- Text Size +

Boom...Boom...
Mr. Berg's cup of coffee spilled off the store counter.
"What in the name is that?" He said to himself, heading outside to check, but before he could reach the door Miss. Stevenson burst in.
"Mr. Berg!" She cried, out of breath. "It's Irina! She's huge, and she's attacking the White's farm!"
"What?" He replied. "Amber, don't be absurd."
"I swear! Come look!"
The two of them headed outside and saw that many people were just standing in the streets looking at Irina, who was no more than a quarter mile away.
Irina looked down. She was at her first victim's house, Mr. White. She took the few remaining steps across the pasture, crushing fences along the way. Mr. White, after hearing her loud booming steps, came out to investigate.
"Irina?" Cried White. "Wha...what happened to you?"
Irina smiled at him and replied by raising her foot. White saw this and quickly ran into his farmhouse, but Irina smashed her foot down on the house, crushing its front portion. She then repeated twice more, leveling the entire structure. After she was satisfied with destroying the house, she moved to the barn. White's truck was parked near it and she stopped to pick it up. Her fingers wrapped around the vehicle, causing the metal to bend and the windows to break. She held the truck in front of her face with her thumb and forefinger and looked at it like it was a dirty sock.
"It's so tiny and pathetic." She muttered to herself as she dropped the truck. Due to her huge height, the truck seemed to take a long time to hit the ground, but when it did it crumpled under the force of falling. As she walked past the barn she playfully kicked it, sending wood and rubble flying for a few hundred feet.
“everyone!” Yelled Mr. Berg, trying to get everyone’s attention. ”We need to hide! Get to your basements now!”
Just then a car pulled up and out hopped Jack Ziegler, He was a soldier who was currently on leave. “Mr.Berg! What is going on?”
“Irina! She’s gone mad!”
“What do we do?”
“We need to get into the cellar under my store. And I’ll try and call for help. Amber, you come with us, you live all the way across town and it’s not safe for you to run over there.”
The three of them ran into the general store as the tornado alarms started going off. Jack saw Mr.Berg say something, but he could not hear him due to the wailing of the alarms which were located across the road, by the town hall.
Jack put his hand by his ear to motion that he couldn’t hear Eddy. Mr. Burg pointed at Jack and Amber and then to cellar door. Jack got the message, grabbed Amber and headed down.

Irina was nearly to the town, she was walking down the only road out, ensuring that no one could escape. As she reached the first small houses she saw people running and a few cars trying to get out of the town, but as they realized she was blocking the only road out, they abandoned there cars and started running to the nearest houses. The giantess stepped down onto a running townsperson, instantly killing them. Then the alarms started going off. They were not tremendously loud to her, but annoying none the less. She started down the road, stepping on the abandoned cars and crushing two with one step. With another step she flattened another. Dirt and pavement were flying into the air as she walked down the road. Her ankles snapping the telephone wires that hung across the street. She was truly enjoying this task.
When she arrived at the town hall she found the alarms, and with one quick step they were silent. She looked around at the town, it was hers now, well…it was hers for now. She realized that the growth was permanent and eventually the Americans would have tanks and planes coming. Bullets couldn’t hurt her, but a bomb or tank shell could kill her. She needed to destroy the town before then.
All she could see were houses and abandoned cars, but no people. ‘If the tinys won’t come out, then I’ll come in.’ She thought. With this, she fell to her knees on top of the city hall, collapsing the brick building in a cloud of dust. As the dust cleared she saw several dead people in the rubble. She sat there, sitting on her feet for a few minutes, wondering how to destroy the rest of the city.