- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter just...man this chapter. Things happen. 

Tales of the New World Chapter 12: Seriously Dangerous

                Jack’s body rose and fell with the breath of his fiancé. He never could have imagined a time in his life that he’d be in the position he found himself in: neatly tucked between Liana’s warm cleavage as she slept.  Whatever this was, whatever this “tradition” of isolation they’d been through it had worked. His barriers and insecurities had been breached if not completely shattered. They could both walk around naked and neither would be the least bit embarrassed. One day they’d done exactly that. He had to admit he’d never felt closer to a women. In a way this was the most intimate relationship he’d ever had and as much as he hated the thought, in moments like this he could see building a life with her.

                He rose again as Liana took in another deep breath. He turned to look at her sleeping face. She looked so peaceful, so nice. It was a hard contrast to the person he knew she really was. Over the last three weeks as their physical intimacy grew their emotional connection stagnated. He was still very much against marrying her and she was still very much for it and of course there wasn’t much debate over who would get what they wanted. Even now as he rested snugly in her chest it wasn’t really because they enjoyed it, but yet another way she exercised control over him. Whatever pleasure either of them received was a rather confusing and contradicting side-effect, half the time he didn’t know if he loved or hated her but he couldn’t deny the truth. He was trapped.

                Suddenly Jack felt a weight in his groin and the incredible discomfort of a full bladder. He needed to relieve himself but wasn’t in the position to free himself.

                “Liana.” He yelled. “Liana!” his fiancé’s eyes flickered open. Luckily she was a light sleeper.

                “What?” She replied flatly.

                “I need to use the bathroom.” He blushed.

                “Then use the bathroom.” She stated evenly.

                Jack had to pause as his brain registered the information. “WHAT?!”

                Liana groaned. “You’re an adult. You don’t have to ask permission. You know where it is by now.”

                “I can’t get free!” Jack argued struggling in her warm confines.

                “Not my problem Jack.” She mused. “You’re a man I’m sure you’ll figure something out, but if you piss all over my nightie you won’t like the person I become.” She then closed her eyes and went back to sleep as a grin crept across her face.

                Jack yelled in frustration.  He thrashed and wiggled not gaining much for his efforts. Worse than that the pressure was building he knew he couldn’t hold out long. He pushed a hand against her flesh but it didn’t give bouncing back out almost as if it were made of rubber. He had no leverage and couldn’t find solid footing with his feet. Suddenly his world shifted and Liana turned on her side. The pressure that had constricted him on the sides now weighed down on him from the top.  He heard a loud yawn escape his captors lips. This wasn’t an accident. She was messing with him. What she didn’t realize was she’d also helped him. With the pressure redistributed he could now crawl his way to freedom. I would be slow going but hopefully he could hold on.

                Liana smiled to herself enjoying the tickle of Jack as he slowly wormed his way out of her cleavage. He picked up on things quickly. A small part of her wanted to help him but she rather enjoyed the power she had over him and the fact that even her modest pair was enough to completely immobilize him if she wished it. Soon enough his little head poked out the slit of her chest followed shortly by the rest of him. He looked up to meet her open eyes. He gave her a dissatisfied look that she returned with an evil wink. Then his eyes opened in remembrance and his hands went towards his groin he turned away sliding down the curve of her chest and unto the bed before rushing off. He was free of her but that was only the first part of his journey. She was eager to see how he managed to get off the bed.

                In his triumph and anger he’d almost for gotten his most immediate need. A light stream of hot urine trickled down his leg from his ineptness. He ran over the wrinkle of the satin sheets before coming to the edge of the bed. It was at least a 30 foot drop.

                “Shit!” he cursed before hearing a small giggle out the corner of his ear. Someone was getting off on this.

                “Don’t mess up my sheets little man.” He heard in a low tone.

                He looked down there was no way he was getting of this bed. Even if he did the bathroom was clear across the room, he was sure he couldn’t hold it that long. The liquid him pressed against his bladder like a flood. He paused closing his eyes and counting to ten. He had to think. He scanned the bed. There was nowhere to go. He turned again to Liana who had her eyes half opened as she watched him suffer alone. He made a silent plead with her. She shook her head a smiled. It was clear he’d get no help from her.

                “Maybe I will piss your sheets.” He threatened.

