- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's short.
Jourdyn began to sob even more hysterically as she was forced down into a tight, squishy, wet tube that pushed her painfully from all sides. It squeezed the life from her as she was shoved further and further from her original place of wakening. She struggled desperately for the tiniest breath of nonexistent acid tainted air as the terrifying walls bore down on her chest. A thought, half-formed at best, occurred to her in that moment. If she was dead and this was indeed Hell, why was she struggling for air? Maybe it was just part of her everlasting torment, to be saddled with the burning desire, the need for something she would never, ever receive. Jourdyn cringed as her face touched the slick walls of wherever she was. This torture continued for what felt like hours. Suddenly, she braced herself. Though she couldn't see anything in front of her and was disoriented from being upside down coupled with oxygen deprivation, she knew what she heard. She distinctly heard something open. Sure enough, in a few minutes her head was being clamped down upon. Jourdyn screamed in pain, her skull feeling as if it would crack at any moment from the pressure. As the rest of her body was stuffed through the opening Jourdyn wondered if this was what being birthed felt like. She closed her eyes tight as she fell, breaking the surface of some sort of liquid with a small splash. Pure terror coursed through her veins as she thrashed around, struggling to keep her head up in the churning sea. For a small while the churning ceased, allowing her a sliver of time to take in her surroundings and new predicament, as well as allowing her aching muscles a rest. It was worse than her previous confinement. So much worse. The surrounding atmosphere was stuffy, smothering her, its trace amounts of oxygen serving only to mock her and gave no relief to her burning lungs. The stench of the place was nauseating, smelling strongly of spoiled foods. Another scent tore through as well, acidic in nature. The acid fumes entering Jourdyn's nose made it feel as though her sinuses had been set aflame.



"Where am I?!" Jourdyn wondered, her mind in a full panic. She found herself forced against a wall of this odd place, its surface coated in a disgusting slimy substance. Though she was backed up against a wall, Jourdyn was still partially submerged in the ocean of liquid which continued to steadily rise. She quickly took note of the itching and burning she felt on her legs and discovered, to her horror, that what she was standing in was indeed a pool of acid. She screamed in terror, turning to face the wall of wherever she was trapped. Jourdyn clawed at the surface of the wall, struggling to get traction and lift herself from this pit of Hell. A howl of anguish escaped her lips as the acid ate deep into her legs, stripping her bones of their flesh. Jourdyn sobbed and wailed in anguish as she lost her footing, finding herself slipping into the chasm's deadly waters. She was now seated in the pool of acid and rendered unable to stand as her musculature had been damaged immensely. "SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Jourdyn screamed, the feeling of her flesh and blood flaying from her fingers too much to bear. "Please..." she sobbed, lowering her head in defeat. Bitter tears poured down her cheeks as the acid bit her, vicious as any animal. Her heart twinged in her chest as she was dissolved into nothing, chunks of her flesh sloughing off her bones. Jourdyn wailed and screamed as her body was submerged more and more in the disgusting sump. Many panicked thoughts swirled about in her head. Was she doomed to survive this ordeal? Would she have to suffer through this same searing agony over and over, or would she be released from the clutches of the devil once her body had given up? What was to become of her?



Jourdyn's questions were stilled by an ominous rumble that echoed all around her. "Oh, no..." she whimpered miserably as she found herself tossed carelessly into the air, landing herself face first into the acid. She coughed and sputtered, swallowing copious amounts of the surrounding liquid against her will. Her throat ached as she released a cacophonous cry of anguish. The invasive fluid had found its way into her eye, ruthlessly tearing its way through the sensitive tissue. With the very last of her strength she forced herself to sit up. Jourdyn let loose an unholy screech of pain, glancing down to her midsection. It felt as though a million tiny insects were boring their way into her stomach. What she saw seemed almost unreal, but as she squinted in the barest bit of dim light, she found it to be reality. Her eye fervently took in the sight before her as an all consuming chill of horror crept down her spine. She gagged, sure she would empty her stomach... If it were still there. From the bottoms of her ribs to her hips there was nothing. There was nothing but a jagged, gaping hole in her flesh from which blood spewed in copious amounts and her beloved entrails slipped slimily into the soup below with a series of revolting plops. Jourdyn stared for what seemed like forever into the literal pit of her stomach in shock, somewhere in the back of her mind surprised her spine remained undamaged. Jourdyn felt her heart begin to beat at a breakneck pace as the world around her began to spin. Her eyes slowly closed as she sunk herself into the surrounding liquid, slipping gratefully into merciful unconsciousness.



Jourdyn groggily opened her eyes with a pitiful moan. Her heart sank as she realized she could only see through one. Her entire body burned as though she had been thrown into a fire. Many spots, especially her legs felt as though they had been rubbed until they were raw then continued to be rubbed by sandpaper. Her torso felt as though it had been run over by a truck, but she could tell there was no longer a gaping hole there, for which she was grateful. Jourdyn coughed, a rancid stench invading her nostrils and stringing her eyes. She struggled and fought to lift her arm so she could cover her nose, but found it totally immersed in a thickening muck. She tried to squirm to free herself but only managed to get herself more stuck. She released a frightened shriek, and to her horror a decent amount of the sludge found its way into her mouth. She swallowed, gagging in horror all the while. Jourdyn gasped fruitlessly for air in this toxic environment. Her lungs were sore in their struggle for oxygen. She moaned and screamed while she felt the substance harden, crusting over her hair and face, encasing her within its foul self. Jourdyn sobbed in terror as she registered the smallest glint of light at the end of some tunnel, then closed her eyes as she felt the life slowly being crushed out of her...



Anna smiled as she felt the stirring and churning in her gut. It took her long enough. She quietly rose from the chair she was seated upon, making her way to the bathroom. She bit into her lower lip as she quickly unbuttoned and pulled down her jeans followed by her underwear, plopped her backside onto the toilet seat and evacuated her bowels. As soon as she was sure she was done, she stood up and wiped, depositing the used paper into the water below. She quickly scanned the liquid, spying a tiny, delicate arm breaking the surface. With uncharacteristic tenderness Anna plucked the arm up between her fingers, holding the little girl in her grasp.


"EW!" Anna shouted as she quickly flung Jourdyn in the general direction of the sink. Jourdyn groaned as she collided with the cold porcelain, sure her ribs had been shattered again. A frigid blast of water nearly drowned the tiny girl as she was hastily cleansed of fecal matter. Anna picked Jourdyn up again, quickly carrying her to the too familiar box and tossed her carelessly inside, leaving the writhing, soaking wet girl alone with her pained thoughts.