- Text Size +

A human mind is a strange thing indeed. Within a second, Pete managed to think about how far he had fallen. When Pete was just a child, he had so many ambitions that he wanted to achieve in his life. Climbing Mt Everest with his father, who was a mountain climber enthusiast, become a millionaire, have a great family life for a few examples... And of course, our natural ambition to live a full life. But now, in his beginnings of adult life at 22, he found the hardships of being just that. Even though he studied hard and passed college with flying colours, he had succumbed after a long time of job hunting, to a telecommunications stooge for a lowly insurance company in the middle of a small town in the backside of beyond.

Out of all the jobs he could find, this job was the best he could get, anywhere. He wasn't sure what he really wanted to do in life for a career but this was a good starting wage (even if he had to hit the target sales to get get it) at his age.

He applied for the job with a stride, a firm hand shake and a confident smile, he was instantly hired. A natural, Mandy would describe him. Within a few days, he knew everybody in the building by name and he was comfortable with the job. He reached sales targets without any problems, earning his offered wage. He was good with his money, saving every last penny as much as he could and he would put it all away in his savings account.

After a few months, he was much more confident around Mandy, the only person who he would be shy with. Mandy knew that he obviously wasn't shy. He was able to talk to customers as if he had known them for years and he played around with the rest of the staff, which she didn't mind. As long as the jobs gets done, then it's all good. Or at least, it used to be like that.

When Pete started to become more confident around her, some of the other female staff became a little jealous of Mandy. He wasn't a ladies man, but he knew how to talk to women, the ultimate key. After a while, it began to make things a little more tense in the office. Mandy was beginning to get sick of the talk backs from the female staff. And the male staff weren't helping either, making rumours that she's having a mid-life crisis and that she was cracking up. It drove Mandy up the wall and she realised that all of this was down to Pete.

Pete knew that she was becoming more hostile against him. Forcing him to do work he shouldn't have to do, and ruining his potential for more sales. Arguments and disputes became a regular thing and the other staff began to think that Pete would soon get the sack. The problem was Pete was constantly on fire. He worked harder than anyone else in the entire building!

This made Mandy sick of Pete completely. After many discussions with her friends, they found a solution to her problems. A small black rock with a cream dot on it, from where it came from is unknown, but they found it on a black market dealers site from the middle east and, for all they knew it was just rubbish but it was a laugh anyway, it arrived in a small wooden box with her address stamped on top.

She couldn't wait to try it out on Pete.

A revenge overdue.

Pete snapped back to reality...

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know if you want more! Reviews are always appreciated :) If people do want more, I will update reguarly.