- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for reading! :)

 

 

Holly pulls up to the huge driveway of her estate, driving a black, modest looking lexus, which sports a license plate reading ‘SNGBRD1’  She kills the engine and steps out, dressed in a plain pair of bluejeans, and a plain black T-shirt.  She steps inside the huge double doors of the tremendous mansion, making her way towards the dining area.  Julia sits in her usual spot, scrolling on her tablet, in a crisp, expensive looking green dress.

“Is he in there?” Holly asks.

“Sit down dear.” Julia says, placing her tablet down on the table and crossing her hands.

“Mother?” Holly asks as she takes her usual spot at the table.

“Honey, there is something I have to tell you about Bruce.” Julia begins, a serious expression on her face.

“He is alright, isn’t he?” Holly asks nervously.

“Yes he is fine dear.” Julia responds. “But, before I met your father, me and Bruce were…” Julia stumbles over her words.

“Where is this going mother?” Holly shakes her head.

“Holly...Bruce...He’s…” Julia stammers.

“He’s what?” Holly’s face drops.

“Holly, Bruce is your biological father.” Julia says, before taking a deep breath.

“He’s what?!” The girl screams, her voice echoing through the dining hall, bouncing off of the accoustics.

“Shh!” Julia snaps.

“…You’re serious?!” Holly hisses in a half whisper.

“Yes Holly, We were going to tell you on your birthday, but you weren’t ready for such news.” Julia admits.

“I can’t believe it…” Holly says, sitting back in her chair. “And all of these years, I’ve been such a brat.” Holly says, rubbing the bridge of her nose between the thumb and forefinger of her good hand, the other hand still firmly wrapped in a cast.

“So, what do I do now?” Holly asks.

“You talk to him I imagine, and if you’d like, make up for lost time.” Julia says as Holly places her uninjured hand on the table.  Julia places her hand atop Holly’s and rubs it lovingly.

“But I’ve been such a jackass to him.” Holly begins to sob.

“Aww, honey, It’s OK, things are different now.” Julia says.  “Go on, he’s waiting for you.” Julia says as she pats her daughter’s hand. Holly stands up and wipes her face before walking into the kitchen area.  Bruce is leaning against a counter, smiling as she walks through the door.

“Good afternoon young miss.” He grins, dressed in his black suit uniform.  

“Dad?” Holly asks weakly, trying to hold back tears.  Bruce approaches his daughter and embraces her.  Holly sobs hysterically as she wraps her arms around the larger man.  

“It’s OK Holly...I know it’s a lot to take in.” Bruce’s voice quivers.  “And I know what your mother put you through must of been horrifying, I tried to talk her out of it but…” Bruce stammers.

“It’s OK...I learned a lot.” Holly says through her tears, beginning to calm down as the two continue their embrace.

“Good.” Bruce smiles as he releases his daughter from the embrace.  “Well, I hope you are ready to learn more.” He says as he walks over to the fridge, grabbing a dozen eggs and bringing them over to the counter.  “I can’t have my daughter going off to culinary school not knowing how to cook.” Bruce says seriously. Holly walks over to the counter, and hugs Bruce from behind.  The girl smiles before mouthing two of the most meaningful words she has ever spoken in her entire life.

“Thank you.”