- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter ends the long introduction hope you'll like it ;)
As first period started the small group of students made their way into their first engineering class of the day with the rest of their peers. Steven sat towards the back with Sandra (He used to sit at the front but had changed that habit with his recent mood). Sandra would always decide to sit next to Steven because she didn't like sitting near Jessica and Brian who were at the middle of the classroom looking at each other. Steven completely understood Sandra's feelings about sitting next to that loving duo as it would get very awkward when the two were placed next to each other. Even now the two weren't even speaking but merely looking at each other as if they were having sex or at the very least undressing each other with their eyes.

"What is wrong with them?" Sandra asked, leaning over to Steven to whisper. "Do you think they're just using this as a cover to conceal the fact that they're actually going out?"

Steven merely grunted his response and didn't even turn his head to look at her. Sandra rested back in her seat with a concerned look as she eyed Steven. Her eyes were slowly boring into his head before he finally looked over at her "What?" He asked exasperated .
"Oh, nothing. I'm just watching as my close friend transforms into an asshole before my eyes"
"What do you mean?" He asked confused.
"Well, you've haven't been coming to school anywhere near enough. You've been skimping out on your work and you've practically shut out your friends from your life. Every time we give you a call to meet us at the pub or the movies you say the same damn thing." Uh, I don't feel like going out" *Click*" She said in a deep voice pretending to be him. "What gives"

Steven was so close to just saying that he had the shrinking virus but before he could utter a word the teacher strolled into the room. Mrs Vivian Willes was a tall, attractive brunette in her late twenties who was as smart as she was hot. Along with her looks she had a caring and compassionate personality and would always go the extra mile to help a student and it was her job to teach the theory side of their engineering course.

"O.k, listen up boys and girls, geniuses and dunces I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that there is plenty of time for you guys to study and do you best on your yearly exam to try and get as many points as you can. I say this because the bad news is that almost all of youse failed the homework assignment"

This news was received with a resounding groan from the classroom as everyone's mood dropped like weights in water. Many students began to slouch in their seats or drop their heads in shame as they guessed how badly they did. Although Steven knew he probably didn't get a good mark he wasn't as frightened as the rest of the class. I guess knowing that your life is practically ruined makes you realize just how small normal problems are.

"I know right uu~gh" The teacher mock groaned back at the class "It must be so hard to find out you did poorly when you put no effort into it. Do you know how bad it felt grading these and groaning every time a saw a fatal mistake in your calculations. Cringe worthy, I say, Cringe worthy"

"Well, not to be mean" Brian said, tearing him away from Jessica's eyes "But theory work is just boring. Seriously, I know how to do the practical work. Give me some plans and I'll build what's on it but the mathematics side of it is just annoying"

"Well that attitude explains your results Brian" Vivian
said as the class started laughing "But seriously. Engineering isn't about building things only. Most of the work you have to do is mathematical theory work, trying to calculate exactly how to build something. One simple mathematical mistake could mean the difference between a fully functioning bridge and a bridge which collapses after a year" The teacher picked up the pile of papers and walked about the class "Every one of the students in the class can ace this course if only they try. You wouldn't have been accepted if you couldn't"

"Except for you, Micheal" She said handing back a paper to a student "You might want to seriously consider another field of study" The student deflated as he looked at his big red zero on his page. She continued around the class. "I'm very impressed with you Jessica"

The teacher handed back Jessica's paper as she yelled with glee upon receiving 18/20. "Holy shit I did it!"
"How the hell did you get that mark?" Brian asked, leaning over to look.
"I just imagined you Half naked and sweating while you said the equations to me '2a + 2b over 4ac squared'" She said in a seductive tone "That's how I remembered the answers"
"Damn, I am good."
"Well, if only the fantasy lived up to reality" Vivian said as she slapped down Brians results with a big red 9/20 "Guess you aren't as good as you thought" She joked.
"Weren't you listening Miss? Obviously I failed this test as I was too busy sexually penetrating her head half naked. I should get a retest" 
"Maybe you can tutor your boyfriend to increase his results" She said to Jessica
"She's not my girlfriend"
"He's not my boyfriend" They said simultaneously
"Oh, I'm sorry" Vivian said sarcastically "Have you two already got married? And I wasn't invited?" She finished her conversation and continued handing out the test results to the rest of the class. Finally she approached Steven who was leaning back on his chair with his eyes shut trying to get some sleep. Picking up his test she slapped him on the back of the head with it to wake him up.
"Ow" He exclaimed, rubbing his head.
"Sorry, thought I saw a fly. Didn't mean to wake you" Steven merely grunted in result "Now steven, I looked over your test twice and I know for a fact you can do better" She placed the test in front of him so he could see his mark. 12/20. "You're the head of the class when it comes to results and yet you've been rapidly falling the past few weeks. Is there anything that's wrong?"
"No" He said shortly as he rolled up his paper and put it in his bag. He didn't really care about his mark at all he just didn't want to have to look at it. "Just going through some things"
"Well, I'll like to see you at the end of class O.k?"

