- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's been awhile.

Snapped Chapter 5: Cold Conversation

            Milly woke abruptly with a gasp in the dark. She was rolled into a ball and covered in a cold sweat. She hated that dream. She pressed a hand against her left side and felt the rough skin on her hip where her scar was. It was her first scar; she had earned it on the most terrifying night of her life. No amount of magic would heal it. She could feel her body trembling from the memory. She thought she had locked these feelings away. She hated Michelle, she hated Tara, she hated herself. Suddenly the forgotten emotions stirred, rushing out like a geyser. The flood gates were open and tears came. She was pathetic.

 

            Tara slowly opened her eyes, calmly waking from the shared dream. She blinked her eyes as they adjusted to the dark. She turned her head to see Milly huddled on her desk in the light of the moon. She could hear the shallow echo of her sobbing. Tara immediately knew why and sighed.

            MIlly heard her before she’d even gotten out of bed. One of the perks to being half the size of a water bottle was that it was hard for people to sneak up on you. She took a deep breath and wiped away some of her tears. She refused to be seen like this.

            “You still think about it don’t you?” Milly heard in Tara’s calm monotone. She didn’t acknowledge.

            “It’s okay you can admit it.” Tara approached the dresser resting her head onto her arms casting her shadow over Milly.

            Milly remained silent. She hadn’t regained her composure and didn’t feel like engaging in any of Tara’s mind games.

            Suddenly a large finger pressed against her back. It was soft a first gently stroking her before the pressure increased and she felt herself being pushed. She tried to resist but whatever strength she could muster was nothing compared to the massive digit. She was instantly pushed onto her stomach then rolled over, pinned under Tara’s massive manicured index finger.

            “You shouldn’t ignore people, especially when there twenty times your size.”

            “What do you want?” Milly croaked frustrated. She was expecting Tara’s typical unfeeling gaze but was met with a surprisingly gentle expression. She even had a slight smile which was fairly creepy.

            “It doesn’t have to be like this you know.” Tara whispered.

            Milly just stared back in silence.

            “So awful for you, I mean.” Tara continued. “We were friends once.”

            Milly could help but laugh. She grabbed the finger in a tender embrace giving it a small peck before biting down hard on the tip.

            “Ouch!” Tara pulled her finger back reveal the tiniest drop of blood. She placed it in her mouth sucking it tenderly as Milly continued her manic laughter.

            “Thanks, I needed that.” She finally said trying to catch her breath.

            “I’m serious.” Tara revealed turning her head in anger at the rejection.

            “What? You feeling sorry for me now?” Milly questioned. She began to twirl around in circles as she regained some of her sense, or lost it depending on who you asked.          

            Tara took a deep breath. She couldn’t let herself get angry. This was just how Milly was now. This was a good test of her leadership.

            “I’m giving you a chance Milly.” She stated calmly. “A chance to be the Millicent that I knew.”

            Milly stopped her spinning falling onto her butt. She looked up at her captor with a smile.

            “That Milly’s dead.” She answered. “You should know, you helped kill her.”

            “You’re not an innocent in all this.” She plucked Milly from the desk with her thumb and fore finger bringing her close to her face. “You didn’t give me very many options.”

            Milly didn’t have a counter for that accusation, not that she really cared. She swung back and forth building momentum until she wiggled free smacking right into Tara’s face. She slid off into the giantess’s open palm.

            “Be my familiar.” Tara said.

            “Isn’t that redundant, considering I already belong to you and Michelle.”

            “Not Michelle.” Tara added. “Just mine.”

            “She won’t like that.” Milly giggled. “She’s already used me once today.”

            “She can’t do much she’s already on Morgan’s bad side.”

            Milly looked at Tara unsure. Tara always had some kind of plan but for once Milly couldn’t see her angle. Why now after so long would she pretend to be her friend again.

            “I want to go out.” Milly said.

            “What?”

            “Tonight, I want to go out. Alone.”

            “And do what.”

            “Think about your offer. Don’t you trust me?” Milly gave Tara her most innocent smile.

            “No I don’t.” Was Tara’s blunt response.

            “Well then we’re at an impasse.”

            Tara just shook her head and smiled. It was strange but on rare occasions Milly really did seem like her old self. She turned to look at her clock. It was four-fifteen am.

            “Fine you have thirty minutes.” She walked towards the door and set Milly down on the floor. “Don’t make me regret this.”

            “I wouldn’t dream of it.” Milly winked.

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I know it's been some time since I wrote a chapter of Snapped, but I did say it would update whenever the hell I feel like....Like now for instance. Please comment.