- Text Size +
Story Notes:

As usual the background chapter

      It was that time of year for vacations; summer. I kicked around ideas about where I could take the family and couldn’t think of anything. I went over to my buddy James’ house to see if he had any ideas. James has been my friend since high school and now he was a teacher. Poor guy would always tell me how the kids pissed him off every day in class but now he seemed more relaxed than ever. I met his new wife and his sister-in-law and they seemed pretty nice. “James I have not a damn clue on where to go this year. Got any ideas?” I asked him. “No man. I use my simulator if I want to get away. You should try that” he told me. “No thanks, I want the real thing. Besides I’m no tech head like you” I laughed.

                We talked for a few more hours till it got late and I headed home.  Sitting in front of the holo-tv, I flicked past the shows until a commercial caught my eye. It was for Dimensional Getaways. I heard of this new fad. You see about 25 years ago, scientists discovered inter-dimensional travel. Needless to say the first thing people did was exploit the new frontiers. New resources, colonization, trade, etc. The United World Government got involved when complaints about eco-exploitation and oppression of these newly discovered people came to light. The government didn’t care too much till new diseases popped up.  Apparently, we didn’t just import natural resources. We imported native diseases too.  After the big Neo Influenza scare of 2077, regulations were set in place when it came to dimensional travel. First, worlds are explored by robotic probes. If the environment is safe, then manned expeditions are made. 

      They find new worlds every day but find even more too dangerous to allow travel. Some environmental hazards and some hazards involving the population were the usual reason. Nowadays, selected worlds are used for vacation purposes. Imagine a world devoid of people where you can walk around naked and have sex anywhere you want or a world where a pristine beach takes up most of the land.

      “Carol, what do you think about going to Dimensional Getaways?” I asked my wife.  My wife thought about it for a second. “It sounds nice Mike. It sure beats just sitting here like last year” she answered. Just then I heard the front door open and close. “Mom, Dad, I’m home” my daughter cried out. My energetic girl ran to her room to change out of her school clothes. She emerged a few minutes later wearing a tee-shirt and sweatpants. Looking at my little cutie, at 15 I could see that she was already looking to become a knockout like her mother. She plopped down on the sofa and started watching holo-tv. “Amy, what do you think about going to some nice world for vacation this year?” my wife asked. “I got no problem mom but Nick might. He wants to hang with his friends this summer” Amy answered.

      Nick was my son and Amy’s twin brother He was at that age where he was always brooding over some shit. “He can still see his friends. We’ll only be gone for 2 weeks.” I told her. Nick walked in late as usual and tried sneaking to his room till he got busted by my wife. She gave him an earful about being late and not calling. After her lecture, we told him about our vacation plans. He was fine with it as long as we were back for some music concert later this month.

      We booked out trip for next week and waited. The day to leave came and just in time. The weather was shitty to say the least. Wind and rain by the assload pelted the city. “Everybody packed and ready to go?” I asked everybody. They all said yes like I asked them something stupid and piled into our hover-van. I drove down the street thinking about our upcoming trip. We arrived at the departure gates and walked to our transport pad. We were booked to go to Earth 177; a world where there was no people and the land was nothing but island chains. 2 weeks of fun in the sun here I come. An announcement alerted us to our transport. The pad could only transport 6 at a time so the lines were a little long but we had first class tickets so we were up first. First to leave and choice of island. Cost enough. We stepped on the pad and prepared to go. I heard them pad hum and felt the tingle of the dimensional field forming, then a thunderous boom. Something was wrong. Everyone was shouting. I saw the frightened look of the agents and my family. I strained to hear what they were shouting.

      “Lightning struck the transformer! Shut down the transport! I can’t, the transport protocol has already begun! The coordinates are scrambled! God sakes shut it-“was the last thing I heard before a blast of light knocked me unconscious. I was the first to wake up and to notice something was wrong. There was no arrival gate, no people, no nothing. I did notice the funny shrubs dotting the landscape like a miniature forest. I snapped back to focus when I remembered my family. They were still knocked out but okay but were now naked. Holy shit I was naked too! What happened?!

      “Oh my head…Mike what happened?”  my wife said holding her head in pain trying to stand.  “Jesus my clothes! I’m naked!” she yelled seeing that she was nude. “Were all naked Carol” I said pointing to myself and our kids. Carol looked at me and the kids in disbelief.  She went over to check on them and saw that they were okay. She shook them awake and asked them if they were okay. With a few groggy yes’ from them, Carol relaxed.  Amy realizing she was naked tried to cover herself up but wither mom’s budding figure, it wasn’t working to well. Nick wasn’t doing much better. Seeing his sister’s tits was giving him an erection only a teen could sport. Nick blushed and turned away.

      “Dad where are we?” Nick asked. “I don’t know son. This obviously isn’t the resort we were supposed to arrive at” I answered. “Maybe if we walk a little we can find some help or at least some clothes” Carol said to us. We all agreed and began walking through the cluster of knee high shrubs no knowing where it would take us. After a half-hour of walking Amy spotted something strange.

      “Dad, mom look at that funny creature!” she cried out. Amy pointed to a 5 inch big animal running away from us. Strangely enough, it looked like a horse. “That was weird” Nick said watching it run away. Our walk was interrupted again when we saw what looked like a bird fly past us but it was impossibly small barely an inch big. We wondered what kind of animals were on this planet. “Nick stop staring at my ass!” Amy yelled at her brother. “Nick stop it” Carol said to her son. “I can’t help it! Sorry!” Nick said embarrassed he was caught looking. “I need some leaves or something so my pervy brother will stop staring at me” Amy said looking on the ground for leaves. “Dammit, where are the leaves on this planet or trees for that matter!?” she yelled. “Actually I’ve been wondering the same thing Mike” Carol whispered to me.

      “I think these shrubs are trees. Look at them. They have a trunk and branches like trees” I told her. “What these things? No way.” She said back. The kids noticed us talking now. “These are trees dad?” Amy asked. “I think so and judging by the size of the animals here everything is much smaller on this world” I responded.  They agreed with my reasoning barely believing that they now roamed a miniature world. “ Why are we naked anyway?” Nick asked. “I think it’s how we ended up here. I remember reading how they had problems with the dimensional transports in the beginning. If the scanners feeding coordinate data was off, they could only send living matter through. I did see them say the coordinates were scrambled before we were transported. Since our clothes are mostly synthetic…” I droned on. “Oh…I see. Will they find us dad?” he asked. “I’m sure they will son” I said lying.

      I had no fuckin’ clue if they ever would. There were so many worlds out there. It might take years for them to find us. “Dad, I’m hungry and thirsty” Amy whined. “Me too” Nick chimed in.

      “We need to find food and water Mike” Carol said concerned. “I know Carol…I know” I said. Fortunately we found a stream with clean water. We drank it and rested from our walk. Now we just need to find food.  We got back up and Carol spotted what looked like tiny dirt trail on the ground. “Is this a road Mike?” she asked. Could there be humans on this world? Humans tiny like the rest of the animals here? Maybe they had food. Whatever the case we need to find out. We all followed the trail till we saw something incredible. A little father ahead laid small miniature village like a child’s playset in front of us.  We stumbled to it exhausted from walking and rife with hunger. We all collapsed near the small town. My family drifted off to sleep with the setting sun. My eyes began to close but I did see something moving toward me. I muttered “please help us” then fell asleep.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Now that the boring prologue is done, the next chapter will have more action I promise.