- Text Size +

All Dan Henderson really wanted was to take a nap.


Yet as he sat on a pile of wood chips in a small steel cage, all Dan could do was think of those first few days after he had shrunk. They haunted him still to this day. He constantly wondered if there was some way he could have avoided this fate, though in some ways he always knew it was going to happen. Or at least he knew it was going to happen in some form or another.


Sitting there, in his cold steel cage with its water bottle and hamster wheel, he just really wished it hadn't been this precise iteration that had come to pass. Really, any other version of his captivity would have been better than this.


At that moment though, it wasn't so bad.


He was alone, like he normally was, and he had nothing to do. That's why he preferred to fill his day with naps, because the alternative meant sitting on top of wood chips staring out at the room of his owner.


Well, she was more than his owner.


She was also his doctor.


After his second night in Julia's apartment, he had been passed off to her sister Leslie for further study. Within his first few days of captivity, the test results had come back negative and at first it seemed like the rest of his life would be filled with medical examinations to determine exactly what had happened. The medical examinations grew more and more infrequent though, and the commands to do all sorts of silly things to amuse Leslie had become all the more present.


Outside, through the window of her nice Chelsea apartment, Dan could see that it was almost spring. He tried to remember if this was his first or second spring in Leslie's care. The days just seemed to blur together until time had lost all meaning. Had he been staring out at her bedroom for a few minutes or hours?


Dan sighed, thinking back to Kat and how she had almost killed him that very first day. Kat had been such a pretty young woman. He wondered what had happened to her. He knew that Julia had gotten rid of the apartment in Brooklyn the second she could, and she certainly had no love for the young twenty-something redhead.


“Julia,” he muttered beneath his breath.


She was getting married again. To the young buck she had brought home that night. Dan wasn't supposed to know. He had only learned about it because of Leslie complaining to Julia about the bridesmaid dresses. Not that they were ugly, but that they were going to be different at all from the ones they had used when she and Dan had gotten married. Apparently though, Leslie was the only bridesmaid who had managed to keep her figure years later.


A shiver went through his body, and Dan pulled himself to his feet and stumbled to his 'bed.' It consisted of several of Leslie's socks bundled together into a sort of nest. He hated it. Unlike when Julia had given him a sock to sleep in, these were all well worn. They reeked of Leslie's sweat, and most of them had holes in them that meant she couldn't wear them anymore. Dan pulled one over his body as she tried to force himself to fall asleep. At least for a little while.


“Rise and shine, little bug,” Leslie's voice jolted Dan awake as she set his cage down on an ottoman.


Dan shuddered in fear as he gaped up at his huge former sister-in-law. She was truly a giantess as she sat in her huge arm chair. As always she was dressed plainly in a t-shirt and jeans, and her black hair was pulled back in a pony tail. She had the same superior look on her face that she always did when she gazed down at him. A simple expression that Dan had always interpreted as her saying, 'I won.'


Her long delicate fingers came down, and undid the latch on the cage's door above him. Leslie's huge hand snaked in and snatched him up from his bed with ease. She carried him all the way up to her face, her eyes carefully inspecting him as she looked. “You'll have to run on your little wheel later, your gaining too much weight,” two of her fingers came up and pinched a miniscule amount of flab that was clinging to his body. Her eyes narrowed in annoyance when Dan winced from her pinching.


“Yes, Mistress,” Dan replied. The days of calling her Leslie, or Doctor were distant memories.


Leslie smiled as she set him down on the expansive ottoman. With one hand she easily picked up his cage and moved it to her floor. For a moment she busied herself on the ground untying her shoes before slipping them off her feet and setting them down on the ottoman in front of Dan.


The dark gargantuan running shoes were scuffed in a few places and Dan even noticed a few small stains along the toe of the right sneaker. “Someone's stupid little spawn dribbled ice cream on my shoes today. So make sure they're clean.” Leslie had always detested children, though it wasn't until Dan was pressed into cleaning her shoes one evening after someone's infant had knocked a jar of baby food onto the ground that he had realized just how deep her dislike ran.


As Dan set to work licking the shoes clean he watched as Leslie planted her enormous feet up onto the ottoman and let out a relaxing sigh. She was wearing an older pair of socks that day, deeply stained from grime and sweat, with several small holes showing her flawless flesh beneath. As Leslie's smart phone beeped and booped in response to whatever it was she was doing, her massive toes wiggled inside their cotton prison.


Dan paused as he saw one of her toes pop out through a hole he hadn't noticed, wiggling freely in the light of early day. Leslie's huge foot shivered, and she looked down at the naked toe. “Hmm, looks like these are just about ready to be your new blanket, huh, Dan?” She laughed to herself before turning her gaze to the shrunken man. “I'm serious, Dan, there better not be any ice cream on that shoe when you're done.”


“Yes, Mistress,” Dan said nearly instantly before dragging his tongue back across the toe of Leslie's sneaker. He had no idea how many licks it would take till the shoe met Leslie's exacting standards but it didn't really matter.


Dan would be cleaning her shoes till he ended up beneath them.