- Text Size +

Chapter 4: Can't Escape the Past

December 6, 2023 11:04 AM

It was hard to say how long they had been moving. The second and minutes seem to just stretch into one another and the dull metal ducts made for little in stimulation. Sanders groaned as his stomach churned at Pyrrha's shifting body. It was better up here on her head where he could grab onto something, but the movement still made him sick. Pyrrha let out a loud yawn as she keep crawling, apparently just as bored as Sanders was sick.

There was nothing for it, though, save to keep moving. They couldn't stay in the air ducts forever and the longer they wasted in them, the bigger head start Aviel would have. Thankfully, their slow progress in one direction paid off.

Pyrrha turned a corner and Sanders smiled as he saw the welcome glare of daylight streaming through a vent ahead. Pyrrha saw it too and zipped down to the vent with a happy meow. She moved to the vent and sniffed the open air before starting back. Sanders cursed as he realized she was about to ram the vent cover.

"Pyrrha, stop!" Sanders yelled causing her ears to twitch. He forgot he was right next to them... Pyrrha stopped, giving a low growl as she rubbed her ears.

"Sorry, Pyrrha. Used to having to yell to get your attention. Put me down and let me get a look," he said, rather than yelled. Pyrrha scooped him up and put him on the ground and Sanders moved to the vent. He had to lift himself up a bit to get a good look out of the vent, but he managed it thanks to his new found energy and healed leg. How the hell had that woman done that?

The base outside was abuzz with activity. Swords and Shields members were stalking about the area in full combat gear, looking at their feet at all times. A number of vehicles were moving about the area as well, carrying various equipment and such. A large amount of Shields were at the edges of the base, patrolling the edge along with some tiny figures that Sanders was barely able to see.  A number of catgirls and fairies were combing the base as well and, occasionally, one would break off and go running of flying off. When they did, a giantess would go with them, sometimes stomping down on something and other times just going back to looking around. Any of the catgirls that headed for the edge of the base, however, were quickly stopped and kicked, tossed, or shooed back to the other parts of the base. So much for just riding Pyrrha out... A few members were picking up the small number of dead giantesses, their bodies looking to have been blasted with innumerable explosives. But while their were only a few dead giantesses, the ground looked to be covered in blood and squashed forms.

It seemed the Resistance attack had been real enough and ended as well as Sanders would have expected. What the hell had they been thinking? For that matter, what the hell was HE thinking? All those people with actual weapons had been wiped out by the Society with only, maybe, 4 dead giantesses. What the hell was he, alone, supposed to do against them? No...no he couldn't think like that. Isabella had given her life trying to stop them and Sanders would honor her memory by doing the same. Even if it meant becoming just a stain on a shoe, he would stay this course. He owed Isabella, Manchent, and anyone else murdered by the Society that much.

His misgivings shoved aside, he made sure the groups looking for stragglers were well away before climbing down and moving out of Pyrrha's way. He pointed to it and Pyrrha got the idea as she rammed it. It took her three tries, but the vent tumbled down to the ground. Luckily, all the noise of vehicles moving about and people yelling about cleared areas keep the noise from being heard. A few catgirls turned to the sound, but were pulled away by their handlers. Once Sanders was sure the cost was clear, he climbed into Pyrrha's hand, braced himself, and got ready to lose his lunch.

Pyrrha dropped down from the vent to the ground, a good seven foot drop. The landing slammed Sanders, despite his bracing, into Pyrrha's palm and he cursed as he nearly broke his nose. Thankfully, her flesh gave just enough to stop it from breaking, but not enough to stop it from bleeding. He cursed as Pyrrha opened her hand to put him back on her head. Once he was set on her head, and had raised his head to stop the blood, Pyrrha began to slowly inch her way to some nearby junk. Sanders thought Pyrrha was heading there to hide, until he noticed a bit of movement near the junk.

A Resistance member, probably a straggler, was hiding in the junk and was looking away from them. He looked badly hurt and on his last legs, but was still alive. Sanders wondered if maybe he could give some answers and... wait.

