- Text Size +

Since her childhood, Elizabeth Toews had always been a calm, reserved personality. She attended a small university out in Iowa less than an hour away from her hometown of Carol. Despite being quite reserved and somewhat shy, Beth loved playing basketball. At her school, she was the all-star center and even won MVP awards during her Junior and Senior years. After graduation, she took a job out near Oregon, working directly with farmers. About three years later, she came back to the Midwest and got a job at the company, working in the Financial branch of IT.

 

Ever since she was little, Beth had found herself often looking down on people due to her size. While she was embarrassed by it during her high school years, by the time she graduated college, she had fully accepted herself for who she was. In regards to her love life, she, like most tall women, had not much luck finding men who were, at least, at her same height (and the ones she had often turned out to be womanizers.) Prior to the “fateful encounter”, it had been some time since Beth had truly felt appreciated by a man.

 

(But enough with the backstory…)

 

Darkness of the carpet forest engulfed him, the sonorous sound of his pulse and  scent of his fear controlled his entire psyche. The question of how, in a miniscule pinch of a moment, he dwindled down from his once proud six-feet-tall stature--- all the way down to a nearly-invisible fraction of a millimeter, fled his thoughts as the towering colossus slowly peered from the corner miles away. The man feebly stood in the middle of the carpet forest with pure shock. Pure shock of his first encounter.

 

He knew that, at this size, he was surely going to run into one of his coworkers; working in the HQ of a major corporation, this fact was a given. However, he chuckled at the cruel sense of humor owned by Fate. Of course, after being shrunken down to the size of a flea, he would run into HER.

 

Darkness not only crept, but conquered what felt like miles to Steve as Beth’s big flat hovered over him. Beth had sipped her last drop of water, and felt that, since she was planning to stay for another hour or so, she might as well take a short break. Of course it was mere coincidence that the moment she decided to stroll to the water fountain, Steve had shrunk down to roughly .5 millimeter in height. As her flat fell a short distance from his location, Steve felt a violent vibration that forced him down. Her flat became his entire field of vision. As he looked up, he saw the towering black pillars that were her slacks. He could not even see her face from where he was standing.

 

As Beth walked away to fetch her water, Steve stood flabbergasted and terrified. “In one step, she wouldn’t just crush me; she would obliterate me. She wouldn’t even notice if she stomped on me,” he thought to himself. His mind was frantic and getting out of control.

 

“My mind says to get to a safe place…but my heart (and dick) says to try and get her attention.”

 

Steve stood for a moment in deep thought. He knew that the probability of an average sized person, let alone a 6'3 giant like Beth, finding him at this size was extremely slim. He then thought, “Maybe if I text the number again, they might turn me back.” This thought quickly gave him aan excuse as well as convinced him that this was his chance to get intimate with the woman of his infatuation. Thus Steve, allowing his emotions to take full control of his thoughts and body, began dashing towards to the lair of the beast: Beth’s cubicle.