- Text Size +

“How could this have happened? WHAT happened?” The President of the United States was shouting to his cabinet as they had a hurried and emergency meeting in the Oval Office. Phrases that had been shouted a lot since 7AM. “Do we have any clue if anyone is doing anything about it?”

 

            “No sir,” One of the Secretaries replied. “There’s been no communication link found. No cellphones work, the Internet is down, radios get nothing but static…even the landlines are dead! It’s like someone set off an EMP all over D.C.”

 

            “Or the entire country!” Another Sec said.

 

            “Everything stops dead in its tracks at 7AM this morning…” The President spoke. “They all went down at the same time, which means this isn’t some freak malfunction. Whatever it is…it was deliberate, I’m sure of it.”

 

            “An attack on the country, sir?” A Secretary asked, tensely.

 

            “We can’t discount the possibility.” The President replied, pacing behind his desk in long strides, sweat becoming visible on his brow. “If it is indeed the truth that this is the result of an attack, then this situation is critical, as we don’t know when or where it was initiated or who performed it. We are completely blind!”

 

            “I think another major concern,” A General who was in attendance as well chimed in. “Is how was it carried out? You don’t just flip a switch and all the power across a city, god-forbid the country, cuts out. A highly advanced type of technological weapon would be required for such an attack. If such a weapon exists, and is in hostile hands, we need to not only find who has it but find measures to counter it.”

 

            “General…” The President spoke to the man. “I need you to spread word to all of our armed forces across the country and sweep the nation until the cause of this is discovered. Write letters if you have to, but…”

 

            He was interrupted by a monstrous quake that coursed through the Earth and caused everyone in the room to be thrown from their chairs and the windows in the Oval Office to shatter loudly. It was accompanied by the sound of what could have been thousands of bundles of TNT going off at the same time. A great dust cloud created an over cast atop the White House and whoosed through the windows, causing a coughing fit in everyone present inside. When the mighty boom was quieted…there were screams.

 

            Secret Service men came charging into the room, dust covering their neat black suits, and their guns drawn.

 

            “Sir!” They cried. “Get down!”

 

            “God, they’re attacking!” The General yelled. “They’re dropping bombs!”

 

 

            There was no bomb.

            At 8: 13 AM, Arell materialized in Washington, D.C, appearing near the Washington Monument. The act of transporting dropped her down the surface, dust (and debris) was harshly kicked up under her boots. Cars and trucks parked around the Monument suddenly took on a new role as missiles as they were flung skyward. Some buildings even collapsed under the tremor caused by the woman’s sheer weight.

 

            The streets had been full of angry civilians, who had taken it upon themselves to demand answers from the source. Masses were trying to descend upon the White House, whatever law enforcement and armed forces present trying to keep them at bay. When the massive woman in the purple catsuit suddenly appeared, seemingly out of nowhere…the masses took off in the other direction, running and screaming for their lives.

 

            Smiling brightly, Arell watched crowds of tiny little figures flee from her feet., her hands on her hips. She was a little shorter than the Washington Monument, around five hundred and thirty-five feet. The average human being was less than, but not by much, an inch from her perspective. Such small being could be squashed in packs of fifty or more with each step. Despite her height, the shrill cries of the terrified reach her ears perfectly, and she felt a sort of power rise within her.

 

            It was clear who was in charge right now.

 

            Arell bent down and plucked a random Earthy in her fingers and raised them up to her eyes. It was a young woman, early twenties, and before she even got to Arell’s chest level, she was already unconscious, passed out from sheer fear. Arell manipulated the rag doll in her fingers, looking at her curiously, humming a little. She was actually in a great mood right now. It had been a big day, and she’d been remarkably busy, but despite that she was full of energy and felt a high degree of accomplishment. She bent down again and placed the Earthy back on the ground, and then turned her attention towards the home of the executive leader: The White House.

 

            The giant woman stepped towards the small, white building, her foot falls leaving cracks and chasms in the ground, and rattling nearby buildings. The crowd of people quickly got out of her way as fast as they could, and those that failed were all but completely wiped from the face of the Earth, their bodies unrecognizable stains on the soles of Arell’s boots. She stepped over the small fence and stopped in front of the White House and looked at it for a moment.

 

            “Hmmm…” She uttered, thoughtfully. “I can’t help but think the building that represents that highest branch of government should be bigger…ah, well.”

