- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The beginning of the fourth day of the Shrinking Show!

The next morning the house woke slowly, though they didn’t sleep quite as late as they had the day before. Since Carla was now too small to readily help with breakfast Paul and Vera took upon it themselves to do the whole thing. They cooked pancakes and maple syrup which the rest of the group deemed delicious.

Hailey and Dale were almost late to breakfast, stumbling out in their pajamas and looking disheveled. Hailey was wearing a pleasurable, almost guilty smile from the events of the night. She had such enjoyed having a little Dale with her. Of course, at his reduced size the actual intercourse was unsatisfying, but the rest of it was so much fun! Hailey especially liked being able to cap her hands completely around his cheeks and force him down on her since it was so easy and he could do so little against it.

Dale had certainly felt excitement and arousal from the experience, but he didn’t like how little control he had. Hailey had pushed him around like he was nothing and she put him everywhere she wanted him to go. However, her right breast was the softest pillow he had ever felt and he slept curled up on top of her very soundly throughout the night.

The group had little to talk about other than speculation on the day’s games, and there were lots of theories floating around.

“I think it’ll still be a running game.” Paul said. “Remember what Betty said about exercise!”

“I don’t know if it will even be competitive.” Dale said. “Remember, a lot of it was rigged last time.”

“It wasn’t rigged.” Hailey said from the next seat. “We just thought it was because we thought the competition was staged.”

“It did seem pretty suspicious.” Jerry said. “But I think I’m going to have to side with Paul on this one.”

“I hope it is.” Vera said. “I know I’ll stand a better chance at that.”

After breakfast, Andy joined Paul to clean the dishes while the rest of them went back to the living room to relax. But it wasn’t long after breakfast before there was a knock on the door. Looking at the clock and seeing it was far to early to be Betty, Vera assumed it was Sherri. After opening the door, she found out she was right. The half-sized Sherri was standing there with some treats for the contestants.

“Nice, Smarties!” Vera said, “Come on in.” She showed Sherri into the living room and gave her a spot in the center of the couch near to where Carla and Marie had been sitting.

“Here, have some Smarties,” Said Sherri, offering the bag to the girls, they each took one of the candies, which were as large as the bigger sweet-tarts. They still tasted the same, however, and one candy was the equivalent of eight to them.

“This is good!” Marie said. “They should double their size in reality!”

“Yeah, that would be something.” Sherri said. Vera was being conservative, only taking a couple where she knew she could devour the whole thing in an instant.

Carla liked the presence of Sherri in the room. Apart from another girl her size, Carla was also put at ease by the acceptance Sherri had of her size, and the fact that Sherri had been to much smaller sizes as well helped a great deal.

“You were a little scared at the compound yesterday.” Sherri said to Carla. “How do you feel now?”

“A lot better.” Carla said. “It was frightening at first but now it’s not so bad. It’s kind of exciting, actually.”

“Yeah,” Sherri said. “I was scared out of my wits the first time I shrank. It took me a while but I got used to it. Marie, I’m really impressed with you! Most people don’t get into it so quickly!”

“Yeah, I just found it really fun!” Marie said. “I guess I’ve just always been around bigger people, and this just makes it even more exaggerated.”

“I know what you mean.” Sherri said, then turned to Vera. “How about you, are you ready to shrink?”

“Oh, um, I’m not sure.” Said the larger woman, blushing down at the three little ones smiling up at her, as if asking her to join them. “I’m still pretty worried.”

“You’ll get past it.” Sherri said. “You’ll have to. Everyone shrinks in this competition sooner or later. Betty assured me of that!”

At that moment Andy joined the group. The dishes had all been washed and dried and he was attracted by the sight of the four girls talking. “So how’s it going?” Andy said. “I heard we’re all going to shrink!”

“Yes, sooner or later, probably sooner,” Said Sherri with a smile. “Are you ready to shrink?”

“I’m trying to be,” Said Andy, attempting to put on a front. “It’s a strange idea, though.”

“It is.” Sherri said. “But just between us, I can’t wait to see Paul shrunk.”

“I’d love to see what a stopper that’d put in his ego!” Said Carla.

“Why?” Marie said. “Paul’s a good guy.”

“Yeah,” Vera said. “He’s a lot nicer than the other guys, barring you, of course, Andy.”

“I’m just tired of seeing him strut around.” Carla said. Vera didn’t say anything but looked a little miffed. Andy sensed the tension and jumped in.

