- Text Size +

    Robert simply gazes upon the tiny woman, locking eyes with her as she presses her tiny hands and face against the cool glass, leaving tiny prints.

“I said...” April begins, taking a step toward Robert, and gently grasping his chin, pulling his face upwards so he is forced to look up at her. “Would you like eggs?” She finishes her

thought, her tone stern as a small sinister smile creeps across her face.  

“Uh, yes...” Robert stammers.

“Yes what?” April asks sternly, removing her hand from Robert’s face.

“Yes, April?” Robert says dumbly, knowing full well what she wanted to hear.

April opens her left hand and draws it back, her open palm barrels towards Robert’s cheek, cracking into it with enough force to turn his head towards the side. A huge red mark is left behind on his cheek. He holds the pose for a few moments, surprised by the suddenness of the assault.  

Samantha puts her hands to her mouth in shock, and backs away towards the middle of the glass as April’s hand comes down and turns the knob on the stove, causing it to the electronic ignition to click, until it generates a flame beneath the frying pan.

“Is it really worth being a smartass Robbie, do you have any idea what I can do to you?” She says, her tone cool and unnerving as she gently grabs Robert’s left hand.  

“Such well cared for little hands...” April coos gently, rubbing her huge thumb over the top of Robert’s appendage.  “What did you do for a living?” April asks gently.  Samantha can barely be heard, pounding on the glass hysterically, her little mouth moving, her muffled cries indecipherable.  April simply smiles down on the glass, grabs a small dish towel in her free hand, and drapes it over the tiny girl’s prison.

“Now, tell me Robbie, tell April what filled little Robbie Ladner’s days, before her...” She insists, placing her free hand on Robert’s right flank, and pushing him towards the stove, close enough that he can feel the heat of the flame on his naked leg.  

“I..was...I worked for a newspaper.” Robert explains, panting as his adrenaline starts to pump.

“Interesting, what did you do there?” She asks, in a cool, level tone as she slowly brings Robert’s hand over the pan, grasping it by his wrist and holding it a good six inches over the now, scalding surface.

“Ass.s..ss...sist. No, don’t do this!” Robert whimpers desperately as his hand is slowly lowered towards the surface of the pan, the heat becoming more and more intense.

“Shh shh shh.  Just answer the question.” She says reassuringly.

“Assistant editor!” Robert’s voice cracks.

“Good boy!” She coos, releasing his hand, which he quickly snaps back and cradles in his right arm, taking quick, quivering breaths as his heart pounds from his chest.

“Now, would you like some eggs?” She asks confidently, sure of her victory over him.

“Yes, PLEASE!” Robert answers obediently, without hesitation.

“That’s the magic word.” She says happily, humming as she turns around and walks towards the fridge.  She opens it and looks inside for a moment.  Robert looks down at the floor passed his tiny feet, and contemplates jumping down and sprinting towards the door, but she is back in an instant, with milk, eggs, and butter.  She places all of the items on the counter, near robert, before leaning down and scooping him into her chest.

Robert finds himself being set into a high chair, a small beige table stretching out in front of him.  

“April?” He asks, apprehensively.

“Yes?” She responds, narrowing her eyes as she leans back to her full height.

“Nothing...” He says, looking straight ahead.

April giggles innocently.  “You’re getting it Robbie, you’re getting it.” She responds as she walks to the counter, returning a moment later with Samantha in her palm.  She sets Samantha on the high chair table in front of Robert, and walks back towards the stove, the sound of cracking eggs soon fills the room.

Samantha sits down indian style, looking towards the surface of the table.  She looks back up at Robert, a worried look on her face.  “Are you ok?” Her tiny voice rings out, fluttering towards Robert’s ears like the squeakings of a rodent.

“I’m...fine.” Robert responds, leaning his head down towards the tiny figure.  

April sets butter into the pan, causing a loud sizzle to sound.  She picks up a cell phone from the counter and flips it open, pushing a few buttons.  A moment later the house phone rings. “Oops, who can that be?” She asks absently.  She picks the phone up, presses a button and puts it to her ear.  She puts the cell phone down on the counter and whisks the butter around the pan with a spatula.  “Hello?” She asks politely. “Oh yes, hello Henry!” April says excitedly into the phone.

