- Text Size +

At 2:13PM, a few states away from the initial site that Dr. Elizabeth Monica appeared on, Bradley Peterson was, ironically, celebrating his thirtieth birthday.

 

            It wasn’t as miserable as the one three years ago. So far, he hadn’t gotten drunk and passed out in the middle of a public park in the midst of the night. And he hoped that it wouldn’t have to come to that later on in the evening. He was a little on edge because he was already three years into his thirties. Seven short years and he’d be forty and that was practically middle aged! And then he remembered that most people only lived to be eighty or ninety, which meant he was practically middle aged now! It was thoughts such as these that kept Bradley’s mood down and made him want to drink heavily.

            It was thus good that he wasn’t alone that night. Sarah LaFleur, Todd McFinnley, Randy Fredrickson, Kevin Ward, and Alfred Bowden; his friends from what they all referred to as the “Arell Incident”, had come to celebrate with him. The only person from the group that was Colonel Edgar Stark, the retired army commander, who had tried to tackle a woman who was way over ten times his size. Peterson couldn’t say that he necessarily missed Stark all that much. Their interactions had been less than amicable throughout their whole relationship. But the others he was quite happy to see, and Sarah made sure to keep him from drinking himself to death.

            The party was simple, but fun. A simple get together at Bradley’s apartment. They played games, talked, ate, put up with Kevin and his wise cracking. So far, nobody had made any mention of Arell or that whole affair, which Bradley was glad for. He wasn’t sure he would completely get over the events of those few days, having almost died a few times in the midst of it all. Though she was physically gone, Arell still remained in Bradley’s thoughts and in his dreams where she held him prisoner once again, smiling that devious smile as she had some sinister scheme in store for him. He tried to remind himself that Arell had not truly been evil, but had been a passionate person from a different culture and had been driven over the edge by the terrors she had seen performed by the “Earthies” she observed. Stark, in the few conversations Peterson had had with him since Arell had left, maintained that the giant lady was still the enemy of Earth, and that she should not be trusted. Bradley would then point out that she had left the planet alone and, for three whole years so far, had not been heard from, thus proving that she had kept her promise. Stark was not convinced.

            Right now, everyone at the party were finishing up a meal of hamburgers that Bradley had cooked on the grill of his patio. Ward had gone to the living room to watch television while the rest ate in the small kitchen. Sarah had talked about how she was soon to be Mrs. McFinnley, though Todd suggested that she keep her last name, feeling that his own was too silly sounding.

 

            “Hell,” Todd said. “I think I’d rather swap my last name with yours.”

 

            “Oh really?” Sarah asked, smiling.

 

            “Well yeah,” He replied. “Todd LaFluer sounds much better to me than Sarah McFinnley.”

 

            “They both sound fine to me,” Bradley said, grinning. “When are you two going to hold the ceremony?”

 

            “Two months from now…at the end of August,” Sarah said, holding Todd’s hand. “We’re thinking of inviting you, Bradley.”

 

            “Just as long as Stark doesn’t come, I’m in,” Peterson joked.

 

            “Well…” Todd said.

 

            Sarah nudged him. “Let’s just say that we haven’t made our minds about him yet. Randy’s going to play some music during it.”

 

            “Yeah?” Bradley asked, turning to Randy.

 

            “Yeah,” Fredrickson nodded. “I wanted to play my violin for the whole thing and Sarah said that would be great. I’ve got Kevin and Alfred to hook up the speakers for it.”

 

            “Kevin manage to get his store back up?” Bradley asked, remembering that it had been destroyed during Arell’s last visit.

            “Yeah, it’s back up.” Alfred said. “I’m not sure how he managed to do it, though. I think he and his dad worked something out. But, yeah, he’s back to selling his comics.”

 

            “Well that’s good,” Peterson said. “What about you, Fred? What are you up to these days?”

 

            “Waiting for Todd to pay me the money that he owes me,” Fred said, simply.

 

            “For Christ’s sake, are you ever going to let that go!?” Todd cried, turning towards him.

 

            “No.”

 

            “Wait, what’s this?” Bradley asked.

 

            “Four years ago,” Todd started. “I forgot my wallet when we were out at lunch and I asked Fred to pay for me. I owed him six dollars, and when I finally got a five dollar bill I gave it to him, and…”

 

            “You still owe me a dollar.” Fred said pointedly.

 

            “It’s a dollar, Fred!” Todd cried. “What can you buy with a dollar!?”

 

            “Doesn’t matter,” Bowden replied. “A dollar’s a dollar.”

 

            “The worst part is that he’s serious,” Todd complained. “He seriously wants it so bad that he won’t shut up about it.”

 

            “Well…” Bradley grinned. “Give the man his dollar.”

 

            “I don’t have a dollar!” Todd said. “I usually don’t have cash. I just use my card to pay for things. And every time I do have cash I forget to save the one dollar to give him.”

