- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Originally, this chapter was meant to be longer. I decided I wanted to put out another chapter as quickly as possible. In this chapter, we found out a little about one of the main characters past and another continues down a dangerous road. Hope you enjoy. Please leave a constructive review! I really appreciate it.
Goin' Down: Chapter 8

Wes adjusted the hood of the old, dark blue sweatshirt to cover his face. The Candy Man had arrived along with two other guys. He'd been watching him for a few minutes now, just observing the trio. The bald one in the white, long sleeved shirt and jeans seemed to be in charge.

" He's gotta be the Candy Man. "

The other two went and stood by a wall away from the Candy Man. All three men were Hispanic. One of the lackeys was of average build, the other was a freaking giant. Wes hadn't been expecting him to come with back-up. This changed things slightly, but he would have to work with it. Besides, he brought an insurance policy in case something happened.

The previous night Wes messaged the Candy Man, using a fake email, saying he was interested in buying some of the drug. The Candy Man said he would send him a message with the buy location and time the next day a couple hours beforehand. He assembled his rattiest clothes for a disguise and pulled out his insurance policy. When he finally got the message, he went to the location as fast as possible. Hoping to beat the Candy Man there so he could scope out the place.

He'd arrived shortly before them at an alleyway behind some rundown buildings. There were some homeless people hanging around. Wes was happy to see them because his disguise imitated their clothing. To the passerby, he was one of them. Eventually, the Candy Man leaned against a wall and started thumbing through a leather-bound notebook.

" Interesting. Alright, I think it's time to get things rolling. "

Wes approached the Candy Man. The drug dealer grinned and pushed off the wall.

" Are you ACDoyle? " he asked.

" Yeah. You're the Candy Man? " Wes said trying not to show his face.

" Sí. You brought the money, right? "

" Yes. "

" Okay. First, take off the hood, lift up the sweater, and spin. Just a safety precaution. "

Warily, he removed the hood. The Candy Man's eyes widened in shock.

" Motherfucker! " he shouted.

His hand darted to the waistband of his jeans. Realizing what was happening, Wes reared back and punched him across the face. The gun he had been trying to pull out clattered to the ground. The Candy Man tried to punch him back, but Wes caught it with his arm and socked him again. He quickly recovered from the punch and moved in close, driving his knee into Wes' side.

Wes hooked one arm under his knee and kicked the Candy Man's other leg out from under him. By this point, he could hear the two goons pounding towards them. He decided to use what little time he had left to deal a couple more punches. In moments, he was thrown off the Candy Man by the giant. He followed up by wrapping his huge hand around Wes' throat and tossing him into a nearby wall.

As he coughed uncontrollably, the second goon came from his right and delivered a solid punch. He was knocked to the ground, where the bastard began stomping on his ribs. Not having any other options, Wes drew the insurance policy. His father's old, snub-nose revolver. The goon recoiled, drawing his own pistol. The giant did the same.

" Stop! ĄIdiotas! What the hell do you think you're doing? " The Candy Man said shoving them both.

He had retrieved his pistol during the scuffle. Blood trickled from the corner of his mouth.

" The white boy drew first. " the shorter man said.

" I don't care! You coulda kicked it out of his hand! Jesus. Put down the guns. "

Slowly, they lowered their weapons. Wes had no intention of lowering his own though.

" So? Where are the rest of the cops? This a sting? " The Candy man asked.

" What the hell are you talking about? There aren't any cops. " Wes spat.

" Bullshit! I know you're a cop. I remember you, Officer Junior. "

Something clicked in Wes' memory at those words. Only one person ever called him that. A suspect in one of the last cases he worked as a police officer.

" Andreas Garza. "

" Ah, you remember... Wait a second. I heard a rumor awhile back that you quit. Is it true? "

Wes said nothing.

" I think it is. Look how the mighty have fallen! What would your dearly departed father say if he saw you now? Buying drugs in an alley. Or maybe not. I seriously doubt you're here for pleasure. Maybe some new job? Doesn't matter. You fucked up. " Garza laughed.

He tucked his pistol away and squatted down to Wes' eye level.

" You might as well put down that gun. I doubt you're going to shoot. And we're not going to either. I don't think any of us want the police involved. "

Garza suddenly pulled out a phone and looked at it.

" Sadly, I can't stick around and chat. We got places to be. I'll leave you with a warning. If you follow us or I ever see you again, I will kill you. That's a promise. Comprendč? Catch ya later, Officer Junior. "

Garza stood up and walked off down the alleyway. The goons watched Wes closely as they went with him. He clicked the revolver's safety back into place and got up. If Garza was the drug dealer, only one gang could be behind this.

" Los Diablos. "

Wes reached into the sweatshirts pocket and took out Garza's notebook. He'd swiped it during the fight. He turned to leave, but froze when he saw graffiti of a faded laughing devil on the wall.

" Son of a bitch. " he thought trudging back to his bike.

.:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

Max quickly shut the door to Sarah's apartment. He'd gotten off work a couple hours ago, picked up more of the drug, and went home. The Candy Man had been all beat up when he saw him. A split lip and a big ol' bruise on the side of his face. Max didn't think much of it. He assumed those were the risks of being a drug dealer.

