- Text Size +

Dan coughed and sputtered as small rocks that were completely imperceptible to Kat's enormous friend Steph pelted down at him from on high. He slowly pulled himself up to his hands and knees before coming to an entirely upright standing position. Dan swallowed hard as he gazed up the dirty soles of Steph's sandals, realizing that her feet were easily two, or maybe even three times, his size.

The way her right foot bobbed up and down on her ankle, and rubbed against her left foot filled him with dread. It was as if her feet were simply taunting him with their size and power. Yet, she had no idea he was even there, cowering before her.

“Oh my God, Steph!” Kat's voice carried from the kitchen. Dan instantly heard her boots slamming down against the hardwood of the floor as she raced over to the coffee table.

No, Dan thought, don't freak out!

“What?” Steph asked as she sat up slightly looking toward the coffee table.

Dan turned rapidly between the two enormous women. Kat stood high above him, chewing her lip while her eyes were locked on his small form. Trapped as it was in a precarious position beneath Steph's sandals. “What is it?” Steph asked again as she started sitting up further and leaning forward. As she did, those huge sandals changed position and fell rapidly downward as she moved to plant her feet directly onto the table.

Dan screamed in terror and dove forward again, landing between Steph's tanned feet as they collapsed onto the coffee table. At his small size, it was easy for Dan to hear his roommate's sharp terrified intake of breath while she watched him nearly die at the feet of one of her friends.

“Did I get it?” Steph asked as she brushed some of her long blond hair behind her ear and lifted her foot slightly to inspect her theoretical kill. Dan turned to see her big brown eyes narrow down on him. “Oh I missed. Don't worry, Kat, I know how much you hate little creepy crawly things,” Steph's voice was full of confident reassurance as she carefully angled her foot above Dan. Dan swallowed hard, the slow careful movement right before a sudden one was how lots of people dealt with insects and bugs.

“Wait! Don't!” Kat finally cried as the ball of Steph's foot hovered directly over her shrunken roommate.

“What? Why?”

“Because it's not a bug.”
“Then what the hell is it?” Dan saw light once more as Steph pulled back her foot setting it on the ground with a light thud. Her other foot remained on the coffee table, her toes flexing against the soft leather straps of her sandals. “Wait a minute...” Steph leaned down, her blond hair forming a curtain around him, “Is that like a little action figure or something?”

“No, it's Dan.”

“Dan... you're roommate Dan?” Steph turned to look up at Kat who slowly nodded. “How the hell did he get like that?”

“I don't know!” Dan finally managed as he finally brought himself to a standing position.

Steph instantly burst into laughter, “Oh my God, that's what he sounds like?”

“What? What happened to my voice?”

“You didn't tell him?” Steph's eyes once more darted up to Kat.

“No, I figured it was better not to.”

“What the hell are you two talking about?”

“You sound like those cartoon chipmunks.” Steph continued to giggle as she stared down at him.

“Oh God...” Was all Dan could muster in response.

Steph's giggles eventually faded but her gaze didn't. The enormous girl continued to stare down at him, watching his every slightest move with immense fascination. “What are you going to do with him?” She asked after a long pause.

“I don't know,” Kat replied as she simply stepped over the coffee table and collapsed into the couch. She crossed one of her huge milky legs over the other and shook her head. “We don't even know how he ended up like that. He said he got really tired after eating breakfast and then just passed out. He woke up like that.”
“Oh...” Steph nodded while her friend spoke before looking down at Dan once again, “Wait, what did you have for breakfast?”

“Bacon and eggs,” he answered, unable to comprehend just how that information helped.

“What kind of bacon?”

“Oscar Mayer.”

The look of disgust that crossed the young girl's face was all the more pronounced by the fact that it was bigger than a jumbotron. Steph then turned to Kat, patting her lightly on the thigh, “Didn't you tell me the other week that he eats like nothing but just processed crap?”

“Yeah,” Kat said, “He's always guzzling down soda with high fructose corn syrup and eating all sorts of shit that's just terrible.”

“That could totally do it. I mean, who knows what chemicals are in all of that kind of stuff and how they might interact when inside of a human body with all the bacteria and other things that are in there.” Steph began vigorously nodding as she looked down at the shrunken man before her, “You really need to take better care of yourself, Dan. Especially since you're like, what? Forty?”