 

            She began to crouch down when she felt a small sensation pricking at her legs, lower back, and butt. It was a small feeling, and she actually had time to think that it was surprising that she had felt it at all. It was similar to someone lightly touching you with the very tip of their finer. Arell turned her head. The law enforcement and armed forces that had been holding back the crowd were not focusing on her. They had drawn their weapons and were now shooting at any spot on her that they thought they could hit. Rounds that were fired at Arell’s back went virtually unfelt, her long hair effectively absorbing the bullets.

 

            Arell began to move towards the men and women in uniform…and then decided against it. They weren’t really a distraction, or even really an annoyance. If they eventually became a problem, she’d deal with them then, but she turned her attention back to the White House and ignored them.

 

            Kneeling down in front of the small building, a brief consideration of knocking (tapping the building with her finger) occurred in her mind, and she rejected it, realizing she didn’t care about such things. So, instead, she reached forward and placed her hands on both sides of the White House…

 

 

            More booms outside. More screams. Now there was gunfire.

 

            “Sweet jesus, it’s an invasion!” The General cried.

 

            “We need to get the President out of here!” One of the Secret Service men yelled. “It’s too dangerous to keep him here!”

 

            “Contact the National Guard!” The President commanded. “Tell them we…aw fuck, the phones are dead, goddamn it!”

 

            “Nevermind that now, sir,” The Service men were running him towards the door. “We just need to…”

 

            A loud crack was heard and whatever windows that didn’t break now shattered. Some of the walls began to break and squeal in loud protest as if the building was being squeezed. Pipes burst and water spewed from faucets, and ceiling lights went out in sparks.

 

            “What’s happening?!” The President cried!

 

            “They’re here!” A Service Man cried. “We gotta move! Red alert! Red AaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAHH!”

 

            Suddenly, there was a great ripping like noise and everyone was flown backwards towards the Presidents desk. Men and women went flying out the windows, while the lucky ones, the President included, were stopped by furniture or just hit a space in between the panes.

 

            Though he couldn’t be sure in his present stated of mind…the President thought that the floor had turned upward.

 

 

            As Arell applied a bit more of her strength, the White House gave a final groan before shredding out of its foundation. Smiling triumphantly, Arell rose to her feet again, holding the building in her hands like a shoe box. She raised it to the side of her head and gently shook it. The sounds of loose furniture rattling around and a fresh volley of screams floated into her ear, and a soft laugh emitted from her. She brought the building back in front of her and rotated it. She saw furniture and debris rain from the building, along with a few people as well.

 

Raising it up to her face, she closed her left eye and peeked through the windows.

 

 

There were only two service men and the President left in the Oval Office. The General had fallen out one of the windows, and most of his cabinet had slipped through collapsed walls and out of sight.  One of the Service was hollering, his leg having been broke by a large piece of furniture crashing into him. The other service was merely dazed. The President himself was bleeding from one of his arms and on the side of his head.

“M…M…Mr…Pre…President!” The dazed service man moaned, stumbling towards him. “Are…are….are you…alright, sir?”

 

“What…happened?” The Commander in Chief replied, weakly.

 

“I…I don’t know sir…” The man sighed. “But…I’m going to get…you….out of…here.”

 

Mustering up whatever strength he had, he reached down and pulled the President up to his feet and offered his shoulder as support. The two men took two steps when the sun was abruptly cut off. Surprised, the men turned…

An incredibly light blue eye was peering in through the windows. The mere sight of it froze the two men in place, their minds immediately believing that this was some sort of optical illusion of the most dramatic kind. The dark pupil scanned left and then right and stopped dead center. The eye lid narrowed just a smidge and something else, something invisible, was emitted from the massive organ. The President knew what it was: Discovery.

 

“Ah, ha.” A voice, a very large voice, spoke. “There you are.”

 

Then, it felt as if the White House just dropped right down several feet. The men were lifted off the floor and then crashed down on it when the movement suddenly stopped. Outside, the eye was replaced by a nose, then a mouth, then a neck, accompanied with a collar and a zipper of a suit, and then a large expansion at the chest level which could only be the breasts of a woman. 

 

A loud crash sounded right behind them. When they looked, they saw two massive worm like things shearing through the wall effortlessly and extending across the room towards them. Big fat worms was all the President could think, though he’d never seen one that was purple, nor one so large. The fat worms put their two heads together (or was it their asses, they both looked the same) at the President’s leg. When they began to drag him across the rug, he considered that they could be tentacles.

 

“SIR!” The Service man cried.

