- Text Size +

            Ellie Graves looked anxious as she waited around in her orange jumper, her short red hair a little longer than a buzz and her pale skin freckled lightly from many days spent outdoors. Anyone who happened to glance at her lean, muscled frame would have no doubt that the girl was an athlete, her long limbs only accentuating this impression. She had been a high school long distance runner before she’d been caught selling drugs for spending money. That had been three years ago. Since then, she had been caught twice and sentenced to two years in jail. She’d spent her eighteenth and nineteenth birthdays in prison, and tomorrow was the day she was due to be released. However, today she waited nervously in the cell on the corner of her cell block, the one the cameras couldn’t directly see.

            She didn’t have to wait long before the wide form of Brenda came strolling into the cell. Despite having a two-inch height advantage over the bulkier woman, Brenda intimidated Ellie. She was built like an ox, and despite Ellie’s own runner’s physique, it was painfully apparent who would win in a fight. The red headed teen eyed Brenda nervously as she took in the way the older woman blocked off the exit, not that running away would have done much good.

            In the six months Brenda had been in Balton Penitentiary, she had quickly taken control of the prison, subjugating all the other inmates. The older woman was due to spend the rest of her life in prison, and so she hadn’t thought twice about shattering one prisoner’s arm or violating another who had given her lip. Amongst all the felons here, she was the queen bitch, so when Brenda had demanded a private meeting, Ellie had jumped to the call. It was her last day after all, and she didn’t want any trouble. Brenda sized up Ellie, openly eyeing her from head to toe as she evaluated the younger woman. Silence dragged on uncomfortably.

            “I want you to smuggle something out of prison tomorrow. How much will it cost?” Despite having only asked for a meeting with the young punk an hour ago, Brenda wasn’t asking whether or not Ellie was willing. She was simply asking how much it would cost her. They both knew Ellie wouldn’t leave prison until tomorrow. That was a lot of time. Things might still happen if she got on someone’s bad side.

            “I’ve never smuggled anything before. What do you want me to smuggle.” Despite the red head’s unease, her voice and posture only showed casual deferment. It wasn’t smart to show weakness here.

            “It’s a small object, about the size of your middle finger, that’s neither sharp nor toxic. You will carry it within you from the time you leave this cell to the time you exit this prison, at which point you will drive it to the appointed destination in Charleston, a three hour drive. There, you will meet a Hispanic man who will pay you what you require. How much will it cost?”It was obvious from Brenda’s tone that Ellie wouldn’t know the identity of the object until she agreed. However, there were a few questions she had to ask.

            “Will it set off the drug dogs?”

            “No.”

            “Will it set off the metal detector?”

            “No.”

            “If I’m caught, what kind of crime would I be charged with?” At this, Brenda paused, chewing her lip. However, she eventually answered.

            “It’s a class B felony. However, the chances of you being caught are next to nothing, and if you were to be caught, you can always say that I forced you into it. Most of the security guards here will corroborate that I could’ve had you killed had you refused my request.” It was both a suggestion and a threat. If Ellie was caught, Brenda would take the fall. It’s not like she had much to lose anyways with her three consecutive life sentences. However, if Ellie refused to smuggle for her, she’d be dead before tomorrow.

            Ellie paused a moment, weighing the risk and the potential reward. Then, seeing that she had no alternative, she decided to make the best of a bad situation.

            “If I’m caught, I’m probably looking at a ten year minimum sentence. Depending on what I’m moving, it may be more. Thirty thousand seems fair, considering the risk.” Ellie knew she was being greedy, but a class B felony was no joke. Besides, if the numbers were too high, Brenda may back out. However, after a moment’s pause, the older woman simply nodded.

            “Done.” She held out her hand to shake. Seeing no way out, Ellie grasped the older woman’s hand. Brenda moved towards the back of the cell, next to the bunk beds. She waved for Ellie to follow.

            “Now, for your package.” Brenda unzipped her jumper and Ellie watched as she crammed her hand down its front. She followed the bulge of the older woman’s fist as it passed between her breasts, snaking its way down to her crotch. Brenda bent her knees and hunched over as she fished something out from within her, gently pulling her hand out of her jumper and producing a small vial. It was the size of Ellie’s pinkie, and coated in a mixture of sweat and feminine juices.

            “That’s my package?” Ellie’s expression was of mild disgust. However, Brenda shook her head.

            “No, that’s a shrinking potion. I’m your package.” Ellie’s expression became incredulous, but Brenda’s remained neutral. After a moment, Ellie realized Brenda wasn’t joking.