- Text Size +

It was a quiet night, as Jessica sat in the dreary car, letting her head bang quietly against the steering wheel. Today was just one of those days, where nothing seemed to go well. She stared at the empty night ahead, turning a bleary eye to the side as she heard a sharp rap on the window. “Hey, Jess. Order's up, and I know it's been quiet but make sure ya get back here ey ess ey pee – I'm not payin' you to loaf around.”

She gave a polite smile and nod, grabbing the two boxes as she rolled the window up, setting the boxes beside her as she began her drive. She was a starving college student in more ways than one, behind on loans and desperate for something interesting. It was a beautiful Friday night, and here she was stuck running pizza for some dumb frat boy.

Yet as she continued driving, the area began to grow nicer, brighter, more pleasant. She whistled quietly to herself, as it looks like her customer might actually be able to throw around an extra buck or two, and she might be able to enjoy a nice night out after all. Her Chuck Taylor-encased foot pushed down just a bit harder on the pedal, as she finally had some hope for the night. The woman approached the address, eyes scanning as she finally found the house. She gave a small cough, placing her slender fingertips beneath the cardboard as she carried the two pies up the steps, knuckles tapping against the floor. Within a few moments, she found herself staring at someone that clearly had a bit too much to drink. The scent of his reeking breath caused her to wince slightly, yet stiff upper lip, girl – Service with a smile!

“Good evening, sir! Your total will be 20.98.” She offered the pizzas, which were grabbed without ceremony and dropped on the floor behind her. The man gazed at her glassy-eyed, handing her two bills – oh yes, it looks like...! A twenty and a one. And the culmination of a shitty night peaked, as she clenched her teeth to hold back the tears. “Don't cry, don't let him see you cry,” she thought, turning to take a few steps.

“Hey. Where's my change?” she heard behind her, as something inside her snapped. Change? Oh, he'd get some change.

She spun on her heels, Converses giving a small squeak from the friction. She stormed towards the man, her right hand glowing with a strange light as she gave him a firm shove. His drunken reflexes did him no good, as he stumbled, his entire body overcome with a white hot heat. Her left hand grabbed the door behind her, shutting it as she spoke.

“Change? That I can do.”

His vision of white turned to black, as he passed out in a drunken stupor that was only broken by the feeling of strong vibrations. As he awoke, he saw the pizza delivery girl towering above him, giving a knowing smirk as she reached down and plucked the tiny drunkard between her fingers.

“Now, you see... usually, it's customary that when a service person delivers you exceptional service. A tip, as it's called. And since you're unfamiliar with tips...”

She let the words hang in the air as she tugged off her Chuck Taylors, revealing a beautiful, sweaty foot. She gave a small wink at the tiny man, blowing him a kiss before dropping him into the awaiting, steaming abyss of her hi tops. The shock of what felt like a twenty story fall was barely cushioned by the sweat-soaked heel, body cracking in pain as he had no choice but to tumble down the gentle slope. He attempted to push himself on all fours, giving a small cough of blood as droplets of sweat had seeped into his skin, acrid taste clouding his sense. A wipe of the arm attempted to free some of the sweat, though the surrounding heat and humidity made him feel his body give out, tumbling back towards the squishy indentation of the brunette's toes. He heard a small giggle, as his final hopes were snuffed out in the wet enveloping blanket of darkness. He felt something soft and wet press against him, flipping him over as his face made contact with the soft, fleshy pads of her toes. He could feel her laughing, the reverberations trailing all the way down as he struggled to make out her words – "And now you're familiar with the tip of my shoe. Goodbye!" And with that, the pressure mounted until he collapsed in a wet smear beneath her toes.

And with that, she reaffixed her hat on as she slumped down to the ground, cracking open a box and grabbing a slice, taking a bite with a bigger smile than she'd had in a long time. Maybe tonight wouldn't be so bad after all.