- Text Size +
When I woke up, I was practically microscopic. I sat up, dazed, and looked around. Tatiana and Reagan were sitting on the couch, watching TV. Apparently, they had forgotten about me. I, then, came up with a plan.

I ran for Reagan's shoe and jumped in (knowing I would begin to shrink again). Fifteen minutes later, Reagan's mom called telling her to come home.

Reagan pulled her socks and shoes back on, me being so small that she didn't even feel me but I became ingrained in one of her sock fibers. It was a long way home as I was smelling her foot funk, becoming more and more microscopic. I wondered to myself whether I would ever be normal size again. I had never shrunken this small before.

When she got home, she kicked off her shoes and I wedged my way out of her socks. I ran across the floor and what would have taken two steps took a solid half hour to sprint across.

As I got to her bedroom door, I had slowly begun growing back. Suddenly, the phone rang and Reagan picked up.

"Hello?" she said. "Tatiana? What's up? Ben? Oh, I forgot about him, no I haven't seen him."

She stood up and went over to her shoes. She looked around inside of them.

"No, he's not in my shoes." she said. "Yeah, I'll keep an eye out for him. Bye."

She hung up.

By that time, I was almost half an inch tall, so I ran over to her bed. I ran under and spotted a dirty white ankle sock under there. I had a plan, but I knew I would have to be patient. What I needed now was Reagan to invite some friends over to hang out.

Three days of staying under Reagan's bed, taking sniffs from her sock to stay small eventually paid off. Reagan had her friends, Sara Iley and Natasha Strickland over to hang out. Sara was short with dark brown hair and was extremely beautiful. Natasha was a bit chubbier, but was pretty too and was taller with long, brunette hair.

All I needed now was five minutes alone with them. I got my chance when Reagan's mom called her down to help set up for dinner.

I emerged from the bed, three inches tall and approached them. Natasha saw me and shrieked. Sara looked over and her eyes widened.

"Is that...Ben...?" she said, quietly.

"Yeah, it's me!" I shouted up to them. "Listen, I'll explain everything, but I need you two to get me out of here, now!"

Sara seemed to understand the urgency of this situation and went out to talk to Reagan.

"Natasha's feeling sick." she said. "I'm gonna drive her home."

"Oh, ok..." Reagan said, sounding disappointed.

Sara went back to Reagan's room. Natasha grabbed me and put me in her pocket. The two of them left Reagan's house, sneaking me out with them, much to my utter joy and sheer satisfaction. Finally, I was free.