- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The people have spoken. Long live democracy!

Tales of the New World Chapter 8: Elevation

                Tyler was held hostage. That was the best way he could describe it. Maybe not in the conventional sense; his life wasn’t on the line, but he was held prisoner, and his captor did want something, his silence. It had been all too easy for Sheila to carry Tyler to her desk at the back of the class. Smaller students were supposed to sit in the rafters above the main floor but that rule was rarely enforced especially in Mr. Larson’s advanced algebra. The class 2 professor’s curriculum was notoriously difficult and students often had to partner just to get through it. This unfortunately meant Tyler was forced to spend the entire forty-five minute class under Sheila’s direct supervision and Rain was left to suffer in the darkness and humidity of the giantess’ pocket.

                Was she dying? Rains heart pounded against her chest sending shockwaves throughout her body. She’d never felt this before and could only compare it to the vague knowledge she understood about heart attacks. Every inch of her body was numb yet simultaneously felt like it was on fire!  Her muscles itched and contracted as she suffered inside Sheila’s pocket. She pressed her fingers against the fabric but it wouldn’t give. She tried to scream but her throat was dry and all her efforts produced were dry panicked rasps. She needed water. She needed air.

                “Let her go.” Tyler repeated for seemingly the millionth time. It had become a mantra in the ever increasing moments he remained trapped on Sheila’s desk. She peered down at him an amused smile plastered across her face.

                “Can’t you say anything else?” She giggled.

                “She could be hurt!” Tyler argued breaking the string.

                “Relax Ty. She’s fine.” Sheila gave her hip a quick cautionary pat and could feel Rain wiggling about its confines. The girl was a fighter if nothing else. “This will be good for her, for the both of you.”

                “You can’t do this!” Tyler argued. “It’s not right.”

                “Isn’t it though?” Sheila justified. “She has to learn like every normal that there are consequences for her actions. She’s lucky I’m being so forgiving.”

                “Forgiveness for what she didn’t do anything wrong.”

                “Yes she did!” Sheila gritted. “And you don’t realize it but you’re doing it too.”

                “Doing what!?” Tyler spat in anger.

                “Disrespect!” Sheila revealed. “You act like you’re not a normal, like you can get away with whatever you want. There are people out there, even at this very school who won’t tolerate it. You need to learn you place if.” She cut herself off.

                “If what?!” Tyler pleaded.

                ‘It doesn’t matter.” Sheila dismissed. “You’ll get it eventually I’ll make sure of that.”

                “What about Rain?”

                “I’ll let her out at lunch.” Sheila hissed. “We can tell the teacher she told us she’d be late.”

 

                She was running out of oxygen. She had to be, why else would she be feeling so lightheaded. Rains vision started to blur and it felt like she was about to pass out. Her body still ached but she was growing tired from her exertions to address it. She closed her eyes. She just needed to ride this out. Sheila couldn’t keep her in here forever. Another jolt surged through her this one more intense than the last. Suddenly the walls of Sheila’s pocket closed in and Rain felt even more constricted. The pulsing continued, increasing its rhythm flushing her body with renewed energy. This only intensified the burning sensations as her skin felt like it was tearing itself apart. She couldn’t even find solace in rest her only choice was to continue clawing away at Sheila’s pocket for freedom.

                The bell finally rang signaling the end of first period. Tyler stared at Sheila in eager anticipation of Rains release.

                “Don’t look at me like that.” She chided. “I said lunch. She still has two classes to go.”

                Tyler fumed. His friend was stuck suffering and there was nothing he could do about it. He’d never in his life felt so insignificant, so helpless, so useless. Even worse he knew that no matter how bad he felt is must have been immeasurably worse for rain. He could see the bulge in the side of Sheila’s Levi’s as it shook about from her struggle. She was still fighting, still trying to escape.

                “She really has a lot of energy!” Sheila noted. “I’d figure she have fallen asleep by now.”

