- Text Size +

I was startled back into consciousness by Abbey thundering down the stairs the next morning.

"I'm late, I'm late! Shit, where are my shoes" She mused to herself

"Over here" I said, immediately wishing I didn't as she walked over, towering over me.

"You are so useful. I should wear living clothes more often" She smiled. She picked up the other shoe, when I noticed something that made me sink.

"You're not wearing any pantyhose" I said weakly

"No, I'm wearing pants" She said, as if I was the mad one. "It'll be fine. Man up"

"How can I man up" I responded

"Good point" With that she picked me up and placed me onto her bare foot. If yesterday had been bad this was a million times worse. The smell and taste from yesterday intensified. Every bit of dirt and grime from between her toes flooded my senses. I could also feel the heat from her body far more intensely. She shuffled around and walked about quickly tring to gather her things together. Without the friction from the hose, her heel would occasionally pop out from me. Every now and then I'd see a humungous heel rise far in the sky, then I'd bend backwards and slap straight back into her foot, stinging my face... sole.

"Right, we're ready to go" She said, opening the door

"I didn't hear you grab your keys" I stated, still amazed at how I could speak despite it feeling like I had a foot in my mouth. Must remember to think like a shoe, whatever that means.

"Did you forget, we're walking today, so ease the parking congestion. It's not too far, it'll only take twenty minutes or do"

"TWENTY MINUTES?" I cried "You'll crush me to death!"

"We've been through this James. You're a shoe, there's nothing to crush. Shoes are made for walking. Now keep quiet, If I hurry I might make it in time" Hurrying is just what she did, her footfalls were heavy but quick, shortening the time I felt pressure, but also shortening the tiny break I got between steps. It got worse as the walk went on. After a few minutes, Abbey started sweating, and the smell and taste got far worse. A pungent mixture of vinegar and  salt filled what stood in for my taste buds. I tried to call out, but couldn't say anything. She must have put me on mute. The more she sweat, the more moist I became. My spongy 'face' began to absorb some of the sweat, making me feel bloated and creating a small but noticeable squelch with every step. What with the rhythmic stepping and the quiet but constant squelch, accompanied by her heel slipping from the grip of my body, I was delighted when I felt the cold hard surface of polished floors, indicating that we'd arrived at the school. Abbey must have had the first period free as I felt the familiar carpet of the staff room next. I heard Abbey close the door behind her and say "Phew coast is clear"

She sat on the sofa and I felt all the pressure release from me. I felt her grab me and take me off. "Sorry James, didn't realise how warm it was today"

"I'm soaked through" I complained. She ran a giant finger down my insole.

"You don't feel too wet"

"Yeah, because I absorbed most of it" She seemed to find this funny.

"So my sweat is part of you now?"

"It's not funny" Before she could reply, I heard the door opening. Quickly, Abbey threw me to the ground. To my great surprise, I didn't actually feel any pain as I bounced on the carpet. My pleasure was short lived as I bounced on top of the other shoe, face down, so my only means of fresh air was blocked by another shoe and pungent as me.

"Abbey, do you mind sticking your shoes back on?" I heard a man say. "There's a bit of an aroma coming from them" If it were still possible for me to do so, I would have glowed red. I was actually getting embarrassed at being called smelly. Of course I was smelly, I was a shoe!

"Sorry Milo" She said, putting me and my partner back onto her feet, cutting short my break. Wait, did I just refer to the other shoe as my partner? "I had to walk in this morning. What with the heat and-"

"Say no more about it Abbey" I heard him say "Just remember in future to bring a spare pair of walking shoes as well as your professional shoes" The nerve of that guy. Another pair of shoes indeed! Was I getting offended at the thought of being replaced? Dear god, I was going native.

Abbey spent the rest of the hour talking to various staff, while absent-mindedly dangling me off her foot. It was less intimidating as the previous day. I had almost grown used to it. I had a feeling that Abbey would never let anything hurt me. Then again, she turned me into a shoe, so i couldn't be completely sure. I heard the bell ring and Abbey stood up. The familiar pressure was there but it wasn't uncomfortable this time, it just felt... right. As she walked to her next lesson, I felt myself clinging tightly to her foot, in spite of the fact that I knew I had no say in the matter anyway. The grime and jam from in between her toes had worked its way down to the bottom of her foot, and I could taste them now, but they tasted... well not good but not bad either. Does a shoe have opinions on the taste of its owners foot? Did I just refer to myself as it? Did I just refer to Abbey as my owner. I had to get myself right. 'I am I Man', I kept thinking to myself. I'm only like this for a week, for being an asshole, then I'm back to normal and this becomes something we never talk about again. However the more I tried to convince myself, the more the sensations grew.

