- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This picks back up where we were at the end of the first chapter, with Jeremy staring up at Kaylie's descending foot.

Jeremy watched Kaylie take a step toward him as if it were in slow motion. Her heel slowly rose as her toes slid forward through the carpet. They lifted and flew toward him, seemingly stopping just short as he heard her heel once again make contact with the floor. He watched in terror, unable to move as her toes lowered to meet him. Everything darkened as he was covered by their shadow. Jeremy screamed but his voice was quickly muffled as her toe covered his face, feeling its ridges against his cheeks. He started to panic as the pressure increased, forcing him deep into the carpet. Memories flooded into his mind as he was sure he would die under the immense weight of her toe. Her toe! Not something to fear, something to tickle and tease. Now it would be his end. He started to fade as the air was forced from his lungs. Just before he passed out, he felt himself being slid forward and then the pressure lessened. Light returned as he saw her toe retreating from him. He gasped for air but barely moved, still in shock... "I'm alive!!!"

 

Kaylie had woken up from her nap and headed to the kitchen to see if she had missed any calls from Jeremy. I wonder what happened. She loved the feel of the plush rug under toes as she approached the island. Jeremy had given it to her for her last birthday. She had always complained to him about how cold her kitchen floor got some times. When she saw she hadn’t missed any calls, Kaylie decided to call another one of their friends to see if she had heard from Jeremy. “Hey Ella, how are you doing this afternoon?  Me? I just woke up from a nap. You haven’t heard anything from Jeremy today, have you? Oh nothing, I had invited him over today and he never showed up. What?! Will you stop asking me that? I told you he is just coming over to hang out. I don’t think he likes me like that anyway.” Kaylie was leaning back against the island with her heels on the edge of the rug as she talked with Ella. Eager to change the subject, she looked down at her toes and decided to bring up one of Ella’s favorite topics. “So did I tell you about the shoes I saw the other day? Well they were… Ella, I’ve got to go… I’ll call you back later.”

 

Jeremy slowly got up to his feet, checking himself over to make sure nothing was broken. He thought for sure that he was a goner. Kaylie had just stepped on him. The soft rug must have saved him, he figured. I have never been so glad to have bought someone a gift as right now. He just started walking, still amazed. He was just happy to be alive. He paid no attention to what was going on around him. He barely even noticed stepping off of the soft fibers and onto the hard, white tile.

 

In fact, Jeremy hadn’t even realized that Kaylie was on the phone until he heard the silence after she stopped. He turned and saw her toes wiggling, most larger than he was, slightly lifted above the tile. His view slowly tracked up her tower-sized legs, past her shorts, lingering slightly on breasts as the pushed out her t-shit a bit. Well, maybe a bit to her, but each one was immense to him, over 300 feet above him. Then he looked up to her face... and she was looking back at him! “Kaylie! Down here! Can you see me? It’s Jeremy!” He jumped, waving his arms. Then he froze as he saw her massive frame bending as she reached for him.

 

Kaylie saw something moving down past her toes. Something… tiny.  At first she thought it was a bug, but then she noticed it was standing upright. After she got off of the phone, she just stared for a while. It stopped moving… Then she thought she heard it making a sound as it seemed to be jumping up and down. It almost looked like a person, but that was impossible. She needed a better look. She bent down slowly, as to not scare whatever it was away.  As she got closer it got quiet and stopped moving. When she reached down to pick it up, it jumped back, but didn’t run. She decided to just lay her hand down with her palm facing up to see if it would climb on.  After about 20 seconds of her staying still, it pulled itself up. She stood back up, raising her hand to her face. The little thing had fallen over when she lifted it. With a finger from her other hand, she rolled it over, trying to tell exactly what it was… it looked human! She quickly withdrew her finger as it, no… he started to stand and face her. “Jeremy?”

 

Jeremy stood in the center of the 25’ wide hand, trying to keep his balance. “Kaylie! Thank God you found me. It’s been terrifying. I thought I was going to die.” Jeremy was nearly sobbing. Then he saw the confusion in her face and he tried to calm down. That’s when, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a finger approaching him. Before he had a chance to react, it bumped into his stomach and he fell over.

 

“Are you real…?” Kaylie poked what appeared to be her friend, in miniature. As he sat up in her palm, she brought him closer to her eye. It looked like he was trying to talk. Maybe he’s too small to hear. She lifted him up to her ear to see if that helped.

 

“YES!  I’M  REAL!!!” Jeremy felt Kaylie flinch and he saw her wince in pain as he yelled into her ear. “Sorry for yelling… You knocked the wind out of me, that’s why I couldn’t talk when you had me in front of your eye. Now please, don’t poke me again.”

 

As the ringing in her ear stopped, Kaylie brought him back down in front of her face, still in a bit of shock. How could this little 1” man sitting in her palm possibly be the friend she’s known for most of her life?  He was so tiny, helpless. She could have accidently… No, she didn’t want to think about it.  As tears started to form in her eyes, she asked, “Jeremy… how did this happen?”

 

Jeremy saw the look of concern on her face… her beautiful face, with eyes as wide as he was tall and a mouth that could swallow him whole. Okay, that part was terrifying, but he could see she was worried. He didn’t want to tell her that he almost got stepped on a few times, and actually did get stepped on once, but he thought he owed her and explanation. “Well, after I got your call, I headed over here. I knocked on the door and came in. Then I heard you yell down from the shower and…”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Okay, so now she finally knows he's here. How will she react?