“Paul’s not a bad guy, but maybe a shakeup would do us well.” He offered. “I mean, let the ladies run something for once! That won’t be a bad idea.”

“Don’t we run things all the time?” Joked Sherri. “Yeah, I know what you mean.”

“Well, as long as I’m big, that’s what matters.” Vera said, standing up. “I’m going to go find Paul.” And with that she walked off.

“I don’t think she’s too happy with you.” Marie said.

“Yeah,” Carla said. “I don’t care, though.”

“It’s my fault, though. I brought up Paul.” Sherri said.

“Don’t worry about it.” Carla said. “I’m not worried about Vera.”

Meanwhile, Dale was trying to go anywhere where Hailey wasn’t. He was sure the big girl would want to do more cuddling and cooing, telling him how cute he was. He couldn’t take that emasculation, and he would rather talk to anyone else at this moment.

He turned a corner and found himself face to face with Paul. Paul was standing there, having just come out of the bathroom, and his gaze dropped very slowly to Dale, his head staying still.

“So, Dale,” Paul said. “How was your little experience last night?”

“It was…pleasurable.” Dale said. Trying to look Paul in the eye despite his inferior size. He wasn’t going to let Dale talk down to him.

“I didn’t think you were the kind of man that would let a woman take charge like that.” Paul sneered.

“Just because she was bigger doesn’t mean I wasn’t in charge.” Dale said, flatly lying.

“I see.” Said Paul. “Well, I’m glad to see you’re powerful enough to keep a half-ton woman satisfied. We’d all like to be you.”

“You may be after three.” Dale said.

“We’ll just see.” Paul said. At that moment, there were footsteps behind Dale and Paul’s facial expression entirely changed. Dale knew this could be for just one person.

“Hey, honey,” Said Vera, coming up to Paul and holding onto his arm. “What are you up to?”

“I was just having a chat with Dale here.” Paul indicated the three-foot man on his left. “But we just finished. Would you like to go outside?”

“Sure,” Said Vera. “I thought you’d ask me for a little one-on-one at the basketball net!”

“Sounds good.” Said Paul, leading Vera away, arm in arm. “Later, Dale.”

“Later, jackass.” Muttered Dale under his breath. He started walking down the hallway away from the living room when he ran into Jerry coming out of his room.

“Hey, what’s up?” Asked Jerry. Dale just grunted, unhappy about his situation. “What’s wrong,” Jerry asked. “Paul?”

“Paul’s no big deal.” Dale lied.

“Let’s not kid ourselves.” Jerry said. “That man needs to be taken down to size. Most of us here feel it.”

“Except Vera,” Dale said. “To her, he’s the most sensitive guy in the place.”

“He really is two-faced.” Jerry said. “I think as soon as their different sizes Paul will bolt. No offence to you, but who really does want to have a gigantic girlfriend.”

“Agreed.” Dale said. While he still wasn’t that fond of Jerry, it seemed that he would be a worthwhile ally in the struggle against Paul.

“By the way.” Jerry said. “Hailey is in the south bathroom fixing herself up. I heard her talking earlier; she wants to play catch with you.”

“Uh, thanks.” Said Dale. He didn’t want to imagine Hailey, towering in the sun, throwing gentle underhand tosses and cooing as if he was a child. Dale walked off to one of the unoccupied bedrooms, thinking he could pass time by reading one of the paperbacks that was still small enough to hold.

Jerry turned and walked back towards the family room. Maybe an alliance with Dale was a plausible solution. There were so many possibilities; he had to hone in on the best one and pursue it.

Abruptly the bathroom door opened and Hailey walked out, still fiddling with her hair. Her right leg hit Jerry, causing him to fall over and land on his butt.

“Oop! I’m sorry,” Said Hailey. “I didn’t see you.”

“That’s okay.” Jerry said, getting himself up. “I’m fine.”

“Have you seen Dale around?” Hailey asked.

“Not recently,” Jerry said, thinking he would do the decent thing by saving Dale some embarrassment.

“I wanted to play catch with him.” Hailey said. “Hey, do you want to play catch instead?”

“No thanks, maybe later.” Jerry said. “I was going to go into the living room.”

“Oh,” Said Hailey, a little disappointed. “Well, I’ll be outside if you change your mind.”