 

            “That’s your fault,” Fred said.

 

            “Shut up,”

 

            “Give me a dollar.”

 

            “SHUT UP!”

 

            “Holy shi…hey guys!” Kevin Ward suddenly called from the TV room. “You guys gotta see this! Something huge is going down…and just in advance, no pun intended!”

 

            “What is it?” Bradley called back.

 

            “I think they’re back!” Ward shouted.

 

            Everyone froze at that. For a brief moment everyone at the table sat and stared at each other. Then, they jumped from their seats and ran into the next room where Kevin sat on the couch. Bradley was temporarily eased when he saw the awed grin on Ward’s face, thinking perhaps it was just another of the man’s practical jokes.

 

            But then he looked at the television screen.

 

            Nobody needed to ask what Kevin meant by “they’re back”.

 

            The headline on the live footage suggested it too: “Avakonians returned?”, it read. And Bradley could see why, for on the screen was a woman in a red body suit, sort of similar to the one that Arell had been wearing, though not as fancy looking at all. Peterson felt his heart begin to race in his chest. He suddenly felt that he was not ready for this. He was not ready to deal with the people of Avakon yet. Why did they have to come back now? Why couldn’t they just stay away and do things on their own goddamn planet!? He realized that he was starting to think like Stark…

 

            “No…they can’t…” Todd whispered. “They can’t come back…no…not again…”

 

            “Oh my god…” Sarah gasped softly. “Look how big she is…the chopper recording this has to be MILES away from her to get a good shot!”

 

            “Is she as big as Arell, you think?” Kevin asked.

 

            “Are you fucking kidding!?” Todd shot. “Look at her, you idiot! She’s fucking MASSIVE! I think the chopper pilot might be in a whole other STATE just to get a whole view of her! Jesus Fucking Christ!”

 

            “Arell was big…” Sarah agreed, her voice wavering. “But no way she was that big. This woman…she has to be over a few thousand feet!”

 

            “More than that!” Randy spoke up. “She’s gotta be over four miles tall! I…I can’t even tell! She’s too fucking big! If she’s one of the Avakonians…”

 

            “We’re fucking screwed!” Todd finished for him, running a hand through his hair. “We barely stood a chance against Arell, and she wasn’t even a quarter of this one’s height! I don’t think Arell would even come up to this woman’s ankle!”

 

            It was at this point that the giant woman turned towards the camera on the news chopper. She had the appearance of a woman in her late twenties, her hair was red and short, tied in a bun, and she wore glasses. The zipper of her suit had been pulled down, exposing her…

            “Boobs…” Kevin Ward whispered to herself.

 

            “Maybe she’s not an Avakonian…” Bradley said.

 

            “How can she not be!?” Todd shot at him. “Do you know of any other source of incredibly huge people!?”

 

            “No,” Peterson admitted. “But that’s a pretty DRASTIC size difference. Arell is nowhere near that size. There’s no way that the Avakonians can have a lot of their own kind that are that size! How would the even begin to think about keeping up with them!”

 

            “I don’t know, but there’s still no where else she could be from!”

 

            “Does it even matter!?” Randy asked. “Either way…there’s a mega huge lady stomping along the country! What on Earth is ANYONE going to be able to do about her!?”

 

            “What will the nations of the world be able to indeed…” Kevin said. “For what force can compare to the might…of GeekZilla!”

 

            “Shut up, Kevin,” Todd said.

 

            “No, seriously,” Ward went on. “There’s a comic book series that’s about this really hot, nerdy science lady who…”

 

            “SHUT UP, KEVIN!” Everyone shouted at him.

 

            On the screen…the woman was now on her hands and knees as she examined a nearby city…

 

 

            “Some growing mushrooms, perhaps…?” Dr. Elizabeth Monica mused to herself as she examined the small patch of something. At first glance they looked like little rocks, but she wasn’t entirely sure. She was in a very strange place…so maybe it was some strange kind of vegetation?

 

            Lizzy leaned forward and brought her nose close to the patch. She took a deep breath. A large chunk of the city suddenly disappeared up the woman’s nostrils, with people, debris, cars and anything else being sucked up the nasal cavities as if they were a massive vacuum. Several people and other debris got tangled in the massive forest of Lizzy’s nose hairs, but several more were pulled all the way down into her lungs, with others dripping down the back of the throat and winding up either in the rear of her mouth or going down her esophagus and into the massive cavern that was her stomach.

 

            When Lizzy pulled away from the city again, a noticeable gap was now visible.

 

            “Oh…interesting…” She said. “They’re not any kind of vegetation. I think I actually inhaled some of whatever it is…its weak whatever it is.”

 

            Carefully, she lowered her head on the ground along side the patch, looking at it from the side. After a moment…she thought she noticed something.

