- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Okay, my bad. I fibbed a bit. It was totally an accident! Body Exploration is what kicks off the tags, and that starts in chapter 13. I didn't have all the chapters segmented when I last updated this story.

Understandably exhausted from the previous day's misadventures, Adrian slept soundly well into the afternoon, which, incidentally, was about the time he normally slept until. When his groggy eyes finally managed to prop themselves up long enough for him to be considered awake, he became aware with both mild curiosity and alarm that he was neither tucked into Anna's arm or even in the tent. Indeed, he seemed to be moving and he wasn't entirely certain as to where he was.

Still rubbing his eyes and quite sleepy, he barely managed to get out a sentence, "Ugh…where am I?"

"And here I thought you had fallen into a coma. You slept straight through breakfast and you almost slept through lunch." She reached back and retrieved him from the pouch of her backpack. She had stowed him there when he swatted her hand away as she tried to wake him.

"Lucky for you, I can keep going without food for longer than a human. We will stop for lunch in a couple hours. Also, there is a small spring there which can be used for bathing. Although, perhaps you should not use my soap. It would probably take your skin off."

She held him in front of her as she walked, eying his squirming form. Satisfied with whatever she was looking for (or at), she set him on her shoulder. Her hair was too short for him to really hang on to, so all that was left for him to steady himself with was the high collar of her shirt. His feet dangled over her shoulder and he was inadvertantly provided with a good view because of the cutout of her shirt over her breasts. She rather regretted wearing her favorite shirt.

If he so much as pretends to slip down my shirt, he'll be stuffed at the bottom of the pack!

Adrian adjusted himself and pushed the hair from his face; her staring and examining made him feel the need to ensure that his person was in order. What was that all about anyway? "Apparently even giant men-hating women have a soft spot for my looks," he proffered, mildly amused yet still abundantly distrusting and ill-feeling towards his for-the-moment traveling companion.

"Rather than bathe uh, in a pond or whatever and eat more road kill, why don't you just drop me off with some authorities or something so I can get the fuck home? I've got a show to play in just a few hours." He stole a glance at his slightly mutilated Rolex before shifting his eyes to the view below her collar. Not bad.

"I can't. For many reasons. The one who would most likely be able to help you, the Guardian, my grandfather, is off-island for a while. As is my grandmother, uncle and great-uncle. So, next in line would be my great-grandparents. But, we are about eight days from them in the opposite direction I'm traveling. And if I dropped you off anywhere else, you would probably end up being served as a delicacy. Or used as a toy."

She brushed some hair from her face and adjusted the clips that kept it out of her slate rey eyes. "Besides, even if my grandparents could help you, you would have to wait for them to procure a ship, get one in your size, travel to Eleesal, the port city, head out and try to get past the storm barrier then release your ship and say 'Good luck.' You won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I don't think any human that has landed here has ever left. Plus, I don't think you know the first thing about steering a ship, do you?"

"Well that's just fucking great! And you sure didn't seem very concerned about what happened to me when you left me in the first place! Argh, motherfucker! I've got hundreds of thousands of people waiting to hear me play! I'm too young to be exiled to the fucking boondocks! GOD DAM-" The preeminent guitarist had worked himself up into such a rage, understandably of course, that he lost his balance on the giantess' shoulder and tumbled down her front, smacking with a plop into a gargantuan fleshy mound before sliding into a damp crevice.

Adrian, small as he was, had yet to process where exactly he had fallen into and struggled to climb free, to no avail. "Jesus Christ what is this!? It's slick and smells like fucking sweat, and every time I try to climb out it fucking jiggles and moves!" He couldn't help but punch the wall in frustration. "Bullshit!"

"By the Prince, you bastard!" Anna was livid. She hurriedly fished him out and held him in front of her face. "It's scum like you that make me hate men. Here I am, doing the right thing and helping you out, keeping you alive, and you dive face-first into my cleavage! Damn you, you filthy little human. I ought to leave you for the predators!" Her face was nearly as red as her hair, a mixture of anger and embarrassment.

"I ought to have just left you in the pocket of the bag! And now I'm going to put you back there and you can stay there until I stop!"