Jerry was satisfied when Hailey turned and walked off. She walked out the door and into the yard. Maybe she would run into Paul and Vera out there. Jerry, on the other hand, walked back into the living room. By this point Marie had left the group to play outside, and Andy, Carla, and Sherri were sitting and talking.

“I think it’s just the muscles, really.” Carla said. “There’s not much to him otherwise, other than a very pompous military attitude.”

“Can I join you?” Jerry said, walking up to them.

“Sure,” Said Sherri, patting a piece of couch next to her. “Hop up!” Jerry hoisted himself up on the couch and pulled himself to the back. It was still a weird feeling to be sitting on a surface where his feet wouldn’t even reach the end, let alone reach down to the floor.

“We were just talking about Paul.” Carla said.

“Yeah, I don’t think much of him either.” Said Jerry.

“Well, since I’m an assistant host here, I’m not supposed to have opinions.” Sherri said, “But I was a contestant before I was a host, and I can tell you when I was a contestant I wouldn’t have trusted him one bit.”

“Is it different, being a host?” Andy said.

“Oh, very,” Sherri said, smiling. “It’s a completely different world. When I was a contestant I was stuck here at the whim of Betty and her games. Now I can come and go as I please, and I can come here at any size I want. I’m doing half-size because I like it and it makes you feel comfortable. Also, Betty lets me help her with decisions.”

“What’s she like, Betty.” Andy said. “She was very mysterious in the first season, and we really don’t know any more about her now.”

“Betty is…” Sherri’s face broke out into a knowing smile. “She’s something else, I can tell you that. There’s a lot that you don’t know about her.”

“What does she do with you back there?” Andy asked.

“I’m not going to answer that!” Sherri said.

“Maybe its better we don’t know.” Said Carla. “That way we can adjust one step at a time.”

“Yeah,” Said Jerry. “That’s the way I’d prefer it too.”

“But for now, I just want to focus on knocking down Paul. You’d support that, right, Andy?”

“Sure,” Andy said. He didn’t really have any problems with Paul, but he wanted to help Carla restore her size if he could and wanted to make an alliance with her, but he thought it was too soon to say something like that up front. The competition was still young.

“Well, all I can say is good luck.” Sherri said. “I’m going to go outside and check on the others. I’ll be watching at the competition! I can promise you that it’ll be an exiting game.”

Sherri slipped off the couch and made her way to the outside door. Behind her she could hear Andy, Carla, and Jerry talking, the subject passing back to Paul. Reaching the doorknob right above her head, Sherri opened the door and made her way out to the yard.

It was a stunningly bright day and the sun beat down on the yard with a ferocity that challenged even the toughest of eyes to adjust to. Out here some of the contestants were enjoying the fresh air in the early afternoon.

Paul and Vera had played basketball for a while, but the sheer heat caused them to stop, their bodies drenched with sweat as if they had just climbed out of a swimming pool. Right now, they were sitting on a bench and toweling themselves off.

Hailey had run into Marie, who was watching insects crawl and fly in the yard. From her smaller vantage point she could see many more details than she ever would have been able to catch normal-sized. Hailey asked Marie if she wanted to play catch, and Marie agreed.

Hailey was very gentle with the ball, throwing it as if to a child. The ball was still a full-sized baseball, which to Marie was the size of a basketball but much, much heavier. With every time she caught it Marie exclaimed with the ball’s impact, and every time she threw it she used both hands and screamed loudly in the effort. Hailey would always catch it effortlessly.

Sherri came up to them and asked if they could join. They now formed a triangle, with Hailey tossing to Marie and Marie tossing it onto Sherri. Sherri tried the underhand approach to throwing, which turned out to be a lot better with the large ball. Hailey was having enough fun with the tiny ladies that she no longer regretted little Dale was not outside with them.

On the other side of the building, Paul and Vera were up and walking around it. Their bodies already pumped from their basketball game they felt even hotter than the outside temperature, and their bodies continued to produce sweat.

“Damn it’s hot!” Said Vera as she walked along a flower bed.

“Do you want to go inside and get a drink?” Paul suggested.

“Not quite yet,” Vera said. “I kind of like it out here.” They walked around the back of the house and Vera noticed something down by the foundation: a water spout! It was about six inches off the ground and faced down, and was obviously meant to connect to some kind of hose.

“Here we go.” Said Vera, kneeling down and turning on the water. The water flowed nice and cool onto her hands and she splashed it on her face.