 

            “Ah…” She gasped softly. She squinted and focused as hard as she could. “From this angle…if I didn’t know better, I’d say that it almost looks like…like a…” Her eyes widened. “Oh my god! It is! It’s…it’s city! A tiny city! I can just barely see it! I can just make out the skyscrapers! My god!”

 

            Lizzy lifted her head and looked straight down at the city with the wondering sparkling eyes of a child: full of awe and curiosity. It wasn’t her imagination, she was sure of it. She could see the buildings just ever so slightly when she really focused. She could see the reflector windows on the skyscrapers and the large antennas and satellite dishes that some of them had. There was not a doubt in her mind that what she was beholding was nothing short of the tiniest city that she had ever laid eyes on.

 

            And where there was a city, she thought, there is bound to be a populace.

 

            She leaned forward, wanting to view the tiny denizens of the city first hand.  In her eagerness, she got careless as her breasts, which had made deep chasms in the ground as she had laid on them to examine the city, now scraped the Earth as she moved forward. Within a few seconds, several more blocks of the city were wiped from the face of the planet, along with the people who were unfortunate enough to inhabit the area. Lizzy, eventually, noticed this and quickly pulled away. By that time, a little more than half of the city had been destroyed.

 

            “I’ll have to be more careful,” Dr. Monica said to herself in a dreamy voice. “Where ever I have ended up…there is life living her. This can’t be Earth, since everything is so radically different in size. But then…where could I be?” She looked down at the city again, eyeing the damage she had done. “I guess I’ve already done quite a bit of damage…poor things. They must be absolutely terrified.” She smiled. “But oh my…a city…in a new world, perhaps a new dimension…this is unprecedented! I’ve discovered a new dimension, with real intelligent life! Oh…OH! This has to be worthy of a Nobel prize!” She was laughing a little now, becoming giddy with excitement.

 

            Inside Lizzy’s chest, her heart began to pick up speed, egged on by her spinning brain. The soft beat of the woman’s heart already sounded like a bomb going off over and over again, but as the beats became harder and faster, it sounded as if a mad bombing run that included several packs of TNT was continuously going off. The pulsations shook the city’s foundation, and while they were nothing compared to the woman’s footsteps, they wobbled the already tortured buildings, causing several of them to collapse. People and cars were bouncing in the streets in sync to the heart’s rhythmic beating.

            Just as people began to think the worst had come, a tickle manifested inside Lizzy’s nose.

 

            “Uh oh,” She said as a glazed look came into her eyes. “I think I’m guh….I…I…I think I’m guh…guh-nuh…huh…uh….ah…aaaahhh….I’m guh-nuh-ha…ha….haaaaaaahhhhh…” Her head dipped back and her mouth yawned open, her eyes squeezing shut behind her spectacles. “CHOOO!”

 

            She shot forward again. Her hand didn’t make it in time cover her mouth and nose, and a powerful spray of saliva and mucus came shooting forth towards the city like a missile. The gust blew away whatever remained of the already mostly ruined city. The spit and mucus coated everything in slimy gooey mess and several cars and people who had been in Lizzy’s nose and sinuses were not shot right back out and were cannonballs that exploded on impact.  

 

            “Ugh…bless me,” Dr. Elizabeth Monica said softly, rubbing her nose with a finger. When she opened her eyes, she saw the ruined city. “Ooooh…that’s not good.” She leaned forward and surveyed the destruction. “I…doubt anything could have survived that…” Pausing to look at the city for one last moment, Lizzy got back to her feet, rubbing her nose as she did. “I’ll need to be extremely careful. Any casual move I make could result in complete destruction of one of their settlements. If I’m going to take a sample of the population home…I’m going to make sure they survive.”

 

            Dr. Monica glanced down to where the city had been. She suddenly got an appreciation for how small the denizens of this universe truly were. Standing at her fully height, she couldn’t even see where the city HAD been. Everything here was almost microscopic. She doubted that she’d even be able to see the population of this universe without the aid of a magnifying glass…or better yet, a microscope.

 

            “I need to keep an eye for another settlement,” She mused. “I’ll take a sample of them so that I can study them later! Once I get back home, I’ll make history!”

 

            Lizzy began to walk, keeping an eye on the ground to make sure that she didn’t miss anything that was another population of the tiny denizens of this universe.

 

 

            “Did you see that!?” Todd cried. “She just flattened an entire city!”

 

            “With her boobs, no less!” Kevin added. “That’s GeekZilla for you!”

 

            “Is the military going to do anything about this?” Alfred asked.

 

            “What CAN the military do about this?” Bradley said. “There’s not a bomb in the world big enough to take her out!”

 

            “We’ll need to keep track of her movements,” Sarah spoke up. “As long as we know where’s she’s going, we should be able to…”

 

            And, as if on cue, the ground began to shake, silencing Sarah before she could even think of what else she was going to say.