- Text Size +

  "W-What?!" Nathan blurts out. His eyes widening, and his jaw dropping. "How the hell am I supposed to do that?!"

 

The girl smirks as Olivia slides the needle from her arm. "That isn't my problem. It's your problem." She says, looking back towards Olivia. "You need not measure me again, yangnom. I haven't grown any more."

 

"Very well." Olivia responds as she sets the measuring tape she'd picked up down. Her own striking gaze returning to meet Nathan's body. Just as did Seung's.

 

"I will deposit some of what you need to get the job done in the lunch room here on the third floor." Seung says, grinning wickedly as always. "Just remember that she is one of the primary facilitators of this injustice."

 

(She wants me to shrink Britney... At two inches tall no less.) Nathan thinks. Staring with his jaw hanging open up at the girl as he sits up again. "Are you serious? You want -me- to do it?" He blinks.

 

 "Did I stutter?" Seung asks simply. "You are in a perfect position, boy. She won't even be looking for you. Up until the moment she realizes you've escaped again, of course." She grins. Letting out a light chuckle as she shakes her head. 

 

"All you have to do is get it into her mouth. How hard can that be for a little noye like you?" She asks.

 

"Harder than you might think, Seung. Britney isn't fond of the little ones around her mouth either." Olivia chimes in with her trademark robotically emotionless voice.

 

Seung glances over to the woman without moving her head. Her eyes swivelling back towards Nathan. "He'll find a way. After all, I'm going to be getting Elysse tomorrow, or the next day." She grins wickedly.

 

Nathan stares blankly. "What are you saying...?" He asks. Nervous to hear the answer.

 

"I'm saying that if you don't find a way to get point A into point B, I'm going to call lights out on that little chang nhyu acquaintance of yours." The girl grins, baring her white pearly teeth menacingly.

 

Nathan swallows hard.

 

Seung pokes the tiny man backwards, laying him flat out onto his ass again as he yelps lightly. "But I know you won't fail me. There's too much at stake for you to even think about that." She says as she looks towards Olivia.

 

"Come, Olivia. Let's continue with your check ups." She says as she begins for the door. Pulling it open, and pushing into the hallway beyond without another word. 

 

Olivia watches her go. Looking back to Nathan after a moment as she picks him up, and lowers him to the floor. "Your name is Nathan, is it not?" Olivia asks as she peers to the tiny, who nods his head.

 

Olivia nods herself. "It was interesting meeting you. Try to stay out of harms way." She says before continuing to, and through the door herself.

 

Nathan sighs as he's left alone in the large room. Slumping down into a cross legged position as he looks around. (Easier said than done.) He thinks to himself. Looking towards the large now shut door.

 

(They probably won't drop it off until later...) He thinks of whatever 'serum' Seung would be leaving for him in the lunch room. He stares blankly to the door for a moment. (I wish she'd at least told me -where- in the room.) He thinks as he looks back towards the large stainless steel drawers at the back wall of the room. 

 

(Hmm...) He thinks to himself as he looks at the key locks on each drawer. There was twelve in total. Each one laying horizontally at least six feet in length. Four columns that were each three drawers high. 

 

He picks himself up. Slowly making his way towards them. Looking the towering wall up and down. A memory flashing in his head of conversations long past that he had heard from the other tinies when he had been stuck within the 'containment' room he'd been hearing so much of lately...

 

He squints his eyes shut, but they soon open wide as he stares to the huge drawers. These weren't just any drawers... They contained...

 

(People?) He blinks. (What the fuck?) He asks himself as he begins to remember more, and more. The LRS didn't just quick-shrink people as he remembered seeing them do with others. They also slow-shrank people... Why, he didn't know. 

 

(Maybe..) He shudders. (Maybe some of them prefer the drawn out fear... Watching them slowly dwindle away.) He thinks, shivering once more as his hair stands on end at the thought of some of the people that must be here.

 

He turns to face the door of the room. Thinking on Seung in particular. The way she spoke. The way she had treated him even in their most brief of encounters... He had no doubt in his mind, that she was one of those people. One of those here that needed to be feared, just as much as they needed to be respected.

 

"What the hell am I supposed to do now..." He looks to the floor. Kicking at it, as he begins to walk for the door. Considering Seung's demand. Could he get away with it? Could he actually manage to shrink the woman who seemed to terrorize so readily? He laughs. Shaking his head.

 

"Get real, Nathan." He says to himself as he pushes himself to his stomach, and crawls out into the hallway. Looking from right, to left. Picking himself up, he turns deeper into the floor by going left. 

 

Passing by the next door on the left which was labeled 'Apex 1A'. (Hmm..) He thinks as he reaches the edge of the hallway. Another one leading left that would have, on the first floor, gone to the reception area. He stops by the corner, looking to the final door. He blinks his eyes blankly up towards the plaque. His eyes fixated upon the words inscribed therein. 

 

"Sto..." His jaw drops. The memories of the room of cages flashing back within his mind. He growls a bit. His heartrate quickening as he slowly approaches the door. Bracing his left palm against it's cold surface as he tries to listen to whatever might be going on within the room beyond.

