- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Second Chapter, I've cut up the story so each part is sort of a vignette on its own, know what I mean?

///////

“Here we are!" Komiko quipped "Remember, wait ten minutes, the high priestess told me I had to get out of here." Aiko was trembling. "Come on, cheer up, it won't hurt, I promise." Komiko smiled, putting a hand on Aiko's shoulder. "Are you ready?" Aiko was silent. "Okay, well, ready or not, here it is." She put out her hand, holding the charm wrapped in a thick cloth and Aiko timidly picked up the charm. She wasn't ready, there's no way she was ready.

"Well, good luck!" Komiko turned to walk away, but the walk quickly turned to a run. Aiko watched the miko go down the hill, even her only friend didn't want to be here with her. She clenched the charm tightly. Ten minutes.

Aiko looked around, she was wearing a hamaka with a tightly tied red ribbon, this one had a strange metal area wrapped around the center where the ribbon was tied, the high priestess herself had insisted she take this one. It must be important. She was also wearing a pure white haori, it was perfectly cleaned, and matched her equally clean tobi socks which she wore without sandals - also insisted on by the high priestess - as she had to be connected to the earth. Doesn't that mean she should... take them off? No. She had to do what she was told, she didn't want to get hurt. She held the cloth tightly to your chest.

Suddenly, a whisper. "Relax, I will lead you through this."

Aiko jumped, looking around, she couldn't find anyone.

"Look down. In your hands." Aiko looked at the charm. "You...?"

"I can talk, but only you can hear me.” It began. “ You have been chosen to stop this war. I am the goddess of order." It continued "I will help you."

Aiko was still terrified, the one of the gods was talking to her? Was she meant to do this?

"Relax. The ten minutes are up. Unwrap me, and hold me tight to your ribbon."Aiko did as she was told, unwrapping the ribbon it was cold to the touch, but overflowing with warm energy. It was unlike anything she had ever felt. She slowly lowered the charm, and immediately it started glowing and pushed her hands off. It began to fuse with her ribbon, fitting into the circular metal slot perfectly.

"Ready? Three... Two... One."

Vertigo. Aiko felt the entire world suddenly pull her downwards as she felt her heart drop. The world was sharply blurried as it seemed to get smaller. The whole thing was incredibly overwhelming, and when the world had settled, Aiko stared in disbelief, the hill she was standing on seemed to get a lot taller. Heart pounding, she looked down at her socks. No wait, she was taller. A LOT taller!

She slowly lifted her socked foot, patches of ground still stuck to the fibers fell off, and Aiko could see a clear dirt indent... Had she done that? Aiko was scared.

"Relax." The Goddess whispered. "You are now a lot larger than any human has ever been."

"B-but... Why?" She choked, her heart was heavier then lead and was pounding faster then she could handle.

"Because it is the only way. I promise you won't be hurt. You are far too big for anything to hurt you."

"H-h-how big?" She choked.

"There is no nead to talk, just think, I can answer you. For this task the less you talk, the better, you must be restrained."

"I don't want to do this!" Aiko begged "Please change me back!"

"You must. Please do what I tell you, trust me." The Goddess soothed, sending warm energy throughout Aiko's body, her heart slowed, her body less tense, she was okay now.

"You are probably be wondering how big you are. Please step off the hill and we will find something to compare you to." Aiko slowly lifted her foot and stepped off the hill, it was more of a steep ledge and her foot slid down the side, leaving a large dirt trail as the ground was efferly forced forward by her sole. She caught her balance, and stepped off.

"Look down ahead of you at the nearby trail, there is someone there."

Himiko was staring dumbfounded, she heard a boom on the hill and looked, in about three seconds she saw a girl shoot up to the heavens, there was no explanation. She just stared, she was in great danger but her body was frozen, her mouth agape... She was cute, and her timidly shaking body sent ripples down the hill that Himiko felt, even on the stone trail. Suddenly, even as she came right towards her, staring down, Himiko was frozen, slowly staring up as the girl approached. She lifted her foot, oh god, this is where it ends. Her foot rapidly descended towards her, and Himiko said a short prayer, there was no helping her now.

She was thrown back as the rocks flew, dazed. The dust parted and she gasped as she saw the massive sock, she was right at the part where the toes parted, her big toe was easily the size of a person.

"P-p-please... Don't kill me!" She got up and ran towards the fabric and knelt. "I am only passing through." This must have been the area's guardian, if such a thing existed. Usually guardians were spirits that you could feel grasp your soul when you are in unwelcome land. Never had she heard of or seen a giant miko.
Aiko looked down at her sock, this girl was tiny! At this size, she was clearly the size of at least a five storey pagoda, her knees would reach the average house.

"You could be bigger. But it's unnecessary."

"Wha-what should I do?" Aiko trembled, she flexed her toe slightly and saw the women kneeling before her get knocked back by the force, she wasn't even touching her!

"Pick her up."

Himoko yelped as she was picked up between the gentle fingers that seized her sides. She travelled up her body, past the legs, up to her breasts, and right before her gentle green eyes. She was clearly young, Himiko thought, she wouldn't hurt her.

"Uh... Ko-ni-chi-wa" Aiko struggled to say the parts.

"No need for formalities.” Suddenly changing tone“I want you to squeeze her."

"But she'll..."

"Relax. I will protect her. Just squeeze."

Aiko heard a quick scream as the body compressed into unrecognizable mush between her fingers. Aiko gasped as the gore slid off her fingers and to the ground. Her fingers were... Clean? Everything just seemed to spill off.

"No harm to the blessed, you will always be pure."

"B-But you said you would protect her!" Aiko felt betrayed.

"I will. I have ensured her safe passage to the afterlife, as will all the other innocents today."

"Innocents?"

"Head along the trail, the village of Usuniko is ahead."

Aiko could see the village ahead, but she felt a strange pull. She decided to ignore the hill that curved around the hills and headed straight for the small village, her feet flattening the tops of the mountains as she tread along and between them. The dirt slipping off her sock.

"No need to be messy, eager one."

She was right, Aiko was eager. She wanted to see how she compared to the village, she had visited once before as a regular sized miko and was overwhelmed by the size of some of the buildings, especially the town center.

Making her way, she could see the tops of the rooftops as she approached the main gate. The two guards were trembling.

"H-Halt" The larger of the two squeaked. "What business brings you to our honorable little village?"

"Punishment." She said calmly, but Aiko was terrified. Where did THAT come from?

"Err, I mean, order. I just want come in, okay?"

"I'm sorry, but only those with town business may enter."

"I want to come in!" She lifted her foot.
Hibichi was not going to submit, he would have to die with honor. He lifted his spear to combat her soul, hopefully he could at least puncture through the fabric.

Aiko really had wished he would let her in, but she timidly put her foot down on the tiny guard. She didn't want to hurt him. She barely felt the spear snap as the guard buckled, squirming.

"Please let me in!"

"I will not! Kill me if you must."

Aiko pushed harder.

"PLEASE let me in!" Her eyes were beginning to well up.

She could only hear a muffle, but she could guess the answer. She finished putting her foot down as the body shattered under the crumpling armor. The other guard, staring onwards as his partner was crushed, yelped and immediately ran through the gate.

Aiko took that as confirmation, she was allowed to come in.

"I know this might be hard for you, Aiko, but please proceed to the town center."

Chapter End Notes:

//////

Next up: Village life