"Pyrrha N-!" Sanders tried to get out in time, but too late as Pyrrha sprang forward. Sanders hung on to her hair and cursed as she leap forward. He was thrown onto her head as she stopped and gasped as some of the air was knocked out of him. He heard a soft scream of terror before it vanished to be replaced with a soft gulp. Sanders eyes widened in terror as he looked to see the spot where the Resistance person had been. He was no longer there, though. He didn't need to look at Pyrrha's face to know what happened. Fuck...Sanders had almost forgotten Pyrrha was a catgirl and while she didn't want to eat him, she had no problem eating other people. Sanders anger rose up and he moved to Pyrrha's ear.

"NO! Pyrrha you do NOT eat people! Don't do that again!" he yelled into her ear getting a meow of pain from her. She hissed up at him, but he kicked simply kicked her ear in response. She gave a low growl and Sanders got ready to have to fight off Pyrrha's hand when something got both their attention.

A meow came from behind them that sounded way too close for comfort.. He looked back to see a catgirl sniffing in their direction and a giantess glancing their way as well. Shit if he was spotted out here he was as good as dead. Even if one of the giantesses believed he was a Society member, they were sure to take him to Cathrine or Angela. He doubted either would give him the chance to escape a second time... He could punish Pyrrha later, right now they needed to get out of here.

Pyrrha, however, didn't look so ready to just let things go and her hand came up to try and grab him. He shifted to her other ear to avoid it before remembering what he had done to calm her down when they had first meet. He starting to rub the spot behind her ear and let out a sigh of relief when her hand stopped in mid air. It slowly lowered as Pyrrha's hair stop bristling and her low growl turning into a purr.

"OK, OK, we can talk about eating people later. For now, lets get out of here," he said as he starting to look for somewhere to go. He spotted the giantess barracks not too far away and with very few giantesses around it. If they could slip into there, maybe they could hide till things calmed down out here. Then, hopefully, they could slip out undetected when security went back to normal. It was a long shot, but it was the only shot they had.

"Pyrrha," Sanders said before tugging on her ears to get her to face the building, "go." Pyrrha got the idea and got on her feet before heading toward it. They would be walking right through the open, but Sanders was banking on none of the Society people paying any mind to another catgirl wondering around. His gamble worked as no one even gave Pyrrha a second look as she moved toward the barracks. Sanders keep himself pressed down onto her head, hoping her hair would keep him hidden from view. After a couple of minutes of holding his breath, Pyrrha reached the barracks and stopped at its wall.

Sanders risked a peek out of her hair to look around. No giantesses were around and the few catgirls milling about were paying Pyrrha no mind. Her smell must have been masking his, thank whoever. He looked over the wall and saw another vent. However, trying to pull it off her would, undoubtedly, get them unwanted attention. And if any catgirls should follow them... No, the vent was no good, but there had to be some other way in.

Sanders tugged on Pyrrha's ear again and got her to start walking along the edge of the building. She keep sniffing away, probably looking for another snack which only made Sanders worried. Sanders dearly hoped the others had already found anyone around as he had no wish to see Pyrrha eat someone alive again. As they headed along the wall, Sanders looked up at the windows and stopped Pyrrha as he noticed one was open. Of course, it was also on the second floor, dauntingly high above them. Sanders cursed under his breath before cursing out loud as Pyrrha looked up. He grabbed hold of her hair and hung on as the dizzying high fall from her head to the ground spread out below him. He wrapped his hands up in her hair, hoping to get a better grip as he felt Pyrrha begin to lean down. Oh fuck no!

Sanders screamed in panic as Pyrrha launched herself into the air and the fall to the ground grew even farther. He was smacked into Pyrrha's head as she came to a stop and he barely managed to hand on. As if suddenly remembering him, Pyrrha reached back and pulled him out of her hair. Sanders practically buried himself into her palm as he welcomed the feel of SOMETHING below him. Sanders looked up enough to see Pyrrha had jumped to the landing of the window on the first floor Sadly, the window on this floor was shut tight and Sanders doubted they could open it. He got his nerves to calm down a bit and stood up before turning back to Pyrrha. His nerves had barely recovered when she smiled at him and opened her mouth.

