- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

***I posted this before I took my trip to visit my sister and family out of state, but it looks like I haven't gotten any response to this odd query one way or another. I'm going to have to assume that this wasn't the great idea I thought it would be soon and move on with writing the main story, spinning this off into it's own little story once I recover from the time difference and travel weariness. ***

 

Special chapter, where you the readers get to ask Kira and Chrystal questions via review and they'll respond in character! A few minor spoilers are implied here, but nothing major (you get to know that I'm not likely to kill either character off, at least in this novel!). This is so I get ideas of what people are wanting from the main story so I know what to work in. But, that being said, don't expect  full on spoilers, this is for background information only!

It was a chilly day for California, slightly overcast, with a little wind making it seem even colder than it was. Near sunset, the lights flick on in a familiar bookstore, Paige's Pages, as the bell jingles when you enter the room. You find you're not the first here, people have already started to arrive from all over to hear this special presentation.

The air was abuzz with speculation. What could this meeting be about, and why were you called here specifically? The excitement and and anticipation is akin to Golden Ticket holders at a certain chocolate factory, which gave the whole room an air of mystery and more than a little tension.

Kira and Chrystal walked out of the back room and settled in on one of the long couches. Gathered around them are you, their loyal audience, in chairs, on the other couch, standing and even sitting on the floor.

"I suppose you're wondering why the shift in tone. We've decided to take a little break from telling you the story of how we met to letting you ask us whatever it is you want about us." Kira announced.

"And though I expect Kira to get most of the questions, because I'm not all that interesting in comparison, we'll answer to the best of our ability as long as it doesn't tell any of you what happens to us in the future." Chrystal added.

"You're interesting to me, Chrystal, and that's what counts." Kira assured, then nodded, redirecting her attention to the audience. "Obviously we survive, otherwise we wouldn't be here to answer your questions but that is you one and only spoiler."

"We've given you comment cards to write down your questions. Kira and I will go over them and decide how best to respond without giving away any of our story, which I know is the reason all of you are here." Chrystal pointed out, gesturing to the stack of cards on the little end table.

"We were a little worried about doing this, because it breaks the suspension of disbelief a little bit, but to make this the best retelling we can, we need to cater to your needs as well as our own. Also, if you think this is a bad idea by and large, and if we get enough negative feedback on this, we may call the whole thing off, but I have a feeling your curiosity is strong enough for this to actually work." Kira added with a gentle smile. "We're honestly interested in your opinions about us and your curiosity. What is it you want to learn about us as we tell you our story? Both of us would be happy to oblige. You know me by now, I love making people feel special, as does Chrystal here."

Chrystal smiled at Kira and blushed a little in response to the compliment."So, get to writing, we'll get to reading, and we'll answer the best we can without giving away anything we haven't gotten to yet in our retelling to you." Chrystal concluded.


Chapter End Notes:

So, while not quite a fourth wall break, it does imply that Kira and Chrystal get to tell their story to the public at some point, and that it's at Paige's Pages. I look forward to your questions in the reviews!

 

***I posted this before I took my trip to visit my sister and family out of state, but it looks like I haven't gotten any response to this odd query one way or another. I'm going to have to assume that this wasn't the great idea I thought it would be soon and move on with writing the main story, spinning this off into it's own little story once I recover from the time difference and travel weariness. ***