- Text Size +

Dan awoke the next morning to the sound of Julia's feet thumping against the floor. His whole world shuddered as she moved about, and he couldn't help but stare as he watched her casually fling off her pajamas and throw them into a nearby hamper. Even now she still looked stunning, her stomach still flat, her breasts still perky, muscle still shining through beneath her skin. Dan watched as her long fingers ran through her dark hair, fluffing the enormous tresses over her finely sculpted shoulders.


He could tell from the way her lips curled ever so slightly that she knew he was watching. Dan always had watched her get up in the mornings. She always seemed so beautiful first thing in the morning, and he had no idea why.


Julia strode away on her skyscraper sized legs, and Dan could hear the distant noise of a shower running so he carefully laid his head back down against the cool end table so he could catch a bit more sleep. He lay there, in her warm sock, drifting in and out until she returned, wrapped in a fluffy towel. She walked into her huge walk-in closet and he laid there, listening to her sifting through clothing, deciding on what to wear.


She stepped out and walked right over to him, dressed in a crisp black blouse and a dark brown skirt. She wore no stockings today, but from the sharp click and thunderous booms of her footfalls Dan knew she was wearing a pair of pumps. When she picked him up in her huge hand, he caught sight of the shining black leather shoes far below. Julia cleared her throat ever so slightly, causing his head to snap up to her wonderfully made up face framed by her long dark hair.


“I'm going to leave you on the coffee table for today, Dan,” she announced as she began to walk. Each of her steps traveled through her body causing him to bounce ever so slightly against her expansive palm. “Don't worry though, I've left you some food and water, and a little bowl for well, you know...” She frowned ever so slightly as she set him down on the large glass expanse.


Dan looked to his right to see a single small bowl set far away from the couch and anything else, obviously the bowl for him to relieve himself in. To his left was a bowl piled high with mixed nuts and a bowl filled to the brim with water. Dan walked over to the small glass containers, and stared into their contents before turning his head to look up at his ex-wife. He wanted to say something but his voice caught in his throat.


“It's the best I could do on short notice, Dan,” was the only reply she offered. He watched as her gigantic form bent all the way down and her fingers carefully grasped a few nuts from his bowl before popping them into her enormous mouth. “Besides,” the nuts crunched loudly between her teeth, “The nuts are pretty good.” Julia dusted off her hands high above, completely unaware of the salt and crumbs she rained down upon Dan before stopping. “Oh, one more thing, I have a... late meeting tonight, so you'll have to fend for yourself for most of the day but the remote for the television is right there.” One last check at her wrist watch and Julia frowned, “I really have to get going. Bye, Dan.”


A blown kiss was all he received before the gigantic woman disappeared carried away on shapely legs that towered far above him.


Dan frowned as he walked away from the respective food and water bowls, their very existence making him feel more and more like a pet that would be simply forgotten about most days because it was more convenient than actually taking care of him. At least she had thought to give him somewhere safe to urinate. While draining himself, Dan spotted a small pile of torn up tissues next to the bowl that actually made him smile. He had no idea why he was surprised, Julia had always had a keen attention to detail.


The morning passed slowly for Dan as he wandered the huge glass landscape that was his home for the day. Besides his little bowls, various files and papers littered the coffee table, and he took some time walking across them reading the notes Julia had scribbled in the margins or the sections she had underlined or highlighted or stuck little post-it notes next to. He knew there was a system to why Julia would underline one thing but highlight another but in all the time he had known her, Dan had never figured it out. Even now with hours to devote to the mystery, Dan found it too mystifying. He tossed the puzzle out of his mind on the grounds that he didn't have enough data.


It took more effort than he wanted to admit but Dan was able to turn on the television. Only to quickly be reminded of how bad day time television was. It didn't help that The Price is Right, his go to 'at home because I'm sick,' show had lost some of its charm after Bob Barker's retirement. Years later and Dan still couldn't get used to Drew Carey as the host. When that had ended, Dan literally surfed through the channels, finding it easier to press the buttons with the full force of his weight rather than using his hands. It took a while but he eventually settled on a movie. It didn't really matter to Dan what it was, a movie was just a better choice than some random sitcom or a Law&Order: Special Victims Unit marathon.