"Oh no, not again. Pyrrha no, No, NO!" Sanders yelled as he backed away from her, but the catgirl. He turned to try and run, but had barely gotten a step when Pyrrha grabbed his jacket in her mouth again. Sanders swore as Pyrrha's hand fell away and she bent down again. Oh fuck nonononononononono! Sanders yelled out in terror as Pyrrha rocketed into the air and the window sill below him fell away. The window buffeted him downward as he shut his eyes to the terrifying sight until the wind died down. A quick glance was all he needed to shut them again as the upward motion ended and came to a jarring halt. He felt them going up a bit more as Pyrrha gave a soft grunt of effort.

After what seemed like an eternity,the moving stopped and Sanders opened his eyes. He breathed a sigh of relief to see the window seal back below him. It was still far enough to probably break both his legs and his back, but at least it was not the splatter like a bug on a windshield fall from before. Pyrrha must have jumped up to the second level from the first floor's window sill as this window was wide open and just waiting for them to get inside.

"HEY! Get down from there you damn cat! Shit, someone go get that catgirl!" someone yelled from behind them. Fuck they had been spotted! Pyrrha looked about to turn to face whoever had yelled, but Sanders stopped her.

"Pyrrha, go! GO!" he yelled pointing into the room. Pyrrha couldn't see him in her mouth, but there really wasn't any other direction TO go. Sanders cursed as Pyrrha moved into the room and jumped to the floor. He yelled in terror as the floor came rushing up to meet them, before being jarred back into Pyrrha's airbag like lips. He groaned as his stomach began to tie into knots, but managed to keep from spewing.

Shaking off this sickness, he looked around the room. They were in a giantess' room that looked very similar to Isabella's. It had the same kind of  bed, nightstand, dresser, desk, etc.. that Isabella's room had. Kinda made sense the rooms would be similar in a barracks. A few personal nick-knacks were scattered about along with some clothes and other junk. Whoever's room this was was not the cleanest person, but wasn't the dirtiest Sanders had seen. Jr still held that award, ewww.

Thankfully, the owner of the room was not here and Sanders could guess it would take a bit of time to get up to the second floor and to this room. But they still needed to hurry. Sanders could probably find a place to hide and not be found, doubly so since they wouldn't be looking for him. Pyrrha, though, didn't have that advantage and any place she could hide, they were sure to look. Sanders didn't much care for his chances of getting out of this building, much less the base, alone. He needed to stick with Pyrrha if he wanted to get out of here.

Sadly, the only way out looked to be the door into the hallway. There was another air vent, but it was placed high up in the ceiling, far too high for them to reach. With no other real choice, Sanders was going to have to get Pyrrha to open the door and hope the hallway was empty.

Sanders got Pyrrha to put him back into her hand and then pointed toward the door. Pyrrha nodded and looked about to put him back on her head, but he stopped her. He was going to need her to see him for this. She didn't seem to mind and cared him in her large hand to the door and stopped in front of it, looking at it in confusion.

"OK...how the fuck am I going to do this?" Sanders asked himself trying to think of how to get Pyrrha to understand. The doorknob was...well just that, simple and yet so very complicated.

"Pyrrha, grab?" Sanders said pointing at the knob. Pyrrha looked at him and gave him the confused look he was beginning to hate.

"Of course... Hold? Grasp? Pick up?" the last one she got and moved her free hand to the  eye level to her, knob. She grabbed it and pulled on it, with no real success.

"OK! No stop! NO don't let- dammit!" Sanders swore as Pyrrha, hearing no, let go of the knob. He groaned as he rubbed his head. Dammit, they didn't have time for this!

"OK...OK...Pyrrha, pick it up," he said Pyrrha gave him a weird look but did as he said.

"Now stop! Don't- HOLD!" Sanders yelled, hoping he had guessed the right word. Pyrrha's ears perked at the word and she keep her hand on the knob. YES! OK, now he just needed her to turn it.

"Okay, good, good. Now turn it. Like this, turn it. Come on, Pyrrha, do what I do," Sanders said turning his hand like to open a door while holding it up for Pyrrha to see. She looked very confused at first, but her eyes seemed to slowly get some comprehension. Her hand slowly began to twist the knob bit by bit before the greatest sound Sanders had heard came from the door. The click of the lock opening.