 

Gunshots. The service man with the broken leg had drawn his gun and was firing blindly at the two massive entities that were absconding with the Commander in Chief. The bullets made thick sounds as they hit the large targets, but seemed to do nothing else. The other Service man leaped forward and grabbed the President’s flailing hands. The Service man had been a part of law enforcement for all of his life. Had served in the military for more than fifteen years, had earned the medal of honor and a purple heart. Like most men of service, peak physical fitness was a requirement, and the Secret Service was no exception. They were typically the best of the best, selected to protect the most powerful man in the free world.

 

But he might as well have been a pimply, skinny armed, lanky teenager because, though he pulled with all the force of his massive arms…it did not slow down the President’s capture.

 

Not one bit.

 

 

Arell withdrew the President from the window slowly. As she did, the Service man who had grabbed the Commander in Chief lost his grip. He fell down past the White House, bounced off Arell’s breasts, and plummeted to the ground at her feet. Arell barely saw this. With her target in her grip, she was done with the White House. With a casual swing of her arm, she tossed the entire building over her shoulder like a used tissue. It soared over the Washington Monument and crashed into the buildings beyond it like a meteor from outer space. Fresh explosions accompanied this and smokes from fire became visible.

 

Meanwhile…the President was lifted up to those blue eyes, so light in color, they looked like ice. Appropriate because great chills surged up the man’s spine.

 

“Sorry for dropping in…” Arell said, her smile vibrantly reflected in her eyes. “But I think you’ll find that the things I have to say deserve your immediate attention.”

 

“Wh-wh-wha…what…who?” The President fumbled. Suddenly, he had a good idea who might be the culprit behind the black-out.

 

“My name is Arell,” The giant said. “Why don’t you take a short walk with me, hmm?”

And with that, she began walking. She turned around and headed back towards the Washington Monument. The President looked down, struggling in her grasp, and saw a scene of pure chaos down at the woman’s feet. People were running and screaming, gunfire was directed at the massive invader, but seemed to be nothing more than mere annoyances (if even that), her footfalls left immense damage to the ground. And, finally, the White House was hundreds of feet away in a pile of smoldering ruin and debris. Arell rounded the Washington Monument and began walking down the long National Mall, happening upon a fresh group of terrified people. The giant’s pounding footsteps got closer and the President watched helplessly as lives were quickly snuffed under those boots.

 

“Stop!” He cried. “There are people down there!”

 

“At my size, people will get hurt no matter what I do,” Arell shrugged. “So, why fight it? If they want to live, then they need to get out of my way.”

 

“But…!”

 

“Now…” Arell interrupted him, raising him up to eye level again. “Let’s make this simple, shall we? I’ve never been fond of jargon. To put everything concisely: I own your planet, and by extension, your country. You will surrender to me, resistance is futile, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.”   

 

“You…you’re not serious…” The President found nothing else to say.

 

“Why does everyone say that?” Arell said, chuckling. “If I wasn’t serious I wouldn’t have pulled you out of your little White House and thrown it across the street. Nor would I have taken the time to shut down all of your major networks…”

 

“So you’re…!”

 

“Responsible for the black-out?” The giant finished for him. Then…she actually yawned. At first, the President thought she was mocking him, but then a closer look at her eyes and he saw some signs of tiredness. “Yes, that was my doing. Don’t worry, you’re not along. I did the very same thing to the rest of the planet.”

 

“Rest…” He couldn’t even finish. The entire planet? A GLOBAL blackout!?

 

“Of course I didn’t just capture America,” Arell said, smiling through her eyes again. “Don’t even begin to flatter yourself. Your pitiful country was the last stop, actually. To think that some of you ‘Americans’ can’t even point out your own country on a map…” She shook her head. “Anyway, bottom line: You’re no longer in charge.”

 

“You can’t do this!” The President cried, suddenly finding his voice. This was too much. He had been a Politian for years, and the thought of giving up all the time and energy and, not to mention, money that he’d put into his work and into his campaign… “You simply can’t!”

 

“Uh-huh,” Arell said, now sounding disinterested. She wasn’t even looking at him anymore, but ahead. “You Earthies all say the same thing. ‘You can’t do this’, ‘You can’t do that!’, ‘You just simply can’t do this’. Well, here’s the thing…”

 

She had approached Capital Hill and the Building was right in front of her. Her foot cocked back and then was launched, going several hundreds of miles, head long into the main dome, destroying the center of the building. Bricks and rocks cannoned from the damage and smashed through buildings and cars…and people.