Paul kneeled down besides her. “Did you know this is the same fountain that Sherri, Cameroon, and Sandra washed off in at the end of the last season?”

“Really?” Vera asked, not remembering that part.

“Yeah,” Paul said, looking at the fountain. “They had to stand on each other’s shoulders to get to it. Sandra stood on a mount of dirt.” Paul moved his hand under the running faucet as if picking up a tiny bather, and then handed the invisible person to Vera, who accepted with an open palm.

“Wow,” Vera said. “It’s amazing people that small were right here.”

“Yeah, it’s pretty cool.” Paul said. “Hey wait, there’s a hose!” Paul spotted a garden hose lying amongst the bushes. It was of the smaller variety, but it would do. He grabbed the head end and screwed it around the fountain. Before long water was gushing out the tail end of the hose.

“Think fast!” Said Paul, aiming the hose at Vera and spraying her across the chest. Vera let out a quick scream of surprise, then lunged at Paul. Knocking him to the ground she turned the hose on him, soaking him across the chest and face. Sputtering, Paul pushed Vera onto the ground and she lost her grip on the hose, which began saturating the water under them.

“Oh, crap,” Said Paul, as they sat up to realize the backs of their shirts were covered in the muddy sandy soil. Paul ripped off his shirt revealing his muscular chest and held the hose up to it to wash the dirt off.

“Now maybe I can wash it right off you.” Said Paul.

“Don’t be silly,” Said Vera, and with that she whipped off her white tank top and handed it to Paul. Vera was wearing nothing but a bra under it, and her soft white breasts were accented in the summer sun. Paul looked away out of modestly as he cleaned off the shirts, but Vera walked over to stand in front of him.

“You don’t mind?” Paul asked Vera, her sparkling skin filling his vision.

“I trust you, Paul.” Vera said. Of course she was very strong but she was no match for Paul if anything happened. Paul didn’t say anything, but just kept washing the shirts. It didn’t take long, and Paul turned off the hose and rang them out.

“I’m just going to drape these over this branch to dry,” Said Paul, stepping over to a nearby tree. “It should only take a few minutes.” He walked back to Vera, who kept inching closer and closer to him. Finally, Paul put his hands around Vera’s waste and leaned in to kiss her. Vera reached up and put her arms around Paul’s neck pulling him closer in, and their kiss soon became relentlessly strong.

The two of them kissed deeper and deeper, their aggressive personalities combining to form a powerful kiss that extended into every reach of each other’s mouth. Paul pulled Vera back towards the house where they stood in its shadow and continued to make out in its shade.

Soon they had stopped kissing, and sat down on the edge of the building, arms around each other. Their bare torsos (baring Vera’s thin straps) were burning with the sun’s heat and felt strong against each other. Paul stroked Vera’s flat, muscular stomach as Vera rubbed Paul’s powerful shoulders.

They sat like this for several minutes, cooling in the shade and talking quietly. Talk shifted to the other competitors and their prospects.

“Dale’s an annoying little guy.” Paul said. “He keeps trying to push me, even though he’s smaller.”

“Carla really gets me.” Vera said. “It’s not obvious, but she’s a bitch. I think she’s bitter about being shrunk. You know I voted for her.”

“I did too,” Admitted Paul. “I think it was one of us that shrunk her.”

“Good riddance, too.” Vera said. “I’m surprise you didn’t get shrunk, considering the number of people who don’t like you!”

“Dale and Carla for sure.” Paul said. “Maybe some of the others. But I beat it, so that’s all that matters now.”

“You know Marie really likes you.” Vera said.

“Yeah,” Said Paul, flexing an arm muscle. “She’s impressed with me. She’s a cute one.”

“Yeah, I like her.” Vera said. “But Hailey; I’m not sure why but she really grates on me.”

“She’s nothing.” Paul said. “An empty head. But I kind of like how she’s treating Dale.”

“What, like a child?” Vera asked.

“Yeah, but more like a big sex toy.” Paul said. “It’s just what Dale needs.”

“That’s pretty mean,” Vera said, accusingly.

“Yeah, but wouldn’t you want the same thing for Carla?” He asked.

Vera thought, trying to picture Carla with a larger man. “Really doesn’t do anything for me.” Vera said.

“I guess it’s a guy thing.” Paul said.

“What, you’re embarrassed by larger women?” Vera asked.

