- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well first I'd like to say sorry for this taking so long, it took me ages to figure out what to do in this chapter. Second, this is the penultimate chapter of House Rules, I hope to wrap this whole thing up by September, so I can start on my next story.

 


 

"Whoa" was all Abbey could say after I recounted the day I had with Lucie yesterday.

"Yeah, whoa" I replied curtly, still reeling from the events. Abbey contorted her face, the guilt was evident in her face.

"Sorry James. This whole thing has just been a bit of a mess. I didn't think she'd find out... wait a minute, did she say anything about me when she found out?" Abbey had a worried look in her eye. I tried to think of yesterday, but the extremity of the events just made everything else a blur.

"I don't recall" I said, Abbey didn't seem overly satisfied with that response. She got up and started pacing.

"Oh jeez, If she tries to do anything I'm screwed. She's way more powerful than I am"

"Why would she do anything? She's your sister"

"Witches always have petty little rivalries. Lucie's never thought of me as a threat, so she's just sort of ignored me, but now she knows I am active, she might try something"

"Look calm down and look at this rationally. She's your sister. You've always had a good relationship. I think you're panicking over nothing" I tried to reassure her. It must have been some sight, a grown woman being counselled by a shoe.   

"Thanks James. You always do know what to say" She smiled and stood over me

"Whoa, what are you doing?" I asked

"Putting you on, I've got housework to do"

"What kind of housework?"

"Vacuuming, dusting, washing. you know housework"

"Can't I get a break?"

"James, I appreciate your help, but you're still my shoe until Tuesday night." I groaned as Abbey lowered her barefoot into my body, returning that disturbing feeling like I was now complete. Her feet tasted a little dirtier than usual, she must have been barefooted most of yesterday. She wiggled her toes inside of me as I hugged her foot close to my body. As Abbey went about her chores, the sweat was pouring into me.

"Ah, I've missed this" She said as she was vacuuming. I hated to admit it, but I had too. If I had to be a shoe, at least I was Abbeys.

It must have been a fair few hours we were at it because at the end of it all, Both Abbey and I were tired. Abbey lay down, relieving the pressure on me. She popped her heel to give me a little daylight, but the lingering smell was disturbing me. My problem from the start had been the smell of her feet. I know she'd turned me into her shoe to teach me a lesson, but so far the main lesson I'd learnt was that Abbey's feet stunk more close up.

The rest of the day passed without much incident, I didn't even mind so much that I was being worn barefooted, well not until she started to sweat. I began to think the end was in sight. I was over the hump and I had to admit, for as horrifying as being a foot was, it really did give me some perspective. It could certainly be worse than my situation right now. I couldn't wait to be human again though. I made a private vow never to complain about Abbey's foot smell again lest I return to this prison I was currently trapped in. At the end of the day, Abbey took me off and held me by my heel up to her face

"Well, just one more day, then you get your arms back!" She smiled

"Can't wait" I replied

"Still, I want your last full day to be memorable, so I have a little surprise for you tomorrow" That last thing worried me. I'd had just about enough of surprises. She laughed, placed me on the floor and left to go to bed. I began to wonder what the surprise could possibly be. Nothing good, that's for sure. Every now and then, Abbey had been keen to remind me that I'm still being punished.

I got my answer the next day as I woke to Abbey thundering down the stairs. She was wearing her usual get-up; a cream blouse, black jacket, black pencil skirt and black pantyhose.

"So what's this surprise then" I asked

"Well James, I've been thinking" She started. I didn't like that. Nothing good ever came of Abbey thinking. "And I know you don't like the smell of feet. So I thought I'd help you. After today, normal foot stink will be like roses to you"

"What do you mean?" I enquired, dreading the answer

"Y'see these tights here. I wore them on a run on Saturday. They've been festering in my stink for most of the weekend, and I haven't washed them. I've used a little spell, so they can only be smelt by you and for good measure I've amplified the stink a few levels"

I could only gulp as Abbey picked me up and slid me onto her foot. I could swear I could actually see the stink as I was placed around her sole. The smell could have knocked out a heavyweight champ. A foul mix of vinegar and cheese filled what for all intents and purposes was my nose, the taste was so full it felt like I could choke. This sensation filled my body totally as Abbey started to walk to her car.

