- Text Size +

  Nathan yawns. Sunshine pushing through the slits inbetween the fabric which covered his bird cage. His eyes slowly opening groggily to the new day - Monday, August 5th. He didn't know what time it was, and pulls himself to his feet as he looks around. Trying to peek through the slits that lead to the outside world. 

 

He vaguely remembered movement earlier as he had tried to sleep, and wondered if he was still at Chánel's house. Reaching up to push his hand through his hair which had grown oily, and still stuck in places from the remnants of Chánel's juices that still sat within it. He blinks his eyes. Remembering the night well as he thinks of how she'd raped him. Just as his mind seems to recall her doing so many times before.

 

He sighs. Imagining that if he wasn't at her house, he was probably stashed somewhere in the LRS building so that somebody could keep an eye on him. He looks towards the door of the cage. (I wonder where she is...) He thinks.

 

His eyes pan over towards the wooden bars of the cage. Thin enough for him to wrap his hands around. (Hmm...) He ponders, slowly pulling himself to his feet as he wanders over to one of the edges of the cage, and inspects the wood.

 

A smile slowly growing over his face as an idea pops into his head. The bars that made up his cage were only about toothpick thin. Just enough to contain a small bird. (A bird, sure... But not me.) He grins. Beginning to circle through the cage as he tries to find a weakpoint that he can exploit.

 

He sighs after a moment or two. Finding nothing. (I guess it can't always go perfectly.) He thinks as he takes a deep breath. Pushing himself against the wall of one side of the cage, and staring directly forwards. "Here goes nothing." He says, cracking his knuckles. 

 

He pushes forwards with his left foot, running as quickly as he can across the tiny space and throwing his shoulder into one of the bars. He grimmaces as the bar bounces him back a couple of inches. "Dammit." He says, though, unwilling to give up, he returns to his original position. Charging forwards again. And again. And again. Each slam bending the wood more, and more as it weakens over time. 

 

A dull gnawing pain slowly growing within Nathan's shoulder as he reaches the fifteenth strike. A small crack now visible on the bar. Panting, he slides down to his ass. Catching his breath.

 

"Son of a bitch. What kind of wood -is- this?" He shakes his head. Pinching the bridge of his nose as he breathes heavily from his place on the cage floor. "At least I've almost got it. Just a few more tries." He nods, swallowing what remained of his saliva as his empty stomach begins to burn within. Pulling himself to his feet once more, he breathes deeply. 

 

He clenches his teeth, readying himself for a final push. "GRAHHH!" He screams as he pushes away. Throwing himself into the cracked bar of wood as hard as he can. His shoulder crashing through as the wood cracks all of the way through, breaking in half. He groans as his shoulder wedges slightly between the two halves. Pushing the top end away, and off of the cage to whatever floor the cage sat on beyond, and falling backwards once more. 

 

"Thank god..." He trails off. Sighing in relief, he looks towards the gap he'd made. It was just wide enough now with the top half of the bar missing for him to climb through. He grins a bit, standing up and moving towards the gap. Kicking the bottom half away as he turns himself sideways, and squeezes himself through. Planting a foot on the counter beyond and pushing the cloth out of his face to survey the room he was presumably trapped within.

 

He scans the room. It looked like she'd placed him back in the lounge on the first floor... He was ontop of the bar counter again. Just as he had been yesterday when they'd shrunken Elysse. (Bastards.) He thinks at the thought. He needed to find her. But finding her wasn't going to do him any good if he was still the size of a childrens toy.

 

(First step? Getting off of this goddamned counter.) He nods, and picks up a piece of the bar he'd broken in half. Thinking it might come in handy later on. (Sharp enough.) He nods as he inspects the jagged, multi-point tip. He kneels beside the edge of the counter, peering over, and down towards the dark grey tiled floor far below. Gulping as vertigo causes his vision to zoom, and flutters of butterflies to fill his stomach.

 

"I guess I'm not going that way. A new day, a new problem." He chuckles lightly to himself as his eyes suddenly focus on the set of bar stools which acted as a halfway point between the counter, and floor. They had padded cushions, but that wouldn't help him once he reached them. He needed something after that...