 

“I can…”

 

Her foot swung back and this time raised up. Arell angled it over the House of Representatives and brought it down with tremendous force. A thunderous boom and a immense billow of smoke and the House was history. Then, Arell whirled around gracefully (the motion made the President feel incredibly ill). She then brought herself down atop the Senate Chamber, her immense rear flattening the structure as if it was made of cotton.

 

“…and I am.” Arell finished, stretching her legs, her feet digging up yards of grass.

 

“Please…” The President began. “You…you don’t have to do this…”

 

“I’ve heard that too…” Arell interrupted, breathing deeply, relaxed. She hadn’t sat down in awhile and it was good to give her legs a break. Was that some people squirming under her down there?

 

“…perhaps we can work something out!” The President begged. “You…I assume you’re not from this planet…you’re race must be incredibly intelligent. There’s much our races can learn from each other! May…maybe we can discuss some relations…please.”

 

Even before he finished, he saw that there was no chance as Arell chuckled at “learn from each other”.

 

“There’s nothing you Earthies could possibly teach us.” Arell said. “We learned everything you know before you Earthies learned that fire was hot.”

 

“What…what did you call me?” The President asked. “Ea…Earthy?”

 

Arell rolled her eyes and laughed softly.

 

“Earthies from your country really are dense,” She sighed. “It’s really embarrassing for all of you. Anyway, I didn’t come here for your permission. I came mostly to make an appearance…and to add the leaders of the planet to my collection.”

 

“Co…collection?” The Commander in Chief repeated. He immediately didn’t like the sound of that.

 

“Yep.” Arell replied. “I have some of you Earthies up on my ship. Most of them are for research purposes…with the exception of one.”

 

“M-M-Me?” The man asked.

 

“No, not you.” The giant shook her head. “He’s another Earthy that you’ve probably never met.” As she said this, Arell rose to her feet, using her free hand to brush debris and dust off her wide bum. “Anyway, my work here is done for now. Time for you to see your new home ‘mister President’.”

 

“No!” The man cried. “Please! You can’t! I have a family! My wife, and two beautiful little girls! You can’t take me away from them, please, I’m begging you!”

 

“Well, if you insist, tell me where they are and I’ll bring them too,” Arell offered, smiling.

 

“No…not that…don’t hurt them…” The President said softly.

 

“Then you’ve made your choice.”

 

With her free hand, Arell unzipped her suit a little, and then reached in. From between her breasts, she pulled out a small device with two buttons on it. She zipped her suit back up, took one last look around D.C, a pleased smile on her face, and then pressed the top button.

 

And with that…she, and the President, were gone in a flash of light.

 

Bradley Peterson was sitting in a forcefield pen of his own, in what he could only assume was Arell’s bedroom. There was indeed something that looked a bed, nestled inside of a large cubical structure that sat atop a small platform. A small table with some chairs sat not far that, a vase of those strange translucent and glowing flowers on them. There were also shelves that lined some parts of the wall. Bradley’s pen was on one of these.

 

            He had noticed how bare Arell’s room was. No sign of magazines, a TV, or anything for entertainment or hobby. But Bradley knew that this meant very little. There were many things about this ship that he didn’t know. Arell might have a whole library somewhere, and he had no idea. Or some kind of amazing device that could conjure any known book in existence. While bare, there were some windows, which provided a beautiful few of the starry space outside. Arell had been kind enough to place him on a shelf next to one of these windows, and he had spent most of that day looking out the glass. He had no idea what his capture was doing on the planet…but it most likely wasn’t very good.

 

            “What am I going to do…?” Bradley asked his reflection in the glass.

 

            A strange electrical sound was coming from the other room. It wasn’t very loud, just a small BZZZT like sound, and that was it. It repeated several times, but was separated by long intervals of silence. Bradley assumed it was some sort of generator or something that powered Arell’s ship. He could think of nothing else that would make such a sound constantly.                       

 

            At some point during his stay, he began to feel hungry, and was wondering if Arell had any thoughts of feeding him. She’d have to if she were to keep him as a slave. On the other hand, he wasn’t sure he wanted to know what kind of alien food her palate was used to. He wasn’t going to ask her about food unless he absolutely had to. A porto-potty, which Bradley assumed she had beamed up to her ship, had been installed his pen. Embarrassing, but better than going on the floor.

            A new sound came from the next room. It was also an electric sound, but it had more of an artificial whoosh to it. A bright beam of light was visible from the foggy glass doors that slid open as they were approached. Bradley stood from his bed, which was some square piece of some squishy material which the closest thing his mind could compare it to was memory foam, and stood at the wall of the force field and looked out to see what was happening.