 

A room which he had known quite well before his initial escape. He swallows hard as he lowers himself to his stomach. Peering beneath the door into the room which emanated the sound of faint voices, and dim, near candle intensity lighting. He can't help but feel a twist in his gut. A pull in his body, urging him to turn tail.

 

He looks to his left, farther down the hallway from the direction he'd come as he hears the elevators doors click, and begin to slide open. (Shit!) He thinks to himself as adrenaline takes over. Forcing his body to squirm beneath the doorway, and skitter inside of the dark room.

 

Looking left to right at the dimly lit black painted steel cages that lined the room both left and right from floor to ceiling. There was dozens, upon dozens of tiny compartments holding the tinies. Each one a mere six by six inch square box.

 

He breathes deeply. Hearing the footsteps approaching from down the hallway closer, and closer. Were they going to passby? Were they going to come in the room?

 

"Hey!" Somebody calls from one of the cages. A male voice, a shocked voice. "How did you get out?!" He asks, wanting to know for himself as Nathan spins around to look at the dirty, grungy, un-washed naked tiny that sat inside of his cage upon the barred floor on the first level. His hair was growing out, shaggy, and gross. Nathan could only imagine how long this one had been here, living off of what ever scraps the LRS decided to feed him. Judging by his skinny, near emaciated size, he assumed that wasn't often.

 

"I uh..." Nathan trails off. "I don't know..." He admits honestly. Unable to remember as he hears a key sliding into the door. His hair stands on end. Bolting towards that very corner cage and pressing his back against it. "Shhh!" He whispers, pressing an index finger to his mouth as he swallows hard.

 

The door pushing open, and Britney Youngs blue soled skate shoe slamming down against the floor as she steps inside of the room. None other than Chánel Bootham following in behind her. By this point, he could only assume that they were both aware he'd escaped again...

 

"How many do they want this time, Brit?" Chánel asks as she starts to scan cage by cage with her eyes. Grinning playfully at the bounty before her. She felt like a kid in a candystore as she walked down the center, and only aisle of this long, hellish room. Running her fingers against the bars of the tiny cages as she walked along slowly.

 

"Twenty of the little fucks." Britney replies. Resting her hands on her hips. Her eyebrows furrowed as she looks them over herself. Beginning deeper into the room. Nathan's heart pounding in his chest as he looks at the two giantesses.

 

One he was certain wanted nothing more than to stomp the life out of him. The other he was sure wanted nothing more than to smother him beneath her feet. He grins lightly at the thought. He couldn't deny it... Chánel always did have nice feet. And he could even appreciate her looks besides that. She wasn't an un-attractive girl. But, he sighs. Shaking his head.

 

He didn't want to live a life of imprisonment, and slavery. He knew there were certainly others. Dozens even that would gladly trade all they had for such a life. But Nathan? He needed to be free.

 

His eyes slowly pan right. Towards the open door. The bright lights of the hallway shining in, illuminating his body somewhat as he presses himself closer to the cage behind him. 

 

(I need to get the hell out of here...) He thinks to himself. Slowly creeping against the cage, and pushing himself against the wall as he sidesteps for the doorframe. His eyes never leaving Britney, and Chánel's legs as they continue to speak. Their voices booming into the room, and into his ears below.

 

"Twenty? Really?" Chánel can't help but grin. "At 15 grand a shrink, I'll be able to retire for the year!" She exclaims. Smiling dumbly as she stares down the tinies. "You hear that?" She asks, peering into an eye level cage.

 

"We're going to sell you little tinies off for shopping money!" She chuckles, running her finger vertically down the bars as she looks back over towards Britney.

 

"Hmph." Britney scowls. This was mere pocket change for her.

 

Nathan shudders, popping out of the room quickly before he has to hear anymore of the sickening conversation. Selling people, tiny or not, into abject slavery, and torment? It made his skin crawl. Especially the thought that if he didn't keep himself together, that he might end up as one of them. Or worse.

 

But what could he do?

 

Did he really have the courage to try and shrink down Britney for Seung Rhee?

 

If he ran, would she really go through with her threat, and end Elysse's life?

 

...Would he even survive in the outside world at two inches tall? He swallows hard as he reaches the corner of the hallway, and turns to the left. Staring beyond at what the third floor had made of a common lounging kind of waiting area which down on the first floor would have been the Reception area.

 

Couches, coffee tables, plants, chairs. No bar though.

 

He shakes his head. Pinching the bridge of his nose. He was just one man. One tiny, tiny man. Why the hell did Seung seem to think he was capable of so much more?

 

He scoffs. (She's just trying to fuck with me.) He concludes, exhaling deeply as he kicks at the tile floor, and begins to make his way towards the lunch room.

 

He had no other choice at this point. It was either help Seung, and Olivia, and hope that they restore his, and Elysse's height. Or have the guilt of her death on his conscience, and very likely end up dead himself.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Anticipating that I won't have as much time to write now that I'm at University studying Arabic... But!

Stay tuned! I'll be sure to try and upload regularly. =) The next chapter should be on it's way shortly anyhow.

Salaam!