“I'm thirty-six!” Dan shouted back.

“Oh...” Steph bit her lip and awkwardly looked back at Kat. Dan was amazed to watch his roommate give her friend an apologetic shrug.

“You thought I was forty?!”

“I don't know, you're divorced and stuff,” Kat threw up her hands, before gesturing down at him, “At least I was in the ballpark. Four years off isn't that bad.”

“But you went four years up! You tell people I'm forty!”

“Look, that's not that point,” Steph announced, her booming voice cutting through the whole conversation. “The point is that you need to do like a juice cleanse or something. I do one like once every three months. Really flush out all of the toxins from your system, and then start eating stuff that's actually good for you, like kale and avocados.” Kat nodded along, placing her hands on her bent knee. Steph's huge feet rose back up, settling against the edge of the coffee table as she continued, “Like you could get him started on a whole new diet, you know?”

“That's a really good point,” Kat had a bright smile which grew even wider as she looked down at Dan.

“No, that's... ridiculous!” Dan shouted up at the two young twenty somethings. “I shrunk! This isn't going to be solved with superfoods and hot yoga!”

“Oh my god, Bikram would definitely help you out a lot.” Was the only reply that came from Steph.

“Is it really as good as people say it is?” Kat suddenly asked, touching her friend's arm to get her attention.

“You've never done it?”

“No, I always thought it just sounded way too intense.”

“Oh, it is fantastic,” Steph said excitedly, “I mean, it's really hard when you first start out cause it gets so hot but it's still just yoga, you know? So it's all the stretching and meditation but combined with like a really good sweat. Afterward I just feel like, completely rejuvenated.”

“That sounds really cool. Maybe we should go together sometime.”

“Yes! I normally do it on Wednesdays at this little studio in Bushwick.”

Dan couldn't believe what he was hearing as the two giant girls above him prattled on about hot fucking yoga while he stood just a few inches tall at their feet. The pair of them so quickly became so absorbed in their own lives that it was mind boggling to him. He was a shrunken person. That alone would make most physicists weak in the knees but these girls thought it was better to talk about going to some sweat lodge in Bushwick to stretch for an hour than his existence.

Realization hit Dan like a ton of bricks. The alternative to being a lab rat for scientists that would poke and prod him was being at the mercy of Kat and her zany friends. She was so much bigger than him that if she wanted him to do hot yoga there wasn't much he could do to stop it.

“I just think that ultimately, it's a really great opportunity for this little guy to take better care of himself,” Steph's mention of a 'little guy,' was the only clue Dan had to start paying attention to the conversation again. Steph then smiled at her friend, “And you could totally help him with that, Kat. You're like so awesome at organizing stuff and making a routine.”

“That's true. Isn't that kind of exciting, Dan?” She asked looking down at her shrunken roommate as she and her hippy-dippy friend apparently decided the remainder of his life.

“Kat,” Dan called up as he stared at the two giant women, whose faces looked down at him. He paused as he gazed into those huge faces, there was excitement and happiness in them certainly but there was also a dash of superiority. These two girls knew what he needed to do and had now decided that the reason he had shrunk was because of his diet. Dan swallowed hard as he struggled to chose his next words, “I... I just don't know...”

What?! He screamed inside of his own head. Where the hell had that come from?

“Steph's right, Dan. Even if it's not the reason for why it happened, why wouldn't you take the chance that eating healthier and exercising wouldn't make you big again?”

Dan struggled as he tried to put into words the fact that everything the two girls had said was complete nonsense. He turned from Kat who sat there, legs crossed, with her huge black boot swinging up and down with enough power to smash a building apart to her friend Steph, whose beautiful face he gazed up into from over the tips of her wiggling toes. There was no arguing with the pair. Not at this moment. Not when it was both of them out to 'improve' him.

Just before the pause became too long though a loud bell rang.

“Oh, the brownies,” Kat said, jumping up with such speed and excitement that Dan had to double take to realize she had actually jumped over the immense coffee table he was on.

“Sweet!” Cried Steph as she too rose up from the couch and stepped over Dan. His head turned skyward as her enormous skirt was parted by the tan columns she called legs. He could see the pristine white panties that she wore and tried to at least console himself that being at the mercy of Kat and her friends at least had some obvious benefits.