Samantha perks up, turning towards April.  “It’s Henry!” She squeals happily, a broad smile appearing across her tiny face as she jumps to her feet, running to the side of the table.

“Who’s Henry?” Robert asks, in a half whisper.

“Yes, she is due for another episode, it’s been nearly two months.” April responds into the phone.

“He works at the special place!” Samantha exclaims, twisting around excitedly, and almost losing her balance.  

“Whoa whoa!” Robert stammers, moving his hand behind her, so that she does not fall off the table to her certain death.

“Approved really?! Yes, one or two days at maximum, I am sure she will be happy to hear it!” April grins as she looks towards the high chair.

“Oh yes! Thank god!” Samantha says, the sound of relief immediately obvious in her tiny voice.

“What is this special placed called?” Robert asks, more confused about it than anything else.

“That’s what It’s called... “The special place.”  Samantha says matter of factly, as April’s shadow rolls over the highchair, causing them both to look skyward.

“I have another one here, he is...not well.” April says, her voice taking on a more serious note as she gently rubs her fingernails against Robert’s cheek.  Robert finds himself shrinking back a bit.

“Well, he’s lost more than half of his mass in less than two days. Yes I know, that is very rare right?” April asks as she turns around and walks back towards the stove, whisking the eggs as she holds the phone to her ear with her shoulder.

“Oh no! They’re not going to have a spot for you!” Samantha exclaims desperately, running towards robert and leaning against his thumb.  “They didn’t have a spot for me until six months ago, they reserved it...” The tiny girl rambles.

“Hmm, I see....I see....can you..? Mmmhmm” April stammers into the phone.  

Robert looks at April, narrowing his eyes a bit. “You believe all of this?” He finally whispers down to the tiny girl, who backs off from his thumb a little bit.

“Yes! of course! She enjoys tiny people a bit too much it’s true, but on the inside, April really is a great person!” Samantha snaps, a bit of frustration in her voice, as if the tiny girl was trying to defend April.

“Ok, well, maybe we can put down a deposit?” April asks as she pours the eggs into the frying pan, pushing them around a bit with the spatula.

“Oh good, that’s what happened with me, they took a deposit.” Samantha explains calmly, sitting down in the middle of the table.

“O.K. I’ll call back tomorrow, Thank you Henry, bye!” She says happily, clicking the phone off and putting it back onto the charger.  The giant woman finishes cooking the eggs, humming happily to herself as she scoops them into two plates, grabbing two forks, salt, and pepper.  She places both plates on the kitchen table, and positions the high chair to be directly at the side of one of the kitchen chairs, the movement causing tiny Samantha to fall flat on her face.  

Robert helps the tiny girl to her feet, and she dusts herself off with her tiny hands as April sits down, salting and peppering one of the plates and pushing Samantha aside with one finger. She sets the plate in front of Robert, and Samantha immediately leans on it’s edge, the lip coming up to her tiny waist.

Moments later, April’s finger is pushing a large chunk of egg off of the plate, and in front of Samantha’s feet, the tiny girl looks down, and falls to her knees over it, digging her little hands into it and bringing small pieces of her mouth.

April simply giggles and smiles.  “Little piggy!!”  

Samantha giggles as she chews, sitting down on her tiny bottom as April reaches a fork into Robert’s plate, she spears an egg and lifts it to his face, filling his vision.  

“Open up.” April commands, sternly, and Robert finds himself reluctantly obeying, opening his mouth, which is quickly stuffed with hot eggs. After the fork leaves his mouth, he chews silently.

“Are you excited Samantha? hmm? Henry said they painted your room purple, just like you asked.” April informs the tiny girl as she impales another piece of egg, lifting it to Robert’s face again.

“They did?! Oh my god!”  The tiny girl swoons as she rips off another piece of egg in her tiny hands.

“What about Robert?” The tiny girl asks as Robert is forced fed another piece of egg. “He can share my room if he wants...” Samantha offers.

