- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Dirk recently broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years because she began pressuring him into the big M.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Dirk has recently moved into a small town to get away from the memory and hold his ex girlrfriend had on him.

Dirk was taking his garbage out one crisp fall evening,the leaves were beginning to change color and the wind brought a crisp good fresh smelling scent into the air.Dirk had just recently moved out to Clyves Washington from Beavercreek Ohio.He had lived in his hometown for the first 21 years of his life,it was all he knew and everyone he knew was from there.There was some trepidation about moving 2100 miles away from everything he knew but he thought it better than to face the hurtful memories he had gathered.

 

  The most notable of these was his ex girlfriend who he had been going steady with for the better part of 3  years.They were known around town as the perfect couple and everyone already pigeon holed them for a long and lengthy marriage.Dirk was not let in on the plans for him and was surprised one night to find her looking through marriage planning books.Dirk was not always the most in tune with female thoughts but he could gather that she wasn't looking through the book for a friend.He decided not to press the matter and start an arguement he knew he couldn't win.

 

For 2 months after this incident Dirk didn't see or hear any further inklings that his girlfriend Kayla was planning on marriage.Dirk was relieved and thought they were back on the same wavelength until the topic came up one night at dinner.

 

"So Dirk where do you see us in 5 years.?"

Dirk was chewing on a piece of pork when she asked him and almost choked on it when he tried to talk.

"Well,probably about where we are now.I've lived here my whole life and will probably never leave."

"No silly,I meant us as in a relationship status.I mean we've been together for almost 3 and a half years now and I was thinking about starting a family."Kayla said looking at Dirk intently waiting for his answer.

Dirk took a deep swallow of his meat and washed it down with a glass of milk.He searched for an answer to get him out of this yet not get in trouble.

"Kayla,im not really ready for that yet.Children are expensive and im only getting 38 hours at the shop now,and you're going to school."

Kayla knew he was trying to weasel his way out of an answer so she pressed further.

"Dirk,we already live together and do everything a married couple does,I think it's time to make it official."

Dirk knew the best route now was the direct truth"Babe im just not ready for that,you know I love you but I want it to be perfect when we do get married."

 

Kayla rolled her eyes and got a little agitated by his answer"Dirk,it's been 3 years,I feel we've moved beyond this exploratrory phase in our relationship.I would think you would feel the same,if you're not planning on proposing to me tell me know.Im not going to invest any further if thats the case."

 

Dirk took a deep breath and spoke the cold hard truth"Im not going to propose to you anytime soon.If you want the truth that's it,I do have feelings for you but im not sure if their lifelong feelings or not.Now would you please drop the subject so we can enjoy dinner."

Kayla got up and stormed up to their bedroom closing the door loudly.Dirk knew she was angry but didn't know how.He found his answers in subsequent weeks as she became moodier and moodier and nagged about everything he did.This was not the same fun free spirited girl he knew but some crazed uneven chick who was a bear to live with.

It finally became too much for him when she started yelling at him for no reason when they went to the mall and she started looking at wedding rings and Dirk told her he would meet her at the food court.She began yelling at him right there and called him a clueless jerk and several other names not fit to repeat.Dirk had had enough and on their way home he decided it was time for them to split.Needless to say she didn't take it very well.

She moved herself out of their aprtment that night and moved back in with her mother.Dirk was sorry that she took it so hard but at least he could resume his peaceful life.It wasn't but a week when she started calling him up non stop and telling him she needed to get back together with him and she would forgive him for his past indiscretions.He couldn't believe his ears this chick was crazy,and it didn't end there Dirk began seeing her car everywhere he went.She was stalking him now!

 

It was a monthe later that Dirk decided he needed to leave his hometown to keep his sanity.He was far too macho to take a restraining order out so he thought it would be easier to just leave.He informed his parents and friends of his decision and packed up his truck and headed for the west coast.

 

Dirk had been in Washington for a week or two and started going to school to get into buisness management.He got a job at a local bar as a server and he moved into a nice little apartment by the water.His life seemed like it was about to take off now.He even started dating a local girl who started coming into his bar,and someone he would give free drinks to.Dirk was actually happy and felt nothing could ruin his newfound joy.That was until that frosty October evening Dirk found out you can't outrun your past you can just get ahead of it for a while.

 

Dirk was sitting out on his front perch watching the football game when he heard what sounded like thunder.That was odd because the sky was clear and ther was no reason for there to be thunder.No reason whatsoever,he chalked it up to and explosion of sorts.That was until he heard the boom boom boom getting louder and closer.

"What the hell?"Dirk asked himself as he looked over the ridge to the East of the water and looked to see what was causing the noise.Another couple minutes and progressively louder booms Dirk couldn't believe what he saw next.It was the largest set of pink tennis shoes he had ever seen and attached to the sneakers were equally large skinny jeans and a yellow tank top.Filling out the tank top was the smooth milky arms of a young woman.The well trimmed body was attached to a woman's face! She had long blonde hair and a large freckle by one of the blue eyes that belonged to Kayla!

 

"But but but how?"Dirk stuttered.

 

Standing miles away was Dirk's ex girlfrien only now she had to be at least 150 feet.Dirk gulped at the sight of the towering beauty who towered over rthe city.He could think of only one reason why she was here,to get him!

Chapter End Notes:

Just a fun little story of a phscotic ex,im sure alot of guys can relate to this .Well except for the ex growing into a giant capable of squashing you with her pinkie.