- Text Size +

Holly looks at the closed door from between the bars of her prison for a long while.  “Thanks mother… this is the best birthday ever!” The tiny girl fumes sarcastically as she looks down at the floor of the cage.  “Ok, it’s not that far…” Holly mumbles to herself as she slowly begins to climb downwards, hanging onto the perch with both hands and allowing herself to dangle over the black, metal floor of the cage.  She looks down and draws in a huge gasp of air. “Oh god, it’s far! It’s far!” She whimpers, cycling her legs in the air.  The tiny girl grunts and strains her sore arms and shoulders as she tries to uselessly pull herself back up upon the perch.  

“Fuck.” She snaps. “Fuck, fuck, fuck!” She whines as she looks downward.  She closes her eyes, and in a moment of bravery lets go, allowing herself to fall to the floor.  She grunts as she hits the unforgiving metal with a small dinging sound, first with her knees, and then with her ribs before she spills onto her side. She sucks air through her teeth as she writhes on the floor for a few moments. As she climbs to her hands and knees, and then her tiny feet, the sound of water rushing through pipes fills the huge room.  Holly timidly walks towards the door of the cage and wraps her tiny hands around two bars of the cage door. The door itself was many times her size, and the latch sits outside, well above her little head.  Holly grunts as she pushes against it, hoping to budge it open.  Her exhausted muscles scream for her to stop what she is doing, but she pushes with everything she has until her face starts to burn.  “Oh god…” She pants as she leans against the bars of the cage door, panting and sobbing.  “This can’t be happening...It just can’t.” The girl cries as she slumps down to the floor, her back against the bars.  

Time melts away as the afternoon sunlight streams through the window, slowly fading. The room darkens little by little as early evening encroaches upon the outside world, a world Holly slowly grew envious of.  Holly shivers as the cold air of the air conditioning relentlessly seeps into her naked skin, stealing what little body heat she could produce away from her.  She wraps her tiny arms around herself and waits.  

About an hour later, when the last rays of sunlight leave the room the door opens, and Susan walks in wrapped in a pink bathrobe.  She has a huge plate in one hand, and a wine glass filled with red wine in the other.  Holly can smell the scent of steak, but not just any steak, the familiar scent of filet mignon. Her tiny mouth salivates as Susan’s footfalls cause the cage to sway and bounce slightly in the air, jostling her about a little bit.  

“Is someone hungry?” Susan’s southern accent booms as she sets the plate of meat and vegetables down on the desk, before taking a sip of wine.  Holly stands up and walks to the side of the cage, gripping her tiny hands around the bars and looking up at her giant captress.  

“Yes.” The tiny girl says meekly as her stomach grumbles angrily.

“I bet you are, it’s been a rough day for you, hasn’t it?” Susan smiles as she sits down at her desk, picking up a fork and knife from the plate and cutting her meat.

“Yes it has.” Holly agrees as she watches Susan lift the giant fork to her lips, insert it, and slide it back out, minus the meat.  

“Mmm.” Susan moans contently.  “I always loved filet mignon.” Susan says around a mouthful of steak while she spears a few steamed carrots onto her fork.

“Do you like it too?” Susan asks.

“I do…” Holly responds with a hint of frustration in her tiny voice.

Susan simply giggles and cuts another piece of meat.

“I bet you want some...don’t you?” Susan asks as she stares intently at the cage before sliding the fork back into her mouth and chewing.

“No… I don’t want anything from you.” Holly says defiantly.

Susan smiles as she cuts another piece of meat.  “You have to eat eventually, you know, or you’ll die.” Susan says as she turns her attention to her plate, before sticking another piece of steak into her mouth.

“I see what you are doing…” Holly says, narrowing her eyes.

“Oh? What am I doing? I am interested in hearing your take on this.” Susan says, leaning back in her chair and grabbing her glass of wine.

“You’re trying to torture me, you know damn well I am hungry, you know damn well I want food, and I know I am not going to be getting any.” Holly rants.

