- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:



Daniel sat quietly on the table as his two “hostesses” went about cooking breakfast. The two of them were quite a pair. Ellie clumsily dropped one of the eggs, predictably ending with Minnie teasing her. The redhead swatted at the buzzing fairy before moving to cleaning her mess. As she bent to do so, Minnie flew straight long into Ellie's extended rear, practically bouncing off it.


“Eep!” Ellie cried, straightening.


“Yeah, that's right!” Minnie declared, triumphantly. “Don't mess with me!”


“Will you knock it off?” Ellie snapped. “I'm trying to cook!”


“Do you cook eggs on the floor?”


“Do YOU want to end up on the floor?”


“Yeah right! You'd have to catch me first!”


It was on the tip of his tongue to try and silence their puerile bickering, but it was no use. In the short time he'd known them these two had already proven to him that they only listened to about every other word he said. And even that was generous, especially for the fairy whose attitude would only egged on with any words from him. No doubt she still believed his violation the previous night was nothing of concern.


In spite of themselves, the pair continued to work and an admittedly delicious smell began to waft through the kitchen, awakening Daniel's stomach. Finally, Ellie approached with a plate while Minnie floated around holding a sausage to nibble on. As per last night, Daniel was fed off Ellie's plate, with her cutting pieces of her sausages into tiny pieces and passing them to the Minish. Yet another insult to his pride, but again he found very little option. He could have left; he could have turned down Ellie's tearful pleas and simply exited the window and made his way back into the woods on his own. But it wasn't safe out there for someone like him and, despite his annoyances at the pair, it would, at the very least, be faster to ride on Ellie than to continue walking on his own.


Ellie dared for a conversation. “How is it?” She asked.


“It's fine.”


“Good.”


“You're welcome!” Minnie exclaimed from up above.


“Sorry?” Daniel asked.


“You say 'thank you' when people do nice things for you!” Minnie pouted.


“I owe you nothing,” Daniel grumbled. “You both owe me far more than I owe you.”


The fairy's legs suddenly dropped down into his vision as she landed heavily onto the table, dropping her sausage. Surprised, his eyes began to travel up to her eyes, but only met her brown locks until her head turned around at him with an icy glare. She reached down and lifted her tunic, revealing her wide, bare butt.


“YOU owe ME a kiss on the butt!” She snapped. “So you bette-!”


Calmly, Ellie reached out and snatched the fairy in her fist, stood from her chair, placed Minnie on the cushion, then brought her own generous rear back down with a plop.


“Sorry.” Ellie apologized. “She's just...stupid.”


Pot meet kettle, Daniel thought but chose not to say. Ellie had saved her from the fairy's outrageous behavior...for the moment.


“So...any ideas on which direction to find your village?” The redhead asked.


“None.” Daniel replied. “There was a storm a few days ago and it separated me from the rest of my party. I don't know what became of them. Nor do I know where I am.”


“You were traveling with others?”


“Of course. Minishes never travel alone if they can help it. Surely even you understand why.”


“Because you're so tiny?”


“...yes...” Daniel grumbled. “Because I'm so tiny.”


“How many others of you are out in the woods?” Ellie asked.


“I don't know. That was one of the objectives of the scouting party. To see if there were other settlements. It is not always easy for my people to make contact with each other in such a large world.”


“I can imagine!”


“If we do make contact with any other settlements it will be possible that they will be able to point us in the right directions. So long as we are able to talk to them before you step on all of them...”


“It was an accident.” Ellie replied almost absently. She realized the danger of her making that mistake twice was all too real. Minnie's muffled cries grew louder and the redhead looked down, lifting one of her legs up as she did. “What's wrong with you?”


“GET YOUR FAT BUTT OFF ME!” The fairy bawled.


“Are you done being stupid?”


“I didn't do ANYTHING, dumbo!”


“You better start being a lot more nice.” Ellie said. “I'll fart. You know how gassy I can be after I drink...”


“EW! NO!” Minnie shrieked.


