- Text Size +
I took one more glance at Shauna, sitting on the ground and staring up at Chloe in silent wonderment. "No. Never. You said it doesn't always work, and that means I can fight it. I won't let you do this to me."

Chloe gave a little jerk of her chin and Shauna eagerly crawled up onto the bed with her. "Nightclothes, dear," she declared for the benefit of her servant, then turned back to address me while Shauna started undressing her, slipping off her blazer and starting to nimbly unfasten the buttons of her silken blouse.

"I've done this dozens of times, little Lucy." She was watching me intently, but I couldn't stop staring as more and more of her perfect, milk white flesh was exposed. "Already your defiance is mostly feigned. I can see it in your eyes, you belong to me."

Those eyes she spoke of were wholly fascinated by the way Shauna slipped off the woman's blouse and then immediately slipped back to the ground, unfastening and slipping Chloe's skirt down simultaneously, dragging it smoothly along her magnificently slender stockinged legs. I don't know how long she watched me watch her, but eventually she spoke again.

"Still," she mused, drawing my eyes back to her own with a jolt. Instantly I realized I'd been staring intently at a half-naked woman, and my cheeks flushed with shame. "It does give me the perfect opportunity to demonstrate the more significant and exciting added feature of the Flare Ball. Shauna, fetch the other from the drawer."

Her eyes never left me, and something about her supremely confident smirk left me wondering if every detail of this entire scene was orchestrated just for me. Shauna didn't bother to rise from her knees, and I watched her crawl the couple feet to the nightstand and retreive another of those dull grey spheres, then hand it over to Chloe.

"Let me show you what happens when things don't work quite as they should." She stretched out her leg, kicking away the short skirt that had pooled about her feet, then rose back to her full height before me.

Without her heels, we were almost the same height, but as she took her first step towards me, I felt as though I were staring up into the clouds. Her presence towered over me, even if her person seemed not to. My heart hammered in my chest. Blood rushed in my ears. My mouth was dry, my fingertips numb...

Her panties were black. Her bra, too, and they were the deepest, truest black I'd ever seen, but they were trimmed with bits of brilliant red ribbon, perfectly matched to the shade of her stockings, and I wondered at how she'd found such things. Were they sold in a set? No, they fit her so perfectly, hugging her immaculate hips and breasts in the most amazing way. They must have been custom crafted just for her, perfect for her perfect figure, for the way she moved and every slow, swaying step...

"Sit," she commanded, voice low and flat and insistent. Immediately I flung myself to the ground, hard enough that I was certain to bruise. I was immediately aware of my parted lips and shallow breath, and immediately shut my mouth, doing nothing else but staring upwards as she stood over me.

"I think you're familiar with him, aren't you?" she continued, grinning broadly as she extended her hand towards me, displaying the tiny figure trapped inside the translucent ball.

"Calem," I whispered, reaching out to touch the ball that held him, but Chloe slapped my hand away, causing me to whimper in distress.

"Yes, your little neighbor," she murmured as we both watched him. From the moment he'd seen me, he'd started banging on the plastic, shouting something neither of us could hear. His tiny fists struck the surface of the ball again and again. "You two are from the same town, have the same eight Badges and experienced almost the same journey. He was with you when you defeated Lysander and splintered our organization, even. But when you were in the ball, you had a very different experience than him, didn't you?"

I thought back to being held in Chloe's hand. I'd already tried to drive the thought from my mind, but it came flooding back so easily. I bowed my head, cheeks burning, and couldn't keep myself from nodding.

She crouched a little and slipped her fingers beneath my chin, turning my face back upwards. "Watch this," she whispered with a gleam in her eyes. She held the ball before me, inches from my face, and I watched Calem call to me, screaming what looked like my name and perhaps a few other things. Chloe’s thumb slid across the ball’s surface and settled on the smaller of two buttons, the second one that I wasn’t used to seeing on all the balls I’d purchased and used in my time. I squinted, preparing for the burst of light I expected to fill my vision, but it never came.

The ball cracked open. The hinge squeaked the faintest bit, and Calem spilled out into Chloe’s waiting palm.

He may barely have been over an inch long. I could hear his tiny voice now, squealing, “Lucy! Lucy,” and some other things I still couldn’t quite make out. He started to rush towards me, clambering over the little creases in Chloe’s hand and starting to climb the curve of her fingers, and I watched his progress with fascination until she decided he’d gone far enough and drew her fingers together, pinning him between her thumb and two longest fingers.

“This is the key, Lucy,” she whispered while standing over me, holding the closest thing I’d had to a rival between her fingers. “Pokeballs have always done amazing things, not the least of which is converting living beings into… energy, for lack of a better term. We haven’t mastered the entirety of the process yet, but we’ve managed to tweak it… override and alter the process to accomplish incredible things. Already you’ve seen firsthand how we can keep people conscious and aware of their surroundings while in containment...”

I felt thoroughly faint once again. I locked my arm to keep myself from collapsing, supporting most of my weight on it as I leaned to the side, and while I was listening, I can’t be sure I really heard and understood everything she said. All I could manage was the single most obtuse realization one could make in that situation. “He’s so… tiny.”

“Yes,” Chloe breathed, the end of the word giving way to a long sigh of supreme satisfaction. “Roughly two percent of the original size after the Flare Ball transformation process. It’s…” she paused, laying a hand across her chest and drawing a deep breath. Her eyes shone with an undeniable, electric excitement as she spoke on this particular subject. “It’s truly incredible, isn’t it? Do you understand what this means?”

