- Text Size +
Suzy is looking for me, calling my name. I can see her, but I can't go to her because Cheryl has cut off my arms and legs with a pair of fingernail clippers...



I suddenly wake up and find myself standing at the window, staring out into the darkness of the living room. My heart is pounding and I'm horribly short of breath. My mind races, trying to remember just how I got here. A noise, I think. A sudden noise outside my house.

There it is again. I hear the soft thud of slippered feet on the carpet as a monstrous shadow passes by my window. The kitchen light snaps on, and I catch a quick glimpse of Naomi's pale blue nightgown as she goes around the corner. She rattles around in there for about a minute.

I'm shivering, I realize, my muscles still wound tight from the nightmare. My skin is covered with cold sweat and my heart is pounding at light speed. The feeling of helplessness brought on by the dream still lingers, and my longing for Louise is more acute than ever. I want her here to hold me, comfort me, and make me feel safe.

Naomi walks out of the kitchen carrying a glass of ice water. She's trying to walk softly, but I can feel her every step in the plastic floor of my bedroom. She walks over to the thermostat and adjusts it until the air conditioner comes on.

"Ray?" she says softly, seeing me standing at my window. She walks over and crouches outside the house to peer in at me. "Is everything okay, sweetie?" Her breath is warm on my damp flesh, and it smells of mint and cigarettes.

"I'm fine," I tell her, oddly comforted by her presence. She's disheveled, her face scrubbed clean of makeup. Her eyes are still puffy from sleep. "I just had a nightmare."

"Poor baby," she whispers. "You want Momma to hold you?"

Much to my surprise, I find myself nodding. "Yes, please," I say in a trembling voice.

"Okay, sweetie," she says. "Why don't you come on out here?"

I make my way down the stairs and out the front door. Her knee is on the carpet just inches from me, enveloped in the sheer blue satin of her gown. Her hand hovers above me for a second before descending. Slowly and gently, her fingers wrap around me.

"Oh Ray, you're all sweaty," she says, giving me a sleepy smile. "Poor thing," she whispers as she stands back up. She cradles me in her palm, holding me just beneath her breasts. I can feel her warm flesh beneath the soft satin of her nightgown. Her fingers stroke me in gentle little circles as she carries me into the living room.

She plops down in her usual spot on the couch and leans back. "Poor little Ray," she coos, pressing me to her chest. Her heart is pounding beneath me as she rubs me gently her breast, sliding me over the warm satin that still smells of her perfume. "So tiny and helpless," she whispers as she continues to rub me against her. Her soft nipple is suddenly rock-hard and protruding through the silky fabric. She lets out a gasp, and the rubbing becomes a little less gentle.

"Uh, Naomi?" I say, my voice muffled as my face is pressed into her yielding flesh. She suddenly stops and holds me up, letting me dangle between her fingers.

I'm really getting nervous now. Her lips are pursed in a familiar predatory smile. With her finger and thumb, she begins tugging at my pajamas.

I kick and scream, but she tears the pajamas from my body, leaving me naked and helpless in her grasp. When she's done, she crosses her leg and reaches down with her free hand to remove her slipper. It falls to the floor with a thud. She rubs her foot and sighs as she wiggles and flexes her toes.

"You like Momma's pretty feet, don't you?" she whispers, grinning at me as she moves me towards her massive bare foot with agonizing slowness. I stare, hypnotized, not even resisting when she places me between her toes. I feel dizzy, like I could faint. It's like all the blood has rushed from my head to flow down between my legs. I can't even see my erection, but I can feel it throbbing with my pounding heart.

Then, she begins to slowly wriggle her toes, grinding me between them. The friction of her skin against mine is intoxicating, as is the scent of lotion and lavender soap. The pressure building within me is unbearable; I feel as if I'm about to explode. Everything in my body seems synchronized to the beating of my heart. It pounds louder and louder in my ears as she continues to squeeze her toes together.

She has such power over me; she knows it and she enjoys it. It must make her feel like a goddess to have me so helpless and completely at her mercy. To know that she could induce such reluctant pleasure in me with so little effort on her part; to know that she could just as easily kill me. I was stupid to think that I could befriend her, to think that she would ever consider me as anything other than a curiosity. I'm just something for her to play with.

I climax bitterly, shedding angry tears as I spasm in the grip of her toes. I hang limply, panting as I lay my burning face on the cool flesh of her foot. I'm angry with her for doing this to me, but even more so, I'm angry at myself for allowing her to and for, God help me, even enjoying it.

"Mercy," Naomi whispers, still grinning down at me. She lights up a cigarette and spends the next couple of minutes smoking in silence before finally plucking me from between her toes and lifting me up. She picks up my discarded pajamas and dabs at my sweating body with them. Trembling and weary, I huddle in her hand. Without a word, she carries me back to the dollhouse. She deposits me on the bed and drops my pajamas in a ball on the floor. Then she pushes my house back against the wall and goes to bed.

I put on my pajamas and crawl back into bed. Exhausted, I sob for about an hour before I finally fall back asleep...