In truth, there were few women he met that were ‘larger’ than him, due to his considerable muscular strength. “It’s just kind of funny, I guess.”

The conversation trailed off a little after that. Vera was enjoying sitting with Paul. He was a strong and caring man, but he had his dark side. She detected that even before he said his little bit about Dale. Still, he was basically a nice guy, and it was good to be with him.

Paul really enjoyed having Vera as well. He had been careful to take it slow with the girl and not rush into things like Dale and Hailey had. Of course, Vera was much more of a sophisticated person than Hailey, which made the end result much more satisfying. If they were the same size after today’s game, he would definitely consider asking her to bed.

They caught something moving out of the right side of their vision, and they turned to see little Sherri coming around the house towards them.

“Oh, I’m sorry, should I come back in a few minutes?” Sherri said, looking away upon realizing their shirtlessness.

“No, that’s okay,” Vera said. “What’s up?”

“I just wanted to give you a half-hour warning.” She said. “If you wanted to do anything to get ready for the competition.”

“Any word on what it is?” Paul asked.

“I can tell you it’s outside, but that’s all.” Said Sherri with a hint of a smile.

“Okay, thanks,” He said. Sherri gave a little wave and dashed off back to the front of the house.

“Well, time to get shirted up,” Said Paul, standing up and helping Vera to her feet. Indeed, the hot dry air and the constant sun had dried their clothes in the matter of just a few minutes. They pulled the very warm clothes over their bodies and headed out towards the front area.

Up in front, Hailey and Marie had long finished their game of catch and were now sitting in the shadow of a tree. They talked a little bit, but not as animatedly or fluidly as some of the others. Hailey saw Marie as way too bubbly, but they shared a number of interests as they found out, including swimming and a certain childhood TV show.

Sherri had told them about Betty’s impending arrival, and they had gotten up and walked to the house the same time Paul and Vera were coming up from the back. Marie stood among three pairs of legs as they waited for Sherri to open the door from them—though she was short and a step down she insisted—and they followed her inside.

Carla and Andy had been sitting in the living room watching TV. The little Carla sitting beside him, Andy could feel his infatuation. He wanted to see Carla as a giantess, but now that she was small he only wanted to protect her and support her. Carla saw this as a very kind gesture and started feeling warmly to the man.

Jerry had gone off to read by himself, much like Dale. But when they heard the activity in the entrance area they decided it was time to put down their overlarge books and join in. Obviously Betty was coming soon, and they were all getting ready for it.

Hailey and Marie came over to join Andy and Carla, while Paul rummaged in the refrigerator for something to drink. Dale and Jerry ran into Sherri, who was just about to go back to look for them.

“You ready for the competition?” Sherri asked them.

“I don’t think I could get readier, so this’ll have to do,” Jerry said.

“Yeah,” Dale said. “I’m ready.”

“Cool.” Sherri said. “How about you come into the kitchen to get something to drink?”

Before long the kitchen was a maze of full-sized and half-sized people drinking juice and chatting among themselves. Sherri liked it—this was as good of a crew as she and Betty had ever hoped for. Sherri had even handpicked both Marie and Jerry herself as she and Betty were looking over the applicants. Maybe it was because Marie reminded Sherri of herself, but Sherri felt strongly about including the girl. Betty had her reservations about Jerry, but Sherri felt he would do just fine in the house atmosphere.

Their talking was stopped instantly by a sharp rap on the door. Many eyes flashed to the wall clock which was showing a perfect right angle, the second hand just crossing over the minute hand. The time had come.

Hailey was the closest one to the door, and she opened it to let Betty in. Betty was wearing a belly-revealing top that cradled her breasts wonderfully, and a small pair of shorts. Despite the immense heat, she appeared as immaculate as ever.

“Good afternoon, everyone. I trust that you are all having a good day.” Betty said.

“Fabulous,” Said Paul, tipping some more juice down his throat.

“Well, competition time is near.” Betty said. “And I’m sure you’re adequately warmed up.”

“You can say that again,” Said Hailey, who was still sweating a bit.

“Well, we have an outdoor competition, and because of the heat, you will be pleased to know that it involves water!” Betty announced. What could that be, they thought? Most likely water balloons or the like, since they had not seen any signs of an outdoor pool on the premise.

“Well, follow me.” Betty said. The eight contestants followed her out the door, Sherri bringing up the rear, making sure there were no stragglers. Betty lead them to a gate in the fence which separated one part of the compound’s grounds from another. The area on the other side of the gate was a much larger area than the space around the house, and it had far more trees. It was just a tad bit cooler here as well.