                Her eyes narrowed and with them a sudden chill spread through his body. That simple gesture was enough to snuff his brief defiance. He turned again toward the back rest. Her bed was next to a desk on top of which was a potted plant. It wasn’t ideal but hey any port in a storm. He ran up toward the back of the bed as fast as his legs could carry him. He tripped half way there and could feel another squirt escape him. Nothing major, but he hoped Liana didn’t notice. Soon he was up by her face and he stopped briefly to glare at her once more. She only poked her tongue at him before rolling over showing him her back. He huffed before running to the edge once more. He had to stop himself again. The desk was even height with  the bed but there was a gap between the two surfaces. It might have been small maybe a few inches to Liana but to Jack it was almost ten feet. He was in shape but no athlete and parkour was not a hobby of his. He could jump but if he missed it was almost certain death, but if he stayed and pissed Liana’s sheets he was sure he’d face something far worse than that. He groaned as he realized he had no other options.

He backed up a few paces before charging with all his might. He leaped forward and for a moment he glided thought the air almost flying. He was short and could feel the effects of gravity pull him down. He reached his hands out in desperation and to his surprise his fingers found purchase.  He lifted himself onto the cold wood of the dresser. He had survived! He laughed to no one in particular as he recovered from his brief brush with lady death.

                He didn’t have much time to celebrate his small victory as nature was still calling. He scurried over the rim of the potted plant landing in the moist dirt. He dropped his boxers and let go. He let out a deep sigh of relief. Sometimes it was almost better than sex…almost.

 

                He was a perfect match. Steve looked over the picture he held in his hand. It was of a dark haired young man with a boyish face and yellow eyes the name Jackson Tolli printed underneath.  He peered through the window at the man relieving himself in the oversized spider plant. They were twins. He’d heard of the Tolli’s, everyone had. They were one of the richest families in the world, rich enough to have enemies; powerful enemies. Or at least that’s what he figured. He wasn’t sure who had hired him but they had to have pretty deep pockets to get him out of jail. The deal was clear: kill Jackson Tolli and his record would be wiped clean. Steven Rotmer would disappear.

 

                Jack took a step backward in the afterglow of his bodily function. He’d almost felt weak. Soon his relief was replaced with anger and annoyance. This wasn’t funny at all. He had to figure out some way to gain control in this relationship or at least the illusion of it. But how does one earn the respect of a person the size of a building. He had to figure out something, the wedding was less than a week away! If he couldn’t find a way for her to treat him as an equal then what hope did he have?

 Suddenly he fell backward into something solid. Then a wire found its way around his throat. It tightened and he tried to gasp for air. Something was choking him! He couldn’t see hands around his throat he couldn’t see a person in the corner of his eye only a wire seemingly choking him on its own. He reached for it with both hands when he felt a force hit the back of his leg he fell to one knee and a weight descended on him. Someone was there. He could feel it. The wire tightened again and he could feel the blood rush to his head. Jack thrashed even as his strength left him. He gathered all his energy and thrust an elbow backward and to his surprise it hit something!?  He heard a grunt and saw an indent where whatever was trying to kill him had landed. Was this real? He didn’t believe in ghosts but in this new age anything was possible. He didn’t know what attacked him but he knew he didn’t want to find out.

Steve smacked himself. He’d been sloppy. He’d counted on his lack of visible presence to aid him in this little assassination but apparently that wasn’t enough and now his mark was off and running. He got back on his feet and chased after him. He could still salvage this. He spent the last week scouting for an opportunity to get this guy by himself and he wasn’t going to waste it.

Jack leaped off the plant landing on the desk with a hard thud. He had to get to Liana. He looked behind him and saw nothing. Would she even believe him if he told her what was happening? He didn’t even believe it himself. He looked forward her back was still turned.

“Liana!” he shouted. There was no response. “LIANA!” he reached the edge and was about to leap forward when he was yanked backward. Something fist like hit him square across the face. Then he felt something else knee him in the groin. He buckled in pain then the wire was back on him. He face hit the desktop hard and he felt a knee press against his back. Someone was there!

“Why are you doing this? Jack croaked.

“Nothing personal man.” He heard in a gravely monotone. “You just got in someone’s way.”

“Please stop th-!” he was cut off as the wire dug deeper into his throat. He could feel his eye bulge out of there sockets. This was it, he was dying. He had regrets. The last thing he saw before he faded was Liana’s back. She wouldn’t take this very well. He knew how much she hated it when things didn’t go her way. Then everything went dark.

A bright light filled the room hurting Jack’s eyes. Was this the stairway to heaven.