Abbey sat down lifting me up in the air and breaking my train of thought. Once again she dangled me, but this time, she held me up from her big toe. It felt like I was flying, being supported only by this goddess's mighty toe. I begun to admire how powerful Abbey truly was. Only a couple of days ago, I was a man whose biggest worry was the leak in the upstairs bathroom, now I was nothing but a lowly ballet flat, completely in the control of this woman I had once thought of as petite and dainty. This was a worrying thought, so why did it give me a good feeling? Probably because she was still treating me well. She was talking to me, trying to give me breaks now and then. Not taunting me in a cruel way, just making silly little jokes like she always did. If I had to be a shoe, I'm almost glad I was hers.

At lunch, Abbey decided to eat out side which meant being in the heat again. In a strange way I was looking forward to it. I felt her sit down and stretch her legs out. The longer we were out there the more perspiration came out of her foot, drenching me once again in sweat. I couldn't exactly suck, but if I could, that's what I was doing. What had happened to me? Just this morning her sweat disgusted me, now I was eager to get as much of it on me as possible. Was this a part of the spell, me becoming more receptive to the life of a shoe? I wasn't complaining, because for the first time since this farce began, I was enjoying myself.

I found myself listening far less to the outside world and concentrating more on protecting Abbey's foot. After all, that was my primary responsibility wasn't it. I enjoyed how easy my life had become. No more worrying, duties or chores, just a life of simple servitude to Abbey's beautiful foot. I had become so wrapped up in the foot love-in that I was surprised the next time Abbey slipped me off we were home. She picked me up and held me up to her nose and inhaled deeply. I could see every tiny hair in her nostrils.

"Whew, you stink James. Sorry about that"

"No need to apologise Abbey. it's my job"

"Wow, only two days in and you're acting perfectly like a shoe. You must be really weak willed." she joked, smiling

"Well I am a shoe" I said, curtly. The smile faded from Abbey's face

"Err... I think you've learnt your lesson now. I'd better change you back"

"NO!" I panicked "I need to be here the whole week. I haven't truly learnt anything! Please"

"Okay then" She said concerned "I'm gonna go get changed" She gently placed me on the floor and went upstairs. It was only then I realised what had happened. Did I just turn down the chance to be a man again? Would I do that when the week was up? Surely Abbey would force me to go back after the week, she's just testing the spell. After all me feeling like this is all part of the spell right? I'll be fine at the end of the week, when I'm back to normal. Until then all i can do is wait expectantly to be worn again. I heard a small voice in the back of my thoughts remark 'I hope it's soon'.

Abbey came back down stairs in a t-shirt and leggings. She glanced over at me

"I don't suppose you want me to wear you again tonight, do you" She pondered, looking a little worried.

"Of course I do" came my cheery reply

"Okay then" she said as she slipped me on. Her steps seemed far more careful than before, as if she was trying to avoid stepping on me too much. I must be imagining things I thought, as I enjoyed every moment of closeness to Abbey's foot. When she sat on the couch, she lifted her legs up too, but there was no dangling tonight. 'Something must be on her mind' I thought as I silently enjoyed being wrapped around my owner's foot. Time passed quickly, too quickly when Abbey took me off and placed me gently on the floor. She said a muted goodnight as I looked forward to the next day.

After an agonisingly long wait, I heard Abbey come down for the next morning, but something was wrong. She was already wearing her shoes. Instead of where I was meant to be, on the end of Abbey's sublime legs, were a pair of shiny black high heel pumps. I glowered at them jealously before turning on Abbey.

"Hey, what gives? I thought I was your work shoe" I moaned, angry at this apparent rejection.