                “That’s because you’ve imprisoned her!” Tyler noted.

                “Hardly.” Sheila remarked. “I’ve given her the morning off. Now she doesn’t have to listen to Ms. Rummel  blather on in English.”

 

                The pain was subsiding. As Rain continued to wriggle what was once aching jolts and torturous spasms were being replaced with sudden bursts of energy. She wasn’t sure what was going on but she was now starting to enjoy it. Her body tingled begging for movement and she was starting to feel even more confined. The pocket she was in, the clothes she had on, even her skin felt like it was suddenly too tight, like it was holding her back. Nothing ever held her back! She tore at the fabric. She tore at her clothes. She tore at her skin! As she dug in her skin resisted she pressed her nails inward and it felt like she was digging into stone.  It wouldn’t give. Why wouldn’t it give? She had to be free soon. She wasn’t sure what she would do to herself if she wasn’t.

                Tyler wasn’t getting it.  He could tell by the look in his eye, at this moment he hated her. Sheila knew this would have to happen eventually but she hadn’t expected it to be like this. She hadn’t expected one of his friends to be involved, but hopefully that would make it sink in all the more. It was a hard lesson made harder by the fact his family probably treated him like an equal, but he had to learn his place before something horrible happened to him. She would never forgive herself if he got hurt. If that meant his ego gets a little bruised or a friend gets trapped in her pocket then so be it. She was willing to be the bad guy. He would get over it eventually.  

She turned her attention to her pocket it was still shaking. It felt like she had left her phone on vibrate. This Rain chick just didn’t’ know when to give up. She pressed her free palm against her pocket and was surprised to find resistance?

“What’s happening?” Tyler noticed from his perch on her shoulder. She paused in the hallway by her locker.

“She’s really putting up a fight in there. “ Sheila grunted she placed her books in her locker and used her other hand to increase the pressure. She didn’t want to hurt Rain but the girl wasn’t giving her much of a choice. “She’s stronger than she looks.”

Suddenly she felt a sting of pain as her pocket lunged outward smacking the palm of her hand. “Ouch!” Sheila squealed.

“What happened are you okay.” Tyler panicked.

“She-she actually hurt me.” Sheila gasped in disbelief. This wasn’t supposed to happen. She wasn’t supposed to fight this much, be this strong, It was almost as if? Sheila paused as it dawned on her. It couldn’t be possible. Why her? Why now? She had to act. She fumbled trying to unbutton the clasp when her entire body slammed abruptly into the locker. She used her hand to balance herself.

“What’s happening?!” Tyler repeated nearly shaken from his seat.

                “Don’t you get it she’s!” Sheila was slammed again this time knocking her completely off balance. This was the worst thing to happen as it caused Tyler to completely loose his footing and plummet to the ground. Her eyes went wide and timed seemed to slow down. Even as she was falling herself she extended a desperate hand toward him. She could catch him. She could save him! Then in an instant just as she felt her fingers graze his tiny body a blue flash hit him and he disappeared.

                Clarity, freedom, power, all these things rushed through Rain as she flew about Tyler tucked safely in her arms. His eyes were open in pure shock and she could see herself getting lost in those dark pools. He didn’t know. How could he? She hadn’t known until just a moment ago yet know it seemed so obvious.

                “Rain?” he whispered.

 

                Sheila landed on the floor with a hard thud. She kept her eyes closed to stop the tears and not face what had happened. She’d never expected this to happen and now Tyler was hurt if not worse and it was completely her fault. What had happened? She was a class 2 she should have had complete control of the situation. It was that girl! She’d elevated. To what she didn’t know, but she hoped it was only a class 1. It would be hard but she could handle a class 1, but if she was a class 2 she would be a threat . Suddenly she felt two feet land on her abdomen they were cold against her exposed mid drift. Then what felt like tiny footsteps walk across her torso up and over the curvature of her breasts. Was it Tyler? Had by some stroke of luck he landed on her body and not the hard death that floor.

