- Text Size +

The base in New York state was full of dislocated and scared people of all backgrounds. Large tents had been erected in long rows, and people were making their own makeshift homes away from home. For Sarah, it was always heart breaking to see so many people huddled in a refugee camp, their lives destroyed and only managing to have their mementos and, if they were lucky, the ones they loved. For most of her life, she had heard of these places existing due to war, hazardous weather, or something along those lines. It was almost absurd to think that something like a refugee camp was being created due to a giant woman…

            Colonel Stark lead them off the chopper and then faced them.

 

            “Alright, kids,” He said. “This is where we part ways. I’ll send some people over to take care of you and getcha squared away. I may be wrong, but I believe food will be distributed at…”

 

            “Wait, why are you leaving us here?” Sarah interrupted. “We can’t just sit here and do nothing.”

 

            “I already told you, kid,” Stark replied. “There’s nothing that can be done right now about Bradley. He’s one man in trouble out of millions.”

 

            “I understand that,” Sarah said. “But I can’t just sit here and do nothing while my friend is in danger. I want to help, and anything that I can do to solve the problem just might end up saving Bradley. We’ll never know unless we try!”

 

            “That’s very noble and all that,” The Colonel waved this away. “But you’re a civilian. Let the people who have experience and know what they’re doing handle this.”

 

            “Hey, we have as much experience as you,” Randy pointed out. “We were with you the entire time that Arell was trying to take over the planet. In fact, if it weren’t for us, you probably wouldn’t have the ‘experience’ that you have!”

 

            “Be that as it may…” Edgar Stark began.

 

            “And besides,” Todd spoke up. “You don’t even know what you’re doing! You said that much just a few minutes ago!”

 

            “We may not have all the pieces of the puzzle,” Stark said. “But bringing on a bunch of kids with no training whatsoever in military strategy or planning is not going to benefit anyone.”

 

            “What if we enlisted?” Kevin Ward said.

 

            “We don’t accept morons like you,” The Colonel snapped at.

 

            “Really?” Ward replied. “That’s not what I remember.”

 

            “What’s that supposed to mean!?” Stark barked.

 

            “You must be coming down with Alzheimer’s or something, old man,” Kevin grinned. “Either that or you just suffer from standard shitty old man memory syndrome.”

            “Don’t get smart with me, boy!” The Colonel snapped.

 

            “When we were in New York City,” Kevin said. “You went around and recruited as many random people that you could get your hands on just so you could wave your dick in front of Arell and make her think you were the big man in town. Most of those guys probably had no experience, but you okay with that then. Have you forgotten? Might I suggest Luminosity? I hear it’s great for keeping memory in working order.”

 

            “Shut up, you shithead,” Stark growled. “That was different. That…”

 

            “What!?” Kevin laughed. “How was that any different!? Giant woman then, giant woman now. Yeah, REAL different.”

 

            “That oversized, self-righteous bitch was taking over the planet!” Stark said. “The military was even following her every whim like a fucking dog. I had to take drastic measures to turn things around!”

 

            “And you did a great job,” Kevin nodded. “How long did it take Arell to beat you? Two seconds? One? Half that?”

 

            “I don’t remember you coming up with anything useful, you disrespectful fuck!”

 

            “That was then, though,” Ward said. “This is now.”

 

            “Oh please,” The Colonel rolled his eyes. “Are you telling me YOU know how to stop that giant egghead.”

 

            “Naturally,” Kevin said. “You see, in the comic series, GeekZilla is a science teacher who gains the ability to grow when she is exposed to radiation. Gotta love old comic clichés, ya know? Anyway, the first time she grows, she goes crazy and smashes buildings and towns because she’s stressed out and the military is trying kill her. Eventually though, her father, a scientist, gets her attention and she later learns to unshrink herself and she becomes a force for good.”

 

            There was a pause.

 

            “What the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING!?” Stark barked.

 

            “Well, our GeekZilla doesn’t know what’s going on either,” Ward explained. “So, we have to get her attention. Then, when we have it, we bring her up to speed with what’s happened, and then, she’ll stop stomping on things, she’ll put the town back in place, and then we get Bradley back and everyone wins.”