"I think you need a break from my feet honey. You'll understand later on" She said, picking up her handbag "I'll see you this afternoon"

She then turned and left, leaving me alone with my thoughts, motionless in the dimly lit room. Need a break from her feet? What did she mean by that? I lived to serve her foot. It was my purpose in life, wasn't it? Well it wasn't a few days ago. This whole situation was very confusing. I have to remember who I am, otherwise there'll be no point in going back. But would that be such a bad thing? What did I have in my old life that was so great. Well, I suppose Abbey. We had our fallings out, and a few things would grind my gears, but I'm sure I did the same to her. But I loved her dearly, she was my world, I would walk over hot coals for her. Well now she definitely was my world and I wouldn't have a say in the matter if I did have to go over hot coals for her. I needed to get some perspective. I had started to love being a shoe, having a simple life where nothing is expected of me but to make Abbey's foot look pretty, but I loved Abbey more and I needed to focus on being a better boyfriend to her.

These thoughts rattled through my mind, making me lose track of time. After a while, I heard the door open and Abbey return from work. She came into the living room and picked me up to her face.

"Feel better" She asked, genuine concern on her face

"Much, sorry for freaking you out yesterday. This whole experience is so strange."

"It's not your fault" She said, looking guilty "Yesterday in the staff room, I was so upset at how you were feeling. I wanted to give you some perspective, not grind you into the dirt. I hate having to punish you like this, so I decided to make it so your mind could only see yourself as a shoe. It was only meant to be subconscious, but clearly it affected you on a conscious level. Probably because I was barefoot, it overwhelmed you. I'm so sorry, I just didn't want you to start resenting me and hating me"

"I could never hate you Abbey. This is certainly a weird way to punish me, but I totally understand why you're doing it. I appreciate you trying to make me feel better about it"

"I think it would be best if I remove the whole mind block thing. You should really come to acclimatise naturally anyway" She smiled and mumbled something under her breath. It affected me immediately as it suddenly hit me how much I smelt. I had smelt like that all day and not noticed? Jeez that spell was powerful.

"How do you feel?" She asked

"Disgusting and feeble" I complained

"Aww, you're back" She grinned "Do you want me to wear you this evening? I'm wearing hose"

"Go on then, it's more interesting that sitting round here all day" I conceded. She picked me up and put me on. The discomfort had returned as my body formed around her foot. A thought occurred to me "Aren't you going to get changed?"

"Today's Friday. I always go grocery shopping straight after work. I only stopped off here to see how you were doing" I was touched, in a strange, disturbing way. She was so thoughtful, even to her shoe. She spun around and walked out the door.

I did not enjoy grocery shopping, even as a human. As a shoe it was worse, the level of noise around me was ungodly, the amount of people created such a heat that Abbey started sweating again. Thankfully, the hose filtered some of it, so the taste was sifted down somewhat. After what seemed like an age, we came to a halt and Abbey popped her heel out of my body. Looking around her foot, I could see we were in a line for the check out

"How much longer are we gonna be here" I whined

"I can't talk to you here, too public" She muttered aggressively. If there was one thing Abbey disliked, it was being embarrassed. It's probably what landed me in this situation in the first place.

"No one can hear me though. You said so yourself" I reasoned

"No, but they can hear me" She snarked. I then saw her turn to a person in front and I heard her say "Sorry, just talking to myself" She then slammed her heel back down into me. I'd upset her there. Nice to know my talent for doing that was still intact. Abbey paid for the shopping and drove us home, pressing harder than usual down upon me, putting me in some discomfort. When we got in, she ripped me off her foot and held me up to her face

"I can't believe you did that to me" She snarled

"Oh come on, it was nothing. There are much weirder things than talking to yourself, like having a talking shoe for instance" I said, laughing for the first time since becoming a shoe

"I should make you silent for the rest of the week" She said angrily "But I have a better idea" Her smile worried me a bit. Abbey had a talent for payback. She once tricked me into getting caught skinny-dipping naked in a neighbours pool after I had poked fun at her one too many times at a co-workers barbeque party. She took off her dirty pantyhose and stuffed them inside me, creating a rise in the smell and threw me across the room. It was a strange sensation to be thrown like that. I felt so meaningless and small as I sailed through the air. landing face down, I was trapped, with the hose pressed against my insole. I hope this is the payback, I thought. I didn't want to think what she had in store if it wasn't

 

Chapter End Notes:

Longer than expected actually. I was supposed to go up to the end of the week in this chapter, but found myself writing so much on days 2 and 3 that i decided to give it its own chapter. Expect to see what payback awaits James and what happens for the rest of the week in the next chapter.