kelly) are going to converge in possibly my favorite chapter yet (yes, I've already authored it). It is not to be missed and I thoroughly hope fans of this story will love it. In the meantime (or the meanwhile, I guess I should say) I'd love to know what you thought of this chapter and Jake's reaction to the news he's received from Kelly. 

Thank you again for all of your wonderful support the entire story so far!