Usually when I was worn, I had a sense of what was happening, but the overloading of my senses had started to disorientate me. After what felt like hours, I finally heard Abbey sound like she was teaching a class. 'At last' I thought, 'she usually gives me a good dangle when she's in class'. After a few minutes, I could see light again as she balanced me off her toes and gave me some fresh air to breath. It was only fleeting though as I was soon thrust back into my world of foot odor. The dangling made it worse as I was reminded of freshness then thrown back into the odious stink of Abbey's hosed foot.

It must have been a few hours when she took me off at lunch. Looking around I saw I was in a cafeteria. I saw Abbey's foot above me as she sat cross legged at the table, I saw she was joined by another woman who was wearing slacks and high heels and a man in suit trousers and smart dress shoes. Their conversation seemed to be about teaching, so I just phased out, enjoying being off Abbey's rank foot. Suddenly, a fork came crashing down next to me. This just further hammered home how small I'd become as the fork was almost as long as my body. A man's head came under the table, he had short curly brown hair and was wearing a pair of thick rimmed glasses. He looked directly at me, making me wonder if he knew something, then he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. He was sniffing Abbey's feet! Right under her nose, he was actually getting off on the smell of her feet. Then it occurred to me that Abbey made it so only I could smell her feet, so he must have been sniffing me. I felt disgusted, this guy was using me to get some sort of sexual thrill. My mind then shot back to the weekend  when Lucie changed that guy into a dildo. Once again the mantra of 'it could be worse' repeated itself through my mind. Before I could think any more about it, Abbey shoved her foot back into me, returning me to her pungent hose smell.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on forever, Abbey seemed to be making an effort not to dangle me and to grind her toes into me whenever possible. A cheery thought occurred to me, this is just the final hurdle. In less than twenty-four hours I'd be me again. But then what? Things couldn't exactly go back to peachy keen after this week. I've been a possession for all this time, I couldn't deny I looked at Abbey differently now. But I can't leave her, Lucie promised me she'd go after me if I did. But I can't stay with Abbey out of fear either, it's not fair on her. I resolved to think about these things later, as I just wanted to be human again before anything like this happened

I was relieved when I felt I was in a car again. The end of the day, finally. Strangely though when we went back in the house, Abbey kept me on. I felt her move to the sofa and sit down to watch TV. She kept me on until I heard a faint beeping when she removed me and held me up

"And that's twelve hours, how was that shoe-boy?" She grinned

"Awful. And I don't appreciate the new nickname" I grumbled, glad to be finally let off from her horrible feet.

"Well that's your lot James, You won't get worn again by me"

"So can you change me back now?"

"No, not yet. The punishment was for seven nights. Just one more night like this, then bam, back to your legs"

"I can't wait" I said, barely able to control my excitement

"Aw, you're cute when you're excited" She smiled "then again, you're cute when you're like this"

I didn't drift off that night. I just counted down the minutes until morning. I was finally going to be human again. It was strange, but what I really couldn't wait to do was embrace Abbey. It had been one hell of an ordeal she had put me through, but in the end, she'd treated me okay. Well I've been treated like a shoe, but it could have been far worse, as Saturday showed me. Even yesterday with the stench of the hose, she'd done it to make me feel better about her foot odor in future. I heard Abbey come down stairs, she came into the room and stood over me. She was dressed for work, with slacks on rather than a skirt.

"Well James, it's been fun. Part of me will miss having you as my little shoe" she said

"All of me won't miss it at all" I joked, she smiled. I always liked it when Abbey smiled, it was reassuring.

"Let's get this over with then" Abbey started chanting something, but something was wrong. I was beginning to glow. The glow intensified then suddenly flashed white.

It was as if a flash bang had gone off. As I returned to my senses I immediately realised I was still a shoe. I heard Abbey's voice, but it was far more distant.

"What's happened? James are you still there?" She asked, she sounded lost and confused. Before I could reply a familiar figure walked into the room. She bent down and picked up the other shoe. I suddenly knew where Abbey's voice was coming from. As Lucie stood above me holding the shoe that was now Abbey in her hand, she looked down at me and grinned an evil grin.

"Well James, I always said you and Abbey made a great pair"

 

Chapter End Notes:

Classic Doctor Who style cliffhanger there folks. I do have a more coherent idea of what the next chapter will contain, so I doubt there'll be a 3 month wait for the next (and final) chapter. There'll be a 6 month wait! Stay tuned