She reached back and stuffed him down into the pocket he had been in. This time, though, she stuffed him to the bottom. He was buried under dried fruits and meats, what was most likely a compass and he could feel the moisture of what he hoped was a water bottle leaking through from another pocket. Anna roughly readjusted the backpack, purposefully jarring him, and set off at a ground-eating trot. Let him sit and stew and think about diving down the front of her shirt!

It didn't take long after she grabbed him that he began to kick and scream, "Put me down you crazy bitch! Why the fuck would I do that on purpose!? Hey, what are you doing- stop!! I didn't mean to fall down your shirt, stop!!!" As he saw more and more clearly what she intended his pleas became increasingly hysterical until they were muffled away entirely by the thick walls of her bag.

Adrian gave up shrieking and shouting shortly before he would have been hoarse, having seen that it was completely ineffectual. And as he sat there, violently jostled and shaken under the immensely disgusting weight of her detritus, he began to realize just how much power this girl had over him. In conjunction with such feelings of literal insignificance, he arrived at the conclusion that she was the first woman he had ever truly hated. Hell, even that hyper-religious Bible-thumper he had known in school, and had been perpetually tormented by due to his love of "the Devil's music," had had some redeeming qualities. Not this huge bitch though.

First chance he got, he was getting the hell out of dodge: better to risk it with predictable predators than to spend a minute more with an insane colossus!!

She stopped about an hour later. She set her pack on the ground and fished out a fresh pair of clothes, her soap and a towel. She set them to the side while she made a small camp. It was just a little fire, enough to keep the human warm in the autumn air and to cook the meat she would catch. She fished the human from the bottom of the pack. She held him in front of her face as she crouched beside the fire.

"Listen and listen well. Stay here by the fire. Nothing will bother you here. Just on the other side of that grove of trees is a small spring. I'm going to clean up then you can have a turn. Don't wander off." She stared him down as he writhed in her fingers.

After a minute, she set him down , gathered her bathing supplies and walked away. She fully expected the human to still be there when she got back. She didn't think he was stupid enough to wander off alone in a world where the scavenger animals outweighed him.

Adrian stood there in contemplation: now that he finally had the opportunity to escape, he almost didn't want to. Not out of respect for the giantess' instructions so much as due to an overwhelming fear of the wilderness. He certainly had never been one for hiking or living off of nature: he was used to hotels, cars, ordered food, maids and roadies…in short he was entirely out of his element.

Nonetheless, he came to the conclusion that he'd much rather stick it to Anna: she was incessantly rude in how high and mighty she saw herself, not to mention her sexism. Besides, the sooner he found civilization the sooner he could get back to Brimstone and has fans where he belonged. Focusing on that warming, ego-fueling thought, Adrian made sure to grab his guitar case before striking off in a direction: preferably one with minimal vegetation to have to fight through. Looking over his shoulder with a cocky grin, he thought to himself: See ya later, Psycho!

Anna came back a short while later. She was clean and in new clothes. This top had a high-necked without an open chest. It's long sleeves were detachable and it was excellently warm, thanks to the fur lining on the inside.

"You can go bathe now. I left a sliver of soap on the bank for--" She stopped when realized his life force was not by the fire. She scoured the ground around her camp and cursed. "I ought to let the wild eat you. But I gave you my damn word. Dammit!"

She grabbed her staff and headed off in the directions his minuscule track left. "Oh by the Prince, he's gone and done it again! That goes right by a ressop den!" Once again, she contemplated letting the large, wolf-like creature have its way with him. "I gave him my word. Stupid!"

She wasn't sure if she meant herself or the human. "ADRIAN!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. "Get back here if you want to live!" She heard no reply. With another curse that would have her mother whipping her, she ran off down the trail Adrian was following.

Chapter End Notes:

Also! There will be a rampage. :) I know many of you love a good, city-destroying rampage. There will be one. I won't say which chapter, just that there will be one. ;) Stay tuned!

Currently, there are twenty four completed chapters. We are working on number twenty five right now. I will update this story twice a week from here on out. Except next week. There will be no update next week. I will be going on vacation (first one in years!) so I don't plan on really being on my laptop. Au revoir!