I leaned in closer, forgetting most of the danger of my predicament for the moment in light of really examining this miniscule version of my friend. “Run, Lucy,” he called out while trying in vain to fight against the slender thumb that covered most of his body. “Get out of here, she’s insane, you have to stop them!”

I looked up at her, overcoming the incredible urge to wilt before the unadulterated beauty of her nearly nude form for the first time. “It means you’ve taken everything from him. It means he’ll never see his family or his Pokemon or his friends again, he’ll never do anything at all!”

Again, Chloe barely reacted to my tirade. It was infuriating, how she laughed off every rebuke of her I could manage, and this time she even reached out and ruffled my hair a bit before she responded. “Sweet Lucy, you have to pardon my choice of phrase, but you’re thinking too small. This is the future, don’t you see? This is salvation!”

I shifted back to sitting straight up now, bolstered by my growing anger. How dare she reduce Calem to this tiny facsimile of himself. How dare she kidnap me and hold me here, destroy my Butterfree and turn Shauna into her pet and how dare she even say things like this! How dare she even think them!

“What are you saying?” I growled, feeling my nose wrinkle and my eyes narrow as I did my best to stare her down.

“Lysander was right about some things,” she murmured, letting her attention drop back to Calem as she parted her fingers and let him slide down along her fingers. She started to idly toy with him, dumping him from one hand to another and watching him squirm and scurry around. “This world’s resources can’t long sustain us at the rate we’re progressing. Granted, he had a certain flare for the dramatic and thought wiping out the majority of humanity would be the perfect way to fix this little problem, but I’ve created a far more elegant solution, don’t you think?”

I shook my head slowly. “No. No way.”

“Think about it, Lucy,” she purred, crouching down as I’d done so many times when speaking to little children on my journey. “Two percent. Humanity could continue to breed and prosper to its content for an eternity without limits. In one fell swoop, the world’s resources would be effectively increased by a factor of fifty, giving us thousands of years of comfort and prosperity. It’s magnificent, Lucy, and the benefits are nearly innumerable.

“It’s impossible,” I stammered, knowing but also somehow praying that what I said was true. “You’ll never be able to capture every single person in the world, there’s just no way!”

She stayed crouched for a moment longer and laid her hand along my cheek, eliciting another brief and involuntary blush on my part as she continued to speak to me. “We’ll have some help, dear. After all, you’re the very best, right? Better than anyone ever was, they’ve said.

Her hand lifted from my face, and it took every ounce of my will to keep from pouting at the loss of her touch. I looked upwards to her as she rose back to her full height, seeming so far above me, and almost pleaded with her. “I’ll resist you, though. People will fight you.”

“Not nearly so much as you might think, pet,” she assured me. “Still, for those that do try to stand in my way…”

I watched her hand slowly turn, her fingers extend and open and the tiny form of a young man begin to plummet through the air towards the hard floor below. I tried to scream, but something caught in my throat. I tried to push myself forward, but I only managed to shift to my hands and knees, watching him crash to the ground, bounce once, and lay there, groaning and writhing in discomfort. I looked up at her, ready to shout at her for her carelessness, but her shimmering green eyes remained locked on the ground, not even seeming to notice me. She was totally focused, biting her lip, and her hand had slowly come to rest on her hip.

I looked back to Calem, and already he was in her shadow, kicking at the ground and trying to crawl away, but his half-broken body was failing him. She’d only lifted her foot a few inches off of the ground, but she was definitely taking her time, flexing her toes within their silken red stocking, slowly lowering them towards the scrabbling, screaming tiny boy.

“No!” I finally cried out, louder than I’d ever imagined I possibly could, but by then it was already too late. Her merciless foot already rested on top of him, pinning him flat. I thought he might already be gone, but she must have paused to savor his struggles, because next I heard Chloe’s small and soft (and exhilarating) moan, and immediately after, I watched her heel rise, her ankle pivot, her toes spread and I saw the pressure build for the briefest of instants before the faintest wet crunch told me it was over.

"You... killed him," I whispered, covering my mouth and struggling to hold back the bile rising in my throat, even as she continued to twisting and grinding her foot slowly atop whatever was left of Calem.

"I crushed an obstacle, Lucy," she purred, finally liftting her foot and reveling the grisly mess that my friend had been reduced to. For a second, her stocking stuck to the floor, but it quickly pulled away with a horrible, wet peeling sound. Chloe didn't pause, didn't even look back as she turned and strolled back to her bed. Her first few steps left just faint little traces of red wetness behind, and I found myself horrifyingly riveted by every motion of her murderous foot.

"I'll do the same to anything that gets in my way," she declared, voice low and dark as she settled back onto her bed. "Shauna, stockings," she murmured without taking her eyes from mine, and the girl was swiftly on her knees, fingers carefully sliding up along Chloe's shapely leg and peeling the crimson nylon downwards. As she worked, her head dipped down and she guided the administrator's heel further into the air, displaying the terrible wet spot on her sole.

My chest heaved, my stomach lurched as I watched Shauna press her lips to what Calem had left behind, even start to sensually lick at the stain my neighbor, our friend had left behind on Chloe's cruel and beautiful foot.

"So tell me again, little Lucy," Chloe purred, her bright eyes smoldering with sultry delight. "Tell me what I can't do, about resisting and fighting me. Tell me about stopping me."

It was too much. Calem was dead. Worse than dead, he was crushed like an insect and reduced to nothing more than a wet mess on the floor. I doubled over, clutching my gut, and was grateful to feel the cool ground against my cheek.

"Exactly, little girl. I am unstoppable."

I couldn't bare to look, but I heard another little murmur of pleasure, and then a click. "Return," Chloe commanded, and I was enveloped in light, hurtling through the air.