- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
PLEASE LOVE ME.
The darkness swirled in thick ribbons around the hapless young woman, filling her with an all encompassing feeling of despair. Jourdyn squirmed uncomfortably in the choking darkness as her legs burned, the water having done little to cure her pain at the hands of the acrid acid. Her mind began to drift as her heartbeat became painfully loud, her left arm twitching every now and again.



How long had she been here? A week? A month? Did time even matter anymore, seeing as she would never be free and each second that ticked on lasted an eternity? Jourdyn wept pitifully. Her head was a myriad of pulsating, throbbing pain that resonated from every side. Jourdyn stuck out her tongue, running it gently across her lips. This did nothing to sate her. Her tongue was terrifyingly dry, her lips cracked and chapped, oozing blood in trickles. She attempted to cough. What was issued forth was hacking, accompanied by the sensation that tens of needles had been carelessly stabbed into her tender throat. Jourdyn quietly moaned as her stomach grumbled, feeling as if it had been stabbed as well. She couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten. She supposed this was part of Anna's cruelty, that is, making her still require nourishment to keep herself alive. Jourdyn struggled to focus through the haze of agony. She was hungry and severely dehydrated, desperate to soothe her aching body however she could.



"Please..." She whispered, rendered unable to shout. "Please help me. Please." She would have been crying if she had tears left. As though the heavens had heard her prayers, the ceiling split open to reveal Anna grinning sardonically, a bit of food and a thimble of water in her hands. Jourdyn stared at the items with great longing, as though she was beholding the Holy Grail.



"Oh, did you want this?" Anna asked as she tempted Jourdyn, taking delight in the fact that the girl's eyes never left the food and made her very much resemble a starving animal.



"Y-yes... Please..." Jourdyn wheezed as she pulled herself to her feet.



"Then sit." Anna commanded her. Jourdyn stared at her with angered confusion but obediently sat herself back down on the cold cardboard floor. She would do anything to get that food and ask questions later.



"Okay." Jourdyn responded hoarsely, now sitting cross-legged.



"Good girl..." Anna purred as though she were praising a dog who had fetched a ball. Anna set down the thimble of water next to her pet and handed her the morsel of food, a bit of bread and cheese. Jourdyn greedily gulped down the tepid liquid, only pausing to stuff her mouth with a quantity of food. She sighed with relief as her tongue and throat were not as dry and the crippling pain of her migraine slowly ebbed away.



"You just didn't want your toy to expire..." Jourdyn spit venomously, her recent trip through Anna's digestive system rekindling her fire.



"No, no... Well..." Anna trailed off, thinking hard. "Sorta. Y'see, GOOD girls who do as they're told get nice things. Now, if you're a GOOD girl, you'll get nice things like food and baths. But if you're a bad girl... I'll make you starve. I'll make you get dehydrated until near death, I'll make you rot in your own filth until you BECOME a good girl. Is that understood?" Jourdyn froze as her jaw dropped, a handful of food halfway to her mouth. Her mind was a flurry of thoughts. No matter how much it pained her, she HAD to be good. She HAD to. She had seen what Anna could do, and was sure Anna would do much worse if she disobeyed. "Understood?!" Anna asked more firmly.



"Y-yes!" Jourdyn squeaked as she nodded her head in earnest.



"Wonderful." Anna replied, a smile crawling across her face. "Well then, I suppose we'll be seeing just how good of a girl you can be." Anna slowly replaced the lid of the box, sealing Jourdyn in darkness. Jourdyn sighed deeply and closed her eyes, leaning her back against the cardboard wall. She sipped the remainder of her water and nibbled her food as she thought. Obeying would be humiliating, degrading, and a slew of other things, but at least she wouldn't be tortured. Some part of her, a stifled part due to her recent torment, screamed and demanded that she disobey just to show the bitch that Jourdyn was still a human being and would not be manipulated so easily.



