- Text Size +

There is silence for a long time, broken only by Myra’s gigantic thumbs playing across the keypad of her tremendous cell phone.  John gets disgusted just thinking about Myra receiving a paycheck to sit there and do nothing but torture and kill his peers. Myra’s voice cuts through the silence as she quietly sings the lyrics to some stupid pop song John has never heard before.  

John hated surprises, and Myra certainly fell into that category.  Sure it was boring sitting there in his cubby day in and day out, and he always feared having another episode, but most of his day consisted of staring at the beige plastic wall.  Now however the mere presence of Myra sends chills down his spine.

She sits in the middle of the gigantic room like some angel of death.

“Haaaaaa.” Myra laughs to herself, after at least a half hour.  “No fucking way...” She says, standing up and walking along the row of tiny people, on the opposite wall from John.  

“Some of you are coming with me.” Myra giggles as she walks down the row, sliding her hand against each door as she moves along, her cell phone still in her opposite hand. John can see the small faceless figures move into the back of their cubbies as Myra’s gigantic hand glides past them.  

“Nope, too old...” Myra says to herself, going door to door and peering in.  “Too fat...Too skinny...” She mumbles as John hears Jeff shifting in the next cubby over. John crawls to the plastic door and looks out, his blood running cold as she picks people for...god knows what.  

“Jeff, it was really nice knowin ya man.”  John says apprehensively, sweat dripping from his forehead.  

“Yeah buddy, it’s been real.” Jeff replies, his voice cracking.  

John watches as Myra walks towards him. He whimpers, and hears Jeff do the same as he scampers into the back of his cubby, holding his hand out in front of him as if he could ward off the evil woman.  Her crotch soon fills the window, but it is soon replaced with her face, which is twisting innocently as she studies his tiny body.

“Move your hands, let me see your face...” She commands.  John sits there, his hands still held out before him.

“I said move your hands!” The gigantic voice of Myra rattles John, vibrating through the plastic of his prison, and echoing into the huge room, rolling away like a thunderclap. John slowly lowers his hands and stares wide eyed out at Myra.  A small, sinister smile creeps across her gigantic lips.

“Jonathan? Jonathan Cote?” Myra asks as her fingers flip the latch on the plastic door upwards.

“M..Myra? M.Myra Reid?” John stammers as cool air assaults his body.   Memories of high school flood back into John’s head, freshman year specifically.  He had shared more than a few classes with Myra and they had even shared a joke here and there, but that is as far as it went.  

She looked a lot different to John back then, a lot less developed, shorter...

“How are you- oh yeah...Not good.” Myra laughs as she opens the plastic door and reaches inside, her gigantic hand blotting out her smiling face.

“No!” John screams as three of her huge fingers wrap around his tiny body.  

“This is too perfect... Little Johnny...” Myra says as she lifts him to her face, closing the plastic door behind him and walking to the desk as John thrashes in her grasp.  

“I used to have the sickest crush on you...and now you’re going to be the one who gets crushed.” She says, placing him on the desk and sitting down.  She cups her hands around him, both appendages towering a few inches above his head as they rest on their sides.  

“Myra! Please don’t hurt me!” John pleads as his head darts around, looking for any escape, there is none...

“That is Queen Myra...” She says nonchalantly as she rolls her giant right hand into a fist, and slams it on the desk, inches away from John.   It is like a lightning bolt striking before him as the hand slams down right next to his tiny feet, the ground shakes uncontrollably, and John is tossed onto his side, painfully, landing a few feet away.  

John quickly crawls to his hands and knees, but before he can rise to his full height, a huge pressure slams into his back, pushing him onto his stomach.  Myra’s tremendous index finger grinds his naked back, her nail biting into his skin a little bit as she twists and turns it.  

“Say it...” She demands.

“Queen Myra!” John shrieks in pure terror.

“Repeat after me.” Myra commands as John suddenly finds his tiny head pinched between two huge walls of fingertip flesh.  He is lifted into the air before her gigantic face, her giant tongue rolling across her huge, red lips.  “You are my queen.” She says.

