- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I might be a little rusty on writing at the moment, so Constructive Criticism is very much appreciated.
"Todd?" Her words knock me out my hypnotic daze.

"What?" I ask, still half paying attention to her beautiful face.

I'm mesmerized by her beautiful ocean blue eyes, and her perfect white teeth. She smiles at me, as she caught me staring at her. Her dimples flare up, and I blush a bright red color. She giggles and I feel ashamed. I've never been good at being secretive. I always get caught. Cheating, staring, stealing, lying, anything. At my age, 16 and half, that's something I need to be good at.

"I need to ask you something. Really important. Come out to the patio with me." She says in a seductive tone.

"But, the tardy bell is about to ring. I really need it get to Aime's class, I can't be tardy again, or else he'll-" She shushes me with a finger to my lips.

I can smell her finger. It smells like... Coconut Lotion. I love coconut. She removes her finger from my mouth and she twists her body with grace, and heads for the patio doors. I close my locker and make sure it's locked. I strap my backpack onto my shoulder and start walking to the doors that she's already outside of. No teachers are around, so I don't feel as nervous as I would have if they were. She sits on one of the benches and pats the spot next to her, signalling me to sit next to her. I take my backpack off and set it on the floor as I slide next her. The trees wave in the wind, and the Wind Chimes, courtesy of Art Class, dangle from them. The sun is covered by a cloud halfway, giving a slightly dark scene.

"What'd you need Marie?" I curiously ask.

Since this moment, Marie has never really talked to me. An occasional "Hi", and "What's up?" in the hallways, but never something like this. I have her for almost all of my classes, and in each one, she's never really talked to me. I've watched her from afar, admiring her beauty. Her amazing laugh, her perfect body. She's the perfect girl. But, she'd never go for someone like me. She's in a whole new league. The cheerleaders are jealous of her. Why would a 10 like her be talking to a Zero like me?

"I know Todd." She says, look down at the floor.

"Know what?" I say somewhat in question and somewhat in nervousness.

The bell rings, making me jump as I'm sitting right under one. It's red little arm clatters against the worn red painted bowl. My ears whine for a few seconds after the bell stops.

"Your secret. I know you like me. And your other secret. The one you thought no one knew." She says with a mischievous smile on her cute face.

I sweat and shift uncomfortably. Which secret? I have a few. Why am I even worrying about that?! She knows I like her! It'll be so awkward in class now! Why'd she have to bring this up?!

"I...I..." I'm at a loss for words.

"Don't worry." She says, and after a pause, she adds "I like you too."

"Really?" I cough and realize just how desperate I sounded. "I mean, that's cool."

She laughs at my act of trying to play it off as a cool guy. Her laugh is music to ears, but not as good as when she said the words, "I like you too." Not to sound to girly or poetic, but it made my heart flutter. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I couldn't hold it in. But I did. I was so happy, words can't comprehend how happy I was. A few seconds ago. Did she mean it as "I like you too, but as a friend."? My heart sunk just as quickly as it rose.

"How do you know I like you?" I sputter out.

"Well, in a way, it was kind of obvious. I'd catch you staring at me from time to time. I thought it was so cute! Especially since I liked you too. You're a really nice guy and all, but I need to tell you something." She says.

Here it comes. The rejection. The hardest part of anything, depending on your point of view. I brace myself for the impact of the "we can still be friends." thing. But it never comes. Instead, I hear something else, something worse.

"I know about your fantasies." She whispers.

My heart stops. I can't breathe. How in the hell did she find out?! No one knows about that! My mind races with all the possibilities this could end in. My whole school knowing my fantasies? That I dream of being shrunken with a girl?

"How... P-please don't... I..." Now, I'm really at a loss for words.

"Don't worry, you're secret is safe with me." She says with a promising look in her eyes.

"How'd you find out?" I ask immediately.

"Well, you were walking and when you you tripped, I guess, a notebook fell out of your bag."

That's where my notebook went! I've been panicking about it for days!

"I'm really flattered that you used me as your muse for your writings." She says, in another seductive tone, smiling at me.

My cheeks turn beet red.

"Which brings me to the important question at hand." She pauses for effect. It works. "Would you like to live out those fantasies?"

"I... I... Yes!" I shout out. "But how?" I add.

"I have fantasies like you too. The same as you. But I want to be the giant girl. And I can make it possible. Would you like that?" She says.

"I'd love it!" I exclaim!

"Come to my house tonight. 10:00 PM sharp. I'll explain everything." Before I can react, she stands up, and walks away.

So many things are going through my head right now. But now, I can only wait until tonight. My mind is still trying to process this. This is like a fairy tale. Or fiction at least. Why am I believing all this? How could she make it possible? Is she a witch? Does she have a mad scientist dad with a shrink ray? Maybe this is all just bull and she's taunting me for who I am. I wasn't born like this. No one is.
Chapter End Notes:
Constructive Criticism is very much appreciated!