"YES! OK now pull!" Sanders yelled as Pyrrha did as she was told and pulled the door open. HELL YES! They were out! Sanders pumped his arm in excitement as Pyrrha began to move the door back and forth, seemingly amazed with the new trick she had learned.

"YES!! HAHA! Come on, Pyrrha, lets go find a place to hide, up!" he said, pulling her attention away from the door. She raised him back to her head and he climbed on before she headed out the door.

The hallway outside was, thankfully, empty. The sides of it were lined with doors with numbers printed on them. Beside each door was also a name of the occupant. Sanders glanced back at the room they had been in, but didn't recognize the name. To their left the hallway went forward for awhile before it turned off to the right out of sight. The right went straight before ending at a staircase leading down. Well that way was no good as they were sure to be spotted there. Still, getting off this level and hiding on the first floor would, probably, be their best bet of going unnoticed.

"Pyrrha, grab. Good, now pull. Great, OK lets go," Sanders said getting Pyrrha to close the door behind them. Now, anyone who came looking for them would have no idea they had escaped the room. With their tracks covered, Pyrrha moved down the hallway. He got her to speed up, not wanting to still be in this part of the hall when someone came to investigate. He slowed her at the corner and got her to lean out to see if anyone was there. The coast was clear and they slipped around the corner.

This hallway was the same as the last one, just a bunch of rooms lining the walls till it turned to the right again. They keep going, Sanders glancing at the names every so often. Most he didn't recognize, but one caught his attention since the door was wide open.

"Laundry room", the sign next to it read. Sanders might have just ignored it, but Pyrrha's ears perked up a bit and she came to a stop. Sanders then heard it too, footsteps coming toward them.

"Pyrrha, there," Sander said turning Pyrrha to the laundry room. Inside it was a pretty standard laundry room. One side have washers, the other dryers and a few tables were scattered about. A few of the machines were chugging away and, even more importantly, there were some baskets full of clothes in the room.

"In the clothes, go!" Sanders yelled getting Pyrrha to go into the room. It took him a second to get her to actually get into the clothes, but she got the idea after a few tries. The clothes smelled like they had just been washed, thankfully, and Sanders found himself buried in a giant sweater. He managed to push it enough to at last see, but still felt like he was going to be buried under clothing for the rest of his life. Only the reassuring feel of Pyrrha's head keep him from thinking it was true.

He watched from the tiny little hole in the clothing as two giantesses came stomping past.

"-upid cats. I swear they get into EVERYTHING. Can't take your eye off the-" one of their voices boomed out before fading away. As they passed Pyrrha began to shift as if to get out, but Sanders stopped her. They needed to make sure they were the only ones. After a minute of sitting in the laundry basket, and Pyrrha beginning to get very VERY frigidity, Sanders let Pyrrha stand up. As she did, the sweater nearly crushed him onto her head, but thankfully rolled off her. He groaned as he got up from his near death with a damn piece of clothing and had to hold on as Pyrrha jumped out of the basket. She stretched a bit before heading for the door.

They peeked out into the hallway and found no one around. Going back was sure to get them caught now, so forward it was. They headed down the hallway going the same direction the two giantesses had come from. They turned the corner to find another staircase leading down to the first level. With nowhere else to go, they headed down the staircase.

The jarring steps down the stairs left Sanders stomach doing somersaults and he had to hold in what little was left in his stomach. By the time Pyrrha got to ground level, he was sure he was looking greener than a blade of grass. He groaned in pain as Pyrrha keep going down the hallway, oblivious to his discomfort. Sanders managed to look up and around the hallway. It was the same as the last few and had nothing but doors. He might have gone back to recovering if he didn't notice the numbers on the doors.

146, 145, 144...they were...they were on the same hallway as Isabella's old room! Sanders pushed his nausea away as he keep a look out on the rooms. 142, 141, 140, just a bit more and they would get to her room....and what batter place to hide? 138, 137, and maybe...just maybe she would have left a clue as to what she had found.

