- Text Size +

 Cindi leaned back in her chair, sighing loudly. “This is the worst assignment ever!” she bemoaned, lolling her head towards Donna, searching for agreement. The brunette just nodded absently, focused on the report she was writing. The sound of Cindi's unhappiness and the scratching of Donna's pencil were the only sounds in the otherwise-empty library.

The blonde girl just rolled her eyes, an overly-dramatic gesture that involved swinging her entire head around in displeasure. “Come on, can't we like... go out and get drunk or something?”

“Cindi, honestly, you can go get drunk. You don't need to be here. I'll just do it and I'll say that you did the... I don't know, the bibliography or something, okay?”

“No, that's stupid! I want to be credited with something big! Just, how about we say I did the main stuff and you did the biography?”

Donna squinted, rubbing her face with her hand. “N-no, it's the... nevermind. Point is, you're not doing the main body so no you're not getting credit for it.” She sighed. “If you're not going to leave, can you just sit still and quiet for, like, thirty minutes? I'm nearly done anyway.”

Cindi pouted, folding her arms across her chest. “You never let me get credit for anything.”

“You don't do it!” Donna yelled, her frustration finally boiling over. “You don't do anything, so you don't get credit for anything! Do you want to do this, Cindi? Would you like to be writing the report and listening to me bitch, or do you want me to keep writing it so that your grade doesn't go down the fucking shitter? Which one of those sounds like what you want to do tonight?”

Red-faced, Cindi stared at the ground with a scowl. Donna let the question go after a while, returning to writing. Cindi huffed quietly, not content with submitting to being quiet, no matter how rationally Donna explained it. She pushed back against her chair again, but this time used too much force to do so. She flung her arms out to the sides and screamed as the chair fell over, taking her with it.

The first thing Cindi was aware of was Donna's laughter. She was openly laughing, furthering Cindi's humiliation. The second thing she noticed was a soft red glow coming from beneath one of the bookshelves. Curious, she stuck her arm underneath, swiping it to the side until she made contact with a small metal sphere. She took it out and looked it over.

“What is that?” Donna asked, still laughing quietly. “Kinda looks like a – uh, a thing from a video game.” Donna stopped herself, realizing that specifics would be lost on Cindi, and would probably just add to her confusion.

“It's really heavy,” Cindi said, getting to her feet and pulling her chair upright. She set it down on the table and it made a loud Thunk, much louder than either girl expected. Donna reached out and started wiping it off with her thumb, revealing the dull brass beneath a thin layer of dust. On one such swipe of her thumb, the ball suddenly reacted. It rolled away from the girls, coming to a stop on its own, and a small aperture in the top swiveled open, pouring out a thick red mist.

“Oh, what the fuck!” Donna yelled, and both girls backed against the bookshelves behind them. The mist continued to bellow out, forming a cloud above the sphere. As it grew it started to take on physical features, growing arms and a head. Two yellow points emerged from the fog, taking the shape of eyes and focusing on the girls cowering beneath it.

“Mortal girls,” a voice hissed through their minds, though the creature had no discernable mouth. “Donna and Cindi. Healthy, with long lives ahead of them.”

“W-w-what... is happening...” Cindi whimpered, clutching Donna's arm.

“What are you?” Donna asked, trying to sound brave.

“It knows the concept, but cannot apply it.” The figure loomed closer, causing the two girls to shrivel in fright. “They would each like wishes. They would expect three.”

“Three... wishes? You're – what, you're a genie?”

“It uses the most correct word. Even now, they start to believe. Each is anxious, however, because-”

“Because there's a catch, right?” Donna interrupted. The figure just nodded. “Well, what is it?”

“Only one girl will get three wishes. The other will be killed by the first.”

“What? That's... that's insane! We would never-”

“I'll do it.” Cindi said, her voice calm and neutral. Donna whipped her head to face Cindi, but the blonde girl looked straight up at the genie.

“It has chosen. The wishes will be requested and granted upon completion. She will find her task easy to accomplish, and will be granted additional favor the more it is prolonged.”

“Wait – wait, no! You can't just... you're not going to just fucking kill me!” Donna screamed as the creature reached out, wrapping its gaseous red hand around her torso. “No! Put me down! Help me, please! Someone help me! Cindi, please, stop this! Please!” Her voice became shriller and shriller as the genie began to compress her, reducing her in size from the height of an average woman to that of an average mouse. The creature dropped Donna onto the table before quickly receding back inside its sphere in the span of a second, the aperture quickly sealing again and leaving the library in silence once more.

Cindi stood up, bracing herself on the edge of the table, and looked down. There, on her back, lay Donna. She was completely nude, and was crawling backwards away from the looming visage of Cindi, who looked down at the little girl with a contemptuous smirk.

“Bet you didn't expect me to outsmart you, didja?” she asked, pulling a chair up and taking a seat as she propped her head in her hands.