“I second that!” Daniel protested.


“Fine,” Ellie said, before lowering her leg back down, muffling the fairy's cries again.


“...weren't you going to let her out?” Daniel asked.


“I didn't say that,” Ellie shrugged. “I just agreed not to fart on her.”


“How nice of you...”


“There's a village of towards the west of here,” The redhead said, shoveling more of her breakfast into her mouth. With her cheek full... “We cud hed in tha durection.” Apparently manners and etiquette were not a priority among these “ladies”.


“My people would not settle so close to humans.” Daniel countered. “It would be a recipe for disaster with them stomping around like you.”


“I don homp awound.”


“What? Could you please not talk with your mouth full!”


“Sowwy.” Ellie chewed for a moment before finally gulping, a large bulge traveling down her throat. When she opened her mouth again the following belch rang throughout the house. “Anyway, I don't stomp around!”


“The point is it would be dangerous!” Daniel barked. “So therefore any sane Minish wouldn't think of settling around there.”


“Well, maybe...” Ellie said. “But it's kinda far from here, so there's lots of woods inbetween. We could look around for some kind of clues and then sleep there if we needed to. Cause I'm not camping out in the woods.”


“Why not?” Daniel asked. “You're a human. There's not much out there that would be brave enough to attack you.”


“Sleeping on the ground hurts my back.”


Once again, the fairy's muffled cries swelled in a desperate tone and Ellie lifted herself up again.


“GET OFFA ME! OR I'LL BITE YOUR BUTT!”


“Oh, fine.” Ellie replied, lifting up more. The fairy instantly flew out from under her. “I was getting tired of you wriggling around down there. Just stop being stupid.”


“I didn't do ANYTHING!” Minnie snapped, landing on the table in front of Ellie. “He's acting like a big jerk to ME like it's MY fault that YOU...!”


Ellie leaned forward, dropping the swell of her bosom onto the table, rattling the plates and silverware as she did. The fairy was like the item of a magic trick; there one moment and then gone the next.


“Besides, I always feel gross afterward,” The redhead continued. “Dirt all over me, bugs in my hair...that kind of stuff. At least I'll be able to take a bath at the Inn, get something to eat, and have a warm bed and a roof over my head. Our heads in this case.”


Daniel thought about it for a moment. She had a fair point. He'd done his share of camping the past few days and deeply desired some respite from it. Hadn't that been one of the reasons he had agreed to spend the night with these two in the first place? Still, he was certain they wouldn't find his village near any human settlements, but there was always a chance they'd find some clue. Or maybe run into other Minish scouts.


“Fine,” Daniel said. “I accept your plan.”


“Great!” Ellie beamed. She stood up from the table. “Minnie! We worked out a plan!” The fairy merely gasped for air in response. “Glad you like it! I'll just clean up a little bit and we'll head out!”


She walked over to the large bucket that she did the washing in, while the angry fairy fluttered after her.


“I don't care about your stupid plan!” Minnie was fuming. “Just because you're bigger than me doesn't mean you can just...” She was cut off after Ellie dropped the dishes in the water and spun around, her large chest whooping the fairy and sending her hurdling towards the wall.


“You're right, Minnie!” The redhead proclaimed, still beaming. “There's no time to waste. The dishes can wait. Let's head out.”


“Yeah...” Minnie replied dazedly from the floor. “Let's...let's do that...”


“Are you ready, Daniel.” Ellie asked, holding a hand out to him to climb onto.


“As ready as ever,” He replied, sighing. “But I will ride on your shoulder this time! I don't need to get motion sickness from your chest!”


“Fair enough,” Ellie replied with a small sheepish smile. She gently dropped the Minish onto her shoulder, feeling his small hands grab some of her red hair. “Comfy?”


“Just get on with it.”


“Alright! Let's go! This'll be fun! Kinda like an adventure!”


“Sure it will...” Minnie grumbled, sitting atop the beret atop Ellie's head.


And with that, the unlikely trio left the house and entered the wilderness.