- Text Size +

  (This is so surreal.) Nathan thinks to himself as he sits within what seems like a void of complete darkness. An all-sorrounding, overpowering scent of perfume filling his nose as his world is gently swayed back and forth, and rocked up and down. The sound of footsteps pounding the ground far below from outside of the purse Elysse had contained him within and smuggled him out of the building with.

 

He'd been sitting in here for a while now, unable to see a thing, with the constant pervasive scent of her beauty products beginning to make his stomach nauseas just as much as the lack of a good days bite to eat was. He didn't know where she was anymore. He'd lost track of time probably a good half hour ago.

 

But before he knows it, the gentle, careful swaying of the purse slows to a halt and the floor beneath him twists, and morphs into a flatter shape from it's once oval setting as the huge handbag is, presumably, set down. Light suddenly fills his vision as the thundering crackle of the bag being unzippered invades his sense of hearing. He clenches his eyes shut instinctually in that moment, and pushes a hand over his face. "Gah." He groans a bit.

 

Elysse smiles down to him. "Cute." She says, lowering her palm into the purse. "Hop on." She adds, as Nathan cautiously squeeks his eyes open a titch. Reluctantly climbing upon the Giantesses palm with stiff limbs as he quickly finds himself being hoisted high into the air. 

 

"Are you hungry?" Elysse asks as she begins across her small, but functional carpeted dark forest green walled bedroom towards the door.

 

Nathan nods his head, "Very... It feels like I haven't eaten in days." He says.

 

"You probably haven't. At least not since early yesterday morning." Elysse says as she pulls the door to her bedroom open and proceeds into a long white walled hallway over hardwood flooring. "What kind of food do you like?" She asks as the two enter the kitchen. Small, clean, and well-kept; Just like the rest of her home appeared to be.

 

"Right now? Anything edible." Nathan jokes as he is lowered onto a dark grey coloured counter and watches Elysse pull some cereal from a cupboard. "How old are you?" He asks then as she also grabs a small plate and drops a few pieces of the puffy rectangular pillows onto it, sliding it towards him.

 

"Twenty-one, you?" She replies as she turns to the fridge.

 

"Nineteen." Nathan says, and looks to the cereal on the plate. Each piece was just as big, or larger than his head. He walks over to it, sitting down crosslegged as he pulls one of the remarkably light pieces of cereal towards him and plucks off one of the strands that made up it's structure. Biting into the large crunchy bar-like strand like one might bite into a hotdog or a sausage. "Thank you." Nathan adds after politely swallowing his mouthful before speaking.

 

"For what?" Elysse asks with some modicum of surprise as she returns to the counter with a fresh plastic containers worth of strawberries and a small knife.

 

"Not throwing me to the wolves, I guess." He chuckles a bit, finding himself feeling more relaxed in her presence.

 

Elysse smiles warmly then. "Don't mention it." She says as she starts to cut some of the smaller strawberries into tiny fist sized pieces for Nathan to munch away on. Nathan nods a bit, biting once more into the cereal as he looks to the floor of the counter beneath him. 

 

Wondering who else he might be able to contact that could help him, or if Elysse could even get him out of this predicament herself. Was anyone capable? Maybe somebody at that mysterious building he'd met her at. There had to be some way, right?

 

He looks up then as he feels her gaze upon him, his eyes meeting her own inquisitive, and studying orbs to which she quickly looks away, and back to the strawberries as she resumes cutting them into fine bits.

 

"What is it?" He asks.

 

"Nothing... You just." She pauses, and looks back. "You look remarkably familiar, that's all." 

 

"Not in a bad way, right?" Nathan asks as he blinks up towards the Giantess.

 

"Um..." Elysse trails off a moment as she scoops up some of the strawberry bits and lets them fall onto the plate beside Nathan's cereal. She thinks for a moment, looking him up and down once more. Thinking back to his earlier question of how long she'd known. Her eyes widen a bit then as a realization hits her. "Oh, crap..." She trails off.

 

"What? What is it?" Nathan asks, sitting up straight and pulling himself to his feet quickly after as his once slowly growing loose muscles quickly tensed up once more at the mere -suggestion- something might be wrong.

 

"I think you -may- have been the tiny Chánel introduced me to..." She says quietly and looks slowly down to the counter away from Nathan.

 

"So, what does that mean? Why does it matter? If I'm not with her anymore - isn't that a good thing?" He asks.

 

"Well, it could be. It could also be a very bad thing. Especially if she finds out I'm the one who found you, and that I didn't 'return' you to her." She says, a tone of growing worry in her voice as she speaks.

 

"Well, what's the problem...? What will she do?" Nathan gulps a bit.

 

"It's not what she will do. It's what 'her highness' Britney Young will do if Chánel gets the impression I'm stealing from her, or the Society." Elysse explains.