“You... you didn't outsmart me, you took advantage of me! Please, get me help!”

“Well, you're tiny and helpless and I'm big and strong, so I'd say yeah, I did outsmart you.” She narrowed her eyes. “And I want you to admit it, Donna. Say I'm smarter than you.”

“Cindi, what are you talking about? This is insane, I need help! You have to get me help!”

Reaching out with her index finger, Cindi pinned Donna's foot beneath the tip of her finger. “Maybe you just need the proper motivation,” she said softly, a small smile on her lips. “So how about: I'll smush your little footsie into dust unless you say I'm smarter than you.”

Donna's heart was racing as she stared into the cold, unfeeling eyes of her gigantic assignment partner. The giant digit kept her foot pinned firmly to the table, no matter how hard the little woman struggled. “Cindi... please...” she whimpered, tears in her eyes.

The giant coed clucked her tongue. “That's not what I told you to say, is it?” She pressed down softly and was immediately rewarded with a satisfying crunch, followed by Donna's agonized screams.

“I'm sorry!” She yelled through her pain. “I'm sorry, you're smarter than me! You're smarter Cindi, please! Please help me!” Biting her lower lip, Cindi increased the pressure further, intensifying Donna's suffering. “Please! Please Cindi oh my god please stop it! Stop stop stop stop stop stop stop!”

“Oh, so it's okay for you to be mean to me, but not the other way around? Is that it?” Cindi twisted her finger into the table, tearing the pulped foot away from Donna's leg. The shrunken girl curled into a ball, protecting her mutilated limb as she sobbed, her back to Cindi. “That's not very fair, is it Donna? You should be able to get as good as you give.”

“I never hurt you! I would never do this to you!”

“And that's why I get three wishes, and you're going to hurt a lot,” Cindi snickered. She pried Donna open again, laying her out flat on the table. “So, right off the bat, I'm going to take credit for the report. Do you have any objections to that?”

“Cindi... please...” Donna squirmed helplessly underneath her fingers.

“No? Great. So the report is one hundred percent mine, and you ditched out on me and made me do all the work. Now let's talk about you. You're kinda cunty, you know that? You think just because you're smart you're somehow better than everyone. All I wanted to do was have a good time tonight, and you yelled at me for it? You made me stay here when I wanted to go out drinking... you know, if you think about it, this whole thing is actually your fault. If you wouldn't have been such a fuckin' bitch, I never would have found that little genie ball.”

“I... I said you could go...” Donna insisted. Cindi flipped her over onto her front, pressing her face painfully against the wooden table, then twisted her arm roughly behind her back. Donna cried out and began twitching helplessly again.

“Are you contradicting me, you little worm? That's – yeah, that's what you've always been, isn't it? You're a little bookworm, and it's about time somebody fuckin' squished you, isn't it?”

“Cindi you're hurting me! Please let me go! Help me! I'll kill her, I swear! I'll do it genie, please! Please let m-aaahh!” Cindi twisted Donna's arm harder, cutting her off mid-sentence.

“He's not listening to you anymore. I already won, Bookworm. Now just accept it and tell me I'm right. Tell me that all of this is your fault, because you're such a bitch.”

“I'm a bitch and it's my fault, I'm a bitch and it's my fault, I'm a bitch and it's my fault!” Cindi was pulling on Donna's arm so hard she thought it might tear free from the socket. She was desperate to get free, and would do anything Cindi told her to do at that point. The blonde snickered at her helpless prey.

“That's good, you're starting to get it. But it took you too long.”

No!” Donna howled as Cindi twisted her hand, pulling the arm away from the body with a sickening tear. She kicked and squirmed, smearing blood all over the table and herself as she squirmed beneath Cindi, her mind flooded with pain.

“Oh my god, I just got the best idea. C'mere little Bookworm, I have some modifications I wanna make.” Cindi took Donna's other arm, grinning madly as the little woman fought back ineffectually with all of her might. It was a trivial matter to tear the other arm off, and when she set Donna down again she was pleased to find that she writhed just like a worm, wriggling pathetically in a pool of her own blood.

“Well, I think I have to kill you at some point... I hope the genie liked the little show we put on together. And thanks so much for the report, I'm sure I'm gonna get a good grade with it.” She put her thumb on Donna's head, holding it against the table. “You totally should have spoken up first, you dumb bitch.” With a chuckle, Cindi pressed down, popping Donna's skull with ease.

The ball slowly started releasing its red mist again, but this time Cindi was ready for it. She sat calmly through the apparition of the entity within, smiling at its return the entire time.

“It did as it was bade, and expects reward,” the voice in her mind said.

“I did, and I do!”

“What does it want?”

“Well,” Cindi looked down at the bloody mess of a woman on the table before her. “For my first wish... I wanna be able to do that to everyone.” Despite its lack of features, when Cindi looked up at the creature again, she could tell it was smiling.