"What do I do?" Jourdyn wondered aloud in a moan. She squeezed her eyes shut, pushing the empty thimble away from herself. Slowly, she lowered herself to the ground, cringing as her face made contact with the frigid floor. She released a trembling sigh, threatening to break out into tears at any moment. Jourdyn shivered as the brisk air grazed her naked flesh, wanting nothing more than to sleep. Sleep kept her alive. She tossed and turned relentlessly before being thrown into a deep, dreamless sleep.



Jourdyn groaned as she opened her eyes, the bitter cold permeating her body. She sat up slowly, wiping drool from the corner of her mouth. Her face twisted as she recognized the sour, pungent flavor of morning breath. Her muscles ached, the cardboard quite uncomfortable to sleep on. Jourdyn looked around herself quickly. Something was different. No longer was she encased in darkness but rather beautiful bright sunbeams from a cloudless sky streamed into her prison, giving Jourdyn a sense of happiness and peace she hadn't felt for days.



"Good morning, my pet." A familiar voice proclaimed uncharacteristically. Jourdyn looked up in surprise, beginning to sweat from fear. She squealed as a slender hand coiled around her, pulling her into the air. Jourdyn was soon met with the titanic face of her captor, her loose curls pulled back into a ponytail. "When I address you, I expect an answer. Understood?" Anna emphasized through gritted teeth. Jourdyn nodded obediently.



"Y-yes. I understand. Please forgive me."



"Very good." Anna lowered her hand, sending Jourdyn sprawling on the wooden floor. "Now..." Anna said, nonchalantly clutching her morning coffee, "I think it would be good for you if you started to learn your place." She pushed one canvas boot clad foot towards Jourdyn, urging her to show affection towards her rubber capped toes. Jourdyn timidly placed a few pecks along the white rubber, her memory flashing back to the day she had nearly had her sternum cracked. "Why don't you lick it a little?"



"Alright..." Jourdyn replied, mentally preparing herself. Anna rolled her eyes as she watched the girl "prepare" herself for a good two minutes.



"I don't have time for this." With a bit of mirth twinkling in her eyes, Anna inverted her coffee cup, dousing Jourdyn in eight ounces of scalding liquid.



Jourdyn screamed as her flesh began to burn, being consumed by searing pain. She frantically rubbed at her arms, trying to get the fluid off of her body. If she closed her eyes it was just like being trapped in Anna's stomach again. Being temporarily blinded by the liquid dripping over her eyes, she couldn't see Anna's exuberant grin.



"PLEASE HELP ME!" Jourdyn screamed. "PLEASE! IT HURTS SO MUCH!"



Anna responded calmly amongst Jourdyn's wailing, "This is what happens to girls who don't do as they're told."



"HOW DO I MAKE IT UP TO YOU?!" Jourdyn screamed.



"Well, I want you to tell me what you are."



"What I am?" Jourdyn asked quizzically.



"What you are." Anna confirmed. Jourdyn racked her brain for an answer. What was she? She thought back to everything that had happened. How easily she could be controlled, how easily she could be tortured, in addition to her newfound stature. Suddenly, it clicked.



"Nothing..." Jourdyn murmured in horror.



"What was that?" Anna asked, casually grabbing an open bottle of water off her dresser.



"NOTHING! I'M NOTHING! I'M NOTHING!" Jourdyn screamed in response, burning tears flowing from her eyes. Jourdyn was quickly relieved of the burning on her flesh as a torrent of water washed over her. She shivered as the water stung her skin and continued to sob as her mind was breaking.



"That's right." Anna replied in a venomous hiss, her lips contorted into a sadistic grin. "You're NOTHING." She swiftly picked up the girl in one hand, ignorant to her cries of agony. "I think I might get you a treat, even though you don't really deserve it. You amused me, which is good enough for now." Anna addressed Jourdyn. With Jourdyn in tow Anna walked over to her night table, picking up a small box, no larger than three inches in height and width. "Jourdyn," Anna spoke calmly, "there's something I want you to see."