 

(It's never easy as a tiny person, is it?) He shakes his head. Standing to his feet again as he begins to pace across the counter opposite the direction of the door to the hallway. Reaching the far edge, his eyes widen. "Perfect!" He exclaims as his eyes focus in on a trash filled wire mesh garbage can. Not only could he jump in that, he could also use it's meshing to climb back down to the floor safely.

 

He grins, hovering his stick holding hand over the tile floor, and letting the pole fall from his hands as he takes a deep breath. Leaping from the counter as he hears the stick collide with the ground. His own body falling straight into the trashcan milliseconds later. "Eugh.." He thinks to himself as he grips the mesh, and pulls himself up onto the rim of the trashcan.

 

Choking on the fumes of rotting garbage, and waste. (Gross... This is the last time I jump into a garbage can.) He thinks to himself. Sneering as he lifts his leg over to the otherside, and begins his descent. 

 

Hopping down to the tiles from what to him, was about five feet up. Leaning down as he grabs his stick and quickly makes his way over to the corner of the bar. Scanning the room once more. (I need to get out of this room before somebody comes in here.) He thinks. Wondering why Chánel would leave him in here, rather than at her house, or somewhere else. (Maybe she just didn't want anybody else to bother me?) He didn't know, and shrugs at the thought. Completely bypassing the thought that perhaps she had a specific reason for it.

 

He had more important things to deal with right now.

 

Cautiously, the tiny man begins to make his way along the side of the bar towards the door. Stick in hand, and at the ready, he couldn't help but feel awfully vulnerable as he walked along. If anyone were to come in... He would be screwed. Completely, and utterly screwed.

 

Pressing on, however, Nathan finally reaches  the corner of the bar which sat closest to the door. Pausing, he looks towards his goal, and takes a deep breath. (Go go go!) He thinks, and bolts across the gap between bar, and wall. Rushing across, and then against the wall as he makes his way for the door that would lead him back into the hallway. Stopping at the doors frame, and pressing his ear against it. Listening for anyone that might be coming.

 

All sounded silent on the other end, rendering Nathan somewhat relieved as he lowers himself to his stomach, and begins to shimmy himself underneath the giant hinged rectangle. Reaching the other side with ease, the boy pulls himself up into a kneeling position. Scanning left, deeper into the hallway. 

 

And right, towards the entrance of the building. (Hmm...) He thinks as he looks to the door directly across from the lounge. (Might as well work in sequential order rather than guess.) He concludes as he sprints across the hallway, and pushes himself beneath the door. 

 

(I wonder how many people work here.) He thinks as he pulls himself up upon a white tiled floor. The walls white above a few feet of white tile as well. He didn't even need to explore this room. (Bathroom...) He trails off within his mind as he pulls himself backwards into the hallway. Fairly certain that the next door up on the same side of the hallway he now stood on was to be another bathroom as well.

 

(Wait...) He thinks, his head lifting high as he looks at the top mid-section of the lounge door. Facepalming suddenly, and sighing deeply in embarassment. "Son of a bitch..." He groans. Pinching the bridge of his nose tightly as he slowly opens his eyes to read a brass plaque screwed onto the door which read 'Lounge' in bold black letters.

 

(Being tiny sucks.) He concludes as he moves into the center of the hallway, and begins to make his way further down. Eyeing the panels as he goes. (Male bathroom...) He thinks as he looks to the next door on the right, scanning over towards the left. (Lunch room...) He sighs. Pushing onwards. 

 

(There should just be a big flashing sign on the wall that says 'Growing Thing this way!') He thinks to himself. Grinning lightly at the comedic image which pops into his head.

 

(Lockers...) Nathan thinks as he looks to the next door on his left. Turning his head over to his right. (Storage 1A?) He raises an eyebrow. Tapping his chin as he looks ahead, the last door on the left was the 'Janitorial' room, and the last one on the right was 'Storage 1B'.

 

(Might as well check the storage rooms.) He thinks to himself. Thinking the locker room was likely just 'employee' lock-ups for whatever they brought in with them. Handbags, purses. That sort of thing. He makes his way towards the right side of the hallway, peeking his head beneath the door of Storage 1A. Scanning through the room, and sighing.

