- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Giantess Haley meets The Hero, and the two square off against each other!

With my head still craned up, I was staring into the eyes of what appeared to be a girl around my age, but her size was totally out of proportion. She had to be at least 40 feet tall! "Well hello there tiny." She said rather politely.

I jumped back a little out of surprise but kept to my guns (or swords) and as calmly as I could, replied back. As soon as I did this however, I primed my sword and sheild as I expected a fight to break out of this. I was soon given my answer. "So you're supposed to be the boy that's being talked about, even having the news reach out Goddess?" She asked.

"Yes, that's me alright. My name is-"

"DON'T TELL ME!" She bellowed, her voice having the force of a thunderclap. "This is a laugh! What makes YOU think you have a fighting chance at defeating our lovely Goddess, let alone a Giantess blessed by her?!" She chortled.

For a moment, I didn't know what to say. I was told durning my childhood that I was to someday start my journey, but that was it.

"I was told when I was younger that I was destined to someday journey to and take out the Goddess, but also prove that us regular-sized humans aren't no one to snuff at!" I said with as much confidence as possible.
"Well then, before I stomp you into the dust, my name is Haley, and you'll never make it past me!" She bellowed.

Haley was quick to make the first move. The simple, yet effective way of stomping someone into the dust. I didn't dodge. Instead, I brandished my sword, and swiftly stabbed up with it, making a noticable gouge in the girl's foot. She let out a yelp of pain and pulled back, looking at the somehow impossible cut I made on her foot.

"No, that can't be! How can that puny little sword hurt someone like me?!" She cried.

I didn't reply. Seizing the opportunity, I made a mad dash for her legs, attempting to make some cuts that then brought her to her knees. She saw me coming and swat me away her free hand. With amazing speeed I put up my shield to block. It took the majority of the hit and only pushed me back a few feet. This only added to Haley's curiosity and anger as she quickly scooped me up and tightly held me with her hand.

"And that shield! It should've been shattered to pieces when I swatted you!" She bellowed, her anger practically emenating from her face.

"Do you really think I'm just some average, every day teen who just happened to decide to become a wannabe hero?! Here's a message for your precious Goddess: Don't underestimate a person's strength!" I said with bursting confidence and courage.
Using my slyly kept daggers, I swiftly slashed at her fingers, with then dropped me to the ground at the sudden hacking they took. But not before using switching back to my sword and gouging it into her leg, cutting the huge wall of flesh I was sliding down. She let out and ear-splitting cry and hit the ground, her hands covering the wound, desperately trying (but not successfully) to stop the blood flow. This opportunity worked to my advantage as I began using my speed to quickly cut and slice her all-over, like a mosquito sucking blood and then retreating before it gets smacked. Haley could do nothing to stop me as she could keep up as to where I was or where I was going to strike next. It wasn't long before I stopped and sheathed by blades.

"I think it would be best if you retreat. I don't take pride or even like killing others, even if they are my enemies." I advised the now standing (but shaky) Giantess.
"If you're going to be merciful when it comes to facing us Giantesses, you'll find it'll be the end of you." She grunted before slowly walking off.

Once she was out of view entirely, I started my own trek to the village not too far from where I was, as I needed food and supplies for the journey ahead.

Chapter End Notes:

The Hero triumphantly wins his first fight against the Giantess Haley! But how will the Goddess react to Haley's defeat and can The Hero brave the dangers that lie ahead? Stay tuned for ThE Small Shall Rise Chapter 3: An Admirer of HUGE Proportions!