Sanders stopped Pyrrha as they arrived at Room 136, Isabella's old room. It still had her name beside it... still looked the same as always... Some part of Sanders imagined all he had to do was get Pyrrha to knock. Then Isabella would open the door, be shocked by him riding a catgirl, and then everything would go back to normal. Aviel would be back to his size, Isabella would be alive, and Flonne would be there with her giant smiling face tickled to death he was there. That was what should happen. That was what he wanted to happen. But it wasn't what was going to happen. Isabella wasn't behind that door, or any door. She was gone, dead, and there was no bringing her back... Flonne was...fuck who knew where she was and Aviel. Aviel was the enemy now. Fuck...FUCK how had it come to this?!

"Pyrrha...ope-grab it," Sander said looking down in depression. Dammit...how could he have let this happen? How could he have been so blind to turn Isabella over to Angela? And how could he not have killed Aviel when he had the chance?! He should have done something, he should have stopped her, he should have put her down, he shoud...

Pyrrha grabbed the door handle and tried to turn it, but the knob refused to budge. Locked...of course...Sanders sighed to himself, both disappointed and relieved. He was about to get Pyrrha to get back to moving, when he noticed the light streaming out from under the door. The space between the door and the floor...he might be able to squeeze under it. Pyrrha, of course, would never be able to fit, but maybe she didn't need to. Without him, even if she was caught she would be fine. They would just toss her back into her cage. He didn't want that to happen, but...but the chance of Isabella having left something important was too great for him not to look.

"Pyrrha, down," Sander said as Pyrrha picked him up and lowered him to the ground. She knelt down beside him as he moved to the door. It was going to be a tight squeeze, but he was sure he could make it.

"OK, Pyrrha. Go hide, I will come back in a few minutes, OK?" Sanders said to Pyrrha, though he doubted she understood. She gave a low sad meow as he began to start to crawl under the door. He heard her began to paw at the door and had to yell at her to stop. Last thing he needed was her causing noise. After a second or two of a very uncomfortable crawling, and a terrifying second where he was sure he had gotten stuck, Sanders managed to crawl his way into Isabella's room.

The room was much the same as he remembered it with everything still in its place. He had never been on the floor of the room, though, and seeing the skyscraper-sized bed, desk, and other furniture was a stark reminder how small he was now. It, also, presented him with another problem. How the hell did he think he was going to get to ANYTHING to investigate? Everything was hundreds of feet high, compared to him. He had really not thought this through...

Still, he had come to far to just turn back now. Looking around, he noticed the window on the far wall, or rather its curtains. They were long enough to nearly touch the ground and were very close to the nightstand with Flonne's bed on it. Flonne...he dearly hoped she was somewhere safe and away from Aviel...

He shook of those thoughts as he started across the floor. Those drapes would, at least, get him onto the nightstand. From there he should be able to get onto Isabella's bed and use it to cross over to the desk that was right beside the end of the bed. If anything was going to have a clue, it was going to be the desk. It was a long haul, but Sanders had made longer ones before.

It took him a few minutes to get across the carpeted floor. What would have taken Isabella maybe three steps took him more than five minutes to cross. Thankfully, the drapes were low enough to the ground for him to jump up to. He took a second to rest before he jumped up. It was going to be a very, very long climb...

By the time Sanders reached the top of the nightstand, he was nearly exhausted. His arms felt like jelly and he was sweating like mad. He took a deep breath and summoned the last of his energy to get him the last little bit to the nightstand. He swung himself to the side and throw himself to the nightstand. He flopped onto it and didn't bother to get up or move from the spot he had landed on. His entire body was screaming in pain from the excretion and he felt like he needed to just pass out for a few minutes. He didn't let sweet oblivion take him, though, as he struggled back to his feet, cursing himself for thinking that had been a good idea.

The nightstand had a lamp, Flonne's bed, and a large picture frame on it. Sanders hadn't been able to see what was in the frame from the ground so he moved in front of it to see. He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw the picture. It was the picture his Mom had taken on Thanksgiving...with all four of them all happy and together... Sanders stood there, a mixture of crushing sadness and bitter betrayal raging inside him. They had been all alive and friends back then...and now...thanks to her...to HER!

Sanders fists tightened as his exhaustion was forgotten in favor of rage. He stormed around the frame and pushed it over. It crashed down onto the nightstand and Sanders quickly unlatched the hatch to its back. With a bit of effort, he got it open and pulled the picture out.