 

Nathan feels a sudden shudder run through his skin as it turns to goosebumps at the mention of this supposed 'Britney Young'. Not only did she sound unpleasant, but for some reason, her name sounded more than familiar to him. He just couldn't pin exactly what it was about it. "So..." Nathan trails off worriedly as goosebumps slowly subside.

 

"So, now I don't know what to do." Elysse says bluntly. "Britney isn't a girl you want to cross. Trust me. She's..." Elysse shivers a bit. "She's not right in the head." She says, her eyes gazing back upon Nathan now, and more intently.

 

"What will she do...?" Nathan asks.

 

"I'm not entirely sure. She seems capable of a lot, but I don't think she's capable of murder, or torture." Elysse shrugs a bit.

 

"That's relieving..." Nathan replies, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

 

"Sorry... I wish I'd thought of this sooner." She sighs a bit and pokes at a partially cut strawberry with the knife still loosely held between her fingers.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nathan asks, thinking it sounded a lot like she would have never tried to help him had she remembered sooner.

 

"Nothing, listen, you should eat. Do you want some water?" Elysse smiles unconvictedly towards him, and reaches to a nearby rack of freshly washed dishes to grab a small spoon.

 

"Yes please." Nathan says, thinking it was best to move past thoughts like that, after all, she was the only person he could rely on in this moment. He didn't want to lose faith in her. Especially after she'd been so generous.

 

"So, am I going to be living with you now?" Nathan asks, "Or is there a way to reverse this?" He adds as Elysse sets a spoon filled to the top with water down onto the counter beside his plate. She shrugs a bit.

 

"I'm not sure. You're welcome to stay here if you want to though." She smiles warmly, still feeling a bit of her own nervousness as she thought of work.

 

"Maybe there's a way I can take you back to the LRS and you can snoop around." She suggests then. Nathan just stares blankly up towards her, his mouth covered in a film of water from a brief sip.

 

"I um.. I'm not so sure about that." He chuckles a bit.

 

Elysse nods, "I didn't think you would be." She smiles then, and pops a strawberry into her mouth. "But I can't snoop around, they'll be awfully suspicious of why the secretary is scowering the building. You can at least hide, right? You're probably small enough." She says and looks him up and down. Nathan's eyes shift uneasily. 

 

"Maybe. I guess you might be on to something. But they're going to be looking for me, aren't they?" He asks.

 

Elysse shrugs again. "I'm not suuure. As far as they're concerned I think they're probably under the impression you were eaten by snakes or something." She laughs lightly as a cartoonish image pops into her head. "Just don't stay in one place for to long." She finishes with an assured nod. 

 

Nathan nods his head. "You're probably right. Tomorrow?" He asks.

 

"Tomorrow. Unless you'd like me to drop you off there today. Maybe that would be better, less people wandering about?" Elysse suggests as she pops a second strawberry into her mouth. Nathan considers this as he looks to what remained of his own meal.

 

(It probably would be safer, wouldn't it? But I don't even know what I'm supposed to be looking for, and neither does she... A machine, maybe?) He thinks. "Okay, today might be better, like you say." Nathan agrees.

 

"Do you have any guesses as to what I'm looking for?" He asks then as Elysse shrugs.

 

"I wish I did, but your guess is as good as mine. A machine maybe? Some kind of gun? A serum?" She suggests. "Who knows, it could be anything. We're funded by Cosmolex, so, we have a lot of connections." She adds.

 

"Cosmolex? That name rings a bell..." Nathan trails off, and Elysse nods.

 

"That doesn't surprise me. They only have a billboard every couple of blocks." She chuckles and smiles down to him. "Cosmolex Pharmaceuticals. Britney's aunt is a co-founder, her name is Madison Young." She begins, "I think the full name is Cosmolex International Pharmaceuticals & Research Corporation... Or something." She smiles.

 

"How could you even remember all that?" Nathan blinks a bit.

 

"Perk of working with them?" She jokes and pushes the lid back onto the strawberry container before returning it to the fridge it had come from.

 

"CIPRC..." Nathan trails off. "I can see why you're so worried about Britney if her aunt is a founder. Especially if they're as big as you're making them sound." He blinks.

 

"Yeah..." Elysse trails off. "They certainly have a lot more than I do." She says as she shuts the fridge and looks back to Nathan. "So, do you want to go down there now?" She asks.

 

"I think so, what time is it?" Nathan asks as he takes another sip of water.

 

"Half past three." She replies and walks to a different counter across the kitchen to grab her car keys. "But, I think you're going to have to go back into the purse." She says as the keys jingle within her grasp.

 

Nathan sighs a bit, and nods his head. "Okay, okay..."