Television quickly became boring to Dan. All of the farcical predicaments of sitcoms that used to entertain him suddenly seemed so trivial. Flipping past Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, and even a random episode of Girls that was on HBO only served to remind him how many shows were made about the city he had lived in for over a decade that were completely separated from his experience in it. Jerry, Ted, and Hannah's problems just seemed like the whining of spoiled idiots when he compared them to the fact that he was only a few inches tall.


Of course, that didn't mean he wanted to watch some cartoon rehash The Incredible Shrinking Man either. He had never actually seen the movie itself, but Dan had seen enough stills to know at his current size that he had no interest in watching it or any of its many derivatives.


The sun was rapidly disappearing from the East-facing apartment when Dan decided that he couldn't sit up on the coffee table any longer. As much as it scared him to descend to the floor where it would be harder for Julia to see him, Dan needed to stretch his legs and move around a bit. Plus, there was a strange part of him that wanted to find a dust bunny or the like just to prove, at least to himself, that his ex-wife wasn't living a perfect single existence.


Walking to one of the far corners, Dan gazed down the brushed steel leg of coffee table and attempted to figure out exactly how he could get down. There were a few decorative bars that ran directly beneath the glass, which provided easy hand and foot holds for him to descend a body length or two. His body shaking he reached out and wrapped his arms and legs around the straight steel leg of the coffee table.


The metal was positively freezing to the touch, causing him to shake and shiver as he carefully began to scoot down it. His teeth were chattering as he very slowly snaked his way down, beginning to wonder if he would actually have the strength to carry himself upward again. It was far too late though, he realized as he passed the halfway point. The glass table was terrifyingly far above him and all he wanted to do was reach the hard wood floor.


Darkness had nearly fallen as he landed, and the few lit lamps cast a pale glow across the apartment. Shadows engulfed huge swaths of the place and Dan cursed under his breath as he realized navigating the floor would be far more treacherous than he initially imagined. Julia had managed to make him miniature toilet paper in the span of a few minutes, but turning on some lights had been completely forgotten.


Dan marched out across the wooden expanse of Julia's floors, wondering what he would find. From his perspective far down on the floor, everything looked so alien. Every piece of furniture was some cyclopean structure daring to be explained. Julia's modernist sensibilities both helped and hindered his understanding of her apartment. Most of the furniture was sleek and functional, but every so often he'd come across something and just stare at it mesmerized and confused for what seemed like hours.


He was crossing back toward the coffee table when he heard the sound of the front door opening. Dan froze in place and turned to watch the gigantic structure open up, spilling bright light from the hallway into the dimly lit apartment. The first thing that Dan noticed as it opened was the sound of two distinct enormous voices, both laughing.


One was Julia's.


The other was a man's.


Anger began to sweep over Dan as he watched Julia walk into her apartment, laughing and smiling at the giant man behind her. He was tall, taller than Dan had been at his old height, and muscular. Even through his tailored suit Dan could watch as the man's muscles casually pressed against the fabric. Worst of all though he was younger. Not as young as Kat was but if he was a day over 30, Dan would find it hard to believe.


Their fingers were intertwined, and the second this young buck had closed the door, he pulled Julia in for a long and passionate kiss. Dan could only watch in disgust as Julia actually lifted her foot up off the ground like a damn school girl. His wife's backside was turned to him, making him feel so much worse as he watched the giant's hands slide down from her shoulders to the small of her back.


When they broke off, Julia was still giggling slightly, “Oh, let me go, get those drinks.”


“Sure,” replied the titan.


Julia turned about her fingers threading out of his as she said, “Just go sit down in the living room or something. I'll be right there.”


A clap of thunder roared through the apartment as the giant smacked her tight butt.


Julia let out an excited whoop, turning around and giving him a playful smack on the shoulder before she began to walk forward. Only as the force of her heels started to shake the floor around him to Dan actually snap back to reality. He curled into a ball and Julia's heel landed around him. The ball of her foot behind him and the spike of the heel itself brushing against his hair.


“Oh God,” he muttered as he watched her walk away, her hips swinging back and forth for the delight of her male guest. Dan slowly stood, his whole body shaking as he tried to process the fact that he had literally almost become a stain on his the bottom of Julia's heel.