"You don't deserved to be in this. Not anymore," he said to Aviel's image before ripping it out of the photo. He crumbled it up and tossed it to the ground before spitting after it. He would do the same to her when he found her again. He would put her in the ground and make sure she never betrayed anyone ever again.

Suddenly, Sanders heard the lock of the door start to jiggle. He groaned as took a breath to calm down. Pyrrha must have been trying to ge-

"Its locked, Susan give me the key," an all too familiar voice said. Lutice's voice... Panic and terror filled Sanders as he scrambled away from the pict- OH SHIT! The picture frame was knocked down, the picture taken out of it, and Aviel's image ripped off! Lutice and the rest would have to be blind not to notice that and then they would know someone was in here! Sanders dashed back as he heard the key get inserted into the door. He grabbed the picture and took off for Flonne's bed. He pushed his legs to their limit as he dived under the smaller bed, pulling the picture with him. Barely a millisecond after he had dived behind the bed's covers, the door opened.

"Alright, you heard Angela. Let's get this over with," Lutice said as her footsteps moved into the room. Other footsteps followed her's though Sanders couldn't tell how many. Dammit, why the hell was she in here and what had happened to Pyrrha?

"So fucking stupid. We've got better things to be doing that going through this dead bitches' shit. Should be out moping up those Resistance," another voice, Susan's, said.

"Apparently, Cathrine blames us for Isabella having to be killed so now we get to clean up the mess. Such BS, her attacking us had nothing to do with her finding out about the shrink devices," another said, Tracy he thought. Had that been it? She had found out about the shrink devices so they used it on her and killed her? Sanders had a gut feeling there was more to it than that. If that had been what it was about, Angela would have killed them too for seeing it rather than giving them a chance to stay loyal.

"Stop whining and just search the place. Sooner this is done, sooner we can leave," Lutice said with noticeable anger in her voice.

"Still mad about your little slave boy getting fed to the ca-" Susan started to say before she stopped and a loud bang came from the room, as if someone had just been slammed against a wall.

"Say one more word, Susan...say. One. More. FUCKING. Word," Lutice said sending a bit of a chill down Sanders spine even just listening. To no surprise, the room was silent for a minute before the footsteps went back to moving about the area.

Sanders risked a quick peek out of the covers dangling below the bed and saw Lutice and her three friends all looking through the area. They were all dressed in normal clothing save for the boots which were full combat boots. Fuck, so much for finding any clues now. Any clues Isabella had left would be long gone and in the hands of the Society, now. Not to mention, he might be too if they moved Flonne's bed or looked under it. As if summoned by his thoughts, Lutice glanced over at the nightstand making Sanders duck back behind the covers. He cursed as he heard her footsteps get closer and heard the frame being picked up. He risked a short peek and saw her looked at the empty frame. She studied it a bit before shrugging, and tossing it to the ground. She turned away and looked about to leave when she glanced back at the bed. Sanders swore as he ducked back in and got ready to make a dash from Isabella's bed. Maybe he could hide in its covers...

A loud hiss erupted in the room and Sanders heard Monet gave a muffled moan, probably the closest thing to a scream her broken jaw could make. Sanders glanced out and saw Monet struggling to get Pyrrha off her. Pyrrha was clawing into her back, hissing and spitting in rage, as Monet's arms flailed at her, trying to grab her. Susan rushed over and pulled Pyrrha off only to let go when Pyrrha bit down on her hand.

"OWWW FUCKING CAT!" Susan yelled as she kicked out at Pyrrha. Pyrrha dodged back and landed on all fours. She raised her back up as her tail bristled in rage. She hissed back at the giantesses before taking off into the hallway, running on fours.

"Don't let her get away!" Tracy yelled as they all took off after Pyrrha. Sanders was going to let a sigh of relief out when Lutice suddenly stopped. He looked at her in confusion as she looked down. She bent down and picked something off the ground. Sanders blood ran cold as he recognized it. The piece of the picture Sanders had torn off...

Lutice's head snapped around to look almost dead at him, and Sanders scrambled back from the edge of the bed. He took off running toward Isabella's bed as Lutice's footsteps came booming closer and closer. He was almost at Isabella's bed when Flonne's bed was sent flying to the side, the wind from its sudden move nearly knocking him to the ground.