                “Open your eyes.” She heard. “Face what has happened.”

                Sheila opened her eyes to a bright light. One brighter than the florescent ones that hung over the campus, her eyes had to adjust but soon a blurry figure came into focus. It was Rain the light was coming from her! It was the afterglow of an elevation, the residual energy from such a violent and traumatic transformation. The girl that stood before her was no longer the Rain Rodriguez that woke up this morning but something more. Like herself Rain had become part of the new world. Worst of all apparently she was a class 3.

                Rain stared at Sheila as she cradled Tyler in her arms. They made eye contact and for the first time she’d seen something in her eyes she’d never seen in any class 2. Fear. Fear of her, of the unknown power she now held that even she had yet to understand. It was an odd sensation. She should be the one scared. She was exposed, completely naked, it was clear that she had grown but Sheila a class 2 still towered over her, yet she’d never felt more powerful  or in control. There was so much she wanted to say and do. Punch her in the face, call her a bitch, use her as a dummy to test whatever this new power was she felt surging through her fingertips, but with this power came clarity and perspective. She knew now what Sheila had been trying to do and to her surprise part of her agreed with it. She couldn’t help it. She held Tyler her friend and he seemed so weak , so fragile, so normal. It was clear she would have a lot to adjust to but for now she only had four words for Sheila.

                “Stay away from us.” She ordered and to her surprise Sheila nodded in agreement. With that she held Tyler a little tighter she used her new power to float in the air then take off too wherever she wanted to go.

 

                As Rain flew away a flash of blue light trailed behind her all but confirming to Sheila that she had indeed elevated and to a class 3 of all things! This made things difficult. Sheila had no idea what Rain was now capable of. What she did next would be very important to her and Tyler’s future. She would have to wait and observe. She may have lost this battle but she wasn’t going to give up. She just had to wait for the right opportunity.

 

                “How long do you plan on staring.” Rain mused as Tyler inspected her new body mouth agape. She’d turned her back to preserve as much of her modesty as she could but she knew his face was red at the sight of her exposed backside.

                “You’re just so.. tall now!” Tyler observed.

                “Among other things.” She noted. Groping the newfound bust she was sporting. The growth wasn’t excessive as she was never really a busty girl but they just seemed enhanced like everything else.

                “What happens now?” Tyler asked.

                “I don’t know!” Rain expressed. “Nothing? Anything!”

                “Maybe find some clothes.” Tyler suggested.

                “Yeah I guess.” She laughed. “You don’t think people will be mad if I just go home?”

                “I don’t think anyone even knows you’re here?” Tyler pointed out. “Plus I think you’ve earned a day off.”

                “Yeah, Amanda didn’t show up for a week after she elevated. “ Rain smiled when she thought of how Amanda would react to the new her. What would she say when her once short friend was now almost eye level with her?

                “Oh Amanda!” Rain gasped.

                “Amanda what?” Tyler jumped startled by the sudden outburst.

                “I promised to go with her to visit her dad in the hospital!”

                “I think she’ll understand if you miss it.”

                “No!” Rain denied “I made a promise.”

                “I’m pretty sure they won’t let you in school let alone the hospital naked.” Tyler informed

                “Well then you’d better turn around.” Rain spoke.

                “Why?”

                “Just do it!” Rain commanded.

                Begrudgingly Tyler turned so they were facing back to back. Suddenly he felt her hands under his arms and he was lifted off the ground.

                “We’ve got to make this quick.” Rain spoke as she rose into the air. It was time to start testing what she could do.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Yeah so Rain's a class 3 now that legitimatley surpised me, because of the very nature of this sight I was sure class 2 would win by a landslide and poor class 1 no one loves you! :( 

This was fun to write and you can look forward to more interaction between Sheila and Rain in the battle for Tyler's soul!!!!! Or you know the chance to date him or whatever.