“That’s soooo sweet Sammy! I’ll have to ask Henry about that, won’t I?” April coos, petting the tiny girl’s head and tossing her hair about.  

“Thank her...” April demands as she spears another piece of egg.  Robert hesitates, looking between April, and the tiny Samantha.

“I said...thank her...” April leans in menacingly, her eyes narrowed.

“T..thank you!” Robert stammers, shrinking back in his seat as she lifts the piece of egg to his face, her expression softening.

“Good boy...” April coos as she force feeds him, pulling the fork away and spearing yet another piece of egg.  “A deposit is going to be pretty pricey, how much money do you have in your account, and what is your pin?” April smiles, lifting the egg to his face, yet again.

“Nothing... It was all in my wallet...” Robert claims, without hesitation.

“hmm, well, no matter, we’re going to take a walk on the boardwalk, and we’re going to check anyway, aren’t we? yes we are!” She coos gently, rubbing the top of Robert’s head as she stuffs one last piece of egg into his mouth.  She looks down at the near finished plate and turns toward her own food, placing the fork near her own.  She begins to eat, ignoring them for the most part.

“Oh duh! you two must be thirsty, one sec.” She says, wiping her mouth with a napkin and standing up.  She walks towards the counter, and grabs the same glass that she had trapped Samantha with.  She fills it with water from the sink and walks back, removing the plate, and replacing it with the filled glass.  Robert reaches with both hands, and brings the glass to his lips, taking a few gulps before setting it down.  

“What about her?” Robert asks, looking at April.

“Well, it is bath time for her...” April says coolly, pinching the pink dress from the girl effortlessly and sliding it from her and then placing it down on the kitchen table.

The tiny girl immediately covers herself.  “Aprillll!” She whines, shivering and shuddering.

“Not in front of himmmm!” She continues, but yelps as she is clamped between two huge fingertips and moved over the glass to be unceremoniously dropped inside.  The tiny girl is submerged under the water, and twists and turns desperately clawing her way to the surface and gasping as she whips her hair around. The tiny girl treads water as Robert looks over the rim of the glass, grimacing and staring on in disbelief.  April simply turns around and finishes her meal as Robert watches the girl swim around. She drinks some of the liquid, and submerges herself, her tiny hands rubbing between her breasts and around her entire body as she avoids direct eye contact with Robert.

April gets up and looks down on the scene.  

“Don’t stare Robbie, it’s not polite!” She insists as she takes her plate, and his, and walks over to the sink, washing them.

“Do you want me to..get you out of there?” Robert whispers down into the glass.

“No, it’s nice...” Samantha says calmly, leaning on her back and kicking her legs, calmly.  “Ahhhh.” She sighs happily, closing her eyes and just floating there.  

“Ok Robbie... Measurin’ time.” April says as she walks over, cupping her hands under his arms and lifting him up and out, placing him on the floor near the stove.  She pulls her marble notebook from between the cookie jars, and opens the draw, fishing for the tape measure.  Robert looks up at April, and realizes the top of his head just barely reached her waist. She was quite a bit more massive as well, one of her legs almost as thick as his entire body.  He finds himself backing up a few steps as she bends down, but she simply grabs his arm and pulls him back into his original spot.  “Stand still” She commands.

She runs the tape from his tiny big toe, to the top of his head.  

“Twenty eight inches... Or two foot- four inches tall.” April sings happily, standing up and letting the tape snap back into the spool.  She grabs a pen and scribbles the measurement down into the book, closing it and placing it back between the jars. She bends down and scoops Robbie back up, pinning him against her chest, his head hanging over her right shoulder.

“It’s bath time for someone else too.”  April coos.

“You’re going to wash me? Or are you just going to toss me into the tub and hope I  don’t drown?” Robert asks sarcastically.

April snorts a bit as she walks over the the highchair, plucking Samantha from the glass, and curling her fingers around the tiny woman before walking off into the living room, towards the staircase.

“I like my toys nice and clean.” She says, grinning as she methodically walks up the stairs.