- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I gave up on trying to have the narrator go unnamed throughout the story. I wanted to give it a try to add to the reader's immersion but it was becoming too clumsy and cumbersome. I'll edit previous chapters later for consistency, but our dear champion's name is Lucy.

***************
"Shauna was the first one that I caught," Chloe mused, half to herself. By now, my friend had finished worshipfully tonguing the woman's shoes to a shine and reverently removed them, and was now giving her attentions and affections to her stockinged feet. "The others all have their places and roles to fill, but I decided to keep her with me."

Shauna's eyes slipped upwards for a moment while she continued to nuzzle and kiss her keeper's red nylons, and Chloe paused for a bit to affectionately stroke the girl's cheek with her toes. "They say the first you capture is always special. I must admit, I do enjoy her company."

"That's not Shauna," I murmured through half-clenched teeth and narrowed eyes. I felt sick to my stomach, like the whole world was swimming around me. "Shauna wouldn't... she'd never be someone's... someone's slave."

Still, I watched Shauna bow further towards the floor, stretching out and cupping her hands so that Chloe could rest her foot on them instead of the floor. She busied herself by laying her head on the ground and gently kissing along her instep. Even as Chloe let her other foot casually settle onto the side of Shauna's head, rubbing gently back and forth against her skin, they both seemed utterly content, even pleased. It was so casual, so common for them, like they'd sat like this dozens of times.

Chloe's eyes lifted from the girl beneath her feet and returned to me. "You've never really considerd what happens when you catch a Pokemon, have you, Lucy? It never seemed odd to you that a proud Terrakion would fight against you with all its strength in one moment, and in the next, after you'd battered and weakened and trapped it in a ball, it would immediately fight for you and obey your commands?"

Of course I'd never considered that. It was just how Pokemon were. It's how they'd always been, even hundreds of years ago when people first started carving Apricorns.

Chloe ran her fingers through her hair, tossing a few locks over her shoulder with a slow, thrilling shake of her head, then leaned towards me. I swallowed hard and took a step back, and Shauna purred softly to feel the added weight pressing down on her.

"Pokeballs do far more than just contain our Pokemon, you see. They transform them, influence and even reprogram them, preparing them for obedience. Really, Pokemon and people are not so different. The experience is different for everyone, and humans are certainly more mentally complex than most Pokemon, so the transition isn't quite so instantaneous. After enough time, though, it's almost always just as complete."

She paused and raised her toes, softly tapping her foot on Shauna's cheek beneath it. "Isn't that right, sweetheart? You're as happy as you've ever been, aren't you?"

Shauna's only reply was a muffled giggle and a sultry little "mmhmmm," as she wriggled back a little and drew her tongue along the side of Chloe's largest toe, bringing a soft sigh from the powerful executive sitting above her.

"You're a monster," I hissed, half-turned to the side and trying not to look at the frightening and weirdly alluring scene playing out before me. "You just can't do this! Someone's going to stop you... I'll stop you."

There was a moment of silence, but before long it was broken by a stifled snicker. "Oh, honey," Chloe murmured while shaking her head and scooting back onto her bed. Her feet lifted from Shauna as she did so, and the girl seemed to pout for a moment but was quickly back up, sitting on her haunches like the obedient puppy she seemed to have become. "I've already seen it in you. Unfortunately, the rare person seems incompatible with the transforming nature of our Flare Balls, but you..."

She bit her lip, looking me over with a chillingly predatory eye, then smirked. "You're going to be just as happy as your little friend before long, don't you worry."