They stopped under the shade of a few small trees, none of which were more than two stories high. They were thick with leaves, however, and created a great shade. At the base of one of the trees was a small box and a canister of water. The contestants gathered around Betty, the smallest once again pressing their way to the front.

“This competition should be relatively simple and relatively painless.” Betty said. “You will be divided up into two groups containing an equal number of full-sized and half-sized people. At the end of the game, the victorious team will leave the field with their size in tact. The loosing team will face jeopardy to their current sizes. But I’ll explain that later.” The contestants wondered what that meant—how was “sizes in jeopardy” different than being shrunk?

“I have selected the two most athletic people at full size to be the team captains. Paul and Vera, will you stand on opposite sides over here?” Betty indicated. Paul and Vera looked at each other: whatever the outcome was, it appeared that they would be opposite sizes. Oh well, this way at least one would be left large.

“Now we will form the teams.” Betty said. “Vera, who do you pick as your full-sized sidekick?”

There was no question between the two. “Andy.” Vera said.

“That means Paul gets Hailey.” Betty said. “Please stand by your respective team captains.” Andy and Hailey walked over by Vera and Paul, respectively. Now it was just a matter of sorting out the small people.

Betty continued: “Now you will pick the half-sized people you wish to be on your team, starting with Paul. But there is one restriction: Your team must contain one half-sized male and one half-sized female. Paul, pick a male first.” 

Between Dale and Jerry that was easy. Dale may have been a better athelete, but that was probably a moot point considering his size. “Jerry,” Said Paul.

“That means Dale goes to Vera.” Betty said. “Now Vera, you pick a girl.”

“Marie,” Vera said. There was no way she would allow Carla to be on her team.

The half-sized people walked over to the teams they were selected for. It was finalized: Paul-Hailey-Jerry-Carla against Vera-Andy-Dale-Marie. Whichever team won it would certainly result in a very different experience for the inhabitants of the house than what they had now.

“The game is simple.” Betty said. “There are nineteen eggs hidden somewhere beyond these trees.” Betty indicated the trees nearest to her. “The first team to return ten eggs to me wins.”

“So we’re hunting Easter eggs?” Paul asked.

“Essentially, yes.” Said Betty. “You will work in pairs, one big person with one small person. You will start the game with same-sex pairings, and after the first team reaches five eggs you will switch to opposite-sex pairings. But the catch is that the smaller person must stay on the taller person’s shoulders at all times. The taller person will hold the eggs, but the smaller person will hold one of these.”

Betty drew four small water pistols out of the box sitting near her feet. “These are more powerful than they look.” Betty said. “They are compressed and they can get pretty good distances. The half-sized people will aim for pairs on the opposing team and if they hit them, they will be frozen on spot for five seconds. Sherri and I will both be watching so don’t try anything.”

“The catch is,” Betty said. “You can only squirt a pair when the full-sized person is holding an egg. If you squirt someone without an egg, your pair will have to come back to the starting point and wait a five-second penalty. If you run out of water, as you likely will after about a dozen squirts, you can refill at the canister here.” Betty indicated the canister next to her. “The refilling area is also a safe zone where you cannot be squirted.”

“That covers everything. Small ones; take your weapons.” Carla, Jerry, Marie, and Dale walked forward to pick up their water pistols. They were all identical in shape and color, so no one had an advantage over another. They armed themselves, getting acquainted with the feel and the balance of the water gun. It was considerably heavier for them than it would be for a full-sized person, but not so much so that they would be unable to use it.

“Okay. Form your pairs. Remember, same sex to start.” The large people walked forward to take their smaller partners. Paul lifted Jerry up onto his shoulders, Jerry nervously fitting himself into position, all the while worried about his balance. Hailey situated Carla on top of her shoulders, the irony not lost on either of them. On the other team, Vera had set Marie in position and Andy was once again trying to balance Dale. This time, Andy told himself, he wouldn’t be so timid about it.

“Paul’s team put your eggs on my left side, Vera’s team, on my right.” Said Betty, pointing to patches of grass next to her “Get ready.” The players got into running positions. Ahead at the other side of the grass they saw Sherri, full-sized, emerge from behind a tree.

“Get set,” Betty said. “Go!”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Which team will win? Find out next time!