- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

 

Author's Chapter Notes:

 

This will be a short one. So far I've got it planned to last 3 chapters. Just an idea I've had typed up for a while and I decided to finally expand upon it. I hope you enjoy!

 

 

“You're in a lot of trouble, Lizzie. Now stay in there and think about what you did until Mom comes home, then she can deal with you” says Kylie after escorting her younger sister into her room for detainment. “What you did is VERY bad!”

 

Kylie closes the door with her younger sibling confined behind it before leaning down and wrapping her beautifully manicured dainty fingers around the sealed shoebox that she had previously deposited on the floor below just outside her sister's room.

 

She rises back to her full height, and with the shoebox resting in her soft hands, Kylie carefully begins walking down the hallway and towards her own bedroom.

 

Arriving in her room, Kylie gently places the box on the floor to the side of her bed. She then lowers herself down onto the floor just behind the box, pressing her knees into the carpet as she leans forward and over the cardboard lid.

 

Her slender fingers with nails painted in bright red polish carefully grip at the underside of the lid and slowly remove it from the box, filling it with light and revealing its contents. Scattered about on the floor of the shoebox are at least a dozen miniaturized cars and an even higher number of equally small men and women, the passengers of the tiny vehicles.

 

As she leans in even closer over the box and offers a nervous though sweet smile, her head and hand cast a shadow down onto the tiny people as Kylie brushes her long brown hair away from her face.

 

“I'm so sorry everyone, I can't believe this even happened. Everything is going to be okay, I promise. My sister wouldn't hurt anyone, I'm really sorry she did this. You guys must have been so scared.” Gazing down and into the box below, Kylie's eyes dart back and forth from the faces of one tiny person to another, noticing the looks of fear and anxiety displayed on them all. “Must have been? Who am I kidding, you still are. Why wouldn't you be? You're being talked down to right now by a giant girl. God, I'm so stupid, I must be terrifying to you even though I'm just trying to calm you all down.”

 

“It's okay, miss.” says one of the shrunken people, a man standing outside of a blue van with a woman around his age seated in the passenger seat, probably his wife. “Just, please, grow us back to normal now. I don't know how any of this happened today, but just grow us back to normal and we'll get out of here, no questions asked. I promise.”

 

“Yeah, change us back! Let us go!” shout other members of the shrunken group.

 

“I will, I will, I promise. I just need to wait for my mother to get home.”

 

“No! You need to change us back RIGHT NOW young lady!” yells a middle aged man in a red sports car.

 

“I'm sorry, everyone, please calm down. I am going to grow you back, I promise I will. My mother is probably on her way home from work right now, you won't have to wait much longer. I need to show you to her so she knows I'm not lying when I tell her what my sister did. Otherwise, she might not believe me and this could happen again.”

 

For the most part, the tiny men and women inside the shoebox can see the logic in the what the comparatively massive young woman is saying. And even if they couldn't, at their current sizes they're in no position to persuade her to change her mind about handling the situation.

 

And at least they seem to be in safe hands with her, especially compared to their previous gigantic captor. It's a miracle everyone in the group managed to make it through the day in the younger sibling's clutches without receiving so much as a scratch, and the same can be said of their vehicles.

 

A single foul step of the young girl's shoes, accidental or otherwise, and the footwear the size of a small building compared to them could have caused devastating damage to the tiny men and women and their cars. Each minute that passed before the older sister rescued them could have been their last.

 

“You guys don't need to be bored and trapped inside a cardboard box while you wait. I have an idea” says Kylie, smiling.

 

Her gentle fingers are slowly lowered into the shoebox where they carefully grip onto a miniaturized automobile. One by one she lifts them from the box and places the tiny vehicles onto her bed, forming neat rows on her purple blanket.

 

“Don't even think about putting your greasy fingers all over my car!” yells the man in the red sports car when Kylie gets to him. She pretends she can't hear his grumpy little voice and continues her work. “No!” he yells as he is lifted through the air. “Your thumb's gonna leave a giant dent! Oh, god, you'll scratch the paint with your damned nails!” Kylie sets the car down in one of the rows with the others, retracting her fingers from it, still feigning obliviousness to the man's shouts of protest.

 

“This is going to be so much fun! It's like you're going to a drive-in movie... for FREE!” she exclaims after finishing arranging the tiny vehicles on her bed. She grabs her remote control and turns on her TV before beginning to watch it with her little guests.

 

Jack can't believe how his day has turned out. It all started by going out for a drive. Next thing he knew, he was winning races in a driveway after being shrunken down to the size of an insect by a girl less than half his age. And now, here he sits, watching a movie on a scale that appeared to him to be larger than any IMAX screen, when in reality it was just a modest sized television in the bedroom of a stunningly beautiful girl very close or perhaps even equal to himself in age.

 

Still seated on the floor, Kylie can't help but look away from the TV every once in a while and steal a glance at what sits beside her on her bed. Over a dozen cars with actual human beings sitting inside them are all occupying the same space that she rests her feet in when she sleeps. She finds it weird, yet somehow exciting, and even kind of cute.

 

Jack looks over to the girl as she watches the television in front of her, surveying her beauty magnified by her immense size in relation to his own. Suddenly her head turns to face him and the other shrunken people on her bed. Her big brown eyes catch him staring at her from inside his car and she smiles. She winks at him and he quickly turns his attention back to the movie on the massive screen, causing her to giggle.

 

Kylie hears a sound coming from out in the living room, the closing of the front door. Less than thirty seconds later, another door can be heard closing, this time it's the door to her mother's bedroom.

 

“Well, sounds like Mom's home” says Kylie as she hits the power button on the remote, snapping off her TV. She looks to the side and gazes down onto the vehicles and their passengers on her bed. “Time to show her what my sister did to you little people, then I can finally make you all big again!”

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

I wouldn't feel comfortable at all writing in detail about the shrunken people while they were with Lizzie. Her character is just too young, I hope people will understand.

Thanks for reading, I hope you've enjoyed so far and I'd love to hear what you think!