- Text Size +
BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

The blaringly loud sounds of an alarm woke Emily from her sleep, and she groaned as she sat up in bed. She yawned loudly as she stood to two shaky feet, and made the short walk to the annoying clock, switching it off with a flick and stopping the horrible sounds.

With a slow shuffle, she trudged into her bathroom, and looked herself over in the mirror. Even having just woken up she was a thing of beauty. With long, flowing blonde hair, and a body that would make any model jealous, she was truly a desirable woman. Men would consider themselves lucky to be with her, and women would wish they were more like her.

“Today. I'm going to make some tiny friends.” she told her sleepy reflection.

The gorgeous woman in the mirror stared back at Emily with a look of doubt, and she sighed. Who was she kidding. She'd try and try and try again to befriend some of the tiny people she saw every day, but it never worked. She was beginning to have some severe confidence issues as she didn't know what the problem was. Giantesses befriended tinies all the time! Giantesses also killed tinies all the time, but befriending them wasn't unheard of! Why were they always so scared of her?!

With a heavy sigh, she shook her head, and decided to get ready for the day.

An hour later she stepped outside, looking much better than she had straight out of bed. Crippling self-doubt may have still haunted her, but she was determined to make some friends today no matter what!

Stepping out of her front door and onto the sidewalk, Emily took a deep breath of the fresh morning air. She just had to exude confidence, regardless of how little she actually had! Repeating this to herself, she started to walk down the sidewalk, keeping an open eye out for any groups of tiny people!

It didn't take long. A group of two boys and a girl were sitting around a corner against a wall, worn out from the heat of the day. They were conversing amongst themselves, but tensed up when they felt the vibrations of an approaching giantess.

Sure enough, Emily appeared around the corner, and crouched to get a better look at her future friends. Should she introduce herself? Maybe she should try and give them a ride, if they needed to be somewhere? She didn't want to scare them though!

It was far too late for that though, as the three small people stared up fearfully at the giantess looking down at them. While the world had grown used to simply having regular-sized people and giantesses hanging out in the same general areas, there was still a bit of a moral gray area allowing the larger-sized people quite a bit of leeway when it came to matters of violence against a smaller-sized person.

What Emily believed to be a curious, friendly face, the small people viewed quite differently. A deadpan expression, with head tilted slightly. Thin, only slightly parted lips. Eyes that were ever so slightly narrowed. Lightly furrowed eyebrows. Desirable qualities, sure, but Emily's natural face also made her look like a bitch, which she certainly was not.

First appearances mean the world though, and the trio of tiny people stared up fearfully at what they interpreted to be a face full of contempt, and distaste. Their minds were only filled with images of what happened to people like them that got on the wrong side of a giant bitch. Images of bodies spread out against a sole. Bodies ripped in two, with the other half never appearing. They knew what could, and likely would happen to them soon, and they were deathly afraid.

Emily though, began to feel a bit awkward over the lengthy silence. She needed to find some way to break the ice, that wouldn't send them running away. They spoke English right? Of course they did! They weren't stupid! They were real people, just like herself!

“Hi.” She said. It was spoken with a high-pitched monotone, and the word trailed off near the end. It sounded cruel, and mocking. The people decided they'd had enough, and broke off into a run.

“Wait!” Emily squeaked, as she backed up, her flip-flop clad feet slapping the ground loudly. The vibrations and sounds made it seem like the giantess was giving chase, and the tiny trio ran away faster, before splitting up, and leaving the sulking Emily far behind.

“Strike one.” She thought sadly, getting quite annoyed with her constant failures. If she failed three times today she figured that it would just be time to go home and give up. It wasn't worth putting her feelings out there repeatedly for a bunch of people smaller than her foot. One defeated sigh later, she decided to keep walking, and hope she'd meet someone at the local coffee shop after she got some breakfast in her.

“Blueberry muffin. Great. Are you out of poppy-seed?” Emily asked the giantess behind the counter as she looked over the only muffins available at the front. She meant no offense, but was given an offended stare, and no answer. “I'm sorry.” She said, though it sounded rather sarcastic to the woman, who rudely handed Emily the muffin and a bottle of beet juice. Not wanting to stick around any longer, Emily decided to simply take a seat with her muffin and opened the chilled drink she'd bought.

Unbeknownst to her, Emily had taken a seat at a table that was already occupied, as the miniature small-persons only table in the center was occupied by a young man with a positively minuscule newspaper. He tensed up as Emily took her seat at the table, and she felt even more awkward, but decided this was her second opportunity to make a friend today!

