- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long for this chapter. I don't have much time to write.
Rageus realized that he had nothing to fear from this girl, and felt foolish for his fear in front of her.

"Rageus," he mumbled. "My name is Rageus."

Kate smiled down at him, her green eyes filled with joy.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Rageus," she said. "So how was it that a human came to be in these lands?"

Rageus paused to think of a plausible lie. He could not reveal his mission. Looking down at his bandages, he realized there was an easy excuse.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "The last thing I remember before waking up is sitting in my home. How did this happen to me," he asked, gesturing at his injury.

Kate's smile fell as he asked this. "That would be my fault. My mother threw my necklace during a fight we were having, and it hit you. I'm so sorry for any pain you feel."

Rageus looked into her eyes and saw that she was entirely sincere. It touched him how caring this girl was, but he saw something else behind those eyes. A clever, knowing stare that told him she knew he was lying about his memory loss, but she was letting it be for now. He also would let it be, until it was hopefully forgotten.

"It's not your fault," Rageus said. "You didn't throw it, and you had no way of knowing I was there."

Kate looked relieved that he was not upset, and her smile quickly returned. "You must be hungry," she said. "I'll bring some food and then you can rest more."

With that, she stood up and began walking out of the room. Rageus took this time to admire the way her hips swayed, as well as the perfect curve and tone of her butt. She was really the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

She brought him some bread and meat, which he quickly devoured. It was decent food, and he had been hungrier than he thought. Kate then left to let him rest, giving him time to think on his present situation.

He realized that he was too injured to leave, and even with his quickened healing due to the potion, he would not be ready to leave for another few days. He also realized that he was in no danger with Kate. Never had he so quickly taken a liking to a person as he did to Kate, her personality and beauty made her instantly trustworthy.

Rageus decided that he would stay with her until he was healed, then leave to complete the mission. He would discreetly ask about the location of his gear and their location relative to the human city, then slip out unnoticed once he was recovered. With this in mind, Rageus passed into a deep sleep. The warning of The Order Keepers slowly fading from his thoughts.


Rageus awoke the next morning after a deep, peaceful sleep. He sat up, and already felt his injury recovering. There was little pain when he moved, and he was breathing a lot more easily.

He heard what sounded like clanging pots coming from outside his room, so he decided to leap to discover the source. He braced his legs, then launched himself from the table. The second he landed, he regretted his decision. He felt a crushing pain on his side as the force of the impact shocked his wound. He fell to the ground, shouting out in pain.

The clanging of the plates stopped, and Rageus could hear footsteps approaching the door. Kate burst in, a concerned look on her face, and quickly saw Rageus on the ground. She rushed over and gently scooped him up, her warm, pillowy hands making Rageus feel safe.

"Oh Rageus," she said with a concerned voice. "Are you alright?"

Rageus took a moment to slow his breathing, the feeling of being held by a giant causing an unnatural fear that he quickly repressed.

"I'm alright," he said. "Just fell off the table."

Kate looked shocked. How could he have survived such a long drop, especially in his injured state? She decided to examine his wound again to see how badly the fall had worsened it.

"Well it's good that your okay," Kate said, putting on a fake smile to hide her concern. "Do you mind if I swap your bandages now that you're awake. Those ones are looking rather dirty."

"Sure," Rageus said. He was distracted by the fact that she could hear him over the sound of the plates from another room. These giants had very sensitive hearing. He would need to report this to the general so they could better plan ambushes.

Kate slowly began unwrapping the bandages from Rageus while he appeared to be lost in thought, and gasped at what she saw. His wound was mostly healed! An injury that bad would have taken months to heal on a giant, and incapacitated them for Atleast a few weeks, yet Rageus was almost fully recovered. Kaye began to wonder who this human was.

Rageus didn't notice her gasp, so she quickly rewrapped him in new bandages. "Alright," she said. "Are you hungry?"

Rageus nodded, feeling like he hadn't eaten in weeks. She then carries him to the kitchen, her hand staying in close proximity to her chest. Rageus couldn't help but feel excitement at his proximity to her ample breasts, and he admired them as they swayed with her steps. Kate didn't notice, she was too lost in her thoughts of Rageus's superhuman capabilities.

She placed him on her kitchen table, then went to grab the breakfast she had been preparing. Rageus looked around at the room he was in. There was a large window on the far wall, with a lovely view of the surrounding woods and the morning sky. To the right was a fire place with metal plates above for cooking. To the left was a cupboard for cutlery as well as a kettle.

Kate came back with a plate of eggs and some bread. She separated small portions for Rageus and put them on the side of her plate. They both enjoyed their breakfast in silence, then Kate went off to a wash basin Rageus hadn't noticed before to clean the plates.

When she came back to the table, Kate sat down and stared expectantly at Rageus. "So," she asked. "I'm very curious. What is life like in a human city?"

Rageus was caught off guard by the suddenness of the question. He thought for a minute about how to go about answering the question, then decided to tell her how life really was. Kate had been so nice to him, he saw no reason to lie to her more than he had to.

"The walls are a prison," Rageus said sadly. "Humans are forced into a small territory, with limited resources. This leads to many different kingdoms forming with constant fighting amongst themselves. War is common, and everyone has lost Atleast one person they cared about. I was orphaned at a young age due to another kingdoms raid, and I was raised to be a soldier."

"I trained to be a Peace Keeper. A soldier that doesn't fight for any kingdoms, but rather defends the innocent during the many wars. I am a captain of my soldiers, and we have grown up together, like family. I don't know how I got out of the walls, but I wish to return."

Kate had been silent during his entire story. She had never thought that life in the walls was bad. They were always taught that the walls were built to create a paradise for the humans, that they protected them, not trapped them. This was troubling news.

She knew Rageus was lying during his last part of the story, about how he doesn't know how he got out the walls. This meant he was hiding something, and she couldn't return him to his home without finding out what it is first. The risk would be too great.

"That is a sad tale," Kate said sincerely. "Do you wish to know about life outside the walls?" Rageus nodded. "Well, we giants are united under one Emperor, Fillan Turock. He is a harsh ruler, but he rules well. His army is vast and keeps his reign throughout the lands. My father is a captain as well, in the army in charge of this region. The citizens of the empire are taxed fairly by the Emperor, and there has been no war under his rule in 20 years. I'm a tailor, and I work in this small village. Life is simple and easy."

Rageus nodded, taking in her information about the emperor and his army. It sounded to him if they could assassinate this man, the empire would be thrown into chaos, and the army into disarray. Useful information.

"Oh my," Kate said. "That reminds me, I must be off to work. Are you okay staying here by yourself?"

"Ya," Rageus said. "I need to rest anyways. Thank you for a lovely breakfast."

Kate smiled, then gently placed her palm in front of him, offering him a ride. She realized that he might not like being grabbed and picked up without permission. Rageus recognized her consideration for his own comfort, and smiled appreciatively at her. He found himself liking this woman more and more. Kate looked at his smiling face, and noticed for the first time his attractiveness, his white hair framing his handsome face. But he was a human. She could never be attracted to someone so small.

She took Rageus over to his bed, then waved goodbye as she left the house, making sure to lock the door. She didn't know how other giants would react to a human, so she decided to play it safe.

Rageus sat down and started to meditate. He began to clear his mind and think about his situation. Just as he was about to reach mental peace, he heard what sounded like a metal clink right in front of him. He opened his eyes, and saw a human standing right before him. He jumped up in shock.
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave feedback.