- Text Size +

Erica's House is complete and available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWPPXXK.

This includes chapters 6-8 and an epilogue, as well as a full revision of the main story.  Over 50,000 new words.

 

Erica's House is the first work of any real length that I've written, and it's reception here at Giantess World has been so important to me these last three years.  Thank you so much to everyone who's taken the time to leave a comment, and thank you so much to the Giantess World community of authors for publishing amazing and inspiring work.

Erica's House began as a very different story called Family Matters, chronicling a household made up of two adult sisters and their children in a shrink virus world.  Out of the 8 characters, 4 of them shrink down and 4 remain giant sized, creating a ton of fun dynamics.  There's the 8 year old girl who turns her mother into her favorite obedient dolly, the 18 year old boy who finds himself looking up to his own little brother, the shy teenage girl who comes out of her shell and revels in her new power.  I might still write it one day.

 Eventually I found that my favorite part of the story was the tense dynamic that existed when characters knew that a shrink was imminenet but had not yet reduced in size.  There's just something about that a huge power dynamic shift is just around the corner that I find super fascinating, as you can see in the other stories that I've published here.  In my conception the potential shrinkers had to get used to their place in life while still the same size as their future masters, creating an embarrassing dynamic that fueled thousands of words of outlines.

And thus was born Erica.  In her original conception she was a cocky brat who strutted around the house, flexing her new power over her still full sized family as she reminded them that if they wanted her to treat them well after they shrunk, then they better do what she says starting now.  In my notes the story is much kinkier and Erica is a far crueler giantess, doling out foot rub duty and stuffing her brothers in her bra at a moment's notice.  You can see remnants of this character in chapter 1, when Erica uses Derrick as a luffa, which now feels a bit out of place with the rest of the story.

But as I wrote I quickly came to feel sympathy with the characters, especially with Erica and the weight of responsibility on her young shoulders.  What was supposed to be a kinky romp became a more grounded story about a teenager terrified of screwing up her new job, and of a shrunken family struggling for dignity in a terrifying new world.  Somewhere early on Danielle started pulling Erica's strings (much to my surprise) and Sammy decided that it was all a fun adventure.  Throw in a cyborg and the mysterious Ms. Dane and you've got quite a bit more than I ever expected.

I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.  

 

 

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0cvB01v.png[/img]