A loud grunting noise, caused him to turn and see her young giant adjusting his pants. The giant was clearly making his growing member more comfortable and less obvious in his slacks. He had a large grin on his face as he started to walk into Julia's apartment. Dan dove away this time as the man's enormous shiny black leather shoes crashed against the hardwood.


Dan could barely believe what he was watching as he saw the giant strut deeper into the apartment. He chased after the man, hellbent on providing the enormous being with a piece of his mind or at the very least to let him know that he was there. Certainly Julia assumed that he was in the living room, or had she really managed to forget about him?


As Dan approached the enormous couch where the giant had taken his seat, his anger was rapidly replaced by fear. He watched as the giant slipped off his bus-sized shoes, casually kicking them beneath the coffee table as if he had done it a thousand times before. Dan couldn't even see his face, just his god-like legs as he sat there. Another massive grunt filled the room as he readjusted himself once more.


Then his enormous form leaned forward and snatched up more nuts than Dan could eat in a whole day in one meaty fist. Casually the giant tossed the nuts into his cavernous mouth, and once again the sound of nuts being crushed by huge teeth filled Dan's ears.


He barely had time to recover though as the ground shook once more with Julia's approach. She too casually kicked off her heels as she handed the giant a glass of wine. “Mhm,” the giant moaned as he wrapped an arm around Julia's waist, pulling her close, “Have I told you that you look stunning tonight?”


“Yes, many times,” Julia replied as she fell into his lap with ease. Dan watched as high above her toes wiggled and scrunched with excitement.


“Do you mind if I tell you again?”


“Not at all.”


“You look stunning, dear.”


The sounds of giant lips locking filled the apartment and caused Dan to literally fall on to his backside. It didn't take long before he heard the sound of shirts being unbuttoned. The wine was placed down on the coffee table, and quickly forgotten as the enormous giants rose to their feet. No words were spoken. There was no seduction. The young buck just carried Julia into her bedroom, and the two proceeded to make love loudly and passionately.


Julia's orgasmic screams were still ringing in his ears when the young buck left and Julia retired to the shower. He could still her hear when he felt the slapping of her bare feet against the hard wood as she came to retrieve her pumps so they could be returned to their proper place in her closet.


Only as she bent down and scooped up the expensive pieces of leather did she spot her shrunken ex-husband, sitting on the floor, clearly defeated. “Oh my God, Dan.”


Dan turned to look up into Julia's eyes. Embarrassment and pity was what filled her face as she looked down on his small body.


“I'm so sorry, I forgot you were here...”


“You forgot?!” Dan shouted, all of the anger that he had felt the moment he had first seen her date for the night returning in an instant. “You forgot that I have been sitting on your fucking coffee table all day? Alone and scared?”


“Dan, calm down.”


“No! I will not calm down, this is ridiculous, Julia! You bring home some young hunk and make out with him right where I'm supposed to be sitting? Who does that?”


“Some young hunk?” Julia snarled.


“Jesus! How old was he Julia, twenty-eight?”


“You're one to talk Mr. Oh We're Just Roommates!”


“Kat is my roommate! I needed someone to help cover the mortgage!”


“Sure, you just happened to be living with a sexy twenty four year old who barely makes any money to help cover the mortgage. Christ, Dan, do you even hear yourself when you speak?”


“I can't believe you're even trying to throw Kat in my face when you just had sex...”


“Yes, Dan! I have sex with my boyfriend, who happens to be a few years younger than me, we have sex because that is what couples do. I can't believe that you're actually going to be angry with me for that!” Julia's voice thundered, and as she stepped forward, completely engulfing him in her shadow, they both suddenly remembered that this wasn't an argument between equals. “After I take you in, and offer to take care of you, you throw the fact that I had sex with someone back in my face like we're married.” Julia's foot stomped against the ground, “Get over it, Dan. We broke up. We're divorced. I've moved on.”


Dan looked away from his ex-wife, blinking tears away from his eyes.


Julia's words continued to echo around him, but he could barely make sense of them. He had no idea if the shouting went on for hours or just a few minutes. All he caught was the last sentence.


“Dan, I don't think it's a good idea for you to stay here if this is how you're going to react to things...”