- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Yes, this chapter has a bath scene. NO there won't be anything sexual material or anything else like that because this is PG rated, but there will be a good description of what goes on in this chapter.

I simply just kept crying. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't have a name, no home, no life, I might as well've curled up into a corner and died already. "You know what? That all changes right now!" The girl said firmly.

I stopped crying to look up at her; "Wh-What do you mean?" I asked trying as much as possible to hold back the tears.

"What I mean is that starting today, you're living with me! My name is Lily and I'll be your caretaker!" She said with much vigor.

"My caretaker? But I can't do anything! I'm just a tiny speck that no one cares aboout..." I said pessimistically.

"Don't say things like that! You're not a speck if I was nice enough to bring you home once I saw you locked in that cage!" She responded trying to get my spirits up.

"Now let's see, you need a name. Hmm, how about Travis? Do you like it?" She asked eagerly awaiting my answer.

I thought to myself, but I really didn't know what to say. Since I've never had a name before, I didn't know what makes a name, so I simply went along with it.

"Sure, I guess" I said trying to at least soud ok with it.

"Good. Now why don't we get you cleaned up? You've been on the streets for so long your clothes are tattered and you're covered in dirt!" Lily said carefully picking me up and holdind in her two outstretched hands.

"We'll go to my bathroom to wash off ok Travis?"  She asked.

I sat in her hands just staring at her for a second until it dawned on me that she was tryinh out the new name I got. "Uh sure it's fine." I responded.

As Lily walked us to the bathroom, I decided to ask her a quick question, simply because I wanted to know what it was. "Lily, what are we gonna do once we get there?" I asked similar to a little kid asking his mommy what they'd do at an amusement park.

"Well, I"ll turn the water on and make sure it's warm, then you're gonna take a nice relaxing bath." Lily replied in a nice tone.

"But wait, you don't take baths do you?" She asked.

"No I don't. Even on days where it would rain, I would hide away in the darker areas trying to keep warm and I'd flinch whenever I'd hear thunder." I asnwered glumly.

Lily looked at me once again with remorseful eyes. She figured out that for someone at my height, who has no idea who he/she was, everyday was a struggle just to survive. And a thunderstorm that already sounds loud would sound even louder and frightening to anyone. Soon, we made to the bathroom where she set me down close to the sink's faucet and turned both on. It wasn't long before the water filled up the majority of the sink and it was time to start. It didn't feel weird when Lily told me to take off my old rags and get in, it actually felt kind of relaxing having Lily help me wash off (even if it meant having her wash my privates as well). After a good ten minutes, she took me out, wrapped me in a washcloth, and went back to her room, where she got me a small pair of a male doll's clothes that looked like everyday wear.

"Allright, now that we've gotten that out of the way, why don't we get you and I something to eat?" Lily asked.

It hadn't even occured to me yet that all I ate today was that piece of sausage from earlier, and an actual meal for someone my height sounded like a good idea. "Sure, I'd love something to eat!" I said with renewed emtion. After seeing how calm, gentle and kind Lily was, I think life was really starting to look up for me.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Reviews and comments are welcome. I really like writitng this stuff!