 

            The light faded…and he there were familiar sounds of footfalls.

 

            She was back.

 

            The entire day (if he could call it that, he had no sun to go by) she had been gone, and Bradley had been glad. It gave him some time to come to terms with his situation and try to find a way to deal with it, or better yet, get out of it. Now, a part of him groaned as he heard Arell’s voice. Her voice was muffled, and he couldn’t make out what she was saying, but he was sure it was spoken in English.

 

            The glass door slide open and Arell walked into the room. Bradley hoped that she wouldn’t pay him any mind, that she’d ignore him for awhile longer.

 

            No such luck. She looked towards him as soon as she came in, that damned smile stretching on her lips, and she walked right over. She pressed a button out of his view and the force field dropped, and then she leaned toward him, bringing her face down to his level.

 

            “I brought you a present,” She said, her smile widening.

 

            “You did?” Bradley asked. “Is it something that’s going to kill me?”

 

            “If I was going to kill you, I wouldn’t say it was a present,” Arell replied. “Guess again.”

            “I have no idea, Arell,” Bradley said, shrugging tiredly.

 

            She raised a hand up to the shelf, and suddenly, Bradley Peterson was face to face with the President of the United States of America. Bradley took a step back.

 

            “What in Christ’s name…?” He asked.

 

            “Oh! You! What’s happening here!?” The President cried. “What has she done? What is she going to do to me!?! Tell me, I can’t not know!”

 

            “You kidnapped the President of the United States!?” Bradley cried at Arell.

 

            “He’s here, so…yes,” Arell said, rolling her eyes. That should have been obvious, that gesture meant.               

 

            “Is that where you’ve been?” Peterson asked. “Invading the U.S?”                   

 

            Arell laughed pleasantly. “It took me no less than fifteen minutes to conquer that country, and it was my last stop. I’ve been all over the globe today, my little Earthy friend. It was nice…I forgot how nice fresh air feels in the lungs.”       She reached up and  grasped the President and held him closer to Bradley. “But I thought you’d be excited to meet the President of your country. He is the head of your government, after all. This must be quite an honor for you.”

 

            “….hello, sir,” Bradley said awkwardly.

 

            “Please!” The President begged, holding out his hands. “Help me! What is she going to do!?”

 

            “I already told you what I’m ‘going to do’.” Arell said, withdrawing the man from Bradley. “I’m adding you to my collection of Earthy leaders.”

            “You’ve captured others!?” Bradley asked, shocked.

 

            “Naturally,” The giant said, nodding. “I teleport them here after I inform them a little of my plans. They get transported to the other room there in a special compartment I made for them. I have all of them. From the Emperor of Japan to the Queen of England, and from the Dictator of North Korea to the President of France. I have them all.”

 

            That explained that bzzzt noise. “Why would you do that?” Peterson asked. “What do you even want with them if you’re taking over Earth anyway?”

 

            “I have some thoughts of what I may use them for,” Arell said, holding the President up to her eyes. After looking him over for a few moments, she raised the device with the two buttons and pressed the bottom one. With a flash of light, the President vanished.

 

            Bzzzt…from the other room.

 

            “Now…” Bradley heard her say. He didn’t notice her reaching for him until it was too late. She raised him up to her icey eyes. “How’s my little Earthy doing?”

 

            “Just peachy…” Bradley mumbled.

 

            “Peachy, huh?” Arell repeated, smiling. “Well that’s good. I’m sure  you’re getting hungry. Don’t worry, I’ve thought of that. I’ll feed you later…for now…I’ve had a long day, and I’d like to rest.”

 

            “That’s just fine…” Bradley muttered.

 

            “After you eat…” Arell continued, her tone brightening. “You and I are going to spend a little quality time together. Have a little fun to break the ice. Won’t that be nice?”

 

            The expression on Bradley’s face was one of fear and dread mixed together. He did not reply. Arell simply laughed, placed him in his pen, and then went off to sleep in her bed.

 

            Twenty minutes later, she was peacefully sleeping. Twenty minutes later, Bradley was still standing exactly where Arell had placed him, sweat pouring down his face. He had seen one occasion of “fun” that Arell had with her Earthies, and that particular moment involved her suffocating them under her ass. He didn’t know what sort of playtime she’d have for him…but he knew he wanted no part in it.

 

            He stood at the wall of the Force Field, watching Arell sleep, hoping she’d sleep forever.

 

            “What am I going to do…?” He asked himself.