Taking a swig of beet juice, she tried to break the ice with her new, future-tiny-friend.“Oh! I'm sorry.” She said, forcing out a laugh that felt disingenuous to the little man. She tried to temper his negative reaction by giving him a smile, but her juice-stained teeth did the exact opposite of help. It looked like she'd spent the morning feasting on a family full of tiny people, leaving her teeth in red-stained blood-soaked state.

Wanting no more of this, the man gathered his things, and scurried away wordlessly, never even giving the giantess another look. Emily's already waning confidence deflated completely as the little man took the stairway down to the floor, and disappeared from sight completely.

“I'm sorry!” She said suddenly, far too late for the man to even be aware she was talking to him. She was alone again, and had struck out once more. Carefully unwrapping her muffin, she counted this as a strike two, and drank some more of her beet juice. At least things couldn't get any worse today. Right? All bad luck streaks have an end, after all. Why, the next attempt had to succeed by the laws of probability!

Emily didn't even believe her own words.

Minutes later she'd finished eating her muffin and figured she might as well leave this place. Tossing the plastic wrap in the trash, she stepped outside, and wondered where she should spend the rest of her day today? Maybe she should just go home already. She had no faith in her abilities to make a tiny friend for the day, and was beginning to wonder why she'd even bothered trying. Her bed certainly didn't discriminate, and she wanted to curl up under some blankets and go to sleep again.

With a sigh, she sulked forward, unaware that she was heading straight for a small cluster of tiny people trying to walk along that same sidewalk. They'd assumed Emily would be polite enough to offer them a quick glance down, but that was quickly disproven when one of her comparatively massive feet rose into the air and hung above the small man in the lead.

Emily was lost in her thoughts at the time, and simply took another swig of her beet juice, before accidentally spilling it all over herself. In her mind, this cemented her plan to go home, even if it was only to change out of her clothes.

Time stood still, and the two women walking alongside the man watched in horror as the giantess's cruel, flip-flop clad foot bore down on the sidewalk like a meteor. In the blink of an eye, the man was crushed into paste, and bits of gore rocketed out from under the giantess's foot, spraying his two female companions. They shrilly screamed, deathly afraid that they would be meeting the same fate in just a moment.

Emily heard the screams, but wasn't even aware she'd just carelessly stomped a life out. No, she'd been thinking up a new strategy, and had come to the conclusion that the best way to go about things was to just forget all the niceties and simply go for it. Tinies were people too, and they responded well to smart, confident women!

So upon seeing two scared little girls at her toes, Emily bent down, and scooped them up, only upsetting them further. She'd been met with apprehension by little people before, but never outright terror like these two expressed!

Then, she noticed it. They were wet, and covered in a dark, red liquid. Of course! They weren't afraid, they were just surprised after she'd accidentally drenched them with beet juice! But... how should she fix it? She was at a loss, watching the two completely insane girls fight at her giant fingers for escape. It was so cute! She couldn't wait to make one, or maybe both of these two her friends!

“I'm so sorry!” Emily offered, before doing the only thing that came to her mind. She stretched her tongue out from her mouth, and licked one of the girls down from her head to her toe. While the beet juice tasted a little funny, she chalked it up to the liquid soaking into the girl's hair and skin, as opposed to coming straight out of the clean bottle.

“YOU MONSTER!”

Emily froze. A tiny pair of little legs were sticking out of her mouth, and she looked sadly at the other little woman who'd screamed at her. What was she doing so wrong? Did they just not enjoy fun, confident, outgoing Emily? Maybe she'd just happened upon a pair of tiny shut-ins.

Opening her mouth, she spit a coughing, soaking wet woman out onto her palm. Emily offered the two an apologetic smile, displaying her large, red teeth to the pair. This only seemed to scare them further, and the girl who'd been in her mouth was now sobbing inbetween loud, hacking coughs.

Feeling a bit awkward, Emily bent over, and dropped the two girls near her feet. Then, without a word, she hurried home, taken her wet clothes off, and leaped back into bed. Those tiny, fearful expressions haunted her mind, and she figured that this was enough attempts for one day. She'd just have to try again tomorrow.

Contentment flooded the girls body as she snuggled in the blankets. At least her bed was always here waiting for her at the end of every day. It would never betray her, and it would always be her friend. In her mind she offered the inanimate object a toast, before, drifting off to a hopeful, dream-filled sleep.