I'm awakened in the morning by a sound outside my dollhouse. I bolt upright in bed, wondering if Naomi has come for me again. I see Paul's pants leg pass by my window as he walks into the kitchen, and I relax. It's still dark, but he's obviously dressed. He must be on his way to work.

Work. Paul is going to work. Nicole is going to school. And I'm left with nothing but the prospect of Naomi's undivided attention.

The kitchen light snaps on, and I hear Paul rummaging around in there. I wonder, desperately, if I can talk him into taking me to work with him. I'd rather spend the day being ignored by him than being... played with by Naomi.

Paul comes out with a cup of coffee, and I wave to get his attention. He glances down and, for a few seconds, we stare at each other. Then he kneels and I find myself staring into his massive eye. His aftershave is overpowering. My eyes burn and I have to breathe through my mouth to keep from gagging.

"What is it, son?" he asks.

"Can I come to work with you today?"

He chuckles. "That's not such a good idea, Ray. We're supposed to kind of keep you under wraps until next week. Except for the people you're meeting tonight, that is."

"Why do you have to keep me a secret?" I ask him. "Who says you have to?"

He frowns, as if giving the matter some serious thought, then says, "There's a woman named Rachel Foster-you'll meet her tonight. She'll answer all your questions."

"But who is she?" I ask. "What does she have to do with any of this?"

"We'll talk tonight, Ray," Paul says, standing up. "Have a good day."

Not likely.



"Morning, Ray," Naomi chirps as she walks by my house. I just lay there, pretending to still be asleep. I hear her bumping around out there, peeking in my window. Miraculously, she decides to let me be. She goes into the kitchen and starts breakfast and I sigh with relief at my temporary reprieve.

Nicole comes running in, her usual bundle of morning energy. She kneels and looks in on me, and whispers, "Good morning." I wave back with more cheer than I feel, relieved to still have one friend in this household. For a second, I consider asking her to take me to school with her. It's a horrible idea, but I'll do anything to avoid alone time with Naomi. I come very close to asking, knowing that she would happily sneak me out without Naomi knowing. The only thing that stops me is the knowledge that Nicole would get in trouble and it would once again be my fault.

"Oh, let Ray sleep, sweetie," Naomi says. "The poor thing is exhausted."

"Bye Ray," she whispers, standing up to leave. She and Naomi eat their breakfast in silence. I've been spared that burden only because Naomi thinks I'm still asleep. When Nicole finishes and leaves for school, I feel an overwhelming sense of dread.



After about a thirty-minute respite, I hear Naomi approach the house. I roll over and feign sleep, as usual. It's not going to work. I know it's not going to work. My heart is pounding and my breath is shallow and it's the hardest thing in the world to just lay there when I want to leap out of bed and scream into that massive eye that's peeking through the window...

"Wake up, sleepyhead," she coos, sliding my house away from the wall. She reaches in and grabs me between her finger and thumb. "It's bath time."



Bath time goes pretty much like it did yesterday, except Naomi's had enough of my false modesty. She insists that I strip out of my pajamas and she refuses to go get my bathing suit for me. Once again, I bathe in the sink while she takes her shower. And once again, she sets me on the floor and asks me to dry her feet for her...

As for the rest of the day, well... it's pretty much a blur of humiliation and boredom. After my bath, Naomi carries me into the kitchen and sets me on the counter so I can watch her wash the morning dishes. After that, I get to watch her make potato salad. And after that, I get to watch The Young and the Restless while she smokes her cigarette and pets me.

At one point, she goes out to her garden to pick some onions and tomatoes. She's out there for over an hour, and when she comes back in, she's accompanied by Cheryl from next door. The two of them are giggling and looking at me, so I can only assume Naomi has told her about what happened last night.

Once again, we play the game where I admire their feet, only this time it's lost a great deal of its charm. At one point, Cheryl slides her foot out of her thong sandal and pins me to the floor, all the while asking me in that croaking voice of hers if I think her feet are prettier than Naomi's. Naomi accuses Cheryl of cheating and the two of them giggle as they grasp at me playfully with their toes.

Finally, mercifully, Cheryl goes home, promising on her way out that she'll see me at the barbecue tonight. Naomi makes a sandwich and tears off a corner for me, and then carries me back into the kitchen so I can watch her make the baked beans.

After that, we're on the couch watching Montel. Naomi is smoking a cigarette and caressing me with hands that stink of onion, when she gets the brilliant idea of putting me on her foot so I can massage it. She crosses her leg and with deliberate, playful slowness, she sets me down so that I'm straddling her instep. Her toes flex with anticipation as she commands me to start rubbing. It's ridiculous... I could rub as hard as humanly possible, and all she would ever feel is a tickle, but I know that's not what it's about. It's about power, and Naomi revels in it.

Fortunately, the phone rings before I'm forced to endure too much humiliation. Naomi answers it, then tells whoever it is to hang on. She sets me on the coffee table, then gets up and carries the phone into her bedroom. The door closes, and I know immediately who it is. Her mysterious boyfriend, the one that called the other night.

There's got to be some way I can use this against her.