Sanders stumbled and slowly turned to find himself staring up at Lutice's massive face. Lutice smiled down at him in anything but a comforting way.

"Sanders...Sanders....hahaha. HAHAHAHA!" she said before turning to the side and laughing. She turned back to him with the same smile, and yet her eyes looked a bit moist. Almost as if she was trying to fight back tears... Sanders mind raced trying to think of something, ANYTHING to do. Fuck this was bad, really REALLY bad. If she took him back to Angela or Cathrine...

"Lutice? What are you laughing at?" Tracy asked from the hallway. Lutice's eyes snapped wide and she cursed under her breath. Sanders looked around while Lutice was distracted for somewhere, anywhere, to run too, but the only place was Isabella's bed. Before he could make a run for it, Lutice's massive finger and thumb came rushed toward him. Sanders yelled in terror as they closed on him and lifted him up and into the air. He tried to wiggle free, but it was no use, her finger was along was close to double his size.

"Stop struggling or do you want to be found! Now keep still till I get you back to my room," Lutice whispered out before pulling the top of her shirt out. Sanders stared down at the awe-inspiring view of the top of Lutice's D-cup breasts and for a second forgot how fucked he was. He barely even registering he was falling before he landed on the oh so soft flesh. He slid a bit, but managed to stop before sliding into her bra. He looked up and watched the sky turn dark as her shirt closed back around him.

"Nothing, I thought I had found Isabella's dildo, but it was just a flashlight," Lutice's voice boomed above him, sounding disappointed.

"Did you get that catgirl?" she asked as she began to move, the steps causing her breasts to jiggle a bit. Sanders might have been in heaven if these weren't Lutice's breasts.

"No, damn thing got into an air vent. Monet and Susan are still trying to flush it out, but they are not going to get it out of there," Tracy said getting a sigh of relieve from Sanders. At least Pyrrha had escaped.

"You bunch really are useless. I am going back to my room, you guys finish up," Lutice said as she started to walk away.

"Cathrine sa-"

"I don't give a FUCK what Cathrine said. She can go shove another stick up her ass for all I care. Now, finish up or I will ram one up your ass," Lutice yelled making Sanders cringe. There was no more arguing at that point and Lutice began to walk back to, assumedly, her room. What the fuck was he going to do now? And if she was going to turn him in, what was she going to do with him? He wasn't sure he would like the answer...

Excerpt of Speech given by Representative Davidson on the attack on the Society Base:

"I think I speak for everyone here, when I say how grateful we are to have the Society's protection. We greatly respect their courage and willingness for self-sacrifice to keep us all safe. But, the attack on their base a few days ago illustrate that the Society may not be capable on continuing their sole vigil. I am not insinuating they have failed at their jobs, far from it. They have gone above and beyond anything we could ask for them. However, I feel like many of us who live and work in New Atlanta feel we should be defending and fighting for our homes, not asking them to do it for us.

The Matriarchs have warned us that the areas outside the city are dangerous, and this is true. However, those same dangers now seem poised to come to us. So why should we wait for them to come, when instead we can go and meet them head on? Why should we hide behind the Society, cowering like lost children, when we can stand and fight for ourselves? Why should we let others risk their lives for our homes when we can risk our own?

That is why I am calling for the formation of a New Atlanta military force to work with and alongside those that take the fight to these "Resistance" terrorists. So that we, too, can help defend our homes. So that we, too, can protect our loves ones. And so that we, too, can take the fight back to those who continue to disrupt our lives and announce with one voice, We will not stand for your threats, murders, and continued aggression! We will take the fight to you and bury you in the very violence you seemed bent on causing!"

Speech was meet with a near 95% approval rating. Passing of bill for New Atlanta Military to join Sword operation is considered to be inevitable.

Chapter End Notes:

[OK so this whole flashback with Sanders was supposed to only be a Chapter....so much for that plan. I am HOPING it will only last about a half chapter and we can get back to the Phoenixes halfway through Chapter 5, but we will see. I swear, we WILL get back to them at some point just...things happen]