She walked away to hand out the rest of the tests before resuming class. Brian turned around and whispered to Steven. "O~hh, Stevie, I want you to stay at the end of class to talk about your results." He said in a sexy impersonation of the teacher implying she had other motives. "Huh, huh? Am I right?"
Steven just looked at him for a while before blankly saying "No"

The class was mostly pointless to Steven as he didn't care what the teacher had to say. He did find this time quite useful to try and catch up on some of the sleep he had been missing but was would be woken moments later by an annoyed Sandra. Finally the session finished and everyone filed out of the room leaving only Steven and the tall Miss Willes. As she approached Steven noticed just how gigantic she looked while he was sitting down and knew that things would only get worse from now on. The teacher was always quite large, taller than him in fact, but now she just looked intimidating.

Steven caught a few glimpses as her amazing legs, clad in a black skirt and nylons with 1 inch high heels. He could stare at those legs all day but quickly avoided his gaze before she noticed. He didn't want her to think he was some kind of creep or anything. Finally she stood above him as she started to speak.

"Steven, I want to discuss your results. I am really concerned about your future because you're practically throwing it away now. You're practically a genius and get top marks with everything you do and yet lately it's as if you don't even care"

He got up out of his chair but immediately regretted it when he saw the height comparison between himself and Vivian. He quickly began to walk around the room so that he wouldn't have to look at her "I'm fine. Just a few things going on in my life"

"What kind of things"
"Personal things" He said almost angrily. She shouldn't be delving into his personal life like that. 
" Like what?"
"Like stuff you can't understand!"
"Oh, well in that case I guess I can't help you" She said sarcastically "No-one can help you and your impossible to understand problem"
"It isn't a joke" He stopped moving and looked at her from across the room. "You can't help me. No-one can"
"Then what's the problem with at least letting me try?" She had a sincere voice that pleaded to let her help him.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course"
"What do you think about ... About Shrinkers?" He averted his eyes from her. He knew what her stance on Shrinkers were. The same as everyone else's of course.
"What about Shrinkers? They're people. People with disabilities but people none the less. After all, amputees have disadvantages, people with mental conditions have disadvantages and I don't think less of them. Why do you want to know what I think about shrinkers?"
Steven was genuinely shocked. He didn't know anyone who actually thought of shrinkers of equal people before. One look into her eyes and he knew that she was telling the truth. "But why? What makes them people? They're just ... Insects. Playthings. Why would you think of them as anything else?"
"That's a horrible way of thinking about a group of people. The way society and today's culture sees shrinkers is very racist and you shouldn't adopt that way of thinking. Shrinkers aren't lessers"
"No, I didn't mean that Shrinkers were less than other people" Steven paused. Was that true? Did he think of Shrinkers as people or just things that were doomed to die. He use to respect his father until he became a shrinker, was it because he became so submissive or was it because Steven no longer saw him as a man? Even that girl he met earlier. He didn't even bother remembering her name. After all, why would he, she was just ... A shrinker.
"Steven" Vivian was standing in front of Steven clicking her fingers to wake him up from his daze "Hello, you with me?" Steven looked up at her as he just had a mental revolution.
"I'm sorry, I have to go" He said as he picked up his bag and walked from the room "Thank you, though. You've helped me realize what has been bugging me" He then strolled from the room, his mind filled with new thoughts.

As he left, Vivian noticed how much smaller he looked and easily put two and two together. With a sad look on her face she hoped she helped enough because there really wasn't much else she could do.

Steven felt strange, like some kind of weight had been lifted from his soul. he finally figured out his emotions and why he was feeling them. True, his depression was caused by the shrinking virus and his knowledge of what was to come but it was the anger that was controlling his life. He was so angry at everything and didn't know why until he finally realized it was because he hated shrinkers. He thought of them as lesser people and didn't even know it and so he had started hating himself because he was a shrinker.