 

(Nothing but un-used lab equipment.) He thinks, pushing himself out from under, and back into the hallway. The same check at 1B reveals the same disappointment. He'd made it to the end of the hallway, but there was nothing here to help him. He turns around, staring back down the length of the hallway that would take him back to Reception. 

 

A couple of moments later, the tiny two inch tall man was on the corners edge of the end of the hallway. Staring towards the back side of the curved desk. The granola Elysse had left him had been cleaned up, and there sitting in her chair was the other secretary he'd seen her saying goodbye to yesterday. He remembered her only as 'Lyn'.

 

He stares up to her form as she typed away on the computer. Dressed in much the same manner as Elysse. White blouse, skirt, heels. Her hair was a light brown shade. A bit curly, but well maintained just as all of the other women he'd seen thus far. He looks towards the front doors as they suddenly swing open. 

 

He swallows hard as two new faces enter the building. On the right, a woman standing 5'7" in a waist length spotless white lab jacket, black skirt, dark stockings, and well polished black high heels. Her expression was blank, and her light blue eyes gave off no glimmer of life at all. She looked completely dead inside through her small rectangular lensed glasses.

 

Her hair, tied into a bun, was blonde with the odd brown streak through it. She looked like a to-the-letter type of person, and was carrying a business suitcase on her left side as her heels clacked across the floor. "Good morning, Ms.Whittemore." The unidentified woman says to Lyn, who sheepishly smiles, and gives a wave. 

 

Nathan tries to focus his eyes in more, seeing a nametag upon the womans left breast. (O...Ol.. Fuck.) He thinks to himself, much to far away. The girl beside her appeared to be about eighteen, compared to the blondes appearance of late twenties. Her hair was a straightened, shining black. Her eyes, almost just as dead were a dark brown that went well with her rounded, beautiful, blemish-free Asian features. By the looks of things, she appeared to be of South Korean descent.

 

The girl blinked long, thick black eyelashes. Her own eyes travelling down the length of her own body. Slim, and covered by black skate shoes, black jeans, and a black hooded sweatshirt which in itself held a graphic of two golden, intertwined Chinese dragons. The sweatshirt it self held overtop of a white t-shirt below which had some kind of purple graphic upon it.

 

Her height seemed to match the scientist beside her, but she looked a lot more bored, and a lot more menacing. Nathan shudders lightly, looking towards the Scientist as she begins to walk towards the hallway nearest to the potted plant. Which from the door, would have been on the direct left.

 

"Are you coming, Ms.Rhee?" The woman of about twenty-eight asks as she pauses, and turns back to face the Korean girl. Nathan feels a thick array of goosebumps crawling over his skin, a heavy, menacing gaze upon his tiny body. His eyes slowly drifting backwards towards the Korean girl.

 

A toothy, sadistic grin written over her mouth as their eyes lock together. "H-H-Holy s-shit.." Nathan stammers as a coldness creeps over his entire body. Shivers running down his spine as the girl stares directly at him with a gaze that seemed to reveal a vision of Hell it self. 

 

"Of course." The Korean grins, her gaze turning away from Nathan, and slowly turning back to the Scientist. "I'll be right there, Olivia." She says as she turns, and begins to walk away just like that. Following off behind the scientist down the hallway as Nathan shudders, and grips his chest.

 

His heart pounding through his chest nearly as he slumps down a bit. (She saw me... She fucking saw me.) He thinks to himself. A terror still spreading throughout his body even despite the fact that she'd left. (Why didn't she do anything, or say anything?) He thinks. Swallowing hard as Lyn's fingers begin to type away once more at the computer above.

 

(What if, maybe, she didn't see me...? God dammit, of course she did... That girl was creepy as hell.) He shakes his head a bit. Thinking back to that grin she'd given him mere seconds ago, and shuddering once more.

 

(But...) He thinks, an idea washing over him as he pulls himself straight up. (Shit.) He starts sliding along the wall behind Lyn then. Making his way towards the hallway the two had gone down. (If anyone is going to know where the antidote, or whatever it is I'm looking for is, it's going to be that Olivia woman.)

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Was hoping to upload another chapter in unison with this one. But, unfortunately, I don't have time! I know this one is a bit slow, but I'll make sure to upload the other aforementioned chapter as soon as I get home from work!