“You...you are my queen!!”  Jonathan screams, his voice cracking as his legs dangle high in the air. He cycles his feet and pushes his hands into Myra’s huge, warm fingers, much as the woman who was still probably being digested within her stomach had done earlier.

“I belong to you, Myra Reid, to do with as you so please.” Myra continues, her gigantic lips curled into a cold smile.

“I belong to...oh god, Don’t eat me!! please!!” John begs desperately.  He finds his tiny body being waved about in the air, as he yelps and closes his eyes for a long moment.

“Say it... before I do decide to eat you.” Myra grins.

“I ..b..belong...to you. Myra..Reid...To do with as you please.”  John stammers.

“Good, you now legally belong to me... I am claiming you verbally, as my property.” Myra says as she places John down on the desk.

John falls to his hands and knees, and rubs the back of his neck and shoulders, his muscles crying out in pain.  He looks up at her, confused and afraid.  “Wh..what?” He stammers meekly.

“Silly little mouse... Don’t you know that anyone can claim you as theirs, just by saying so? You know, the claim act? Of nineteen seventy two?” Myra laughs.  

“Garvin vs. Lowel?” She sighs contentedly as she drums her fingertips on the desk next to John.  John stumbles backwards, onto his rear and holds a single, shaking hand out in front of himself, defensively.

“It doesn't matter...” Myra giggles as she lowers her head to the desk, resting it on it’s side, her hazel eyes studying John intently as he climbs to his feet.

“P..please Myra-Queen Myra, please... Just...” Jonathan's voice cracks as he backs away from the huge piercing eyes and tremendous nose of his new owner.  

He backs into something soft, warm, and pleasantly fragrant.

“Where are you going? There is nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...” Myra says playfully as the warm wall John is leaning against suddenly wraps around his body entirely, encasing him in complete darkness and thoroughly smothering him.  John struggles to breathe, and thrashes wildly within the confines of Myra’s sweet smelling hand, the scent of lotion, sweat, and soap mingling in his nostrils.  “Squirm like the little worm you are Cote...Like you made me squirm for two years, waiting for you to ask me out, waiting for you to even fucking notice me...I bet I am hard to miss now.” Myra growls as her fist tightened even further.

John begins to see spots before his eyes, he can feel his bones buckling, and his lungs burning.  His head grows lighter on his shoulder as his tormentor squeezes the life out of him.  Right when John thinks his intestines are going to be squeezed through his mouth, the hand unfurls, causing him to tumble to his knees, gasping for air and crawling away.  His vision is quickly filled with the underside of Myra’s fingers as they slam down in front of him, blocking his path.

“I am going to make your life hell John... for as long as I can-” Myra is cut off by the huge door creaking open, the humungous form of Elizabeth Dunn strolling into the room, looking down at Jonathan on the desk.  Myra looks up at the woman, a slight look of apprehension scrolling across her face as she stops in front of the desk.  Elizabeth looks over at the wall, at John’s empty cubby, and then back down at Myra’s hands, where John is trembling and sobbing.

“What is seventy-eight doing out? Is there something wrong with it?” Her huge voice booms.

“I...um, I actually knew him, we went to highschool together.” Myra stammers out quickly.

“Why is he crying?” Elizabeth asks as she steps around the back of the desk, opens a drawer and rummages through it.  “You haven’t seen a Blackberry, have you?”  She asks nonchalantly, her attention shifting to her search.

“He was just telling me his story... Heartbreaking, so I decided to claim him...No I haven’t seen it.” Myra adds as she looks around the desk.  

“Claim him? You can’t just claim him Myra, he belongs to the hospital.” Elizabeth states as she continues to look for a phone and then sighs.

“Well if you come across it I’ll be back, maybe I left it in the cafeteria or something.” She trails off as she wanders from the room, closing the door behind her.  

“Yeah sure.” Myra says, her voice carrying a hint of annoyance.  

“As if it matters...” Myra mutters once she is alone again.  She strikes a few keys on the keyboard and hums to herself, her fingertip pressed against John’s tiny skull, plastering it uncomfortably to the desk.

“You’re due soon anyway.” Myra grins.