The price of the drug was much more than last time, as he expected, but he happily paid it. Anything to have another heavenly experience. A small part of Max worried how far he would take this, but he shut that part up. He would worry about that later. In the day he had to come up with a plan, he formed half of one.

Max remembered late last night that he had a spare key for Sarah's apartment. A few months back she had gone to visit family out of town. She gave him the key so he could water her plants while she was gone. When she came back, she never asked for the key. Max didn't say anything and stashed it in his desk.

Eventually, he forgot about it too. But now, Max once again needed the key to make his plan work. Max tip-toed down the hall, hoping no one would see him slip into Sarah's. He shoved the key in his pocket and started thinking.

" Alright. Sarah's probably not gonna be here for at least forty-five minutes. I have plenty of time. How am I going to do this? " he thought looking around the apartment.

There were a few different ways he could play this. He decided to go with the adverse side effect route. It would be hard to work with in the long run, but Max didn't care. Of the ideas he had it was the easiest to explain and kept his fetish a secret.

" Now I've got too much time. Guess I'll wait a bit before I get ready. "

Max sat down at the kitchen table and played a game on his phone for awhile. After a good amount of time, he started to set up. He removed his clothes piece by piece and put them in the center of the front room. Arranging them so it looked like he shrunk right out of them.

Next, he pulled out the syringe already full of the drug and injected it into his forearm. He figured getting it directly in a vein would make the process faster. Max stood awkwardly in the front room, attempting to cover his nakedness even though there was no one to see it.

" Where should I wait 'til it starts working? " he wondered.

He didn't want to sit on Sarah's furniture butt naked. Not knowing what else to do, he decided to stand. In minutes he felt dizzy. Not long after, the constriction began. It wasn't nearly as painful as last time, but still made him fall to his knees. Then, just as suddenly as it came, the pain transformed into euphoria.

Max couldn't help but smile as he slowly shrunk. When he stopped, he rose to his full diminished height. This time, it seemed like he was somewhat smaller than before. If he had to guess he'd say he was about three inches tall, maybe slightly bigger.

" God, that feels good. Okay. I should hide somewhere until Sarah gets home and relaxes. " he thought searching for a good spot.

" Under the couch! Perfect! "

Knowing it would take a bit to get there, he began jogging. Fifteen minutes later, he crawled under the couch. His entire body was coated in a layer of sweat. The space underneath Sarah's couch was surprisingly clean. There were a few dust bunnies, but nothing too bad.

" Shit. Sarah must be running late. Hopefully she won't take very long. "

So, Max stayed hidden under the couch longer than he could tell. Eventually, he heard the front door open.

" What the hell? Whose clothes are- Wait. Aren't these Max's? Max! You in here? " Sarah called closing the door.

There were a few minutes of silence. He crawled to the back of the couch and watched her. She poked and prodded his clothes, trying to see if he was still in them. When that failed, she walked around the apartment calling his name. Being very careful where she stepped. She even tried looking for him in possible hiding places. Max crawled to the far end of the couch and curled into a ball when she looked under it.

Sarah searched for awhile, but eventually gave up.

" Maybe he's not in here at all... I'll go check his apartment. " she thought aloud.

She came back a couple minutes later seeming confused.

" Where the heck could he be? Maybe he went to the hospital? No. Why would he leave his phone and keys here? Max! If you're here come out! We need to get you to a hospital! "

He didn't budge. Sarah let out a deep sigh. Today she was wearing gym clothes. A blue t-shirt and white gym shorts. Her hair was done up in a bun. She had white sneakers on her feet.

" She must've had a game after work. That's why she was late. "

He heard booming footsteps moving closer as she walked in front of the couch and sat down. The sofa's springs creaked in response. Sarah's large hands descended and untied her shoes. A slight odor was released as she did, nothing too bad though. She peeled her socks off next.

Her big, beautiful feet were only inches away. Max forced himself not to crawl out.

" Not just yet. I've waited this long. I'll wait just a little longer and then go. "

He fought his primal desires as long as possible (maybe five minutes tops), until he couldn't do it anymore. Slowly, he crawled out from under the couch. Sarah was absorbed in whatever she was watching. He rounded her lengthy foot, becoming erect at the mere sight of it. Her toes sat motionless.

He marveled at the fact that her toe was nearly as long as he was tall. Sarah's feet were putting off some serious heat. Max couldn't help it, he had to touch her foot. Repercussions be damned! He got down on his knees before her second toe.

Leaning forward, he kissed the skin below her nail. Sarah's toes suddenly clenched up and her foot rose into the air.

" Shit! " Max whispered scrambling backwards.

He wasn't quick enough. The foot landed on top of him, trapping him beneath it.

" No! This is bad. I didn't wanna get caught yet! "

However, it seemed Sarah had no idea he was pinned under her foot. Max's back was up against her warm sole, causing him to perspire. He wanted so badly to rub her foot, but didn't want to tip her off. Afraid to do anything, he laid unmoving. He stayed under her foot so long he started sweating profusely. Sarah still did not notice him.

Her foot rose up again, except this time Max was stuck to her sole! The sweat had acted like a glue! She put her feet on the coffee table. He still didn't want to be move for fear of being found. Now that her foot stood straight up, he could feel himself beginning to slip. Apparently the sweat wasn't quite as strong as he thought.

" Shit, shit, shit! "