 

            “Nice plan,” The Colonel said. “But how do you intend to get her attention? The woman is over seven miles tall. We’re too small for her to even see, let alone hear. And, if she decides to become unreasonable, how do you plan to contain her?”

 

             “One does not simply ‘contain’ GeekZilla, old man,” Kevin said. “In fact, I’d say it’s probably impossible. But she won’t do anything crazy. Why would she? What? You think that just because she’s all of a sudden a giant that she’s going to become a full homicidal maniac just like that? I mean, really?”

 

            “It may sound odd,” Stark admitted. “But we have to think about all possibilities. If she were to become careless, emotionally overwhelmed, stressed, her actions could be devastating.”

 

            “Her height doesn’t seem to be devastating her now…” Todd pointed out.

 

            “Doesn’t matter,” Edgar replied. “The point is, we’ve thought of trying to get her attention already. And the basic answer is this: we want her restrained in some way. We don’t want her to be able to move freely. She’s a major hazard of unfathomable scales and no matter how she responds to discovering she’s still on Earth that’s not going to change. That’s why we’re looking at options that involve rendering her unconscious or discovering her research to reverse her size. One plan that does both, optimally. She’ll have to be put down when she’s back to her normal size…”

 

            “You’re going to execute her!?” Sarah cried.

 

            “Of course,” Stark said. “Is that a surprise? Look at the damage she’s done! The people she’s terrified! The people she’s killed! If we don’t kill her first, I’d imagine that an angry mob is going to lynch her!”

 

            “But she hasn’t done anything wrong!” Sarah replied. “This whole thing has been a big mistake! And besides, what’s killing her going to do?”

 

            “Solve a huge PR problem,” The Colonel said. “If we don’t do something, the public is going to think that the government is responsible. They want little to do with this mess as possible, so once they figure out how to fix it, they’re going to punish everyone involved. Like or not, that’s the way it’s going to be.”

 

            Sarah was quiet.

 

            “Look,” Todd said. “Right now, the best way may be to go with Kevin’s plan.”

 

            “How do you figure that?” Stark asked.

 

            “What on Earth are you going to use to knock a seven mile tall woman unconscious?” Todd asked. “And even if you find something, what happens if she collapses? What if she falls on another city…or on top of you guys? And then, you’ll just have seven miles of woman taking up space? And what if she wakes up before you can do anything? It all won’t work. Right now, our best hope is to just grab her attention, and pray that she’s going to comply with us.”

 

            Stark thought for a moment. The kid had a point, one that had already been addressed in a few ways in earlier meetings. Really, there was no option that anybody could really find a lot of satisfaction with. Either way, there was a major problem or concern. Not surprising, because it was a major situation, but it just cleared the floor for pointless back and forth debates that go nobody anywhere. This was one of those times where you had to take action despite what the consequences may be and just hope for the best. A Hail Mary moment if you will.

 

            “Alright…” He said. “If you kids are so insistent, then fine. I’ll let you help. I’ll even go with Kevin’s little scheme here. But it better work. There’s going to be hell to pay if it backfires and it gets out that I let a bunch of civilians make plans. But…I trust you guys…well, some of you.” He glared at Kevin. “Alright, Ward…what do we need to pull off this plan of yours?”

 

 

            Dr. Elizabeth Monica was sitting on the ground, her legs tired from walking for some time. So, she decided to rest for a moment and, again, inspect her sample of the population. Or at least tried to.

 

            No matter how hard she focused, she just could not make out the tiny beings that lived in the little colony that she was holding. At best, she sometimes thought she could see specks, but she wasn’t sure if that was them, or some kind of debris, or just her imagination. It wasn’t too surprising, really. Some of the buildings were hard to see themselves. She rotated the little colony a few times, trying a many new angles to look, but none of them helped.

 

 

            The town had gone to hell.