“Who says you aren’t going to be getting any food? And torture you? I am simply eating dinner, damn girl, does everything revolve around you?” Susan sighs before taking a sip of wine and setting it down on the desk.

“I just thought…” Holly stammers.

“If you are that hungry, I’ll feed you now, sheesh.” Susan grins as she opens a desk draw.  She lifts a large bag of what looks like bird seed, and a small white dish out of the drawer.  She opens the bag and scoops the tiny dish into the bag before standing up and walking to the cage.  Holly looks on, stunned as the giant woman opens the cage and shoves the bowl inside, pushing it into the middle of the small prison.  

“There ya go, dinner is served.” Susan says, closing the cage and walking back to her seat.

Holly timidly walks towards the small bowl, which comes up to her little chest and looks inside.

“Is this bird seed?” Holly stammers.

“Bird seed? Yes.” Susan says as she continues her meal.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” Holly asks, looking down into the bowl, dumbfounded.

“I think you are supposed to put it in your mouth, chew, and swallow.” Susan explains.

“I’m not eating this, you are out of your mind!” Holly snaps, walking back towards the bars of the cage, and looking out over the tremendous desk, and particularly Susan’s plate. The plate, which was now almost empty, still boasted enough food to feed at least two dozen people Holly’s size.

“You’ll eat it, or you’ll die, your choice my little songbird.” Susan says as she spears another piece of steak on her fork, and shoves it into her mouth.  

“Why are you being so cruel?” Holly’s voice cracks as she whines.

“You deserve it, you’re spoiled, rude, condescending, and just plain fucking miserable.” Susan spouts angrily as she finishes off the last of her meal.  The giant, slim, ginger stands up and walks to the cage, opening the door.  Her hand jolts inside, causing the whole cage to sway menacingly.  The tiny girl shrieks as she is knocked to her rear and cowers on the floor, closing her eyes. When she opens her little brown eyes, the cage door is already closed, and the bowl of seeds is in Susan’s giant hand.  The giant woman looks down, shaking her head back and forth.  

“And now… you get nothing.” Susan says calmly, walking back to the desk and placing the tiny bowl of seeds on it’s surface.  She gathers up her plate and her wineglass and walks over to the door, flicking a light switch downward before leaving.  Holly slowly climbs to her feet in the near pitch blackness of the room, pushing her bangs from her bloodshot eyes as she holds back her tears.  Her stomach rumbles angrily, and her throat stings as she swallows whatever little saliva is left in her mouth. The tiny girl stares out of her cage for a long time before curling into a little ball on the unforgiving surface of the floor,  The cold metal biting into her skin as she shivers.  As she lays there she finds her mind rolling over the countless meals Bruce had prepared for her.  She could taste each one in her mind, feel their textures, and imagines each one in her empty stomach.  

“No...he’s just a fucking servant…” The tiny girl says to herself, quiveringly as she squirms a bit against the frigid metal.  “They’re all just fucking servants!” She begins to sob, her tears running down her little face, and tapping against the ground.  

Holly slowly cries herself to sleep.

“Ughn.” The tiny girl moans as the sound of birds chirping slowly lulls her to consciousness. Her tiny body throbs as her little eyes flutter open. It takes a few second for her brain to register just how chilled her body is, and as she slowly sits up, she wiggles her toes to try to force some feeling back into them.  

“Oh god…” Holly whimpers as she cups her hands over her mouth, blowing into them to try to warm her face.  Holly can tell by the angle of the sun through the window that it wasn’t far into the morning at all.  She can hear the same sound of rushing water through the pipes in the wall, and deduces that Susan is awake, and taking a shower.  Her stomach feels sickly and hollow, and as she climbs to her feet, she staggers a bit, her legs trembling slightly under her own weight. The tiny girl attempts to swallow and instantly begins to choke, her throat so dry she feels it might close off and suffocate her at any moment.  She staggers over to the side of the cage and grips one of the bars, before doubling over and clearing her throat profusely.  

A few moments later the huge wooden door opens, and the giant form of Susan walks through, wrapped in the same pink bathrobe, her red hair still slick with water.