“Jack I swear if your shitting in my plant I’m going to be very upset with you!” he heard in Liana’s signature whine. Apparently he wasn’t quite dead yet as he could see her large form staring down at him with a confused look. He reached a hand out toward her but it fell to the ground.

                “Jack?” her eyebrows rose. “Are you okay?”

                He gasped his last breath.

`               “JACK!” She her hand toward him letting out a small peep as it collided with something.  Jack hacked and wheezed as he drew in life giving oxygen.

                “Jack what’s wrong.”

                “There’s…. someone here.” He choked trying to regain his composure. “I think….he’s invisible.”

                “Uh oh.” Steve said to himself. He went to make his escape but before he could a giant hand smacked him across the side as it swept across the desk.

                “I hit something!” Liana revealed.

                “It must be him!” Jack shouted. “The ghost killer!”

                Steve rose to his feet but the hand was on him again this time pinning him to the desk with amazing force. It felt like his body was being sat on by an elephant.

                “I think I’ve got him.” Liana revealed. She could feel something human underneath her palm and wrapped her hands around it.

                “Show yourself she ordered.”

                There was silence.

                “Now before I crush the life out of you!” She increased the pressure of her grip on the invisible mass and earned a pained scream for her efforts.

                “Okay okay!” Steve relented. Suddenly a naked man appeared in Liana’s grasp. He was tall and well-built with salt and pepper hair and lightly tanned skin.

                “Who sent you?” Liana asked. Her face was cold and even her eyes still; hiding the rage that brewed beneath.

                The man remained silent.

                “Who sent you?” she repeated. “I already know but I need to hear it.”

                “I-I cant.” Steve informed. “I don’t know! Two people came to my cell and gave me a picture saying kill Jackson Tolli and I’m a free man.”

                “And you went along with it?” Liana asked a bit of venom escaping with her words.

                “I had no choice.” Steve revealed. “They had pictures of me while I was in the joint, evidence of crimes they hadn’t charged me with. I-I was up for parole in a few years and if they showed those to the warden I’d be in there for the rest of my life! They offered me a chance and I took it.”

                “What’s your name?” Liana asked.

                “What!?”

                “I said what your name!” Liana repeated louder squeezing  Steve tighter.

                “STEVE!” he shrieked. “STEVE ROTMER!”

                “You’ve really fucked up Steven.” Liara revealed. She pointed a figure towards Jack who stared in awe at the events occurring before him. “He is my possession.” She stated.

                “Okay.” Steve agreed.

                “Do you know what happens to people who try to take my possessions away from me?”

                Steve’s face went pale.

                “I break them Steve.” She said calmly. She increased the pressure on him and he screamed. “I break them” She squeezed tighter. “I crush them.” Tighter. “I kill them.” Jack could hear bones crushing as Steve continued to writhe in agony.

                “Liana I think that’ s enough.” Jack spoke up.

                “YOU STAY OUT OF THIS!” she snapped her cool demeanor breaking for just an instant. Then she turned back to Steve and her eyes froze over again and the hauntingly calm expression returned.

                “Tell the person who hired you if he ever tries this again I’ll kill him with my bare hands.” She ordered.

                Steve nodded.

                “Better yet I’ll tell him myself.” A wicked smile crossed Liana’s face and in an instant she brought her hand down on the desk with a sickening crunch. A muffled cry was heard and she pressed down harder and it was instantly silenced. A pool of blood seeped from underneath her palm. She then used her other hand to reach for a tissue. She brought it to her palm and used to cover the body so Jack wouldn’t see it. She took another and wiped the remaining blood from her palm. She then wrapped the corpse in more tissue until all that was left of Steven Rotmer was  wrapped in tissue and tossed out the window like forgotten trash.

                Jack remained frozen. He wasn’t sure what to say.

                “Are you alright darling?” Liana asked. “He didn’t hurt you did he?”

                Jack could only shake his head still numb from what he just witnessed.

                “Okay but I still want the maids to check you out in the morning.” She pressed her lips against the top of his head before turning off the light. “Come back to bed when you’re ready.”  She then laid back and drew the covers over her before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Holy shit she just killed that guy! O_O ....I wonder who Steven Rotmer even was?

We have a lot of people we could check on after this. Rain, Tyler, Dave and Amanda, Mary and Emily,  Greg and Ramona, Jack again. Who would you be interested in seeing. I'm not saying it will effect anything but I just want to know who's popular.