 

            Bradley had somehow managed to wobble his way further towards the town, but all he came across was absolute madness. Cars were rolling around every which way, some buildings were on fire or falling apart. The ones that had remained standing were straining to hold on. And the people were still panicking…but in an eerily silent way. People were simply running, driving, biking, or in some way fleeing, but with no where to really go, they were going in circles. There seemed to be no teams, no bands of survivors. Just every man and woman for themselves. Some children were even running, without a parent in sight, down the street as fast as they could.

 

            Up in the sky was nothing except the massive face of GeekZilla, who was bringing her eyes close to the town, apparently trying to get a good look at something. It didn’t seem to matter to the people anymore. They only wished to get back on solid ground so that they could continue their flight. But with the giant red head continuously spinning the town around, everyone kept falling over like bowling pins only to get right back and keep running and then topple down again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

            Bradley himself wasn’t sure where he was going. Originally, he was just going back to his apartment, but he didn’t think it would be anymore safe there than anywhere else on this flying rock. He needed a plan. A way to get out of this mess. But there was no way. There was a seven mile drop to the ground below and GeekZilla didn’t seem to have any interest in putting them back where they belong.

            With the way she was holding the town, some people thought that they could take advantage of the woman’s ample cleavage to escape. They figured that the woman’s bosom would be a soft enough landing and then they could work their way down. Most of these attempts, despite the large target, missed and plummeted to their deaths. Those who actually did make were unfortunate to discover that the fall was still plenty lethal.

 

            “Guys…” Bradley thought of his friends. “I hope you guys are alright…and if you are…I could really use a hand…I…HOLY SHIT!”

 

            Suddenly, a mass crunching sound filled the air as…

 

 

            …part of the town broke apart from her finger turning the town to hard. It wasn’t too bad, but a sizeable chunk split from the rock that she was holding and plummeted right down to her chest and landed between her bosom, sending tiny debris flying.

 

            “Oh, rats,” Elizabeth Monica sighed.

 

            She placed the town down and reached between her breasts to extract the chunk. Once it was out, she tossed it aside and looked down at her chest again. There was still some dust and bits sitting atop her flesh, and perhaps some of the beings that lived in this dimension. If they managed to survive the fall, at least.

            Rather than simply brush the bits off, Lizzy leaned forward and, with one index finger, guided them down her breasts. She took hold of the cups of her bra and pushed some of the remains inside. Her bra would be on snug enough to make sure that it would keep the bits inside. She had to preserve what she could and this suit didn’t have pockets.

 

            Not far from where the massive GeekZilla was sitting, Kevin’s plan was almost ready to launch…literally.

 

            His plan was simple…a large quantity of fireworks had been collected, which were intended to draw her attention. Night was beginning to fall, which would make the bursts more visible. When she came over to investigate, they would try to show her some signal to show that she was still on Earth. The signal was a very large American flag, something that she would easily recognize, and it was bright and conspicuous. If all went well, she would realize where she was and would hopefully try to communicate with everyone, or at least put the town down and stop fucking stomping around on everything and anything.

 

            “What in the hell is she doing?” Stark asked, watching GeekZilla.

 

            “Looks like she’s playing with her boobs.” Kevin suggested.

 

            “No, she isn’t,” Sarah sighed. “She’s placing something inside her bra.”

 

            “Why?”

 

            “Why?” Sarah echoed. “A lot of girls do that. I do it every now and then when I don’t have pockets.”

 

            “So when a guy shoves something down his pants, it’s weird,” Kevin said. “But when a girl shoves something between her boobs that’s acceptable?”

 

            “Be quiet, Kevin…” Sarah mumbled.

 

            “Everything is ready, sir!” A soldier called over from his position next to the fireworks.

 

            “Good.’ Stark nodded. “…I guess. This plan of yours better work, Ward. It’s not every day that the US Army follows the instructions of an idiot from a comic book store, so don’t fuck everything up.”

 

            “I’ll do my best to only fuck ‘some’ things up, sir!” Kevin saluted. Before Stark could reply, he shouted: “Light ‘em up!”

 

            The fuses were lit, and a rocket launched into the air and burst with a colorful ball of fire.

 

            And a few miles away…Lizzy glanced up towards it…

 

            The plan was a-go.