- Text Size +

Chapter 1 -  The Rodents In The Ward

Manhattan, a hospital

September the fourteenth, two-thousand and thirteen.

4:21 PM

Jonathan Cote sighs as he paces back and forth in his tiny prison, his little bare feet tapping on the beige plastic floor.  He sighs again as he walks over to the huge plastic window, pressing one hand against it, longingly.  Beyond his little “cubby.” As the hospital staff liked to call them, John can see at least two dozen more cubbies on the opposite wall.  All of them have spring loaded latches that keep small plastic doors locked in place.  Some of the Cubbies have sliding grey shutters, which are used for privacy, though, more often than not, they are used by the staff to punish the tiny, helpless occupants inside.  John had experienced this once when he had arrived here, six months ago.  He had complained about the amount of food he had been given, and he spent the next two days in pitch blackness, with absolutely no food, or water.

It was a harsh lesson, but John never complained about anything ever again.

For John it was a rough transition, before the Syndrome hit over a year ago, he was a straight A college student, studying computer science. He adored his girlfriend Stacey, who for the first six months of his ordeal took care of him, along with his loving family.  That all changed when he was reduced to the size of a small action figure.  One night Stacey told John that she was going to bring him out for air, as she always did.  But when they wound up inside the hospital, John quickly found himself in the very same prison he stood in now, his crying girlfriend claiming she was doing what was in his best interests.  As the skinny twenty two year old dwells on that moment, as he often did, he finds himself silently sobbing, looking away from the window.

“John...” A masculine voice comes from behind the wall to his left.

“I know...” He responds, sniffling.

“It’s not going to bring her back, it’s not going to bring any of them back.” The familiar voice of Jeff explains, as it often did.  

John had never physically seen Jeff, save for a few glimpses when he was taken out of his cell to be bathed.  The man was middle aged, with a similar story, his wife had dropped him here months ago, and has never been back since.

A large creaking sound booms through the outside world, and two feminine voices can be heard echoing into the room.  

“This is where you’ll be working mainly...” The familiar voice of Elizabeth Dunn, the usual staff member who took care of the people within this particular room, says calmly to someone unseen.  

“Ew, really, with the rodents?” A younger feminine voices responds, disgust dripping from her giant voice.

Elizabeth can be heard chuckling.  “Sorry hon, we all have to start somewhere, it’s not so bad...” She explains as they slowly saunter into John’s view.

“Oh god Jeff!” John calls out, fear creeping into his tiny voice.

“Don’t make eye contact...” Jeff says calmly, but John cannot help himself, he is pressed against the plastic window.

He looks up the middle aged, blonde and fit Elizabeth Dunn, who is dressed in aqua scrubs, as is this new giant she is with. The younger woman has long and shiny black hair which hangs down to the middle of her back. Her complexion and figure are both perfect, and her face is youthful and vibrant. She seems to stretch miles into the sky, her gigantic hazel eyes scanning the rows of tiny people all around her.

“She’s...” John begins, feeling smaller than ever after having been referred to as a rodent.

“Trouble.” Jeff finishes his sentence, his voice cracking the slightest bit.

The pair of giantesses stop at a small desk, atop which sits a gigantic laptop and some papers.

“If you have any questions, my extension is 232. I’ll be back in around an hour, get yourself acquainted with your rodents.” Elizabeth chuckles, patting the younger woman on the back.  

“Thanks...I’ll do that.” The girl says, almost half heartedly as Elizabeth turns and walks away, the door creaking open and then slamming shut behind her.  As soon as Elizabeth is gone, a large sinister smile stretches across the giant girl’s lips.  

“Look at all the little people.” She says to herself, amusement in her booming voice.

She walks over to towards John’s cubby, her gigantic crotch casting his world in near complete darkness as it fills the window.

“Hi sweetie!” The giant girl giggles, a tapping sound ringing out in the skies above.  

“You’re so pretty and cute.” The girl says, her tone cold and serious as the sound of a latch being released causes John to jump.

“T..t..thank you?” A small female voice can barely be heard.  “Whoa, what are you doing?! Ahh!” The same voice cries out , suddenly filled with surprise and terror.   

“Ahaha...” The giant girl laughs as she steps away, walking towards the desk, a tiny naked woman squirming within in her enclosed hand.  The blonde haired woman, no older than thirty whimpers as she presses her tiny hands into the top of the giant girl’s fist.  

“Stop squirming...” The giant girl commands as she places the little woman down onto the wooden desktop.  She stumbles a bit, her bare feet dancing around confusedly against the smooth wood for a moment as she steadies herself on her shaking legs.  The little woman stares upward, backpedaling a few timid steps as the scrubs-clad giantess places her hands onto the desk, leaning over the tiny person, menacingly.

“I think I’ll call you Minnie... Minnie Mouse...” The giant girl smirks for a moment.

“And you can call me Myra.” She grins as she walks around her desk and sits down.  

“Ahhh...” Myra sighed in contentment as she crosses her white sneakers atop the desk roughly, causing the tiny woman to fall onto her tiny buttocks.   

“She can’t be serious...” John stammers, his heart racing in his chest as he watches the scene unfold outside.

“She can be whatever she wants...” Jeff trails off, apprehensively.

“Minnie...” Myra says commandingly, snapping her fingers and pointing at her left shoe, which towers over the small action figured sized woman.

“Lick.” She commands as she rocks her feet back and forth on their ankles a few times.  The woman climbs to her little feet, staggering a bit to the left.  The tiny, frightened woman hesitates for a few seconds.  

“I said...” Myra growls, lifting her left foot in the air, and slamming it down on the desk, closer to the little woman, causing her to stagger once more.

“Lick! Before I fucking squash you...” Myra growls a bit, before laughing to herself.  

The tiny girl whimpers something that is Inaudible as she rushes towards Myra’s foot, falling to her little knees and obediently running her tiny tongue across the grimy sole of Myra’s slightly worn sneaker.  She turns her head and grimaces, coughing and gagging a bit.

“That’s right, get your tiny tongue between all the little grooves...” Myra taunts as she leans back and folds her hands in back of her neck. The tiny woman turns back towards the dirty sole and laps her tongue gingerly across the dirty design, again and again.  

“She’s fucking insane! Oh my god!” John stammers, shrinking back into his cubby.

“Be quiet...” Jeff hisses.  “And stay still.” He adds nervously, his voice quivering.

Dozens of voices can be heard, coming from above and below them, one masculine voice stands out above all the rest, a soft pounding permeating the collective apprehension.

“Leave her alone!” It shouts before pounding three more times.

“You will make a great little assistant Minnie” Myra says encouragingly as Minnie turns away again, doubles over, and dry heaves a few times before jumping right back into her assigned task.

“Take a good look little ones!” Myra says out loud as John runs a hand nervously through his long brown hair.  

“This one knows her place... She knows who her queen is! And if you all value your lives, you will bow down before me as well!” Myra proclaims, sighing contently as the tiny woman at her feet laps away.

“Ahh... Finally...” Myra says to herself

“Getting paid to do what I love.” She giggles.