“Good morning my little songbird...Brr!” Susan cringes as she walks towards the cage.

“I thought you might get warm, so I cranked the AC last night.” Susan grins as she places her hands on the cage, rocking it back and forth slightly.  Holly wobbles on her feet, and well after the shaking stops, falls onto her rear end harshly.  “Woops!” The giant girl giggles.

“Please...so cold!” Holly shivers, wrapping her arms around herself.

“Aww…Have you ever seen a homeless person, in the winter?” Susan asks, drumming her fingers on the cage.

“What?” Holly asks, craning her neck to look up at her captor, who simply smiles down on her.

“Cold, hungry, thirsty, desperate...They’d do just about anything for nourishment.” Susan explains as she walks away from the cage, and seats herself at her desk.  She reaches down and flips her computer on.

“Good for them…can I please have some real food now, and some water?” Holly asks quiveringly as she wobbles over to the side of the cage, steadying herself on the bars.  

“Please, I feel…” Holly stammers.

“Sick? Empty? It hasn’t even been a day, didn’t you eat yesterday, at all?” Susan asks.

“Only breakfast…” Holly smacks her lips.

“Oooh, breakfast sounds good, pancakes, waffles, french toast?” Susan asks the tiny girl.

“Really?” Holly perks up a little bit.

“Yeah sure!” Susan exclaims happily.

“I don’t care...anything!” Holly begs.

“Anything hmmm?” Susan grins as she stands up.  She grabs the small bowl of bird seed and walks towards the cage, opening it and gently placing it back into the center of the prison.  The hand retreats and the cage is closed again as Susan laughs.  “That is what birds eat...so eat.” The giant woman’s voice grows cold and stern.  Holly hesitates as she looks over at the bowl.

“I said eat!” Susan barks, causing the tiny girl to flinch.  Holly, driven by pure terror walks over to the bowl and looks inside at the assortment of seeds.  She closes her little eyes and sticks her hand into the dish, grabbing three large, round white seeds.  She pauses and looks up at Susan.

“Go on…” Susan coaxes the tiny girl as her tiny fingers curl around the seeds and she attempts to moisten her minuscule lips with her dehydrated tongue. The tiny girl closes her eyes and nibbles on one of the baseball sized seeds, crunching on it and swallowing harshly. Holly grimaces as a slightly sweet aftertaste rolls across her tongue.  

“That’s a good little birdie.” Susan coos as Holly nibbles on the seed again.  

Holly narrows her eyes, as one of the oversized seeds rolls off of her hand and bounces on the metal floor.  The tiny girl swallows harshly once more as Susan walks out of the room, returning quickly with a bottle of water.  She twists the cap off and opens the cage door.  She pours a small amount of water inside of the plastic cap and sets it by her tiny captive before closing the door again.

Holly falls to her knees, the huge cap coming up to her tiny stomach.  She scoops her hands inside, greedily bringing a small amount of water to her face and slurping it down.  She repeats this process again and again, not even aware that Susan has walked to her desk and was now sitting at her computer, typing away.  Holly falls into a rhythm of eating her seeds and drinking, choking down the near tasteless bird food and washing her face with the water.  Finally Holly has had her full and she wanders over to the side of the cage, looking out curiously at the three hundred foot tall woman who is glaring at her enormous screen.  Susan’s fingers play across her monstrous keyboard, each of her fingertips large enough to smother tiny Holly to death.

Yesterday was Holly’s birthday, and she started it out as one of the richest teenage girls in the country, maybe the entire world.  As Holly looks at Susan, entranced by her sheer size and cruelty, she realizes that today she is no longer one of the richest, most privileged girls on the planet.  

She wasn't even one of the poorest...

She was simply a bird in a cage, a little songbird there for Susan’s amusement.

A little songbird without wings to fly away upon.

The giant woman whistles melodically and looks towards the cage, grinning a bit.

“Now you my little songbird.” Susan says happily. Holly purses her lips and repeats the melody as best as she can, faltering at some points. 

“There ya go, keep trying, don’t worry, you’re going to have a very long time to get it just right!” Susan says.